MYSTERIO

Finally saw Far From Home yesterday. I was worried they’d fuck up Mysterio by either making him actually heroic or giving him real powers, but they executed it perfectly. I especially like how he was a real classic sonofabitch not some faggy tragic misunderstood anti hero like some villains are portrayed as. There’s no way he’s dead for real right? Such a great performance by Jake and amazing potential for more illusion battles, he HAS to be part of some sinister six.

Also, the post credit scenes were fucking crazy

Thoughts on this film?

Attached: 269EC39C-69D3-4215-85FB-3C8C5850D72B.jpg (667x667, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGSIzFEFK6Y
youtu.be/tgL7K0EwWW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best Spider-Man movie since 2

I liked that it was a team working together with one huge ego standing out above the rest.
Not that I dislikes your usual 4D chess players who know everything and can make literally anything the plot requires them to, but this was somewhat a fresh concept. Completely bonkers while remaining a somewhat realistic approach. The "costume is not ready yet" bits cracked me up.

best villain in the mcu
no way he’s dead, I’m sure the next film will have a Reichenbach Fall style scene where it shows how he faked his own death to trick Spider-Man
I would love if he leads the sinister six because of his brilliant showmanship

He's alive. it's not certain that they use he again, but just in case they have shot a underhand scene with him at the airport secretly next to Peter. A scene, eventually that they can re-use as flashbacks if Sony ever decides to bring him back.

Mysterio pretending to be a hero was hilarious
>THIS IS FOR MY FAMILY

Don't know if this is real or not.

Attached: D_UJ0PcWwAE4DV1.jpg (1125x1123, 141K)

Does he end up wearing the dome helmet at any point in the movie?

What’s your source on that airport scene?

Yep, was a great movie. Sometimes I have trouble figuring out what they actually are trying to do wirh Spider-Man in this new series, but FFH was great

A few times

Yeah, that was great, because it allowed them to make him feel credible as a character while keeping the same level of mindfuckery we’re used to in the comics. The idea that there’s a movie-crew-like team behind the staged sequences made a lot of sense for this character.

I don't think we'll get a Sinister Six movie, Sony is hoarding all the characters, they won't allow them to use any of the villains that appeared in previous movies, as well as ones they plan to use in their crazy solo movies (Kraven was outright denied). They'll probably end the deal after the third solo Spider-Man MCU movie, Amy said that even that one isn't 100% certain.

Attached: dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg (800x450, 72K)

Yeah literally any time he is fighting, very frequently. The suit and dome got tons and tons of play, and the major plotline for the actual fights are to show and figure out its functions

It seemed realistic to how actual teams worked which is a huge change for the MCU

He wears it in every action scene that he is in, of which there are a fair few - one of which involves him using loads of illusions to the point that it resembles the kind of worlds Scarecrow would trap Batman in. The illusion fight scene felt straight out of a video game

Attached: 0C8FCBA6-EC89-46A2-9FEF-1E44C3E9EC81.gif (498x498, 2.73M)

I'm finding it deeply disturbing that the actor portraying J. Jonah being Simmons doesn't illicit theories that he is multiversal in some way.

Because his origin story is completely grounded and explained

I like how the movie was dripping with meta content and hidddn notes to the audience (especially 'wait until you see whats coming next'! at the end), and featured a villain who is a 3DCG mocap technician who screams at the camera dumb shit about Marvel

There was a great Cabin In The Woods element to the Mysterio Team, particularly the script writer and the woman ironing his cape had me laughing

it is, but it's not a thing shown in the movie, they did it just to have an open door.

>. I especially like how he was a real classic sonofabitch not some faggy tragic misunderstood anti hero like some villains are portrayed as
I did feel sorta bad for him and his friends,Tony Stark was a bit of a cunt and was a horrible boss

I liked the second half of the movie when it stopped being a teenage romance comedy and started being a fucking super hero movie. I liked the mid credits scene and that will probably be all I remember about the movie in a year or two but I would have preferred they left the SWORD reveal out of it.

>give me a line
>UM, UH, IT’S DRAWING POWER FROM THE EARTH’S CORE

In a movie where the trailer premise focuses on a multimeter in the year a spider man came out about a multimeter where the highest grossing movie, Avengers, where they travel to and create alternate timelines, J.J. Being the same actor doesn't throw up conversation about a Council Of Jamesons and your explanation starts with "Reason"? Go back to the drawing board on that one.

Even in Mysterio's own biased telling of his origin story to his coworkers, he says was fired for being unstable. Tony is a flippant retard in the movies so I appreicate they address that time and time again, but Quentin clearly had some sort of mental episode or longstanding problem thatvhe was fired for

>rick and morty reference
They humourously undermined the earth-616 stuff in the movie by making it a cynical 3DCG artist's bullshit cover-up story, and every sane personn realized they chose JJ because he's made for the role and well loved. Scorpion movie next

Shit movie but great Mysterio and based Jake as always.

I love the parody of this shot. Mysterio's like this, but yellow letters caption it.

