Holy shit this show is actually good for kid standards

Holy shit this show is actually good for kid standards
It’s a good prequel to lion king 2
It’s a good sequel to lion king 1
The references and connections to the movie actually make sense
It’s so surprising how good this show is and I don’t even like lion king that much

Attached: A22116FE-729E-455D-8DAB-AC35E9271BD3.png (401x380, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aYlGTqD_-pY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Animations pretty good too. Shame that its ending this season but hopefully the team working on it do more things.

Hakuna Mafuckyou

When do the next set of episodes drop?

"Fuckyouna Matata" would also have worked

It's cool that the artists attempted to match the style of the original. Songs are catchy with Christopher Willis in charge. I was surprised.

Why does he look older? I mean, I assume he's older, but not that much older since he doesn't have a mane?

because in the new season hes aged a little, hence hes older looking... try to keep up with things

They're already out. Watchtlg or something.

I feel like this show really suffered by being under the Disney Junior label. Probably would have had more viewers if it was just a normal Disney Channel toon.

If toys were the only reason Disney Junior took charge, then it's a shame because a more researched animation style oriented towards action may have looked great.

There's elements in it that feel really preschooler-ish like the constant saying of catchphrases and the forced song in every single episode that could have been left out too if they aimed for an older demographic. We can go one episode without hearing "Till the Pride Lands end, Lion Guard defend!", we won't forget that's the motto, I promise.

The catchphrases are cute but they are repeated often. If the Lion Guard acted more like park rangers/conservationists and less like superheroes, maybe there'd be more appearances from the lionesses to defend the Guard when they're out of their league. (Hyena clan, leopards, etc.)

when is this gonna be happening...?

Attached: letsfuck.png (997x556, 478K)

Them being superheroes is appealing in its own way, however. Especially since they pretty much all have magic.

When warthogs fly

Yeah, the magic is interesting. The cave drawings moving on their own is cool.

>kion bottoms

Attached: bueno.jpg (641x534, 78K)

Make way for the new best girl.

Attached: 1564855375731.webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

youtube.com/watch?v=aYlGTqD_-pY
I got bad news for you

His dumb hair makes him look like a self-insert OC desu

dont matter. she still wants that lion cock

Yeah, I always thought it was funny how the official main character looks exactly like all those lion king OCs people have made for years. A little more restrained than some of them though.

Yeah. This time, he's actually yellow.

Something about this animation is really off-putting

Lion Guard and Elena of Avalor... are better than Tangled the Series

He's way better than this shit

Attached: sora.jpg (214x235, 11K)

I liked the HIV allegory.

It's poor-quality Flash. You can see that each part of his body is a separate entity. The weird feeling comes in the frames where one part is moving (like the head) when the pat that is directly connected to it is not (the neck).

Attached: tub.png (680x567, 429K)

>try to keep up with things
>this is an episodic show literally made for toddlers

Honestly it's his fault for giving a shit about this show

Aging Kion up and giving him a Scar was brilliant as now he could actually end up like Scar. Its finally being the show it should have been

So now if Kion doesn't get this medicine by a certain time he will go crazy and kill everyone

Would have been better if the characters' personalities changed to show them maturing. But everybody basically acts the same as they always have, except Kion, who is just angry due to the venom.

Is no one bothered that they retconned scar into a guy who was made evil by a curable poison, was mocked by mufasa instead of treated, and left to go insane because he didn't submit to blackmail?

Attached: lorelei.png (250x189, 68K)

How far realistically will they take the Venom thing though?

They can easily fix that by having Kion go to the tree and they'll tell him that he's fine. Then it'll show that Scar was basically looking for excuses and was evil all along.

Well Scar was already evil before the poison. It just drove him madder. Remember, Scar is telling a story after being poisoned into insanity so he's not exactly a reliable narrator here.

And that Kion is just a dick

Puberty can be rough

So can a lion's tongue

I'll miss these two. They probably won't show up again in the show.

Attached: 1536305871334.webm (1280x720, 1.84M)

I think a family reunion can end this series. We'll see.

true

Pretty much.

