Lion King is close to beating the record for highest grossing animated movie of all time

>Lion King is close to beating the record for highest grossing animated movie of all time

How does it feel to know that Disney was right? Audiences only care about animation when it looks realistic and not a "cartoon for babies".

Attached: IMG_20190808_211707.jpg (573x506, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mLNAkPsjAEk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_submissions_to_the_Academy_Award_for_Best_Animated_Feature
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Disappointment in humanity.

>average people watch average movie
Oh boy what a surprise

>shit live action makes this much

We are getting these garbage remakes for the next 20 fucking years.

Don't care.
Plebes gonna plebe.

Wait does it count as animation now?

It's CGI, so it's animation no matter how "live-action" it looks

You forgot to write the part that makes me change my mind that it's not garbage.

;)

youtube.com/watch?v=mLNAkPsjAEk

Disney is gonna immensely regret getting this forced into Best Animated for an easy Oscar down the road when the uncanny valley has been conquered, they can bring actors back from the dead and any attempt to make a photorealistic CGI movie with humans has to go in the Best Animated category.

>95% of the movie is reused shots and dialogue from the original with worse actors
>People still paid to see it

Attached: yuck.png (600x550, 34K)

Only when it's about to break a record.

and most criticisms are about the 5% being different lol

It’s Disney. They can just change the awards.

Millions of moviegoers haven’t even seen the original, gramps

>Audiences only care about animation when it looks realistic and not a "cartoon for babies".
I don't think that's the conclusion to draw from this. All these fucking remakes make a billion dollars. To test your shitty conclusion, you'd need a movie unaided by nostalgia as proof.

Imagine making millions phoning it in with a lazy rehash catered to nostalgiafags

Not OP, but I know an alarming amount of people who unironically think like that. One coworker I know unironically wants a live-action Spider-Verse remake.

>There are dozens of us! DOZENS!!!

It's not gonna be as easy to play shenanigans with Best Animated moving forward. People are discovering that the Academy snubbed Disappearance for a nomination after SJWs started checking out KyoAni's catalogue following the fire and hearing about how much the studio pushed for women's rights in a male-dominated industry, they've already started having meetings to address the years of judges openly ignoring anime that isn't Ghibli and Disney already did the damage getting this classified as animation before the fire. This will either get pulled from Best Animated and lose any chance of winning an Oscar other than effects or CGI no matter how realistic will be codified as officially animation.

>Selling almost more than Frozen
How the ever loving fuck

Attached: Buy a guitar.png (135x183, 43K)

Jungle Book. Both Smurf live-action movies made more money than the animated movie. Every single live-action Spiderman, even "The Amazing" series, made more money than Spiderverse even though Spiderverse was the only one to win an award.

Attached: Untitled.png (257x143, 40K)

It's one of Disney's most popular movies and available on multiple physical and digital media.

Right, because it’s ancient. Kids haven’t seen it unless their boomer parents forced them to.

Disney made an animated spinoff series for little kids. Why would they do that if kids didn't like it?

Oh, so NOW it's fucking animated you pieces of shit

>disney film about to beat disney film for first spot at disney film

Quiero bajar de su atracción, señor Disney.

Like an old man yelling at clouds.

I love animation and the potential it has, but most people are always just going to see it as a tool to make their kids shut up for an hour or two. Innovation be damned.

Attached: 765435.jpg (1920x800, 138K)

I don't care. I've got my animation classics. Let the new rot for all I care.

I've been that way for a while. I was out on the 21st of December partying with a few friends drinking, laughing, eating, watching a local famous who dresses like Baron Samedi do incredible tricks across a dimly bit bar while a local bar played. All while I hoped it ended in some crazy way in 2012.

Still good shit. Not sure if it legally counts as theater or no one gave a fuck so he could smoke a cigar like Samedi while he spat fire and juggled cards around people. No idea how the fuck many hours you have to practice to break physics like that, and there can't be wires in a busy ass bar where we're moving around like that. Never actually been entertained by a crazy bastard before that alcohol chugging, cigar smoking, nutso.

Every new major release is going to be the highest grossing movie in it's category.
Why? Well, there is china. They spend an assured 600 million on every major release regardless of what it is. Then there is a thing called inflation. If the exact same amount of people go watch the exact same movie every year, the latest year will always be the highest grossing.

Inflation and all makes this worthless

yes, apparently, they didn't use real lions

Disney already said they’re NOT submitting TLK for Best Animated Feature.

Most people in America. Europe, Russia, Japan, China, and even Africa treat animation with more respect than Americans, who think movies like Lilo & Stitch are just 90 minute long babysitters.

Attached: Kariba Animated Film.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

It's the sad truth.
Also, parents who don't care about their kids and who want to shut them up by plopping them in front of a TV clearly should've used a condom, because they clearly didn't fuck to have kids.
Plus, if I needed something to babysit my kid, I'd use an actual babysitter who's good at her job.

This is a positive outlook
I'd like to add to it however, but they can't take them from us

Being right feels good.

Attached: torch_2019-08-08_22-17-18.png (584x256, 39K)

>Academy snubbed Disappearance for a nomination
It wasn’t even submitted.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_submissions_to_the_Academy_Award_for_Best_Animated_Feature

I genuinely don't know who the fuck saw this. Everyone showed no interest in it and the people who did said it looked/was mediocre.

Is it being entirely carried by third-world shitholes with no standards?

You just imagined this entire fucking decade pal

fuck it at this point I've given up

Attached: 1565287715337.jpg (208x250, 5K)