Is Homelander the best dark parody of a superhero?

I mean the dude is messed up in the head, but you get why he's screwed up.

Attached: Homelander_TV_Series.png (532x1125, 711K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2FbB5yZipPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

haha totally what if superheroes were rape haha so cool

There's more to it than that. He clearly resents taking orders from "inferior humans", he's got sexual repression issues galore, he resents being taking orders from anyone, the dude is high on his own power, he hates not having a secret identity and basically being a captive of his own job, etc.

>Yea Forums tourists who have only been introduced to edgy superheroes from a 2019 tv show

embarrassing, i thought you guys saw deadpool

And the scary thing is, this is who Captain America could have ended up like.

Wow buddy, sounds like you emphasise with this character a lot.

Might wanna talk to your shrink about your issues

But this satire cuts deeper than "Deadpool". The other heroes in "Deadpool" are still relatively squeaky-clean.

>emphasise
What are words

Dude, Homelander is probably one of the most dangerous villains I've seen in a superhero franchise. I'm very good at reading individuals. Empathy does not mean "being on his side". I get why he's screwed up. I also get he's dangerous as hell.

>I'm very good at reading individuals
Totally feel ya on that one. Homelander is a cancer of a human being,....but I get it. I don't approve, but I understand what drives him.

>hasn't seen Brightburn
hooo boy

Him telling the girl "I can do whatever the fuck I want" gave away the power trip thing. The breast-pump voyeur scene the perversion. The shot of him staring at the photo of himself struck me as a descent into a psychotic state (happening right after he brought up not having a secret identity). His talk with the Wonder Woman-expy screamed "Creepy Obsessive Stalker".

The dude has a mountain of terrifying issues....and a ton of power at his fingertips.

It's fascinating that despite all the things you mentioned, he's fragile. He is literally two traumas away from going off the deep end and just going scorched earth with these people.

>this is who Captain America could have ended up like
Nah, Steve is pure, raised a shrimp and fought the good fight before becoming a supe

In the show Homelander was raised from birth in a lab
In the comic Homelander is a spliced clone of a Nazi superhero called Stormfront and he himself is cloned as Black Noir who commits most of the violence blamed on Homelander

>Homelander is so cool and edgy guys, hes powerful but dangerous, just like me!

Attached: 1556665348830[1].png (1029x1040, 73K)

It's ironic that this hints that he secretly hates himself and the corporate hypocrisy he's surrounded by. Unfortunately, this doesn't make him retire and seek therapy. He just gets worse.

>His talk with the Wonder Woman-expy screamed "Creepy Obsessive Stalker".

I dunno. His whole 'she loves me, I can do stupid shit, she'll forgive me, I'm gonna make her do stupid shit' thing strikes me more as asshole Chad fratbro stereotype more than a creepy obsessive Incel stalker.

Isn't that quite literally what happens?

>Isn't that quite literally what happens?
I don't think he's there yet. He's tiptoeing that line, but hasn't gone completely off his rocker. Then again this is just my opinion so I could be waaaaaayyyyyyy off.

Attached: ImBLacKSuPErMAn.jpg (650x360, 103K)

>"Cool and edgy"

I would gauge him as either future tyrant megalomaniac (if he gives into hating humanity), nervous breakdown (if his angst cripples him finally), murderous stalker (towards the Wonder Woman Expy), or ending up doing something out of /d/ (if he gives into his other sexual issues).

Nobody likes Homelander because of this train of thought but yeah nice strawman

It was the part about "If you loved anyone else" that set off warning alarms for me. That's a red flag.

I'd say objectively, his sanity is precarious. He needs to come clean about his mountain of psychological problems, which he is clearly not facing.

>Homelander is probably one of the most dangerous villains I've seen in a superhero franchise

Wanna know how I know you don't read comics user?

Attached: 1563243266592.png (559x459, 73K)

Not that user but I'm pretty sure he's referring more in terms of his terrible moral character as opposed to retarded powerlevel nonsense

I worded that wrong. He's the most dangerous superhero I've seen in a superhero franchise.

