What went right?

What went right?

Attached: 976716AB-84AF-419F-88D1-2215E8412224.jpg (338x500, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uf2cL4D-EZk
youtube.com/watch?v=W7v7avqqzh0
youtu.be/lwDU3IOBEIk
youtube.com/watch?v=7_6KMGB_Pkw
youtube.com/watch?v=9w30eYI8SEQ
youtu.be/WwiefiPH5c8
youtu.be/SzmLYHsAcZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Pbbg0vPXxB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Basically everything. One of the best comic book movie adaptations.

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-05-15-06h58m50s498.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

April a cute. Cute!

Attached: Judith-Hoag-900x400.jpg (900x400, 80K)

look at her all red headed and freckled.

Toptier animatronic costumes and good cinematography to make them more believable even during action scenes.

Where does she have these?

>the soundtrack
>balancing humor with sadness and violence
>excellent theme about fatherhood and family
>positively the best Casey Jones ever
>Judith Hoag
>an actual mystery about shredder’s identity
>Raphael being the best he’s ever been, layered and not just getting pissy for no real reason
>Michelangelo being a goof off to cover up the pain of losing his father
>turning away and changing the topic when Donatello brings up the possibility
>outright cries at the fire
>Donatello just being a complete joke machine that barely takes shit seriously and organically shows you his intelligence by saying quips about the situation instead of building time machines out of trash cans is a welcome change and I wish incarnations did this more
>practical effects that are tangible and real to give the actors something to act off of and you to care about

it literally doesn't matter
nothing about April is race specific
she could be chinese or mexican and it wouldn't change a thing expect i guess manbabies who put stock in that sort of thing piss their pants

there's not a lot saying that april has to be one race, yeah.

that said, her being a redheaded reporter is a really iconic look so I definitely prefer that, personally

Attached: april_o_neil_by_smolb-d8j76f2.jpg (707x1000, 197K)

Main theme

>Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Donatello
>make up the team with one other fellow
>RAPHAEL
>he's the leader of the group, transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop

As a kid, I thought that this was the original TMNT and that the cartoon was based on it.
I chalk it up to there being so many cartoons based on movies at the time.
All the same, this will always be my definitive Turtles. I love how layered Raphael is instead of being a perpetual grouch.
I love how Donatello is a mouthy wrench monkey instead of being able to build dimensional portals and robots out of garbage scraps.
I love how Mikey is the soft hearted good who hides his sadness behind jokes.
Everything about this movie just screams TMNT to me.

>an actual mystery about shredder’s identity

To add to this, their making Shredder a sort of Charles Manson, all-father, borderline cult leader is a really neat and menacing angle to him. And also his skill and prowess in combat. He's got the mind and brawn to be in charge of what he leads and when faced against all the turtles at once, it really shows. As a fighter, he's clearly more experienced and just unquestionable better than them. Were it not for Splinter's intervention, he was actually winning and was straight up going to kill Leonardo.

Attached: shredder_1990.jpg (440x735, 62K)

Yeah I forgot to add that to the original post
Him preying one abandoned teenagers and children is dark as shit and a good mirror to the turtles and their family with splinter.This should be done way more instead of just robots
Plus to add onto your original post was something I found really smart
>Leonardo blinded by rage at splinter being murdered charges Shredder, gets tripped and almost killed
>Shredder, blinded by rage at splinter being alive Chage splinter, get tripped and killed
Just
This movie is so fucking good
as a kid I never caught splinter taking one of michelangelo’s nunchucks
i was a fucking stupid little kid

The only issue I have with the TMNT movie is that it kind of shits on Leo. They gave Raph his part in the beat down and recovery and he doesn't really do much compared to the comics.

At least he's the only one who can kinda take Shredder one on one.

