Cartoon Power Ups

ITT: we post items that grant characters special powers or abilities.
Hard mode: No Cape stuff.

I'll start with Gummi Berry Juice:

Pros: drank by Gummi Bear makes him/her bouncy. Drank by human grants him/her superstrenght.

Con: effect lasts only couple of minutes, humans can use it only once a day.

Attached: juice.jpg (224x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xiaolinpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Shen_Gong_Wu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: asterix.jpg (1016x1003, 127K)

fpbp

Too me awhile to realise why Obelix looks the way he looks.

Attached: Getafix.jpg (153x174, 25K)

Omnitrix - transforming device, attached to user's arm

pros: can turn the user into various alien forms from across the galaxy
cons: inexperienced user can't choose what he transforms into, also it cannot be removed from arm, unless certain circumstances

Attached: Ominitrix-ben10.png (354x288, 100K)

Dunderhonung

Pros: Makes you super strong

Cons: Most of those who eat the special honey suffer three days of horrible pain (they still get the strength iirc)

Attached: bamse.jpg (568x416, 66K)

What if Asterix' magic potion IS gummi berry juice and the only reason we don't know is because the gummi bears are hidden in their setting

Attached: Jeff.png (275x383, 137K)

Interesting thought, but they're different colors, and since both follow very specific formulas, that seems unlikely.

Never heard of this one

He-Man beats Superman on multiple occasions in straight fights.

Attached: STK690465.jpg (2916x1500, 902K)

Those weird MacGuffins in Transformers G1 that got referenced in Beast Machines

Popeye and spinach.

pros: makes you strong
cons: it comes from a can

Attached: 1547653156936.png (450x450, 265K)

nice trips.

...now i ran out of items.

The mask (cartoon/movie version)

Pros: grants you reality warping powers.
Cons: makes you somewhat insane.

Attached: the-mask-crop.jpg (300x225, 63K)

Scooby Snacks:

Pros: so good Scooby and Shaggy will overcome their cowardly natures for them

Cons: You're eating dog food

Magic Boomerang

Pros and Cons: reverses the personality of a person while they''re in contact with it.

Attached: ed ed eddy boomerang.png (638x344, 331K)

Not gonna list all of them, but they're worth mentioning.
xiaolinpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Shen_Gong_Wu

Attached: Shen_Gong_Wu.png (718x649, 1.11M)

Acme potion of fusion.

Pros: can fuse ordinary or magic objects with living creatures.

Cons: can cause monstrous results if diluted in water.

Attached: quest for camalot potion.png (1272x676, 801K)

>red potions

Oh please god no.

Attached: Coco upset.png (721x981, 506K)

goofy gains superpowers whenever he eats peanuts. who came up with this shit?
cons: is still a dumb clumsy fuck

Attached: th.jpg (474x493, 33K)

Size crystals from gravity falls

>>red potions
???

I loved how these varied from near-useless to broke as fuck(like the ones for time travel and teleportation)

One just "fixes mistakes".

Yin Yang one was also ridiculous

Chaos Emeralds

Didn't it just take you to yin yang word? Not very useful, yin yang world sucked.

Fucking casual. The honey works for Bamse, Surre and Gluff Gluff without consequence, while Bamse's eldest daughter Nalle Maja gains the strength but gets a stomach ache. His youngest daughter Brumma gets neither strength nor pain.

Everyone else in the world gets 3 days of stomach ache.

If I remember correctly they're not normal peanuts. I believe Gyro Gearloose accidentally spilled some miracle gasoline in the soil where Goofy was growing his peanuts and that's what imbued them with their powers.

Fun fact: ANYONE can eat them and gain the same powerset.

What if I'm already insane?

>Cons: Grow only works on Girls, Shrink only works on Boys
>Pros: Grow only works on Girls, Shrink only works on Boys.

It functionally acted the same as the Golden Tiger claws, but if you didn’t use both at the same time, you would affectively invert your moral alignment every time you come and go from the Ying Yang world

Gaulish Magic Potion
Pros: Grants the user superhuman strength and speed for an unspecified amount of time. Consuming a large amount of potion at a young age can permanently imbue the drinker with the potions effects.

Cons: Does not actually grant superhuman toughness, so a superior skilled opponent can still defeat you (see: the German judo expert handing Obelix his ass, Asterix telling Obelix he can't fight the elite Roman legions of Rome because they are too skilled). If you drink more potion too soon after drinking some, you will be turned to stone; if you had the effects permanently applied, you can never drink it again, except in a very small dose.

Somewhat inaccurate.

The Mask (Cartoon Version)
Pros: Grants you Nigh Invulnerability and Reality Warping (Imagination based) powers whilst worn.

Cons: In "Masked mode", you are dominated by your repressed impulses and buried desires. This can lead you to act unpredictably, or even become a villain despite your best intentions (see: Chet and Dr. Neumann, whose Mask'sonas are both murderous psychos). If you have no repressed desires or other personal restrictions, the Mask will have no source of power and cannot work on you (see: Ipkiss becoming unable to turn into the Mask when he starts acting with the Mask's confidence and sass in real life, Walter being unable to use the Mask because he has no personality).

I used to love this stuff as a kid. I think I still have a can around, somewhere.

without the other yoyo it just turned you evil or good, depending on what you were when you entered the YingYang world

with both it worked like a more roundabout Golden Tiger Claws. Once you are in the Yin Yang world you can teleport anywhere in the real world from there with the Yoyo's. plus you essentially get a pocket dimension no one else has access to if you have both.

So it would turn me into a rapist?

in the case of the joker, not much had changed. it just killed his inhibitions, those being that he was doing shit even if it wasn't funny

Were there any other gauls that had the potion when young?

I feel like the only reason you wouldn't is because of health risks to infants. You could make the argument about costs (buff warparty for a whole battle vs 1 person forever) but Obelix is just too effective not to replicate.

>Asterix telling Obelix

Show, Don't tell.

Obelix turning into granite is more canon than saying some words.

Talismans: All have distinct abilities.
Rooster: Telekinesis
Ox: Super Strength
Snake: Invisibility
Rabbit: Super Speed
Sheep: Astral Projection
Dragon: Combustion
Rat: Animation
Horse: Regeneration
Monkey: Shapeshifting
Dog: Immortality
Pig: Heat vision
Tiger: Spiritual balance
If the effects of all twelve talismans are absorbed, each power will be activated with a different body part: one for each finger, plus eyes and mouth for pig and dragon.

Note: the twelve talismans, when brought together, allow the demon Shendu to assume his ultimate form.

Attached: talismans.jpg (628x472, 71K)

Laser chips