What will the cartoons of the 2020s be like?

What will the cartoons of the 2020s be like?

Attached: CARTOONS.jpg (800x657, 57K)

Cartoons in the 2020s will be single shapes with eyes and beanmouths interacting with each other in the most generic and non-offensive way possible
The backgrounds will all be white to save money and effort

Attached: calartspepe.jpg (736x603, 89K)

Attached: 1564768174349.jpg (3750x2400, 1.75M)

Robots will animate them.

I can't wait for all the failing in debt students and shit animators to come defend modern shit.

Can't wait for the people who've deluded themselves into thinking 90s cartoons were the peak of animation to come here and start circle jerking.

Outlawed.

Modern cartoons don't have circles. Have you ever tried drawing a circle on an etch-a-sketch. It's not easy to do, my friend.

No, the 1940s were the peak of animation. The 90s were a brief aberration in the decline of western civilization and the onset of the peak capitalism.

>90's
40's early 50's.
Now go back to work drawing shit drawings for the Koreans to fix up.

Save for the backgrounds the Fungies is almost exactly what you described.

well, there you go

>90s cartoons were the peak of animation
One decade off user
00s cartoons were the absolute peak of Western animation. The recession destroyed everything.

also for retard OP

I'll tell you now, they will not gett better

I'd just like to say though that 00s cartoons weren't that bad

Stop being retarded you only liked the 90s because you were a child

Were there any good 00s cartoons? Outside of Samurai Jack, Duck Dodgers, and Justice League (which were all very, very early in the decade), I can't think of any.

>Were there any good 00s cartoons?
Is pic related a joke to you?

(BTW JL doesn't qualify, none of the DCAU does.)

Attached: The Greatest Cartoons.png (1920x1920, 3.26M)

Regular Show started in 2009 so you could make a case for it but it had the same vibe as all the cartoons of the 2010s

Of that list I like....Samurai jack and Duck Dodgers. So there you go.

>Regular Show started in 2009
Brainlets OUT
>it had the same vibe as all the cartoons of the 2010s
In other words, it was absolute unwatchable garbage like EVERY 2010s CARTOON except Gravity Falls

Stop being a nerd

How many of them have you actually watched user? I'm guessing it's... exactly two, as a child no less.

>as a child no less

No, I was well into my adult years when all of those shows aired. I was born in the 70s. I don't think I caught Duck Dodgers until much later since I didn't hear about it at the time. I stopped watching Cartoon Network at some point in the early 00s.

Again: if you didn't watch the other shows, how can you judge them?

Just by their animation. The only way I can judge a cartoon as an adult for children is by their production values.

I actually have watched a few episodes of the Turtles show and 'The Batman'. Think I caught a few minutes of Avatar and Teen Titans. All I can say in regards to those is "not my thing".

>implying realism=good
>implying 90s cartoons were realistic
Attempting realism in cartoons was more of an 80s thing.
Also read Understanding Comics to understand the value of simplified/stylized.

The value of simplified/stylized = saves lots of money for large corporations.

Imagine being such a nostalgiafag you think Hey Arnold represented some kind of peak for the medium that can never be topped

Probably the same as the 2010's, which is to say a lot of good that will be ignored to focus on flaws that don't detract from the overall experience but will be made to seem like a dealbreaker by people who don't know any better.

Hey Arnold is late 90s trash for millennial babbys.

Fuck off, retarded autist.

Don't be a child, user.

Attached: McCloude-closer.jpg (407x260, 33K)

But I want to be a child again. Things were better then.

>face 2 = 80s cartoons
>face 3 = 90s cartoons
>face 4 = 00s cartoons
>face 5 = everything after that

Well it's how it is, people don't think it's cute when you say dumb shit anymore.

Imagine being this wrong. Do you think the Simpsons really looks like pic 2? That Dexter's lab looks like pic 3?

Simpsons and Dexter's Lab (the first few seasons) had good animation, though. It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of declining quality.

By 2030, Cartoon Network will just be a single still photograph of a piece of crap. No animation, no movement, no story, no voices, no music. Just an image of the same photo of someone's shit, day in and day out.

At least we have some variety now barring the same basic lesbian protag

KND, A:TLA, Jackie Chan Adventures, Code Lyoko

Still better than what they played in the 2000s

It's not far off from that now t b h

>KND, Jackie Chan Adventures, Code Lyoko
All pretty shit, though still light-years ahead of 2010s "cartoons"

So pretty much the anime decade because women who were kids when the anime boom happened are getting into the industry more and the general anime "feel" has been rubbing off on the industry since SU.

At least they don’t all look like Bean Mouth

It didnt have the same vibe as other 2010s shows. RS deserves more credit.

They still look like shit. Just a different flavor of it

No, shitting requires effort. It'll be a picture of an anus. They won't have the budget for shit.

>All pretty shit
KND is not shit at all and is actually very well-thoughtout and inventive

>KND is not shit at all and is actually very well-thoughtout and inventive
You have to be 18+ to use this site user

Not him, but my biggest memory of Kids Next Door was in 2000 or 2001 when they were first running ads for that show. At the time, Cartoon Network was just about at its peak and almost everything played on the channel was A+ (save for a 'Mike Lou and Og' here and there). Then Kids Next Door comes along looking like this crappy Nickelodeon style show about real kids with a cheap looking art style. I said "uh-oh, there goes the neighborhood". And I was right. Cartoon Network would be 100% trash for stupid babbys within 2 years' time.

I know that it doesn't give the best first impression and I would say the first season is probably what you think it is but if you watch it over time, you'll see that it is truly a well thought out show with lore, fantastic characters and humor for both kids and adults. (Also the best parody of The Animatrix's The Second Rennaisance in existence)

It also has the best CN finale next to EE&E

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

But you commented that on still images. And most 80s cartoons had garbage animation.

Spongebob, Chalkzone, FOP, EEnE, Chowder, The Batman, Foster's Home, Kim Possible, C:KND, Megas XLR

Most of these are shit, though.

>And most 80s cartoons had garbage animation.

Nobody mentioned 80s cartoons, though. Most 80s cartoon look like Hanna-Barbera style filth, same as modern cartoons.

it's like ... we grow out of the demographics of children's cartoons ...

Attached: 1557514820508.png (504x375, 242K)

Oh fuck off, I've been discovering the joys of 2000s cartoons I never even knew existed for years now.
Cartoons have objectively fallen off a quality cliff.

you just remember good stuff. forgetting there's always garbage along.

>objectively

yes, the good ones, the bland ones are forgotten

You fuckers didn't even READ my post did you

You're thinking Big City Greens.

Based. Imagine agreeing with Witchfag