Don't forget his bad-ass entrance! That is the greatest villain entrance ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=uf2cL4D-EZk

You can see at least kind of what they were trying to do with the bond with splinter and the rest of the turtles, especially with raphael, the movie is about family after all
>Go ahead, we don’t NEED ya!
>him being the one splinter reaches out to while he’s being tortured
>him kickstarting the scene at the fire
>his brief denial at the idea of splinter being dead in the final fight and his rage at Shredder
That’s about it as far as im able to identify

yeah but donnie the only one who actually had the better fight sequence with throwing the staff away just to take on shredder with no weapon

>snarky as fuck Donny
I too enjoyed this

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) is the best all-time comic book movie. Not only does it stay very faithful to the original source material, but it actually elevates it and improves on it. How many comic films can say that?

So, Yea Forums? Regular or menthol?

youtube.com/watch?v=W7v7avqqzh0
shame the UK and many other cuts didn't get this scene

I don't think it shits on Leo at all. In fact, I like that despite the fact that he tries to present himself as the most mature of the four, he has his own moments of immaturity ("Go ahead! We don't need ya!") I think he and Raph have the best arc.

Raph being the one put into a coma so that he suffers some kind of consequence for his angry loner storming off behavior makes for a cleaner character arc.

Leo gets to be the one who figures out they can meditate to talk to Splinter's spirit.

can we talk tmnt in general in this thread?

you can talk about anything you want to, but since this is a TMNT movie thread, it will attract oldfags like myself. Talking about the stuff for modern kids will probably generate mean comments.

I have been waiting a long goddamn time for this thread.

>The lighting
>The unapologetic accents
>The way Shredder's eyes are shrouded by his mask until he starts to speak.

>The HELMET
>THE SHOULDER PADS

And the color scheme in his armor.

These...creatures.

His disgust. The fact his face stays so stoic and yet his voice carries the entire role is EXACTLY what you do with a Vader/Helmet archetype villain.

10/10 Made me respect Japan's culture just by wearing twenty can openers.

Attached: xEjEjjs0_2302161706231.jpg (567x800, 481K)

None so far. Although, regardless of the oversaturation. We have been blessed by a golden age of comic book enthusiasm. Some of the Spidermans have absolutely killed it on bringing the web head to life.

The Cap movies maintained his spirit in the best live action adaptation we could expect from a AAA movie star.

Stan Lee is without a doubt the greatest creative tycoon of our era. May he rest in peace. May we someday see his like again.

Now we look to the future. Hoping The Goon kills it at the box office.

Attached: goon-movie.jpg (800x450, 37K)

Things to point out.

>Every group of Foot clan has their own method of entry
>The camera shake when the door is kicked down
>Sacrificing an entire hand made set just for a cool entrance

>The fact Mikey and the Foot clan Ninja actually stop to have a chuck-off makes perfect sense
>The turtles are teens

AND SO ARE THE FOOT

>So OF COURSE they all grand stand and dick wave before a fight it's AMAZING

Attached: aD1O5oZ_700b.jpg (626x468, 43K)

Attached: teenage_mutant_turtles_still_2.jpg (768x433, 69K)

You ever see the mini comics cereal boxes and action figures had in them?

Also. What was your favorite model for the turtles?

Attached: bac98f422a0bc2894fcbe9d06065c574.jpg (1064x1920, 628K)

I haven't seen those. My favorite model? I think I like the artist who drew them in the very early Archie comic stories best. Ken Mitchroney was his name, I believe. I also really like Jim Lawson now, though I didn't when I was young.

>The bruises on their suits
>The re-moulded mouth on Raph
>The blue wash light behind them mixing with the deep browns and city concrete colors

For your posts, friend. Have a custom Pacha

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 9.56.54 AM.png (789x527, 429K)

>Ken Mitchroney

Dang, user. There's so much life in these.

Attached: KenMitchroney2.jpg (617x308, 74K)

Ah yeah, that's the guy. Love his work. So expressive and fun. Lawson's work is the opposite, but I love it in a different sort of way. Its a bit melancholy. And weird.