>"It's illusions. I ain't explaining s _ _ _ !"

Reed Richards and Spider-Man both had interdimensional gatherings before Rican Mordi. J.Jonah Jameson being played by the actor who had a television series where there were more than one of him failing to register to 4chain has been breaking my suspension of disbelief while browsing.

Where's the love? Yea Forums=love

I find your english wanting

But does he want his cape ironed?

youtube.com/watch?v=BGSIzFEFK6Y

Attached: Cyclops_Visor_01_001_Thumbnail_0000.jpg31b73acd-b814-4e26-a394-b733f9a9541eOriginal.jpg (1480x800, 72K)

This is hilarious. I've been seeing this spammed here for probably months now and I couldn't tell it was supposed to be Mysterio at all. I was a huge fan of Spiderman comics when I was a kid but I stopped paying attention to capeshit movies years ago. I legit thought he was some random character from Thor, I had heard there was a girl Thor or some shit a while back. I figured he was some kind go between while they phased out Hemsworth to replace him with girl Thor.

That's how shitty it's gotten, they couldn't even get someone like me to care enough to see which character douchebag actor #39 is playing this go around. Lmao, fucking hell.

Attached: 63a2b7c902b423a47813ddf15a4a606c--homer-simpson-movie-quotes.jpg (236x174, 13K)

Okay buddy lol

Anybody who thinks Mysterio is dead probably thought he was actually a good guy

I saw Far From Home and Mysterio in the movies acts like the one from the comics. They just changed his backstory from failed actor to fired Stark Employee, but kept the theatrics and illusion.

Mysterio alone is the one thing that carried the movie. If anything, they keep ruining Spiderman More by forcing Tony's influence on him and the awkward teen humor/dialogue.

>"Sir do you still want the cape?" (while ironing cape)
>"YES I STILL NEED THE CAPE

I think you're just retarded

I dunno, I mean Marvel Movies have a bad habit of killing off their villains without second thought.

>I was worried they’d fuck up Mysterio by either making him actually heroic or giving him real powers
I still can't believe anyone actually believed this. This is mysterio we're talking about. Y'know, the guy whose ENTIRE SUPERPOWER IS LYING?

Attached: 1552777945897.png (520x588, 276K)

>i didnt know a photo I hadn't looked at from a series I don't follow was a character i remember
Oh no

Seriously though Mysterio didn't run around in the comics without the sphere on. The only reason he'd be running around in a Spiderman film without it on is because seeing the actors face was more important than the source material. The fact that this is the first time I realized who he was supposed to be is telling.

Yeah but it's FUCKING MYSTERIO

user, you didn't see the movie, you don't even know what he does in it. Just take the L

My gf didnt know Italy was in WW2, she doesnt know who fuckin Mysterio is. She thought it was a movie about elementals

Mysterio is way too good for these Marvel Movies.

You're never too sure, user.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTEvMzUwL2kwMi9UYWxvc19DYXB0YWluTWFydmVsLmpwZw== (575x288, 42K)

Bro.. he looks like a Thor supporting character.
They did such a bad job communicating that this was supposed to be Mysterio that someone like me could miss it. Did this movie do good or did it fail?

Mysterio wears the fishbowl helmet when he's battling, but takes it off when he's speaking with Peter as to form a bond with him.

Mysterio uses special effects to style all over Peter.

In this movie Mysterio (with the foggy helmet and green suit) is a hologram projected by drones mocapped by disgruntled graphics artist Jake Gyllenhaal and his effects team, trying to earn superhero worship and be the new face of heroism. Its great.

His illusion projection is what you see as the one wearing the classic Mysterio outfit with the dome and everything. That projections "fights" all his "battles" with the full suit and dome. In reality, he wears a mo-cap suit and his controlling the illusions with a fishbowl helmet. As a neat touch, the mo-cap suit is full of triangles, two of which mimic the eye shoulder pads.

It's fucking mysterio with 4+ bullets in his chest and with AI confirming it's not an illusion.
They stood on his dead body longer than T'Challa's dead dad, and he was for sure dead.

That is real, and takes place very early in the movie when they're leaving for Europe.

Movie did well but if you saw any traielrs youd immediately know it was Mysterious. I guess youre right if you only go by print (maybe) but you didn't watch any trailers because you dropped the series, so dont act like you participated or that the dome isnt in the movie

Funniest part to me is that this Mysterio comes off hammier and more melodramatic at times than other versions where he’s an actual actor

They dowbloaded his brain to an AI who can pilot the hologram. Mysterio will be Quentin's team using him as a Tupac hologram

Maybe he was specifically referring to people on Yea Forums? I recall most of the retards here were complaining about Mysterio being a good guy with actual magic powers.

>Mysterio wears the fishbowl helmet when he's battling, but takes it off when he's speaking with Peter
This never happens in the comics. They prioritized seeing the actors face rather than keeping with the comics like I said then. Sounds like they shit all over the character.

