Why is it so good?

Why is it so good?

Attached: d9l73zw-f58b3964-555c-44ad-bd9e-abd01257e43d.png (969x734, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=REa3qKw8Xps
youtube.com/watch?v=rKfg3jTe0SU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatever_Happened_to..._Robot_Jones?#Production
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It didn't last long enough to turn to shit.

Attached: tumblr_mugmnhnjCC1s82c3do1_1280.gif (534x347, 603K)

Honestly I thought it was just ok; which makes it the third worst Cartoon Cartoon, in front of Sheep & The Big City and Mike Lu & Ogg.
The designs and ideas behind the show are really REALLY good, and while the execution is interesting (Family Vacation, Safety Patrol, and nearly all of Season 1) it usually falls flat on it's face (Summer Camp (Feels like a tired "robot jones is childish robot and will never score" episode), Rules of Dating (ditto but even moreso), Math Challenge (Jones realizes Mr. McMcMc will always hate him if [Jones] continues to best him out of nowhere), and Garage Band (feels like a by-the-numbers "x makes a band" episode) are examples of particularly bad episodes)

What about the Boys vs Girls ep?

You answered it yourself; outside of the ending bit (which feels less like a "gender is stupid" message and more like the standard "robots are superior" remark Jones usually makes) bit it feels very standard for a Boys vs Girls episode with a genderless being thrown in the middle of it.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-08-14h49m44s921.png (640x480, 350K)

It's always the good ones that die the fastest.

When did CN stop airing reruns of this?

Standalone show? 2004
Reruns on the Cartoon Cartoon Show and other compilation blocks? 2008

The episode where Robot takes a job with the robot repo department is as close as it got to the whole “what if the 80s had robots?” aspect of the show. Wish they could’ve expanded on stuff like that instead of sticking with the basic school episodes.

Lit: the original robot voice
Shit: redubbing it with a human

I would have loved one more season for them to get their footing a bit more.

Loved that episode.

WHY'D YOU CHANGE THE VOICE

>season 1 gets six episodes
>renewed for second season
>6 episodes, aired at 11pm
I mean what the hell?

It was better with the microsoft sam voice.
Can't believe they not only changed it after only 4 episodes, but then redubbed the original 4.

Attached: 1286846374692.jpg (292x302, 17K)

Why don't fans edit the voice into the later episodes?

Lots to change with sfx and music too. Plus the original voice is from a more obscure program.

Anyone else think the robot is kind of hot? Particularly with the old voice

Attached: jones.png (741x547, 294K)

Only ever got to see one ep which was a shame since it seemed like a real fun show

>Bueno.jones

THE NUDIST AND MR PENDLETON, GONNA BEAT IT DOWN THE ROAD

This and Time Squad honestly deserve to be released on iTunes, especially since they put Evil Con Carne on here last year.

Didn't the creator say that if Robot Jones had a proper ending that he would be been the true villain of the show?

Is there a name for the type of doodly animation used in Robot Jones and Schoolhouse Rock? Where did it come from?

I actually managed to emulate Mac Word, complete with Jonesy.; thanks to the folks over at Emaculation

Robot Jones (and most of Greg Miller's art) is styled directly after Schoolhouse Rock.
(facebook link)/OperationRobotJones/posts/555286887825999/

Attached: nasao'finnegan.jpg (600x457, 27K)

Now co will hate it after remembering they had a Gender episode

Attached: 1543976721817.gif (499x374, 1.11M)

Why does it feel as if it was animated in the early 80's?

youtube.com/watch?v=rKfg3jTe0SU
It's still done on cel animation without animatics.

forgot pic

Attached: adolp.jpg (1280x930, 179K)

This song is actually great.

Here's boards from the lost "Talk Show" episode

Attached: storyjones.png (1448x514, 1.29M)

kino

I swear Jones had an actual robot synth voice like a text to speech program but when I went back to watch it again he had a voice actor giving him a more childlike robot-y voice. Not even some pilot difference, I'm talking all the episodes.

Robots don't have genders, aren't human, and are not even living creatures. A robot designed to try and function -like- a human would eventually run into issues with trying to assimilate these kind of concepts into itself because it can never actually have such a quality.

Robots are superior, but Jones operated on a male default setting. I mean, we see him pine over Shannon for a large chunk of the series.

Attached: robotjonespissed.gif (500x375, 1.72M)

Robots are cool

>Wacky wacky waffle

I do prefer the original Macintalk voice. Sucks that CN executives at the time didn't like it.

Attached: MacG3.jpg (3504x2336, 599K)

Wasn't his original voice made using a DECtalk synthesizer?

Nope
The creators straight up said is was "Microsoft Word 98 text-to-speech function"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatever_Happened_to..._Robot_Jones?#Production

A good gender episode. Thanks Jones.

Seen a lot of female artists on dumblr who have an artstyle very seemingly inspired by this show. You know they were horny for this robot.