Marvel's house style was better for their comics than the modern 'anything goes' bullshit...

Marvel's house style was better for their comics than the modern 'anything goes' bullshit. It meant it had a consistent look across books, characters were kept on model, and there was no way for hacks like Land/whoever else to get their foot in the door.

The 90s opening up for over stylization fucked over the pleasing aesthetic Marvel had going for it.

Attached: RCO002_1469363391.jpg (1008x1600, 597K)

Can't disagree.

They had alternate styles in the 80s.
Bill Sienkiewicz on New Mjtants, for example.

THIS I guess people like you and me were just born in the wrong generation. Sigh.

even with his stylistic choices it still hewed closer to the house style than the 90s stuff. likewise Brent Anderson on 'God Loves, Man Kills'

Actually kind of agree. And its contrast with DC's lack of a house style works for both too.

Just can't agree, I like the variety of looks even if it means some aren't good

He meant good alternate styles.

To be fair God Loves; Man Kills wasn't canon until the late 90s/early 2000s. Non-canon/OGNs can have a different style.

Inking is a lost art too. Now the colorist does the inkers job, and often poorly.

A byproduct of "digital is just as good as physical inking."

And then they just shed inking altogether.

DC's was Curt Swan... well on the Superma books at least

They had alternate styles since Kirby especially the second stint in the 70s where him and Royer's art look like some underground comix artist

nonsense, it was as canon as the New Mutants ogn.

It wasn't referenced until the late 90s/early 2000s.

You are wrong user, he wasn't close at all. And to be honest at late 70th/early 80th books were pretty unique aside from coloring.

Attached: nmutants.png (1079x1684, 3.68M)

I know this isn't what you're asking but yes I do ship Doom and Ororo because of this issue.

more like Doombot and Ororo

Marvel only has maybe three working artists that aren't Tumblr tier or tracers. Anyone who has actual talent either has to get hired by a friend or is such a legacy (like Bagley) that Joey Q can't fire him. They just hope he quits for DC before it closes, so they can hire more trans activists who can't fucking draw.

His earlier work on stuff like Moon Knight was a lot more reined-in.

>could this be her doing?
NO FUCKING SHIT VICTOR

They should make the not good ones do a house style.

It wasn't contradicted, either.