What's really scary about him is.....his issues are actually plausible for a superhero to have. He's basically out of Amanda's Waller's nightmares, and I don't even like her.

Considering that Black Noir seems to be the only person he can remotely tolerate, I bet anything that he is going to fucking unload on him at some point in season 2.

Unrelated to Homelander specifically, Kripke has enough planned out for at the minimum three seasons (he plans to incorporate Herogasm in the third season). I feel like he's going to address Homelander in a big way considering Stillwell is gone. Or at least this verison of Stillwell. I can see Kripke using this oppurtunity to capitalize on the "vacant lot" of her position and then move in a more comic accurate version. God knows he would put Homelander in his place considering there is no chance of him breastfeeding him.

It's weird because there are many heroes that could wipe the floor with him (basically any psychic worth a damn would shut his ass down), but Homelander as an individual unnerves me. That scene where he proclaims he can do whatever the fuck he wants made my ass crawl up itself for a good couple seconds.

no, that would be Hyperion.

Attached: hyperion.jpg (3840x2951, 3.05M)

Homelander has a bizarre fixation on breast-feeding. But I think I have a theory on that.

It relates to his unnatural birth. He never had a real mom, in his eyes. So motherhood is exotic, and at some point his mind conflated moms with milk. Motherhood is alien to him, different.

So test-tube man ends up with an attraction to breast-feeding mothers.

I'd barely call The Boys a superhero parody, more like an action-comedy series with supes as a theme.

ah wait you didn't read the comic.

I credit it to the actor and casting. He's got the part down perfect. Also his face is just right for the role, particularly with regard to lighting. When the series wants, they can make him scary as all get out.

I'm not gay but I'd top Homelander

In the comic his descent into madness is actually caused by a hidden true antag

I like the series' take on him, that his descent is caused by various resolved psychological issues he has.

It nails the big problem with celeb and politician culture: we demand perfection from them, while paradoxically enabling their bad behaviors. We try to have it both ways.

Irredeemable did it better

Bratpack did it first noob.

If his problems were just limited to angst, I'd tap dat. As it stands, the guy is way too much crazy.

wait is Mother's Milk on the tv series?

oh no homelander was already off the rails before the pics. Couldn't care less about anyone. But it's the plot twist that what puts him in section 8 in a fit of "if the glove fits I might as well wear it" was the antag's shenanigans

Don't stick your dick in crazy user.

Ah ok I get you. If you like this I recommend Irredeemable or Invincible , they have a similar premises but I personally enjoy them more.

Attached: 1563254152816.png (559x734, 209K)

Mother's Milk is in the series. Along with Homelander spying on a woman using breast-pumps on herself.

I thought Homelander was actually fine, if kind of shallow and a bit of a jerk. He was never a mass-murderer until he was gaslighted into it.

But there are hints he could become much worse than he is, if he gave into the problems plaguing him.

What is the purpose of replies like this? It's like you just hate the show and want to ruin it for everybody else except I don't even believe you hate it or you would have said reasons why its bad.
So... you like the show and want to ruin it for everybody else?

To make retards like you reply.

What do you mean? He mass murders all the time. He basically does it to blow off steam but it's okay because they're bad guys and he's the good guy.

>The shot of him staring at the photo of himself struck me as a descent into a psychotic state
He wasn't staring at the photo. It was right in front of Stillwell's office. It's a bait and switch, leading you think he's just a simple narcissist, but he's actually creeping on his boss/mommy figure.

>I would gauge him as either future tyrant megalomaniac (if he gives into hating humanity), nervous breakdown (if his angst cripples him finally), murderous stalker (towards the Wonder Woman Expy), or ending up doing something out of /d/ (if he gives into his other sexual issues).
It's funny, because in the comic literally all those things happen in one issue. I don't know how it's going to play out in the show though.

Am I the only one who thinks he should’ve taken a page from Metroman’s book?
youtu.be/2FbB5yZipPA