I wish Dan Duncan had stayed on IDW. He had the best turtle look.

Attached: DanDuncan.jfif.jpg (659x1000, 785K)

mm
Somehow this guy both captured the turtle look AND made their humany teeth absolutely awful.

I love it.

Speaking of awful. I bring you all a cursed image and another question.

What show runner today do you think could do a spectacular Turtle series? Hardmode: The series is Live Action like the movies.

Attached: teenage_mutant_ninja_turtle_anatomy_deconstruction_by_christopher_stoll_dd09b9n-pre.jpg (700x1142, 73K)

Haven't read these, but that does look good

Unironically Jackie Chan.

This movie is probably the best comic adaption ever and is in my eyes the best turtles iteration ever
But it’s sad because I don’t think it’ll be topped
Good thing is we’re getting a new movie, it won’t be as good as this but with luck it’ll at least be a movie, unlike those Micheal bay monstrosities

As in...doing the choreography?
This would be amazing.
Especially for Mikey. Always fighting with a punchline. Always being the underdog or at a disadvantage.

Finally getting the chance to fight with all he has at the very end.

Mollywhoppin the shit out of the bad guys for his brothers.

Niceu, user Chan.

Attached: ninja-turtles-original-movies.jpg (1710x900, 201K)

>But it’s sad because I don’t think it’ll be topped

Not too sad, really. That bar is almost impossibly high. A movie only half as well-made as it would still be fucking awesome.

No, Jackie Chan can direct, too. He directed the police story movies.

>nothing about April is race specific
>Last name is O'Neil
Such a Chinese sounding name.

Everything. Literally everything.

Even better!
His movies have always been a strong blend of slapstick and emotionality. It's a good pick.

For some reason his Drunken Master stuff stands out when I consider this.

youtu.be/lwDU3IOBEIk

Imagine scenes like this between mutants. Specifically Master Splinter overcoming his body pain from old age by using the ancient art of "Hair Of-a Deh dog!"

Attached: 37827_normal.jpg (355x500, 36K)

I always liked the idea that having the most complex weapon, when he got really serious mike could’ve been the best fighter on the team
Well aside from 2012
Holy shit that show shits on Michelangelo, he’s so retarded that at points you wonder why he’s even on the team

Yeah but white guy can bang a chinese broad and give her that name though

Attached: frank-reynolds[1].jpg (1156x771, 131K)

2012 Mikey really played up some kinda hippie angle with him, he was always the one able to empathize with people and calm them down and also commune with ancient monsters and spirits and shit.

Except when Raph could for no reason, but the show shit on Raph constantly too, so while it was jarring for him to get the baby gamera or bond with Mona Lisa for no reason... at least he got to bang a hot salamander and got a new pet turtle instead of getting nothing at all in the later seasons.

2012 just shit on everyone who wasn't Leo.

Yeah and the brothers themselves constantly lashed out at each other throughout the series ti was like they didn’t even like each other
And yeah there was some heavy Leo wank
>in the climactic final battle with the super Shredder, after he’s murdered their sensei and caused so much pain the fight consists of, every turtle but Leonardo being batted away so he could fight Shredder alone
I thought the turtles we’re about family and how you can’t win alone
Unless you’re Leonardo apparntly

A live action series of TMNT would be absolutely required to have Danny Devito in it and if he wasn't then I'm makin' a nuke in my basement.

In Mikey's case he's all talent and lacks discipline.
Which is why I agree. If he trained as hard as Donny or Leo he'd be unstoppable.

Raph no doubt trains the hardest out of all the turtles. He is all spit and vinegar. Talentless most likely and used to be insecure about it. He has made up for that with sheer physical prowess. Garnered from doing back flips constantly by pissing off Splinter.

Donny cares about his machines. That is his art. Training was the vector that taught him the mental strength to focus on technology. Which of course he keeps up for practical and traditional purposes.

