Be completely honest, how do you feel about Holland's performance?

Be completely honest, how do you feel about Holland's performance?

Attached: MV5BODY4OWU5MTUtMDJhYS00NjdmLTllMDgtNWI2Y2E2Yjg3ZWFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ_._V1_SX1531_CR0_0_15 (1400x1400, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RiNF2-8TCL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's good. He's an enjoyable part of the crossover movies.
The problem is the bad writers for his solo movies.

He does a fine job with the bad material he is given

He is fun. And while he lacks that buried jaded side to him of original Peter Parker, he can certainly emulate Peter on his better days just fine and it's splendid to see adapted for movies.
And certainly leagues better than this fucking mess.
I still can't believe that there are so many people, even on Yea Forums, who insist that this was a good adaptation of Peter's character.

Attached: 1314194533528.jpg (211x238, 8K)

on his own, alright

but I can't stand the high school drama plots.

I can't help but wonder what'll happen when his voice starts to deepen though, especially since his American accent is already an octave higher than his normal voice.

Good in Civil War, where he was a good Peter Parker and a great Spider-Man. Bad in everything since then, which erased everything Spider-Man-y about his Civil War performance to zero in on "oh golly gee Mr Stark".

he's great. cute, too.

Quip quip quip quip... Quip... Quip

Great Spidey, great MJ and great movies!

Iron Boy

Ruined spider-man.

He's a good Parker and a good Spider-Man. And despite the contrarian echo chamber, his movies are good too.

He's a 1970s ethnicity in a 2010s world but his appearance matches the H.S. And Peter Parker better than any actor yet. Who would make a good Miguel O'hara?

Agreed. Toby just wasn't a good Spiderman.

He really sold "Completely Done with Shit" Peter well in the last half of Far From Home. And I enjoy that his quips come out accidentally.

He was alright

He does a fine job as Peter.
I just wish they would stop writing him sucking off Tony.

Tobey was a bad Spider-Man but a good Peter

This
and this

Markus and Mcfeely should write the third movie desu, I want to see what they do with him on a solo level

He’s decent, just prefer him in crossovers, I get bored of him as a lead.

>Who would make a good Miguel O'hara?
Unironically Oscar Isaac is a home run casting.

A little too close to Miles Morales in terms of being in the shadow of someone and having a fat asian side character, but ok I guess. I'm a little tired of High school Peter.

His movies feel like a tween movie on the old Disney channel
And it's all about Tony isn't it. The villains became villains because of Tony, Peter is Spiderman because of Tony, he's sad because of Tony, the world is in danger again because of Tony's tech. Peter is supposed to be this genius who made his own web and suit but now he's completely reliant on Stark tech and his suit is literally a latex Iron Man suit

Holy fucking shit

Alright. I still prefer Tobey though

i'm not a fan. his peter has no emotional depth is suffers from really bad writing like "this suit smells like a new car mr. stark".

he was good in civil war, but everything after that was a disappointment. i'd say he's worse than both tobey maguire and andrew garfield, but that's largely due to the shit writing and direction he's been given.

This completely. Peter has been robbed of an identity because MCU is all about pushing the star power of RDJ. Everything about Peter is now making Tony proud.

Skipping his origin story didn't help either. He lacks the balance of responsibility and consequence that the other films capitalized on. When Tobey refused to be a hero, people died. When he acted like a hero, his life as peter fell apart. Likewise when Andrew chose to ignore Captain Stacey's dying words, he got Gwen killed. They both suffer and are unappreciated for their work.

Holland, on the other hand, gets off free every time. His lives never collide in the same way they do in the other films. Consequences are short lived and he gets away with a simple apology.

Very good. He's a perfect kid Spider-Man. Writing isn't so fantastic, but as the actor portraying Spidey he's really good.

Feige pretty much made it impossible to take him out of the mcu without completely rebooting him because of this iron boy and his amazing donut steal friends take, all the while really weakening the character to a mere protege.

He was a terrible Peter. He was ok as Spider-Man though but his Peter was irredeemable.

Too much sucking Tony’s cock.

Good but can be better. Needs to play peter more straight/ play spiderman more jokey and confident

tobey: Good peter/ bad spiderman
andrew: good spiderman/ terrible peter
tom: goodish both, could do better.

So exactly like Garfield played him then?

>tfw you realize he did this solely so Sony couldn't take Spider-Man out of the MCU and into their universe after Marvel did all the work.

Attached: image.png (188x254, 73K)

I really enjoy him.
His villains are absolutely kino.

He's very good. I still think Garfield was the perfect casting for Peter and it's unfortunate that Sony fucked up his chance so hard, but Holland is doing a great job so far.

His quips are shit.

