The quality of Gravity Falls in a nutshell. FACT

The quality of Gravity Falls in a nutshell. FACT.

Attached: 39A7B740-514F-4A1E-ABBA-778453C30EC0.png (1600x1600, 1.43M)

>Yea Forums delusion.
FTFY OP

That describes most stories, user. There's a reason why shows like Breaking Bad, Futurama, Samurai Jack, and Arrested Development were counted as masterpieces until the latter three got revived and ended up taking away from the magic of "a perfect run".

>AToTS episode
>that bad

Attached: IMG_6020.jpg (354x459, 58K)

Disney Television Animation really.

Attached: 1565053309277.png (1600x1831, 1.41M)

Roadside Attraction was SHIT

Shouldn’t it be how the execution of four seasons of Star vs?

Rough Draft has gotten worse these past few years. Most of the SU shit you see pop up here was done by them for example.

I know, they were legitly great in the 90s.

I thought Gravity Falls was the best show in everyone opinion, people usually put the show above SU, AT and others

More like quality of Western media.

Where’s the start and the end, era wise?

Well yeah because SU and AT were shit the whole way through

Nah, it only went full shit in 2B.

This got me thinking.

Has anyone seen ANYTHING with a good ending?

No wait let me change that. Anything LONG with a good ending?

I've seen good movie and very low episode count shows endings but never long running shows with like four five tenish seasons. I've seen books with good endings, but never book SERIES.

Are endings hard?

in reality though

Attached: 1565053309277.jpg (1600x1600, 268K)

I know it's not Yea Forums but Breaking Bad. I can't think of a long running cartoon with a satisfying ending

Anime is essentially the last one 4 times

The Sopranos easily has the best ending I've ever seen

I get that it’s the template you’re working with, but S1 felt like wasted potential (still enjoyable though) whereas S2A is some of the best media Disney Channel has produced. The rest is kind of accurate.

reverse 2A and 1 and you'd get a harsher version of my opinion

they did a few Amphibia eps early on and not only were they stiff as fuck (contrasted to SMIP, who they replaced them with) but they were also too on-model for my taste (unlike Saerom's stuff)

Plenty of long-ish comics, manga and anime have had great endings and even some live action TV shows but cartoons seem damn near cursed in that regard.
Gravity Falls has one of the best cartoon endings to date and it was really just okay. I also hear good things about the EEnE finale but I was never a fan of that show.

>TMS is ass
Got that right.

King of the Hill had the most satisfying ending you could ever expect out of a show like that, perfectly resolving major plotlines but accepting that in the end, it was about one man's family and their life, and there's no big finish there

2A is better than season 1 though.

Justice League had a pitch perfect finale, all the fun and joy of seeing the old back together and team up with the new, Superman delivering on cutting loose after so long teasing it, Lex Luthor's long running plotline finally resolved, how much better could it be? It also is technically the finale to BTAS/New Adventures AND STAS, but even if you don't count them Superman TAS had an absolutely fantastic finale as well.

Static Shock's finale was pretty decent, not as mindblowing as the previous but to call it bad would be a stretch, it resolved all the major plotlines and left with room for more if they got more.

Batman Begins finale with the Return Of The Joker movie knocked it out of the park and then out into the new ballfield.

Wasn't Mad Love the finale of the New Adventures? That one was pretty good too, thinking on it.

Its not hard to end a series well.

Batman Brave and the Bold had a damn near perfect finale as well.
DC's capeshit shows have a weirdly good track record.

>Batman Begins
I just realized I said begins instead of beyond and now must jump off the nearest roof in penance. I'll make the bat symbol as I go so everyone understands.

It wasn't long running but Green Lantern even managed to pull off an amazing finale.

Teen Titans managed to have a great finale but then fucked it up by going one episode more and setting up a shitload of stuff that would be forgotten.

Why does everyone hate Gravity Falls now? I watched it for the first time and really enjoyed it. A little rushed but also wrapped up pretty neatly. Also fuck all of you the B plot sucked but Roadside Attraction is GoAT if you’ve lived in the PNW
>I’ve been o every place in the episode before it came out

But it gave us that copypasta so all is well

Attached: arc rankings.jpg (734x884, 140K)

There are only two ways cartoons end

Attached: badchoices.jpg (500x756, 109K)

And Steven Universe
And Adventure Time
And Star Vs
And Homestuck
the entirety of 2010s co media

I would say it was already declining by the tournament arc but otherwise yeah.
Homestuck would just be a stick horse the entire way through.

I've seen good endings, but then the show kept going. Not sure that counts.

Avatar went fairly long and had a pretty satisfying ending.
Most really long running shows are pretty episodic, so a good ending isn't that important.

Mighty Max had a pretty awesome ending.
>Norman sacrifices himself to save Max and Virgil
>Max gets pissed at Virgil for leaving Norman behind.
>Virgil reminds Max that everything is already foretold and that Virgil knows he will die at Stonehenge. He tells Max not to go to Stonehenge until after the Winter Solstice.
>Virgil is captured by Skullmaster and he threatens to kill him unless Max comes to Stonehenge
>Max recruits Lava Lord to help him fight Skullmaster and goes to Stonehenge.
>Max is unable to defeat Skullmaster.
>Skullmaster tells Max to give him the magic cap or he will kill Virgil
>Max gives up his cosmic cap and Skullmaster kills Virgil anyway.
>Skullmaster reveals the cap as the cosmic crown and combines it with his crystal of souls to begin a ritual to absorb all reality and time into himself.
>Max crabs onto the staff and partially absorbs the power which sends him back to the first episode where he decides he will fulfill his destiny this time.