Leonardo has the hardest job as the leader. He has to balance everyone else and still maintain his absolute level of skill. He might even WANT to do something else besides be the Alpha Turtle but without him, without somebody in their team who is %100 dedicated to the cause and Splinter's teachings they would fall apart.

He loves his brothers too much to let that happen. He's talent, that works hard. Results speak for themselves.

Would you all prefer Human-eyes Turtles?
Or, if the turtles just HAD to be CGI could you live with the white eyes?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 10.55.39 AM.png (864x577, 908K)

>garnered from doing back flips constantly by pissing off Splinter
Kek

Probably why he gets all his thinking done as he lifts. Or is kicking someone. Splinter's discipline taught him to be reflective while physically engaged.

You will either do it right.
Or be so strong it won't matter.

P.S. While Leo should in fact be able to take on Splinter in a 1 v 1 sword match.

It should be Raph who can defeat him in a fist fight.

Mikey in creative use of the environment.

Donny in outwitting his plan.

That's brotherly love right there.

Attached: daniel-rosini-raphael-final.jpg (1920x2715, 687K)

What do you guys think about the two new ones?

Attached: MV5BNjI1MDY5NTM0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzE5NDY5._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 13K)

eh, enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

I actually enjoyed Bebop and Rockstead in the 2nd one. Brad Garret as Krang is the dumbest thing ever, but hilarious to listen to.

>literally says "I am your father"
>no Star Wars jokes in the comments because everyone's talking about how hype his entrance was

Based.

>Leo and Raph constantly fighting
>it's the reason Raph leaves April's apartment in the first place
>Raph gets beat up by the Foot
>Leo feels responsible for this
>stays by Raph's side while he's recovering
>Raph wakes up and they both don't know how to apologize
>in the roof fight Shredder has Leo pinned
>tells them to throw weapons away
>Raph is the first to do so

These guys are true bros more than they care to admit.

Attached: Remembering sai.jpg (251x348, 63K)

Mikey: Fight?
Donny: Fight.
Mikey: Kitchen?
Donny: Kitchen.
Mikey: Yeeeah.

"Pork rind?"
"Pork rind."

*POORFFRINE*

Ninja Kick the damn rabbit!

Mike and Don silently sneaking off always amuses me

The fact the Foot Clan actually wins a fight, thus reminding us they are in fact a legitimate threat.

I love you all my sons

I hated the more refined look of the suits in TMNT2 specially the eyes, also the cinematography looks more like a teen nick show.

I liked his bit at the start of the second movie with the blow-up toy.

Anyone else think it was genius to make the villains basically us?

Troubled 90s' teenagers.

The turtles spent the entire movie beating the hell out of the target audience.

Makes that scene where Tatsu REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's at the Foot Ninjas more terrifying.

Seriously, we're the bad guys of TMNT, lol.

The newer takes on the Foot Clan lack the social commentary.

Casey Jones. Fun. That kinda thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7_6KMGB_Pkw

It nailed the grittier look without falling into edgy territory.

I was the same. Saw the movie probably around 1995 or 96 and the cartoon was off the air and various re runs at that point, so I thought the movies came first.

Venus should return and be written better. She was not that bad. She's needlessly hated upon like Krystal in Star Fox.

Attached: tmnt_turtle_gals__by_nerd.jpg (1095x730, 126K)

Both of those suck.

Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!

everything. like, no fooling, EVERYTHING

i can't ever think of something i mildly dislike about the movie its that good. and yes, i grew up as a teen in that era, so being a child wasn't a MUH NOSTALGIA thing, assholes.

also, i just watched that shit on laserdisc last night.

Agreed. The only thing I would change about the film is for them to add back in that post-credit scene. It was hilarious.

not only that, but a material that was only ABOUT 5-6 years old. how many new properties get a fucking movie on the big screen like that in an indie field and especially when those movies were strictly VHS straight to the rental shop fair.