Wouldn't exactly call it work. Or good work at that. Its a no brainer to bring in an A lister like Spider-Man to help prop up your crossover team movies even more. But diminishing and kind of staining the character is just balls.

>uncle Ben looms over peter’s motivation
>suit is the best it’s ever been
>peter wanted to impress stark for a grant and that’s it
>he actually fucking quips

Holland's performance is fine he's just in badly written movies playing a badly written character.
M-MUH QUIPS aside, Toby was given the opportunity to actually act and show emotions. Beyond that Toby's Spider-Man actually had real conflicts that tore his life apart, you get to see him disappoint everyone in his life, and see him hate himself for it. And go back and watch the last fight between him and Green Goblin in the first movie, he's fucking devastated when he finds out his identity.
What does Holland's Spider-Man have? He sulks because Iron Man won't let him be Spider-Man? He sulks because his girlfriend's dad is the Vulture? Other than that he's just fine, hell it doesn't even seem like being Spider-Man is ruining his personal life, which is the ENTIRE CORE of the Spider-Man character.

Also it's not even as if Toby's Spider-Man didn't quip, he just didn't quip 24/7 9 days a week on overdrive. It made sense that when people are being blown up and killed that he wouldn't be all jokey about it, the original movies had a lot of life threatening situations.

Also Toby and Garfield weren't written to be chumps. Toby had some really fun slapstick stuff that made perfect sense as he had JUST gotten his powers and didn't know how to use them. Holland meanwhile is introduced stealing Captain America's shield and being in full combat with the Avengers, yet in his first solo movie he's doing dumbass shit like running into billboards and tripping over grills in people's backyards? What?

The Spider-Man MCU movies aren't Spider-Man movies. They're movies about some bitch ass kid named Peter who happens to have spider powers and calls himself Spider-Man. Completely different.

This is the last good Spider-Man movie (aside from Spider-Verse).
youtube.com/watch?v=RiNF2-8TCL4

Attached: marvel-spiderman-classic-suit-ps4-vo.jpg (3792x1838, 270K)

Through him, I can live out my dreams of being a teen fuckboi with a black tomboy qt gf.

>the high school drama plots.
this. snapping peter was a mistake. ironman should have got dusted instead only to come back and become the hero. spiderman and hulk could have invented the time machine. we needed a non-high school spiderman this time

ok let's clarify this at once
PS4 spiderman is a game about the story of Peter Parker, a smart and cheerful young man who tries to do the best he can as a spiderman, because he knows that with great power comes a great responsibility
ITSV is a movie about being a spiderman, everyone can have arachnid powers, but when you learn that with those great powers (you want them or not),come great responsibilities you can call yourself spiderman
MCU homecoming is the story (with sitcom vibes) of a boy named Peter who is Tony's pupil and developed arachnid powers, and with his friend he tries to prove that he is at the height of his mentor but he realizes that the situation is bigger than he, so he decides to just be a local hero

Don't care. I'm too mad about Disney turning MJ into a fucking nigger

Anyone else pissed off by FFH's postcredits? It feels like the hardest fuckin reach

Attached: 1553050751635.gif (194x269, 769K)

>he actually fucking quips
Hey, he quipped in Homecoming!
Once.
In the opening bank robbery.

good. needs actual life threatening villains and to shove off some side characters

is it me or does he not quip? it's more like innocent nervous boy humor and I guess since he's got a lot going on; he can't find the drive to quip

Did you miss the part where Mysterio hit him with a train and was using an army of drones to kill him and his classmates?

That sounds pretty in-line with Spider-Man's character to me.

facts. he was clearly just going along with what tony told him but he did everything he needed to in civil war for his first outing. his solo films like watered down the character and he started heavily embracing the iron boy jr trope

the train part was the only seriously tense moment. his friends were obviously and would've been obviously fine. I don't want to see him fight drones. I want him to combat a villain. wrestle doc ocks arms or get his ass whooped by venom

That's part of Mysterio's charm. He's pretty damn threatening with his illusions, but outside of that, he's a regular guy who gets his ass kicked by the Web-Head.

And Vulture kicked his ass pretty hard in Homecoming.

believe me. I thoroughly enjoyed the mysterio antics. it was damn good to watch but I want spiderman to fight 1v1 again. the vulture fighters were pretty conservative though. he was trying to live up to being like iron man and then when he learned his real identity; he started holding back which resulted in, villain defeats himself

Given Watts wants Kraven for the next movie, I'd expect Spidey doing a lot of fighting.
Hell, I expect Spider-Man to do a lot of fighting regardless of who the villain is. Smythe and the Spider-Slayers, Scorpion or Kraven.
I mean, the entire city believes him to be a psychotic murderer now.

he's good. the problem is the writing

yeah but seeing how things have been. it'll be a big joke before it starts up something serious. hoping for a good fight from another good villain inclusion

I'd like to see him in college rather than HS.

