Should DC take some of their newer heroes and put them on a team since their respective books have ended...

Should DC take some of their newer heroes and put them on a team since their respective books have ended? Because Silencer, Damage, Sideways, and Brimstone making up a team sounds like a good dynamic. What would you call them? What would your reason be to bring them all together? Or do you feel some or all of them are better left forgotten?

Attached: New DC Comics.jpg (3580x1368, 1.71M)

Sure. Not like it would hurt anything.
I can see Sideways joking the Teen Titans or Titans.

Sideways will definitely be used soon. I expect the others to be in other books but not all together.

Isn’t Brimstone just discount Robbie Reyes?

Holy macaroni I remember DC attempt at creativity. Those 4 characters were neat.
Brimstone context was. Kinda confusing. Damage was fun,but had 0 to add to its hulk formula. Silencer was good but weakened the more it tied to the Diverse, while its art started bad and became just decent.
I wouldn't do a 4 character book, maybe 2 team up

Not really? I mean sure there's the Ghost Rider trope of "make a deal with a demon, get powers" thing but that's about it. The book kind of reminded you of that show Supernatural, because its two siblings having a road trip across America while fighting spooky shit. Oh and apparently Kent jobs to Brimstone

Attached: Brimstone Burns Doctor Fate.jpg (708x1091, 173K)

Yes. Call them the New Age Heroes as a nod to the line. Put Batman or Harley Quinn on the team so normies actually buy the book and keep the sales up.

There was also the Unexpected and Immortal men, but I don't think a single human being gave a shit about either of them

>Batman or Harley Quinn on the team so normies actually buy the book and keep the sales up.
I hate this fucking meme and marketing gimmick. Fuck that, I'm so fucking tired of Batman calling the shots on EVERY goddamn hero. You want that? Go read Outsiders. Here's a better idea; have Superman babysit them.
I don't. Let them fade into obscurity

Attached: Superman poster.jpg (1107x1680, 170K)

Honestly Deathstroke Defiance would've made more sense with this line up of new heroes. There was no reason for Kid Flash and power Girl to follow Slade into the breach and it ended up meaning fuck all.

>Damage as the nuke
>Silencer as the equally competent peer to Deathsroke and foil to his wife, who wants to remain Slade's handler while Silencer is mostly in it to eventually leave
>Sideways as the impressionable youth instead of Kid Flash and co who should know better. Have him play off Terra, Jericho and Ravager since they're all in the same group
>Damage as the nuke, his quest for revenge against the government aligning temporarily with the goals of Defiance
>Honestly didn't read any of Brimstone so idk what his deal would be

Attached: Deathstroke_Vol_4_21_Textless.jpg (1054x1600, 479K)

And the ending of that book was a total supernatural move.

New on-goings:
Silencer of the Bat
Batman: Damage Control
Batman: One Step Sideways
Batman: Age of Brimstone

Better idea
>Silencer on Deathstroke
>Damage on Suicide Squad
>Sideways on The Flash
>Brimstone on JLD

i miss sideways

What would Sideways add to the Flash?

>Hulk, spiderman, Ghost rider and Black Widow

Sounds cool OP.

So is JSA Damage just gone forever because of this faux Hulk? What a fucking shame. I expected his Black Lantern death to be retconned, but I guess he's permanently dead.

Attached: 4890a29d52079b493cdcd202177d085b.jpg (388x550, 23K)

I put this up there with the good books we got with DCYou: People whine and moan about not wanting more Batman but when we get cool stuff that's not Batman they won't buy it

They all kind of are discount Marvel heroes, i never read silencer, but Damage is a Hulk analogue, Sideways is spider-man and the Terrifics is the fantastic four

silencer and sideways were cool. i could see Silencer returning in a batbook/deathstroke/suicide squad
sideways could end up on Titans. I liked his comics but his costume design wasn't all that interesting (which is about 70% of a comic book characters appeal too b honest)

When is Kong Super-Man returning? JLC should show up in something....SOON

>The Silencer of the Bat who Strokes Death
>Dark Knight: Damnage of the Suicide Squad
>The Flash of the Bat who looks Sideways
>BatFire and Brimstone: Death of the JLD

Weird science and otherworldly dimensional shit. Sideways can teleport anywhere to any reality in the multiverse, dark multiverse included. Fits at home with the weird shit Flash does.

Flash has shit writers right now, and he has plenty of kid mentors he doesn't need one more.