I remember when the first Bay-Turtles film came out, there were actually fags trying to convince themselves (and others) that the new one was better and that the special effects were more convincing.

Lol.

good
because that line isn't for making SW refs, its a different tone than a reveal of information like in SW.

in turtles, its more commanding, telling them he is their father, the only one who will care for them, but they have to earn that through becoming the Foot.

god, i've gotten to the point where i can watch the entire movie and talk the lines myself.

fuck what a great movie.

who?
who the hell would think bayturtles was even down from -100% to --99%?

fuck you 2014 assholes!

I could dig up an old thread on the old neogaf website (before SJWs burned it to the ground) that would provide some eye-opening takes.

Fuck your bait

This movie and Transformers (1987) have some of the most quotable lines of dialogue I've ever heard.

Fuck you.

Brings a tear to the eye.

won't happen, we have NU girl turtle sponsored by DEVIANT ART fuck who is part of the books now!

>That one deleted scene where he fights a bunch of guys while sittting down
They should have kept that in the movie, this really was his best incarnation

There's one?

It kinda bothers me that Leo usually isn't shown beating Raph, the same way Cyclops used to beat Wolverine by making him get reckless.

>pic
Perfect Shredder design. No bulky bullshit like 2k3/Bay or overtop stuff like Nick Shredder.

Fuck Campbell and fuck the Technodrome forums

>2012 just shit on everyone who wasn't Leo.
No wonder I liked Nick Leo and Splinter most. Even though I never cared too much about fearless leader.

Yep

youtube.com/watch?v=9w30eYI8SEQ

There was some great stuff with splinter in 2012, but Leo got wanked just a bit too hard, i liked how fucked he got in "finale" though, really makes you wonder if the further mutations will affect his lifespan.

What happened with this guy?

>wanked
Honestly can't remember much about it. I kinda liked his geek side.
>finale
I wished it was a seperate season/mini-series because it all looked so rushed and shitty.

>Venus should return and be written better. She was not that bad.
I mean the major problem is that her entire introductory is like everything everyone hates in a mary sue.

It's hilarious that they thought killing everyone was a good idea, though i wish we found out what happened to some of the mutants since they probably would've been able to survive the blast like the turtles, but having it all be so sudden is a very interesting choice, i guess they didn't really have the time to do it since Rise was already greenlit and they only had 20 episode and wanted to redo 2 crossovers while also ending the foot clan's storyline so you can see why it felt so rushed.

Hahaha neaaaaat

Then write her better. And please let's stop pretending that TMNT has solid writing even the original Mirage Comics had bad writing in a chunk of places. So all Venus needs is to be written better.

Venus is shit. We don't need her.

Hope Viacom forces Venus in future TMNT media. And no, Laird doesn't matter he doesn't have a legal say anymore.

>Then write her better.
problem is once you rewrite a character to a point you are basically writing a new character.

Tell you what, Viacom. You can have your Venus if you bring back busty, white, redheaded April. And she has to wear the yellow jumpsuit. Deal?

Tom Waltz has gone on record that Nick doesn't even want to talk about Venus.

Worked for Kraang and Slash.....they don't resemble their original selves at all.

This is a series where characters like Jagwar can get a sex change and Rapahel can now be leader instead of Leo. Anything is possible in this franchise. Hell Shredder is not even human in one of the series.

As usual, give it time.

If Turtle Jennika becomes popular? Then they will bring back Venus.

That's gonna be the big gamble. If she doesn't, we will probably not get a female turtle for a long period.

>This is a series where characters like Jagwar can get a sex change

You know if we do get a all girls team up (Jennika, Alopex, Angel, Sally, Zodi, etc) I hope it deals with Jagwar. She is in need for something out of the Pantheon. Could tie her story into Battle Nexus

And they hired the worst person for writing Turtle Jennika.

cursing

I think the biggest issue when it comes to adapting a character is

>Adapting a character where they barely have anything in common

Bishop vs Nick Bishop. The only thing they have in common is they wear a black suit. I assume the "Utrom Bishop" is what influenced midget bishop in IDW.

