What was Disney thinking?

What was Disney thinking?

Attached: IMG_20190810_075250.jpg (639x472, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stall_(fluid_dynamics)
youtu.be/qtvqTUinGY8?t=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tales of the Gold Monkey is rad.

Attached: Cape Suzette.webm (640x480, 2.06M)

That they could take the aesthetics of Tales of the Gold Monkey, mash it up with the relationships from Cheers, and lay it over The Jungle Book and get something that would keep the kids aged 8 to 13 watching Between Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck.

>obese loser
Says who? He's probably just like Baloo.

The setting of this show is so rad.

Indeed

Attached: Aerial refueling.webm (640x480, 2.56M)

HD version when

An obese loser?

Ah, one of the hallmarks of Dieselpunk. No Child Endangerment laws.

Becky a cute!

Attached: stall.webm (640x480, 1.94M)

Becky a bitch

Attached: Iron Vulture iceberg.webm (640x480, 765K)

He Does look a a different colored Baloo.

Attached: 8EF830B3-9E79-4E70-8D3F-80D53180DE06.jpg (4032x3024, 1.36M)

I'd assume most male bears become obese in that universe

They fucked this up; "stalling" in aeronautics doesn't refer to any kind of mechanical failure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stall_(fluid_dynamics)

>Single Mothers are shit.
Hey, she's a widow, not a divorce monkey.

it's not mutually exclusive with choking the engine by cutting the air flow, though.

>ywn be an air pirate
why live

What a shame.

Attached: Air Pirates and Iron Vulture.webm (640x480, 2.59M)

is this a ripoff of porco rosso

This came out a few years before that film did

>Rebecca will never tear you to shreds with her sharp claws
Why live

Wait, where does he put the money?

They look cute but all I really want to know is if Baloo & Becky ever got together

never :(

b-but Rescue Ranger and Goof Troop got HD versions...

I miss those simpler times.

Attached: 1553592996230.png (862x769, 214K)

Is Molly dressed like evel knievell?

It's more that both are based on the same era of pulp fiction.

>girl child character is now a badass
It's all so predictable.

>109247842
>girl character who idolized a character called Danger Woman is now a daredevil/stunt performer
No (You) for you.

>that time Kit enlisted in a foreign military

Attached: 093920.png (650x480, 461K)

Did you watch the show? Danger Woman was a superhero, not a daredevil.

I wanted his flying board thing so badly as a kid.

>getting stomachaches watching this shit
Man I grew up to be a pussy

a COMMUNIST military to boot

Why do they draw bears with that weird harsh transition from face to snout? That's not what bears look like, it's just gross and unnatural.

Why did that he have him let the board bounce away? And then he magically has it again later on. Poorly thought through sequence.

How did he get the glider back?!

you some kind of bear expert or something

I don't think bears walk on legs or talk either
Why isn't this cartoon realistic

I've had this on my phone for almost a year and never got around to watching it

>Usland
>Thembria
Show was so well crafted. Shere Khan's fucking jungle office with carnivorous plants.

Attached: rebecca cunningham.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Why does this make you angry, user?

He's just trying to start shit.

I mean it's pretty clear he's never actually seen TaleSpin. If any female character, anywhere, grew up to be a daredevil it'd be Molly Cunningham. She grew up listening to radio dramas about "Danger Woman," dressed up like a superhero, and went on adventures against sky pirates and ghosts and shit.

I said it's predictable. Everyone is doing the same thing and it puts me to sleep.

>She grew up listening to radio dramas about "Danger Woman," dressed up like a superhero, and went on adventures against sky pirates and ghosts and shit.

Sounds like Baloo to me.

So are those two married?

The incest ship won't happen but nothing will stop you or anyone from shipping it

I thought they weren’t related?

they're not

...You DO remember how in the original show, Molly was generally portrayed as an adventurous kid who's primary flaw was "being 6 years old" in terms of her not understanding shit out of innocence, right?

So grew up to be a, presumably plane-based, Evel Knievel styled stunt woman going by her new outfit. Doesn't surprise me in the fucking least.

>So are those two married?
I hope so but not to each other.

I didn't get a sexual tension vibe from them.

Really user? I remember thinking they had a ton of chemistry even as a kid. Them & Darkwing/Launchpad.
Actually I think I just shipped everything with everyone in the Disney Afternoon.

>Moving the goalpost argument
Shut up, Dana. For the 10th time. Danger Woman was a superheroine, not a daredevil. Go back and suck Hirsch's dick again.

Everyone with taste wants Darkwing/Launchpad

I don’t think they’ll take the plunge on Nu Ducktales because I’m sure the goal is to eventually do a DWD spin-off and having the main characters in a gay relationship would be too risky but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was heavily implied. Launchpad is canonically bisexual now so who knows.