You mean just NuWally, who was quietly shipped off to Titans and seldom used? But you're right, Flash has been in a shit holding pattern for a good while now. Not saying I want Flash to mentor Derek, merely pointing out that their powers and concepts would mesh well together

I think sideways and damage should join the terrifics, it would work as a reference to FF history and add another layer of charm to the team. Especially considering the endearing line up they already have, I never thought I'd see offspring again. While they're at it, Id love to see woozy winks come back some how too.
Alternatively however, instead of a team, you could just push them into an anthology title that includes them all. Specifically Sideways and Damage though, they really have that 70's Spiderman and Hulk dynamic going for them. Im not really interested in the rest of them though. But I wouldnt mind having them join in on that title since im sure someone likes them.

Dark Knight: The Terror of the Terrifics
The Sideways Damage of the Bat.

Reboot Sideways and do it right this time
>no dead mom
>more twins
>more dominus
>more killspeed

Attached: Doublemint commerical.jpg (1332x1186, 1.15M)

A version of mom is still alive and an obvious plot point.

>The Bat who Stares Sideways.

Since it's somewhat related, was I the only one hoping they'd morph the new iteration of the challengers into a silver age x-men pastiche? I believe the allure of the original team is something that just cant be replicated nowadays or receive the same manner of fame it did back then. I also think it would have properly footed them alongside the rest of the DCU if they took on the role of the classic Xmen. I still dont know what they were going for with this title.

Attached: New-Challengers-1-gatefold-cover.jpg (1200x1815, 517K)

Plot point to WHAT!?! We're never gonna get a continuation of Sideways so what is good if there's an alternative Stepmom?

>TDK: Challengers of the Bat.

Cmon man, the world is a sad enough place without being reminded of incessant bat faggotry

Only hope for him and any of the mid 00's JSA is if Johns writes them when they're back

Say what you will about him, but JSA is one of his best sagas

>reboot thing that's not even 1 year old

Attached: brainlet.jpg (448x486, 19K)

>We're never gonna get a continuation
Fucking Dan Didio wrote it. He'll be back

If he couldn't save it in the first place then what makes you think he can resurrect it?

Normies don’t buy comics user. Get a grip.

Because Dan does whatever the fuck he wants already

I needs an animated adaptation that filters all the good parts while ignoring all the uneeded shit.

It needs to be done, Sideways is at a dead end if it doesn't.

Attached: 5y5ud5x5v6131.jpg (398x578, 42K)

That's exactly what it needs. Build a new story from the ground up, play up being coy about Sideways being a spider-man ripoff.

Attached: Sideways Hero costume_58f8cc8d5b04e9.01117107.jpg (800x1000, 1.36M)

>Dead end
HES GOT THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE AND BEYOND AT HIS DISPOSAL! Boo fucking hoo, he has a dead mom. Join the club. He doesn't need a goddamn reboot, he's fine

>Joker V Bat: A Harlequin DoubleTap
Follow-up:
>The Bat who Taps Last.

>HES GOT THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE AND BEYOND AT HIS DISPOSAL!
He's got nothing! We're never gonna see him again! His story is done.

No it's fairly easy to bring him back, and he was written by head editor who wants to see him return

The terrifics should get incapacitated and replaced for a few arcs by damage, sideways, brimstone, and whoever is the current wolverine analogue these days

>The Bat who Taps Sideways; A New Harlequin Tapping.

>TDK Infinity: Damage of the Sideways Brimstone

>No it's fairly easy to bring him back
But there's nowhere for him to go. All the interesting things showed in the sideways preview has been played out.

Attached: Sideways Leto Dominus_58f8ccfde8f5a2.61690146.jpg (800x1000, 1.29M)

Why do you lie?

>The Bat who Taps Sideways, Vol II: Dominus Erectus (DoubleTap Series)

Why you running from the truth.

Sideways should join Young Justice. Have Silencer show up in Deathstroke or Suicide Squad stories. Maybe show up in Detective Comics or Batman. Brimstone should join the JLD or show up in a Wonder Woman book. Damage is probably gonna be a part of Justice League Odyssey if they don’t cancel it. The Unexpected and the new Challengers could be in The Terrifics or some other lesser known book. Electric Warriors need to show up in a Superman book, maybe time travel shenanigans.

Didn't save him from being killed by Tom King in Heroes in Crisis.

>the Ghost Rider trope of "make a deal with a demon, get powers"
don't talk about it like ghost rider started it

He wasn't killed in HiC.

was damage good?

Man, Grant's original solo book is one of my faves.

I would just redesign his suit because, man, is boring.

Only the parts with Colonel Jonas.

Attached: RCO016 (2).jpg (1041x1600, 395K)