Then there are adaptations where they change a character and they basically are another character in the franchise. Micheal Bay's turtles are guilty of this.

First movie
>Shredder is a white guy where the foot is just a bunch of soldiers. Eric Sachs is after the mutagen.

They turned Shredder into a Bishop character.

>Out of the Shadows
They made Casey into Nobody.

NINJA VANISH!

"Leo...doooooon't..."

I swear I get teary eyed just thinking about this scene.

By today's standards, the action isn't amazing (though still insanely technically impressive given the suits), but what ultimately makes 1990 work is the massive heart it has. Lots of small character moments that are missing from modern day films.

I also love the subversion of the Pinocchio story with the foot clan. The idea of them being lured in with games and fun and just becoming mindless slaves, they add the element of family into it which gives them a reason to stay. Contrasted with the Turtles own family drama, it just works.

On top of all of that, the score is excellent. There's a great retrospective of the movie by Oliver Harper where he mentions that the theme isn't the same as the cartoon, but still sound familiar. Perfect description.

But...uh, anyone ever notice Raph loses BOTH his sais in the Foot attack, but then magically has them back later? I guess they just found them on the street or something when they were escaping...but, yeah.

Attached: x1080-r5E.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

Venus is tainted goods. Jennika herself has a better chance of becoming a recurring TMNT character than her.

>They made Casey into Nobody.
Could be worse, I mean... Nobody really got fucked over in the comics.

Jennika is a human pretending to be a turtle AND she's written by a mentally defective piece of shit tranny who has a history of writing terribly for IDW TMNT.

Which only proves my point. Everybody would sooner accept her than Venus just because of how reviled Next Mutation was.

You're a retard if you accept the SHIT writing of Campbell.

While I'm all for having Tom Waltz be 100% writing the comics, I think he at least deserves this break.

And there's a lot of retards who read those comics.

Can we please have a TMNT thread that doesn't devolve into yelling about campbell?

Personally I think campbell's writing is "okay." I only really like the Leonardo Macro. Everything else is "just there."

Granted this is all in comparison to IDW's really only truly bad comic that was the April Mini.

He's the Ken Penders of TMNT comics so yeah he deserves to be insulted. What do you want? To go "Oh yay bad writing is actually like totally GOOD yay buy BADLY written media!" To hell with that. We need to spread the info that is the writing is going to go to shit we need to know how to blame and it's Campbell and his enablers like Waltz, Curnow, and Eastman.

>[Campbell] the Ken Penders of TMNT

Nah man, that's that 87 writer that claims he created the personality of the turtles.

>Actually comparing Campbell to Penders
You're fucking insane, Penders made dozens of OCs and forced them into an insane bloated quest that almost destroyed archie sonicand is still made fun off to this day, Campbell got them to use a design he made and no one will probably care as much as you do 10 years from now.

Who is Campbell and what has he done?

Ross Campbell who got a sex change and is now calling himself Sophie Campbell. He's an artist who works at IDW and because he's an artist he does NOT have skill as a writer. Despite this he's given work as a writer as well.

And because he doesn't have skill as a writer his ideas are very bad. He grabbed a serious character like Alopex and "character developed" her into a giggling empty headed stupid bimbo. Another bad idea by him is the story of the Bald Muscle Dyke who fell in love with Karai to the point she happily betrayed her own family to join Karai's group. And this is the bastard they're hiring to start taking over the writing reins starting from issue number 101.

It sounds like IDW TMNT is going to die. From what I hear sales have been going down for a while after Splinter killed Shredder in issue number 50. But if sales are down? And they're hiring this horrible hack? He may be the death blow for this comic series because an artist is NOT a writer.

