Gravity Falls: Deep lore story about kids going on adventure with old person

Gravity Falls: Deep lore story about kids going on adventure with old person
Amphibia: Deep lore story about kids going on adventure with old person
Ducktales: Deep lore story about kids going on adventure with old person
Owl House: Deep lore story about kid going on adventure with old person

Hey guys, do you think Disney is trying to recreate Gravity Falls or something?

Attached: 3243253543.png (810x552, 1.06M)

>human sized hamster ball
>deep lore
Yup, totally.

In many cases the last three were directly made to mimic Gravity Falls as it was ending. They have way more in comment then what you said too, it's very intentional
Not every show Disney has is like this, but the ones that aren't get shafted mostly

It's clear the big staple shows they're pushing are trying to be the next Gravity Falls in a lot of ways, while shows like Future-Worm!, Billy Dilly, and Milo Murphy are being treated as the red-headed step son.

At least they tried with Big City Greens. They did promote and air that quite a bit, even if it failed to attract an audience. I feel like that failure is only going to push Disney to push even more of their future shows to be like Gravity Falls, similar to how Nickelodeon has been looking for "the next Spongebob" for 20 years.

>muh gravity falls ripoff
Kill yourself. Kid gets sent to another world and has adventures cartoons are older than you are, not that you present a high bar

>BCG
>Failure

>Last episodes of S1 beat some Disney Channel sitcoms in ratings

>Gets a panel a DCA

>Gets a panel at D23 Expo while DuckTales & Big Hero 6 get some shitty meet & greet

Aren't Amphibia and Owl House just isekai except without the cringy male self insert protag.

Yes, OP is just a retard
Remember what goes in the options field when dealing with retards

except Ducktales is a beloved long-running franchise and all the others are brand new and feel like plastic

Regardless of your opinion of GF, it’s p crazy how influential it was

Modern Ducktales is absolutely rewritten to be much closer to Gravity Falls with the kids acting like the Pines twins than like old Ducktales.

Uh Scrooge is not a person, he’s a duck you utter pleb

Owl House is literally by Alex's girlfriend and has a Stan Mystery Shack ripoff
Amphibia is a slightly more goofy Gravity Falls

I miss pickle & peanut

The fact that almost every single animated show nowadays tends to be "muh lore and story driven plots" makes me wonder if episodic, cartoony shows like SpongeBob are on their way out. That's the kind of show I want to make someday, but I feel like I'd have to throw in story arcs and lore to satiate audiences and keep my show popular enough to not get canceled.

Attached: Mickey encounters an enemy.gif (320x240, 1.37M)

>both shows star a brown girl in a magic fantasy world with an animal sidekick
hmmm

Yeah I agree with this. I get why people are into lore and overarching story arcs and I’m not against them but I’m wondering if there’s still a place for more episodic stories.
I really I’ve those newer Mickey Mouse shorts but they seem to be the exception

I'm also angry at Carl Barks and Don Rosa copying Alex Hirsch.

same, the Mickey shorts are fantastic and what I want to do is something like that, but in the classic 11 minute format. probably less chaotic and more grounded, like SpongeBob, but still just a fun wacky cartoon world full of cartoon animals

Episodic shows still do very well, you just won't see discussion on those shows on Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, Yea Forums, or whatever website. Teen Titans Go and Loud House are a hit with kids. We Bare Bears is very popular in Asia. NuPPG does extremely well overseas. Pre-school shows have amazing on-demand and YouTube view numbers. Shows like Daniel Tiger are a hit, but you wouldn't know it because you don't engage with the type of crowd (5-year olds) that are fans of it. Every single kid I babysit and in my niece's class knows what Paw Patrol is. Only time Yea Forums talks about it is when they want to fuck the wolf.

Basically the point, don't allow online activity to skew your view on what is popular and what isn't.

>NuDucktales is Don and Carl's version of Ducktales
Oh no no no no no no no.

It's a sign of the times. Cartoons used to be more episodic and out-there, because they were the prime form of entertainment that was only available to be accessed on a television channe. It didn't really matter what your show was or how it was styled about so long as it was good. Now, with the internet and streaming services eating up viewership, along with competition from video games and easier access to anime, cartoons nowadays have to have a hook that keeps people invested and interested in a show so that they want to keep coming back. That was the case before, but now it's less a box to be ticked off on a showrunner/executive's list, and more of a necessary lifeline to survive, as channels don't have the same means of revenue or the binge-watch approach to show viewing as streaming services do.

Episodic cartoons will probably still be around, but they'll either be less prominent than serialized shows as they'll have less of an audience draw for networks, or be aimed at a much younger demographic, which you can already see with stuff like Paw Patrol and (presumably) Kamp Koral.

>It's a sign of the times.
And yet, The Office and Friends are being taken off of Netflix and people are jumping ship. At the end of the day, general viewers would rather have an episodic sitcom from 10 - 20 years ago play in the background for 8 hours than sit down and binge a story-heavy show they'll probably never revisit for 8 hours.

user the duck comics have been about kids on adventure with old person since Carl Barks created those characters and has been heavily lore focused since Don Rosa made his hugely popular interpretation of them (lore that was already sprinkled in by Barks in the first place). You can't make a cartoon based around these characters without following the same formula. GF may have been influential on recent Disney cartoons, but it doesn't even hold a candle to the influence that the Duck comics and the original Ducktales had on the whole adventure genre. Saying that DT2017 is a GF copy is blatantly ignoring that GF would probably not have been a thing without the original DT.

NuDucktales had many elements changed from Ducktales in general to be more similar to Gravity Falls including how the kids act, the type of humor of the show, and even the voice casting decision for all the kids. Why do you think they picked Ducktales of all cartoons to reboot? They could've picked something that also had character recognition and was popular like Goof Troop or Chip and Dale. But they picked the cartoon that was already similar in premise to Gravity Falls and restructured a lot of the tone to be similar to it.

>muh deep lore

It always just equates to
>dude these characters? They used to know each other bro!
>dude this one super duper bad guy was like, behind it all and stuff!

every time. stop falling for this lazy shit.