>Launchpad is canonically bisexual now

Attached: 1352929053182.jpg (512x384, 37K)

Wait when?

It depends on if you consider word of god canon or not but the show runner has used gender neutral terms when referring to his exes, has supposedly RT’d DWD/LP fanart and seems to approve of a board artist drawing him with a boyfriend.

>maybe this characers is A GAY
>wouldn't that be fascinating
>you'll just have to wonder
>I'll never tell

Attached: 132261492487.jpg (200x251, 7K)

Well, at least Molly looks like...Molly. She looks like a woman, instead of a man. The Evel Knievel outfit is neat. Sadly, they will probably make her into a boring, strong, super-independent, flawless female character that has no problems at all and can always sass the men because she's smarter then all of them.

Kit, on the other hand, will be a dumbass and a loser, in order to make Molly look smarter. We've all seen this shit a hundred times over in the "stunning and brave" world we currently live in.

What about Morgana, tho?

Maybe she and Drake are swingers in this timeline

He dated a clone of himself once.

>not 540:720
Relatively crisp though.

Attached: Air Pirates landing and takeoff.webm (640x480, 2.86M)

So you're saying there's a chance

Attached: 48732.jpg (512x384, 23K)

Attached: Flak.webm (640x480, 1.89M)

They’re fuck buddies at the very least.

Attached: Flak2.webm (640x480, 1.14M)

Holy fucking christ were you fucks always such joyless fucking cunts?

Depends on the thread, time of day, and who's posting.

Single and foremost thought always going thru disney execs head.

Attached: moneymoneyMONEY.gif (220x165, 318K)

Attached: DuckTales S02 Ep16 - The Duck Knight Return!_Moment (2).jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Attached: Disney's Crimson Skies.webm (640x480, 2.78M)

Dorks.

Attached: Disney's crashing this plane.webm (640x480, 2.8M)

Attached: Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge.webm (640x480, 1.32M)

Attached: Air Pirates.webm (640x480, 2.64M)

Attached: Air Pirates3.webm (640x480, 2.82M)

Attached: Air Pirates4.webm (640x480, 2.69M)

happy sky king day

Attached: 1565418899436.jpg (768x1024, 92K)

>It's already been a year.
Time sure flies.

Attached: landing.webm (640x480, 1.48M)

Holy fuck. That entire sequence is full of some really good shit for some bullshit late 80s kids show

Man, I'm rewatching this series and can't help but notice that back then writers knew less about planes than today's kids playing crap like War Thunder. Older works would keep getting things wrong such as flight physics or damage dealt by respective calibers.

I would totally fuck her up the ass

A E S T H E T I C S

>damage dealt by respective calibers.
Do what now?
youtu.be/qtvqTUinGY8?t=22

Attached: furball.webm (640x480, 2.85M)

I have a Tail Spin VHS

>30mm cannon stun setting
The show was pretty based with all the guns and violence. The portrayal of communism was on point too.

Attached: firing-squad.webm (544x400, 1.26M)

Attached: Thembrian fighters.webm (640x480, 2.46M)

Anyone got a clean WEBM of the Sea Ducks Over Drive? that scene was so cash.

Attached: overdrive.webm (640x480, 1.17M)

Attached: helicopter.webm (640x480, 2.88M)

Attached: jet engine.webm (640x480, 2.94M)

Did they already use CG back then? Some plane scenes in that ep didn't quite look hand drawn to me.

>Funny cartoon animals
>Realistic machines of war
Was this show made by war vets or something?

????this is from the 80's there is no CG maybe they rotoscoped something but not much more beyond that

I like the mild dieselpunk vives the show can have on some designs

"What if Rebecca from Cheers was a bear that kids like would want to grow up to fuck in the ass?"

Well, okay then. I just thought this landing looked oddly artificial. I think I saw similar stuff in a few other scenes.

Attached: tub-attack.webm (640x472, 1.3M)

>seaduck wobbles and slides around as it lands
>lines all clean, proper perspective kept, nothing seems to skew, fluid as hell compared to everything before it
absurd

You're not really getting the point. The problem isn't that she grew up to be a daredevil or whatever, the problem is that every single girl character is written to be the same exact idea. There's no actual diversity just the same hyper competent eye rolling stock character whose only flaw is that she's LOLWACKY! Actual femininity is a crime, motherhood and grandmotherhood aren't enough, regular girls who act like girls can't rise to an occasion because they had risen out of the gate.

It's all so tiresome.

I like how mundane that bird makes that look

They deal with so many attacks it's probably gotten really dull to him.