PS - As an artist the only good thing he ever drew is Alopex's fluffy design. Everything else looks rather bad especially his obsession with Mannish Women.

Campbell did like
>2 arcs of the main comic
>a couple of issues of Universe
>1 macro
>Art of Alopex mini
>Did the design of Jennika turtle. Which of course, unfortunately, has some similarities to an OC that Campbell made. Though according to what Waltz posted, it was merely coincidence and even Campbell even referred to her work as "Nobody wants to see my crap."

Now we know that Campbell is going to be writing the main series for awhile. Tom Waltz and Kevin are going on break, considering they basically did 100 issues straight, that's impressive.

The problem is Campbell really has done anything. It just seems like a minority on Yea Forums really hates em. I remember some user was pissed about the pet dinosaur which really has no more significance to the comics more than Klunk.

Attached: mutation.jpg (612x792, 324K)

Not as long as that one autistic butt hurt fucktard exists.

And he's here.

Campbell has never written Jennika.

>The problem is Campbell really hasn't done anything.

Is what I mean. Campbell's writing is just more "middling" than anything.

Knowing his style of how he "rebirthed" Alopex into being a bimbo. That's what Campbell is going to do. Jennika's personality as a human is serious and bland. But as a turtle? Campbell is going to "rebirth" her to act in any way that he likes to the point it may as well be another character entirely.

She's only ever written the Karai arc of Universe and the Leo Macro. The rest she just did art on. Maybe some creative input like getting Pepperoni put into TiT. Her writing isn't amazing, but it's not bad at all. It depends on how Waltz and Curnow will over see her editorially.

And you say they're just going on break... we know it's just a break? Or what's the story here? I thought Waltz was leaving as writer with no definitive return point. Kind of annoying since he still has seven dozen plots going.

Stop calling this mentally ill faggot "her" or "she" it's a man. Fuck you with this enabling Leftism shit.

Bimbo? The fuck are you on? Also, again, she never wrote Alopex. She did art a few times. Are you talking about how Alopex has mellowed? Why are you attributing that to Sophie?

Fuck you for thinking psychology is a political topic you absolute clown.

Oddly ahead of it's time meme anyone?
youtu.be/WwiefiPH5c8

But the rebirthed Alopex acts less like a bimbo than Northampton Alopex

Fun fact, that turtle screaming on the roof was originally meant to be Mikey. He was secretly handling Splinter's death/abduction (I forget if they thought he was alive at that exact point.) really badly. But it tested badly having the comedic turtle be the one most on edge. So they redubbed it to Raph and darkened it so you can't tell who it is. Too bad, it hits some of the little nuances of Michelangelo's character.

that was dumb!

I you pay attention to the shot prior, i is Mikey, anybody ever wonder if the workprint of this ever showed up?

Attached: mpv-shot0008.jpg (853x480, 87K)

this is from the old DVD, widescreen side, and you can still see Mikey's nunchucks.

Attached: mpv-shot0009.jpg (853x480, 53K)

>watch on blu-ray
>you can see her nips poking through her shirt in the farm scene with casey

Attached: 1341157644507.png (512x384, 206K)

Still the best villain entrance in a comic book.Like literally can any comic book villain have a better entrance than Shredder? Hell his teaser scene with the TV was amazingly kino too.

Attached: shred17xh.jpg (944x569, 40K)

One of the most faithful comic adaptations of all time. It may actually be the most faithful. It has whole issues and sequences lifted straight from the comic. Do any other comic films do that to this degree? It's crazy.

I loved the 2k3 Shredder design. Before the "reveal" the design was the second most intimidating Shredder design we had. The first being the movie.

Attached: uhoh.jpg (360x272, 12K)

I Love 80's Mona Lisa

Attached: ToyMonaLisa.jpg (299x451, 30K)

didn't the Japanese did artwork of her?

