If Ronan touched the Power Stone to the surface of Xandar, the whole planet and all its inhabitants would have died...

If Ronan touched the Power Stone to the surface of Xandar, the whole planet and all its inhabitants would have died. Why didn’t Thanos do this on Earth and kill everyone at once, so nobody could stop him from snapping? Why didn’t he do it on Titan when fighting the Avengers, everyone there was already dead and would have just killed the other avengers.

Attached: 4C450543-A2B0-4B56-8C13-096C74C37FD7.jpg (1020x680, 217K)

we wouldn't have much of a movie then would we

Out of story answer: Because then there'd be no conflict

In-story answer: I got the sense that Thanos was "saving" as much of the universe as he could for the snap. He could have killed tons of people at several points in the movie, but I guess he was like "eh, I want to see if they make it"

Why didn't Thanos just use the Mind Stone on everyone to make them think he was right?

In Endgame he was planning on destroying the whole universe. So wtf is the point of saving them all for the "snap"? In Infinity War it made more sense because he wants as many 50/50 deaths to be pure chance, but in Endgame he has no reason to not kill everyone on sight.

He didn't decide to kill everyone in Endgame until he reached Earth, and he didn't have the stones at that point to follow through on that desire

>Why didn’t Thanos do this on Earth and kill everyone at once, so nobody could stop him from snapping?

If he uses the Power stone to destroy the Earth before getting the Mind Stone, he risks launching it into space in the explosion, where he'll never find it again. Or at least, not for several years, at the minimum. And after he has the mind stone, there's no reason to blow up Earth, because no one can stop him from snapping anyway. Except Thor, but he doesn't know that.

>Why didn’t he do it on Titan when fighting the Avengers

Again, destroying the planet before getting the Time stone, at that point, risks launching it into space where he can never find it again. He could have destroyed Titan after acquiring the stone, but it's his homeworld, and he's already so close to total victory anyway.

Exhausted iron man struggled less with the stones than Thanos and Hulk did. the movies are an inconsistent mess (just like the comics) but they did a pretty great job anyway considering the logistics of movie making

I'm talking about Earth in Endgame. The moment he swatted Captain Marvel away with the power stone, he should have then just touched the stone to the surface.

You're a fucking idiot for calling it a "mess", seriously every movie has minor inconsistencies like that. In Endgame every inconsistency you think of can be explained. You could say that because Iron Man's wish wasn't as grand or wide scale as Thanos or Hulk's, that's why he didn't struggle so much.

I get a sense that, though he spouts thing logically, he is still dramatic. Like "grateful universe" and watching the sunset while thinking people will love him someday for being right. He, above all elese, probably wanted to win and be seen winning. Can't kill em all too quick. Let them see him win and rub it in their face about how he is "inevitable"

Probably would have killed himself too on the process, considering the direct touch of the stone kills most people and actually using for such a large attack would probably have huge backlash.

I just mean the part where they first put the glove on and "absorb" the energy. It barely effected iron man. Even thanos struggles

Does that mean Ronan was ready to kill himself too in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Yes I know, but perhaps that struggle is a result of the stones reading the individual and getting ready to do their "wish". Thus the bigger wishes lead to a higher surge of energy

It's because he's entirely covered by a suit made for this whereas Thanos and Hulk get their skin burnt.

that is also a good point

I think it was a pride thing. He was doing it and doing it his way.

Iron Man effectively had a full-body Infinity Gauntlet.

Because when he swatted her away he was just going to snap. Which was BETTER than touching it to the planet.

It wouldn't be surprising.

Thanos wanted to give them a fair shot at beating him. And they almost did, if Thor had gone for the head the Snap wouldn't have happened.

Because Endgame Thanos and IW Thanos are two different people, essentially. 2014 Thanos was shown what his plan ultimately results in (universe doesn't thrive and in fact withers and rebels), so he changed tactics and concluded the only way to make his insane plan work is to literally remake everything so it does.

Dude was a fanatic nutter, he probably simply didnt think that far ahead

The Power Stone amplified the power of the Universal Weapon, not Ronan himself.

He struggled less because a)he had an entire suit of the nanotech to disperse the energy better than a single glove and b) did you not see the stone's energies dissolving said nanotech suit while he was making his big "I am iron man" bit? Besides, Tony knew for a fact he was a dead man the second he took the Stones. If Hulk was right and a fully assembled Gauntlet gives off gamma radiation, Tony had his DNA scrambled to pieces just by putting the stones on. Knowing this is the last thing you will ever do would make anyone not give a shit that you're racing to deaths doorstep

It is a mess. If the explanations need to be clarified outside of the movie to be understood or made sense of, otherwise plot holes exist, then it's a mess. This goes for minor inconsistencies and major plot points alike.

it could kill him if he did that, and then he can´t snap if he is dead

lol have sex

the explanations don't need to be clarified outside the movie retard. Just because a character doesn't explicitly say "oh smaller wishes are easier and Iron Man has a full body armor" doesn't mean a normal individual can't piece that together. But you're a retard so you couldn't