Attached: 1502226889440.jpg (640x640, 93K)

Star Trek TNG

>Batman the Brave and the Bold

Although I can understand the meta ending not being for everybody, its fitting for a show that always poked fun at the wacky history of Batman as a character and honestly pretty sweet.

Attached: bbb_cast.jpg (660x371, 91K)

Sup Famicom

i can't believe everybody's just ad-libbing

Star Trek DS9.

This apply as well

Attached: season2.jpg (2560x1440, 310K)

Clarence and Regular Show had pretty decent endings

>Homestuck would just be a stick horse the entire way through
That would imply a consistent quality which is absolutely not the case

Maybe sometimes it would be a finger paint horse or just a fucking line. Either way it is one badly drawn horse.

Fuck you, act 4 and 5.2 were awersome.

Do you mind explaining what makes it good?
I still won't read it but people trying to explain Homestuck without sounding insane is always pretty funny.

I lked the crazy amount of callbacks, where a throwaway joke might become a plot ctitical element, timeloops make sence in universe and in abundance and the gigant scope. I also liked having gradualy increasing, but clear goals that were lost during act 6.

Futurama and Samurai jack don't belong in your list. Screeching autists whining about things doesn't actually mean the shows declined in quality.

>Breaking Bad
I binge watched the show and I only remember season 2 being kinda crap, the rest was great.

If I dropped it because season 2 felt like the same shit as season 1 would you recommend trying it again

Not sure. I loved season 1, so if you're just waiting for the show to get good, it'd better that you tapped out when you did.

All I really remember about season 2 is everyone acted like Walter was the bad guy when really he did nothing wrong and through a series of stupid rube goldberg events two planes to collide over his house.

Don't hold your breath. The new series will probably ruin everything.

Gf sits at a 60-70%, mostly due to the fact the first season and first half of the second half are very good, but are dragged down hard by the story decline and rush. SU had a good FIRST season, then everything that came after was either slowly paced, far and between, or just filler shit. Would say it ranged in the high 30 to low 50% range. AT though, ohhhh, AT, ran for almost 8 years with a good first few and slowly became a hollow corpse where even the finale was met with an uninterested grunt.

So yeah, compared to those two, GF looks like fucking gold. At best it is copper, but can understand why you would think that.

Regular show went pretty long and that ending was damn good

Who said anything about anime? But i do agree that modern anime is that.

W.I.T.C.H. is the only cartoon ever to do an ending correctly, with STRICT continuity and all.
Of course, Yea Forums refuses to watch so much as a single episode so you guys will never get it.

The finale was ok, I suppose. But if you recall, TNG had a set of movies...

No, TMS is the most detail of that picture, the most on model.

Bullshit.

Uh, no. Most of the best episodes are in season 2, and the finale was kino.

Attached: Mabel upset 2.jpg (1132x1080, 180K)

>no Meel-

oh.

Attached: one job.png (310x459, 215K)

If you consider when Ennis left the end, Punisher Max with "Valley Forge, Valley Forge"

>the point of that episode was telling the audience to move on and leave the show behind, user

I dont get it.

Is it the weird wobbly corner on the top of the R?

one character is "missing" on the poster, turns out he's hidden behind this letter.

Oh.

But season 2A is better than all of season 1.

Samurai Jack last season (with the exception of episode 1-3) was objectively bad. If all the season had the same quality of the first three episodes it would have been a masterpiece.

No it wasn't, the last episode was especially kino

>Okay look, I know our last episode was a nice "everyone comes together in one final battle" event, nice continuity, minor guys got to show off and be strong, we resolved everything except the Robin/Starfire shipping thing, pretty much a pitch perfect finale and leaves nothing left hanging.
>But now we want you to move on, so we're going to toss a half a dozen hanging plot threads in addition to moving forwards on one of the biggest hopefuls that the fans of the show have been hoping for, Terra, and answer nothing on it and leave so many questions about it, reintroduce Slade and give him a new superbeast and hint he's going to mess stuff up, and even set up a possible event with the main five.
>So you know, now we're telling you to move on, there's clearly no more story to be told!

Oh okay so you're stupid then i take it.

Motherfucker the episode is literally titled "Things Change"

Ed, Edd, N Eddy had a fantastic ending.

Chowder was decent

KND was heartwarming asf

Ah I see, a fellow Yea Forumsnnoisuer.

Attached: Star Vs in a Nutshell.png (717x790, 390K)

Uhh, bro, he said a GOOD ending

The ending was good and all the people who complained about it were retards who thought they were dead the whole time.

Attached: 1200px-Lost_main_title.svg.png (1200x636, 72K)

JLU's first ending was kino. That last season with the Legion of Doom fucked up everything.

Attached: 1562532267780v.png (549x479, 179K)

Attached: anime across the decades.png (960x960, 181K)

The Gurren Lagann finale was kino, I agree.

Ed Edd N Eddy

steven universe: post jailbreak.

Jailbreak is horrifically overrated and 80% of SU's best episodes and arcs come AFTER season 1.

I can think of four:
Billy and Mandy
As Told By Ginger
Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy
Courage

Attached: 5Hl6qwoV1Cg.jpg (720x544, 49K)

I still haven't watched past episode 4 and I don't think I ever will.

Comedy center seasons weren't as good as Fox's ones and that's a fact.

>After season 1
Yeah no. They dropped the ball with every development since Jailbreak.

Futurama fan here. Even by the end of its initial run the show was starting to go down hill, at least slightly. Plots were getting more and more outlandish and not in a good way.

Most shows reach their stride in seasons two or three. It has its footing figured out and is firing on all cylinders to make the most of its potential without being contrived or worrying about doing the same thing they've already done.