>she didn't have a cameo in the OVAs but the punk frogs did

Agreed, Venus does deserve another chance.

yep.

Attached: MonaLisaJP.jpg (270x400, 44K)

youtu.be/SzmLYHsAcZQ

>these weird ass tmnt videos

Attached: 1534380173805.png (596x699, 372K)

"Heh... kids."

A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for that.

Random thought.

On the one hand obviously the 80s and early 90s - when Mirage volume 1, Tales volume 1, and all associated mini-series and specials AND the first movie came out - is obviously the most pure timeframe for the TMNT.

But on the other hand they really do feel like they're timeless as hell, and I love that.

Something about this line gets me every time.

Literally every fucking thing.

It didn't involved Michael Bay

If they can implement Venus' magic better? Go for it.

everything went right faggot. if you think this movie is trash you can go off yourself.

Attached: 1317227185950.jpg (417x300, 28K)

I always liked that when Shredder taunts the turtles about Splinter being dead, Leo is the one to lose his cool and not Raph. It subverts your expectations a little and maybe implies a bit of growth in Raph. Like Leo doesn't ALWAYS have to make the responsible decision and Raph doesn't ALWAYS have to be the hothead.

>The idea of them being lured in with games and fun and just becoming mindless slaves, they add the element of family into it which gives them a reason to stay. Contrasted with the Turtles own family drama, it just works.

The Danny subplot works perfectly to tie the turtles and the Foot together, contrasting them and showing how these kids could get lured into Shredder's criminal empire.

It's astounding how well everything works in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pbbg0vPXxB8

The Turtles had the best comedic timing and this proves it.

OP here, it was fun seeing so many people with such a passion for this movie, and you’re all right it’s amazing
In the event that this thread gets archived shortly I just wanna say
>yes dudes and dudetes, major league buttkicking is back in town!
>they were many but we kicked.....we fought well, master!
>and I mean NO anchovies, you put anchovies on this pizza and you’re in big trouble, ok?
>sock it to me, baby!
>where do they come up with this stuff?
>wise man say forgiveness is divine but never pa full price for late pizza!
>Yes friends, the new turtle ginsu, It dices it slices, yet it makes French fries in three different-
>whoops!
>.....kids.
>am I late on my Sony payments again?
>all fathers love their sons
>Gilligan was a GEEK, barfarooni!
>camelface
>domehead
>elf lips
>gakface
>hose brain
>what Russian novel is set in the napoleonic wars
>don’t worry, I came prepared!
>you’re a natural, sis!
>now, at what point, did we lose control here?

>I love you all, my sons....

Attached: 33A177B1-5BBA-43AC-9D6D-3B78AC6AD159.jpg (960x700, 129K)

>they were many but we kicked.....we fought well, master!
Reference to the first scene in the comics, more or less?

question, aside from the HERO turtles thingin the UK, did they change the name of the turtles in other parts of the world, I remember some comics having the name Astonishing Mutant Ninja Turtles, I could swear

Why do so many people see the first toon April's brown hair as her being a "redhead"?

Was this in the comics? Because otherwise it was a sadly all too rare reference to the cartoon, which seems a bit random.

Good thing he'll teach you.

>nips
Post pics

Turtles Forever is a nice end for 2003 TMNT but what is going to happen now that most of the Foot Clan and Purple Dragons are mutants and seen in public. One the few things that liked about TMNT Fast Forward is how the Turtles can walk around in public. Considering how they know there whereabouts, maybe Don should make the company with April?

Attached: Tmnt-forever-old-new-turtles-684x1024.jpg (684x1024, 188K)

It's auburn.

Attached: tmnt-idw-jennika-transformation-700x604.jpg (700x604, 111K)

Everything

The creators said most of the other characters not shown either went home or are missing by the time of the M-Bomb.

Like Mona Lisa just went home for some reason.

A shame, I would have loved to see Raph and Lisa as an old couple "adopting" that kid with the map on her arm.