I'm not a fan of the bright-eyed eternal optimist thing they're going with.
NotMuhPeter

He's too soft. And Spider-Man should never be played by a Brit.

But Superman is ok?

Dude's 22 or 23. That's his voice.

>what'll happen when his voice starts to deepen though

Attached: 1384395184693.png (505x477, 270K)

he does a good job. Not too parker like Tobey and not too cool spidey like in Garfield. He is the obnoxious Avenger just like in the comics.

>And Spider-Man should never be played by a Brit.
Good thing 2/3 of the Spider-Man in cinema are played by Brits!

Did I fucking say that?

I remember thinking the credits were done twice because of the spacing, only for more to roll up. It was pretty obnoxious.

Aunt May isn't frail.

Flash Thompson poses zero threat to Peter's insecurities as he is not a jock.

>He's a 1970s ethnicity in a 2010s world
What the fuck are you talking about?

>He doesn't have any consequences!
Why do people keep forcing this meme? His actions had plenty of consequences
>Tobey Peter suffered
More or less because the people around him (except for maybe Aunt May and Conners) were written off as gigantic cunts. Especially in MJ's case.

>Him giving EDITH to Beck gives Beck what he needs to destroy London and possibly more cities for publicity stunts
>Him being trusting of Beck gets him framed and his secret revealed
>Peter chases after Vulture and causes the Barge to split
>Peter locks up Toomes who can no longer provide for his family, causing them to move away.
>Peter trusts Ned with the Chitari core which puts everyone at Washington in danger
>He keeps losing backpacks
>He doesn't listen to Ned talking about coming over to his apartment, which leads to Ned discovering Peter's identity
>Him goofing off with the bank crooks leads to that shop getting destroyed
Just to name a few.

I can understand the Aunt May complaint.
Jock bullies are only a thing for Boomers and Zoomers. In the age of the Internet and shit, bullies are more prevalent in gossip and rumors.
Hell, Flash and Peter were equally dicks to each other. The only difference between the two was that Flash was popular, and Peter was not.

>Peter has been robbed of an identity
They've more or less just skipped ahead a few years even though Peter is still young.

>than this fucking mess.
You didn't even pretend to have a valid opinion.

holland is great, zendaya was fucking great in this new one but was horrible in the first one

i think i have a boner for holland and i hate myself for it

As Ironkid?

i seriously feel like zendaya and tom holland would do better if they played the characters straight as a typical peter/mj (ultimate inspired if need be) instead of "here's not-miles and here's not-ultimate gwen!"

like seriously give zendaya red hair and make her mary jane how hard is it

I'm sure he'd have a boner for you if youre not ugly because he's gay

t. homo

>I'm too mad about Disney turning MJ into a fucking nigger
I am more mad that they didn't go all the way. If you gonna make peter have jungle fever hire an actual black girl and not whatever we actually got.

Peter is officially a coal burner in MCU what more do you want?

Peter ever being such a pathetic, sobbing doormat of a pushover, that completely freezes in the face of people being mean to him or situations that are cruel, is incredibly out of character. Extremely so.
Whatever made you think your opinion was ever valid in the first place? Peter was always a nerd, yes. But he was not the sobbing beta orbiter pushover type. Never.
If anything he was right off the deep end on the opposite end of the spectrum, and might very well have crossed the line had he not became Spider-Man, allowing him to vent.

>racemixing
Absolutely disgusting. This is why I don't watch (((marvel))) movies

Attached: image01.jpg (800x800, 160K)

By having a actual black girl and not like 40% black girl. Also coal burner is term for women.

It is fine for white man though. White men have colonized for centuries.

Attached: 1408578066311.jpg (320x420, 54K)

He's fine.
He's a likeable Peter and a decent Spiderman. Wish he would quip more....everyone does it in the MCU. But the one character in the comics that is known for it, hardly does?!

No

We gave Africa back because we took the resources nigs were too retarded to use for 200,000 years. White people made better use of the continent in 100 years than they did throughout human history.

Attached: NO_IT_DOESNT_ITS_JUST_A_COINCIDENCE_AH_IM_SO_SLEEEEEEPY.gif (480x366, 2.55M)

Whats the male equivalent of coal burner?

Is Neo Ned movie any good?

An oil driller

>No
Yes
Your point being? And in the end we probably should have just let them be in peace.

forgettable. His movies don't give him any material to make him stand out either.

In the past year I've really warmed up to him. Hes the best movie Spider-Man. He nails both Peter and Spidey, and has a wide range of emotions without becoming dopey or blubbery like Tobey.
I just want them to mature him as the years go on.