Scar was already evil before then, and was actively dissatisfied with his position compared to Mufasa. The poison just drove him utterly insane and gave him an excuse to murder his compatriots.

poor guy, cucked and betrayed by a sexy OC lion. I think we all can relate

>Shame that its ending this season
This confirmed for real? Damn. Was hoping for one post Lion King 2 season

They were wholesome kids who don't have to worry about human things. Their personalities were pretty well adjusted.
Bunga can kind of recall how to handle situations and use his characteristics to his advantage. Fuli is finally allowed to be a second-in-command. Beshte is kind of bland but his social networking allows him to fit in anywhere even with his size. Ono always had a good head on his shoulders and now that a new position in the Guard came about he fits that role perfectly. Anga is more sociable instead of being a loner. And Makini, bless her heart, is trying but she is the weakest link in this season.

that makes me wonder, why nobody gives a fuck about elena?

Do you have a link to all the episodes of Elena in HD like we have a link to all the episodes of Lion Guard?

They're Disney's attempt at answering the Paw Patrol, who are a massive franchise and basically the avengers for little kids.

Is this the new mlp? People keep posting these defensive threads over some crappy preschool cartoon.

is it not supposed that they will bang kion?

nah, amphibia is the new mlp

What's his dick look like?

Holy shit, I need this now. I'm going to Furrybooru.

If you find pictures of Sora and Kion double-teaming Fuli or Jasiri bring them back.

Show's not new, it's just that the final season is airing now so people are talking about it.

Kid me would have loved this

What a wonderful phrase~

She has Thumbs. I would have gone with Jasiri being a member of the guard. I don't care if Paw Patrol is more popular, the writing in the first 2 seasons is better than that trash

What would Jasiri add to the group at this point though? She's got a good handle on the Circle of Life compared to the others in the Outlands so she is better suited to be their arbitrator.

I don't know how you'd make it into an "est" title, but the Outlands arbitrator/ambassador/liaison or whatever being a full member of the Lion Guard would be good for future relations between the Outlands and the Pridelands.

You mean sexual?

But Jasiri needed to stay behind, and Jasiri being a member of the Guard would cause issues with Lion King 2, as she'd be obligated to send help.

But Jasiri being the leader of the outlands with no obligations to Simba means that she can just focus on her own territory.

Why can’t adult you love it?

The Guard sticks together. A leader of a pack would be split between their community, larger community, and their Guard duties.

Not him, but I hate cartoons like this. Songs are the worst.

>They may turn Janja into a good guy
Haven't seen this in a while but I don't like this idea. Last time I left Janja was working for Scar and a lot of his personality is guided on being a "too high on his horse" jerk, making him a "goodie" would scrap some of his personality.
I know is inevitable since it is a show for kids, but I wish they would make him something of an anti-hero or a neutral leader of a pack, who picks sides depending on what benefits more or simply stays out of that bs.

if it's a prequel...does kion die?

No, he's off on his stupid "travel the world to heal the scar" quest during the main events of lion king 2.

only to return and meet kovu

Well, Kovu's scar didn't come with mind altering snake venom. Even a show as dumb as this one can be should be able to point that difference out.

Janja does redeem himself, but only after Scar all but outright states he and his gang are entirely expendable and intended to trap them all in a fire to die, leaving Janja stunned at the realization as the only one who made it out before the flames got too big, and as the only one left to go and get help to save them all.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how useless the skinks were in battle? Through all of season two, they were narcs, constantly spying on people and telling Scar everything. Yet when Scar finally ordered them to fight, they just got smacked aside with no effort. It was the most anticlimactic thing ever and it was fucking hilarious.

>leaving Janja stunned at the realization as the only one who made it out before the flames got too big
They killed Cheezi and Chungu?!

Attached: byeqfgueruh11.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Thankfully no, Satan. But it was a pretty close thing, and they trapped the Guard in it too.

The fact that it was a fire intended to kill both the hyenas and Kion's group might indicate that Scar was still salty over how he died.

LOL what if, as he died, Scar's soul manifested itself into the former flames of Pride Rock and murdered all his hyena attackers.

Chuluun! is! cute!

Attached: 1564855295740.webm (1920x1080, 2.3M)

I wonder how she crossed the desert. I don't think a snow leopard would do very well in that environment. Beshte at least had Anga helping him.

Does it ever explain why Simba's other kids never show up in Lion King 2?

Kion spent pretty much the entirety of 2 trying to find the Tree of Life to keep himself from going utterly insane.