What series do you think have a satisfying conclusion?

What series do you think have a satisfying conclusion?

Attached: The Boys.png (608x938, 295K)

Punisher Max with Valley Forge, Valley Forge

Y: The Last Man is an odd one in that I love the final issue, but the rest of the series was mostly forgettable fluff

I have a theory that red rover charlie takes place alternate reality, where butcher doesn't get terror and that one event leads to him detonating the bombs.

Fuck Butcher. He went from an asshole to a complete pace of trash in the last volume.

he was always trash but this.I'm glad the show made him and the supes likeable.

I fuckin hate 90% of his other books, but journey into mystery by kieron gillen had a real great ending on a critique about non-endings with cape comics

He was right, they would have tried to stop him from killing all supes.

I actually didn't find the conclusion of The Boys turning Butcher into the endgame boss all that satisfying. His plan to kill anyone with compound v in their system would, according to the rules of The Boys universe, basically kill every single living thing on earth - it's explained early on in the comic that trace amounts of it are found fucking everywhere thanks to industrial pollution and the fact that superhero piss, shit, etc can't be adequately filtered out of the water supply. Butcher has a huge chip on his shoulder throughout the series, but he doesn't seem like someone who'd kill the entire human race out of spite..

And? He would have kill countless innocent and the rest of the boys anyway.

The conclusion was kind of a leap in character, wish it was done more smoothly. However, this is also supposed to deconstruct the Punisher archetype - the antihero whose quest for justice is actually fueled by revenge and who can never really stop because he's too far gone.

They should have been more hints, I mean there’s all that shit Malory said about him but at least make a panel with Butcher making a suspicious call or even talking with the Jew scientist. I don’t know.

There*

I got tears in my eyes from this.

Butcher was always a crazy bastard and I thought the ending made a lot of sense given everything we know about him.
>was about to murder Superduper if Hughie didn’t stop him
>everything Mallory says
>his own flashback when he’s talking to his dad
>his threat to Rayner
I thought it was coming. Butcher was never a good person and was right about his dad’s evil getting into him.

Superior Ennis ending coming through

Attached: hitman.jpg (1024x1581, 369K)

It makes a lot of sense providing you read Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker. It was foreshadowed that it would end this way several times throughout the main book.

If it’s not obvious, I’ll spell it out: Butcher didn’t actually want to succeed at the end. He knew he was fucked in the head and that he would inevitably go overboard and attempt to do something insane and destructive, so throughout the entire story he was basically training Hughie to be able to stop him when that happened. In this way Hughie would essentially take Lenny’s place as Butcher’s mediator. He wanted Hughie to become the hero and get the happy ending that his own little brother never got.

That’s why he went against the homelander without an actual plan. He went there to die.

Butcher was basically acting on impulse and fulfilling his “destiny” at the end. But you’re missing the big point here: he WANTED Hughie to stop him. That’s ultimately why he spent so much time training him while he was still in control of his actions: Butcher didn’t want Hughie to stop the supes; Butcher wanted Hughie to stop Butcher.

“Besides, I always wanted a little brother.”

It’s actually really sweet and touching in a fucked-up Ennis kinda way. The entire time he was setting Hughie up to be the guy who saves the day and gets the girl.

People didn't understand this? It's fucking spelled out in the last few issues, especially the ones after the climax.

Just the one.

Attached: Fury Max 013-020.jpg (1920x2951, 1019K)

not the boys, that's for sure
I mean, it was a well written, but too sad to be considered satisfying

Attached: RCO020.jpg (1040x1600, 276K)

this. also, he fucks himself grabbing hughie's arm and saving him. someone as ruthless as billy would never do this unless it wasn't what he wanted since the beggining

butcher is such a great character, too bad the tv show ruined him

Attached: RCO007.jpg (1041x1600, 396K)

Ugh, fuck me. ;-;7

Why is kanya west dressed as a baby?

>too sad to be satisfying
if you thought there would be a happy ending you were kidding yourself.

>butcher is such a great character, too bad the tv show ruined him
I got faith. Kripke was an amazing showrunner for the first five seasons of Supernatural. he's a man with a plan. He's already plotted out how he would do Herogasm in season 3. I'm game.

Compared to Hitman's ending The Boys' ending was fucking happy.

Never thought of it like that

And the worst Ennis ending has got to be A Walk Through Hell. That recent series dropped the ball hard.

And speaking of bad endings, American Virgin literally ended with a roof caving in and divine intervention.

This one just felt really tragic and unfulfilling to me.

It was fine until Butcher blew up the Female and the Frenchman using a bomb after everyone already figured out his plan. Hughie vs Butcher was really unsatisfying and ending it with cliche taunting.