I'd agree if they didn't benefit from modern medicine.

This, he definitely isnt bad but the material doesnt let him shine

Fuck off. Holland is fine but he genuinely quips less than Tobey post civil war. Saying “WOAH” “AWESOME DUDE” or “AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” doesn’t count as an actual quip

What makes him a good Peter his age? Is that all? Garfield was dumb to play a 15 year old but Tobey was not that bad for an 18 year old Spidey

What makes him a good Spider-Man? His “quips”? He doesnt even attempt to make jokes bad or good he just makes noises like an actual retard

This. He had so much potential in civil war. As a character I’d agree that Garfield was better (he gets a lot of shit because the films were bad overall) than Holland’s peter/Spiderman but as far as the movies go overall I’d say Holland’s are better than Garfield’s even though they have incredibly retarded elements

That was my issue with the mcu recently, it feels like Tony Stark has way too much influence compared to everyone else. His is basically the main character and everyone else is a side character in his spin offs

In regards to him being a bad Spiderman in homecoming I think it’s just a conflict of vision between The russos and Jon watts. The russos clearly wanted a fairly competent Spiderman just lacking resources while Jon Watts wanted a goofy teen movie with a silly Spiderman that had slapstick humour the problem is that it comes right after civil war

Why would he decide to be a local hero when he already was a local hero? He denied Tonys request because he is a local hero but then has to learn to be exactly what he already was

He's meek and awkward, his quips are terrible and not even in so bad it's charming way, he's the youngest and most childish version of Spider-Man. He supposed to be one of the biggest most recognisable heroes of Marvel and yet he feels like he's unable to carry his own movie. He's not charismatic and feels like his range of emotion end on smacking his lips and awkwardly waving his hands. I don't buy him as Spider-Man at all. Only thing he does good is his physical prowess and agility. Which don't matter much when most of it is still erased and replaced by CGI puppet for no reason.

I didnt mind at first but when they decided that she would immediately be his love interest I found it weird. In a predominantly white country he has two black crushes in a row

That's nice. Finally MJ fans can feel dissapointment of Felicia fans.

Fights where no one is in immediate danger like against shocker 1 and 2 are perfect opportunities to quip but he doesn’t instead he just makes weird noises or mumbles to himself . If he does quip he doesnt actually direct it at his enemie. Which is weird because they gave him a suit A.I for the sole purpose of avoiding him talking to himself

May doesnt always need to be frail and old but removing The aspect of Peter trying to provide for her is dumb because its just one less thing for peter to care about in these films. Aunt May is honestly closer to his big sister in these movies

>Spider-man
You mean Peter-Parker-man, right?
>Meet literally anyone
>remove mask and reveal identity
>"Hi, I'm Peter Parker"
Fuck these garbage movies.

>there are "people" who call MCU Spidey comic accurate unironically

Attached: jinjo.png (159x189, 54K)

They changed everything bad about his character from previous movies. At the same time they took away things which previous movies done right.

How many of those “consequences” you and countless others list have any actual impact on Peter let alone lasting impact?
>Peter gives glasses to Beck and fights him across Europe which goes against the accords but nothing comes of it. Him losing his secret identity I agree with but because of the lack of impact his identity has had on his personal life and him revealing it to every major character it just doesnt feel important.
>Peter causes barge to spill it but no one dies and Iron Daddy immediately fixes everything
>The Toomes family arent suddenly broke they were already well off, I thought they left to start a new life since the world knows their father/husband was a super villain
>The consequence of that is the girl that peter barely knows and was only crushing on because she was hot moved states. He didnt seem to bothered anyway
>Peter trusts Ned with the bomb but what happens? Nothing. The bomb is so shit no one even gets as much as a scratch. Peter then instantly saves everyone and isnt too bothered by the fact he nearly got his friends killed
>”He keeps losing backpacks” I wasnt going to mention this one because I thought it was a joke but this could have meant something if Peter and May were poor and couldn’t afford to waste money on backpacks but they arent really in a bad place. They have a nice apartment, Pete has nice clothes, goes to a special school for smart kids and has a suit worth millions
>the shop one is my least favourite thing in this whole movie. The owner was clearly standing right in the bottom floor and the entire floor explodes. Not only is the owner not injured at all and his cat is unscathed but he doesnt even get pissed at the superhero for not doing his job properly and ruining his livelihood. So much for the under appreciated neighborhood hero.
As for Flash, he is actually unpopular. every scene his is in he is belittled and recently got punched in the balls for humour. Peter doesnt even acknowledge him

Haven’t read all the responses but I think he does a poor job pretending to be straight.

Why do you care if they benefited from modern medicine?