Attached: Iron Vulture takeoff.webm (640x480, 1.51M)

I get what you’re saying. It makes sense for Molly as a character but they’re adding her to a show already full of “badass woman” characters.
I wonder how they’ll write Daisy as she’s always been pretty traditionally feminine.

They repeatedly and successfully dealt with Carnage's crap in that episode. They're more excited about lunch Baloo's bringing them than the pirates.

Attached: gunners.webm (640x472, 1.73M)

I don't like pigs
and that's for real
but if they catch me
I'm gonna squeal

jesus christ

will we ever meet mr Cunningham

He's dead

>hyper competent
>lolwacky
>women also can't be feminine if they do jobs that involve an element of danger
I think you're intentionally tiring yourself out here, getting riled up about shit that hasn't proven to be true or is just knee-jerk reactions to seeing a woman who isn't "just a mother or a grandmother." Remember that Becky wasn't just a mother either on the show.

Would this kind of show possible today? By Disney, I mean.

I don't know, anons say that Amphibia is pretty based with it's sense of looming danger and death. Disney could potentially be the right network for the job.
Not sure about real firearms though. What was the last cartoon where you guys had seen a gun?

Reminds me of that insane all-female bomber regiment of WW2 that flew slower than the stall speed of German fighter planes and close to the ground, so the Germans had an extremely hard time shooting them down despite their planes being WW1 era plywood junk.

>realism in TaleSpin

Bruh, they once carved a functional plane out of fucking ICE.

SNOW DUCK
N
O
W

D
U
C
K

Attached: Snow Duck.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

>canonically bisexual
huh? in which series? i guess i need to finish nu-ducktales and confirm this, kind of hard to believe

the character i expected to be attracted to men is Panchito. he has kind of an "anything that moves" vibe to him

Attached: panchito carpet.png (2010x1690, 3.68M)

Cry more. It hasn't even come out yet.
What's your obsession with pure femininity? Among the badass characters male and female alike, having a stereotypical "girl" character would be boring as hell. Plus, it's not like badass females don't express femininity too. Stop making problems for yourself, you'll feel more happier when you don't make up stupid problems for the sake of getting angry.

Something for daddy. And teen males.

Wow that scene really didn't age well.

And I use to think that was the coolest shit ever along with those rocket pandas.

>Stop making problems for yourself, you'll feel more happier when you don't make up stupid problems for the sake of getting angry.
Must be the same kind of worryposter who typed himself into a rage about how it would turn out that Della stealing the Spear of Selene was for an important reason and Donald being to blame for everything and girl power this and girl power that.
Turns out that Della just stole the rocket ship because she really was nothing more but an impatient adrenaline junkie.

On the one hand they seem to have depicted plunging fire, which while a feature of naval rather than anti-air gunnery makes sense since the pirate ship is a fanciful flying aircraft carrier...on the other had they depicted a gun firing the entire cartridge.

>Hey, kids, hope you aren't afraid of heights!
Jesus Christ.

>You're not getting the point! TRANNY SJW ONIONS DISCORD DILATE CLOWN WORLD!
At last I truly see.

So, Molly's a stunt women or part of an air circus?
And kit is just a clone?

That's how you know they were written correctly

Wait, so does that mean Duck Tales Don Carnage is... Don Carnage Junior? Or did he take over the part like the Dread Pirate Roberts?

Sometimes Disney makes magic. For the good, and for the dick.

TaleSpin remains securely somewhere on my Top Five or so Best Cartoons Ever list, even almost thirty years later. The combo of 30s Pulp adventure and modern cartoon silliness just pushes all my buttons.

Attached: Capcom TaleSpin.png (1092x1500, 2.45M)

Bearfus. Just bearfus.

Attached: treasure bear.png (614x464, 370K)

I'm hoping.

>Kit and Molly refer to Karnage as "Junior"
>Karnage furiously insists that his name is Don Karnage THE SECOND, not "Junior"

I always wondered why Grammi Gummi was always so careful with the hems of her dress, lifting them all daintily and ladylike to step up onto something...but when she starts bouncing, never held the dress down in the front. She just starts doing middle splits in midair, dress somewhere around her hips, flashing the world. And I have NO problem with this. Just thought it was odd. Like someone drinking a cup of tea in tiny, polite sips, pinkie extended...then belching loud enough damage local surroundings and to set off car alarms afterwards.

You lost me at belching.

Attached: D875Q6dXUAEFueq.jpg (1024x966, 71K)

i loved this show

It was just an example of someone being utterly polite, then a boor. Contrasting behavior. Kids with their ADD...they focus too much on the minutia to get the message of what's being said.

god dammit

is this another one of those things where my e621 search is going to be ruined by the drowning fetish guy