>They did such a bad job communicating that this was supposed to be Mysterio
Maybe if you didn't pay attention to literally any marketing at all

You intentionally didn't see the movie and you don't know what happens in it. Why are you even still trying to pretend you know what you're talking about

Those guys must be pretry dulb then, because most anyone could tell immediately by the first trailer when Mysterio.fights a monster made only of CGI particles and asks Spiderman to leave

Nah, there were tons of people on here completely convinced Mysterio would be a good guy and was from another dimension. The latter was probably due to Spider-Verse being popular.

>the point of Mysterio is that he never takes his helmet off
No.
They msde him a CGI illusionist as an evolution of him being a magician, thats all. He also puts the illusion on Peter by acting like his friend, which uses his face
You're right though this is a love action movie and Jake Gyllenhal is an actor so they included his face. He played a great unstable bombastic illusionist though

You're right, I didn't. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be Mysterio. Damn sloppy work on their part.
I'm getting the feeling your butt is hurt. Is it?

That was really foolish of them

>they fucked up the marketing because it was possible for me to ignore it on purpose
I get your point and pragmatic relationship with advertising, but the movie simply isnt victim of all your qorst guesses just because their advertisement didnt supersede your willful apathy

I was 50/50 on that aspect, but the second they completely glossed over the multiverse theory with a "who cares?" I knew it wasn't actually the case.

If a poster with a dome head Mysterio would have informed you, then sure,it's a missed opprtunity by Disney marketing, but all these guesses about how fucked up the movie must be just arent correct

doubt.jpg

But seriously though, this is why I stopped watching capeshit. I couldn't keep hanging with the sub 80 IQ crown and keep a straight face anymore. You guys can have it, I'll be hanging out trying to convince the 150 crowd I belong there and see how long I can get away with it

I mean you're right, it's really just different power ranger shows for kids. The rest of us watch because its basically the worlds research and development for CGI, which is why the actually made this movie about CGI and spent the whole time picking on the MCU while winking at the audience.

I don't really care to be honest, when I realized capeshit movies were just a vehicle for a bunch of Hollywood douchebags who didn't care about the source material and weren't there when it was happening to rake in money with I bailed.

All I was pointing out was how poorly the idea that this character was supposed to be Mysterious was communicated. When someone like me with a former interest in the subject matter mistakes Mysterio for a Thor extra you fucked the pooch.

Maybe you're just retarded

Stop replying to this retard you fucking idiots he’s baiting the fuck out of all of you

Attached: AA349201-8B4B-42EC-A8E1-152CFCE4B80D.gif (307x230, 340K)

We already HAVE a MCU villain with an AI uploaded to a computer.
That slot has been Filled.

I did actually sort of vaguely wonder why they would put such an effeminate looking man in a Thor type God of something or another getup. I just figured it was some more pro gay diversity shit or something so I never bothered to look into it.

Sloppy job, Hollywood.

Now you're shitting on Jake for no reason

I will say even though this Spiderman and the rest of the MCU is 'new generation' as fuck and wildly reinterprets as much as it possibly can, I'm glad they still manage to give it the MVP treatment. Far From Home really was a cut above the rest of the MCU

So, what is the Yea Forumsnsensus about FFH? Good, meh, bad?

Somewhere between meh+ and good-. Average MCU stuff.

yeah he's really making that stupid face

ftfy

Attached: 02e7c4f30609fe5aa80e.jpg (900x1388, 102K)

you should check out his other work too

Attached: screen_shot_2011-04-14_at_4.09.36_pm.png (610x324, 178K)

I did like that Mysterio ripped on the costume as being stupid and preferred to used the mocap suit to avoid having to wear it.

Attached: 0gqrrd06dpe01.jpg (498x544, 34K)

Kek'd and check'd

This scene with him fighting Spider-man was so fucking awesome
youtu.be/tgL7K0EwWW0

Yeah, but its an illusionist, and a fan favorite. Illusionist simply doesnt die that easily

Mysterio has done this shit in the past and he always comes back.

Attached: 1563254152816.png (559x734, 209K)

While I think 3 gets too much shit, I gotta agree.

I hope he is dead. Jake is actual good actor unlike most of MCU actors and he is much better off without them anyway. But knowing disney they will not let him do anything else now that they have him.

they killed Ultron in the worst fucking way in a bad and stupid movie, that's how Disney works

No you fucking idiot. What he meant was that he though disney was gonna fuck up the whole point of the character and make him hero or have a real powers.

Meh. This was the first MCU movie i had seen since Age of the Ultron.

paranoid delusion

Reminder Quentin isn't his real name. We are never told what his real name is

>Such a great performance by Jake
Yeah, he's pretty good.

He was cool

About what?

>jake gyllenhaal did an mcu movie, now disney won't let him be in any other movie
that's absurd
at most you could say a contractual obligation could mess with the timing of a different project he'd want to do but if that was the case, it'd be because that's what he signed up for

I want to think that he's still alive but Marvel likes to kill everyone

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

good

It was a good movie but revealing Peter's identity killed my interest in the rest of the Spiderman films.