Will the Owl House be good?

Will the Owl House be good?
youtube.com/watch?v=BqE6KiijtH0

Attached: 1530303557491.gif (276x202, 2.08M)

no

it looks boring. kinda burnt out of fantasy; it feel like it’s about half of the media being released

also, the main girl dead doll eyes creep me out

It looks worse then Amphibia if that's even possible

You have anymore of lewd Dana-sonas? Is this fanart or something she made?

Tangled and Amphibia are both kind of eating is lunch. Shows like Steven Universe don't have to worry about Infinity Train etc. taking the spotlight since they're so different in terms of tone, settings and characters etc. but Owl House is just like Star VS with some Little Witch Academia thrown in for good measure.

*its

Attached: 1521600843483.png (511x789, 103K)

Rule63 Rick n Morty

nooooooope

Attached: shit character 101.jpg (1125x1224, 544K)

>Atrociously long development marred by infighting, cintiq punching, and a narcissist antifa-funding Dana
>Ugly as fuck self-insert twitter avatar goblin thing that is a main character
>Shameless ripping off Gravity Falls right down to the tonality of the theme song
>Storebrand Cubone as the mandatory animal sidekick
>eclipsed and pushed back even further by Amphibia
>basically all hype is dead

Yeah, doesn't look too promising.

Attached: la abominacion.png (500x350, 199K)

>Steven U
>Tangled
>Amphibia
>Gravity Falls
>Trollhunters
>Star Vs
>Tangled
>Infinity Train
>Dragon Prince
>Disenchantment
>Care Bears
>Summer Camp Island
>G4/G5 Horse
>Moomins
>She-Ra
Holy shit, you’re right.

Attached: C320DF6A-463B-4F56-A764-0396A09524E2.gif (498x204, 204K)

>Trollhunters
>Summer Camp Island
no one watched those

That’s not even remotely the point, but I’ll take the (You) I suppose.

SU is light sci-fi as is Infinity Train. Not sure about the rest.

>>Ugly as fuck self-insert twitter avatar goblin thing that is a main character
>a main character

Are you fucking kidding me? Tell me that's not true.

Are these really made by her?

SCI fags are known to be a thing

yeah. fantasy can be a pretty extensive genre, and it’s an easy genre to write about too which explains a lot since most of those shows are board-driven but, most of those shows are repeating the same things over and over. i’m just tired of it, it’s like the capeshit of animated television

that thing gonna be the Ponyhead of this show

I think that is part of the reason why Loud House was a big success. Young viewers just want to watch kids being kids in a down to earth setting, not Adults in Kid Bodies like Dipper, Star, Finn, Steven (Adult Woman in his case lel), etc. going on grand adventures to save the world from Drumpf or whoever the boogeyman hotness in politics is to Californians at the time. Just a bunch of hyperactive kids tearing up their neighborhood and having fun.

>tons of Yea Forums despise Dana
>still make a lot of art about her persona

I really wish people would stop thinking with their dicks. Honestly blue board Yea Forums would be a better place if we could judge things by merit rather than if something is attractive.

This. I'd argue even if a lot of recent shows are fantasy based as long as there was something to make it stand out it'd still work. Owl House (and a lot of fantasy) has the issue of depending on recognizable Tolkien/anime shit or the same 'elf, human, monster, wizard' archetypes and more importantly not taking efforts to go beyond or subvert them. Like where are all the Tiefling paladins? Why not make a dragon guarding a castle the main protagonist?

>she's trying to be a witch isn't that new?

Not really honestly.

That's one or two people making dozens of artworks, not vice versa.

>Tiefling paladins
Based and Paladipilled

It’s fanart made by other people.

Clarence tried it and failed, and it was probably the best "shit kids do" show this decade by far. The reality for it was that it's art style probs put out a major portion of the modern viewership, who are accustomed and wanting of a casting they can nerd/waifufag/self insert as. Clarence had little in those regards compared to the waifufest Loud House was, and didn't receive as much praise despite being the better show due to it.
My point is that kids and manchildren don't really know what they want, they just follow the cues their instincts give them, and that means you need more than just an honest and down to earth story to hold their attention.

I'm getting this, too. I think it doesn't help too much that a LOT of the fantasy is sort of cutesy and pastel-colored? Like, even the ones with monsters have characters acting cute, being cute, jumping up and down because, "Awww! Look! Laser puppy!".

If a new fantasy series came out with a slightly different tone or art style like pic related. Something that utilized more dark colors, pointy art style, maybe dryer or darker humor? Everything just feels like it's the same kind of fantasy.

Attached: 5c940f85f18d8c00099aa3d3-eight.jpg (730x486, 90K)

Nobody has made any art since that one thread and every drawfag stopped cold in their tracks when they figured out it was Luke engineering Yea Forums to get people to lewd her avatar. Notice how every single request of, "I want to fuck it!" died down significantly over time. It was pretty much just one person trying to push it.

>Lives in a demon world
>People here are supposed to be witches and wizards
>All the residents are just pointy eared humanoids
>Two of them even look like a random black and fat kid from your elementary school

What? That's as bad as when anime has "Android" or "Monster Girl" and it's just a regular girl with fucking horns or a single dot on their forehead to indicate "this is a robot".

This show was ahead of its time in retrospect
>allowed kids to be kids while still being wrapped up in grand stories
>built it’s own lore without being the primary focus of the show
>unique world that didn’t rely on the same old tropes of fantasy or sci-fi
Modern cartoons on Disney and CN can learn something from KND

Attached: 2F8BC21B-B420-4112-A150-96C9E31D7AE6.png (312x424, 246K)

I wont lie I hope this show BTFOs the other cartoons just so I know American produced cartoons are finally going to be good again

No, we already have Amphibia. This shit can't match it.

>Kids just want to watch kids doing kid things!

Hell fucking no. Don't speak on behalf of every child like that. When I was little, I was bored to tears by shit like Rugrats, As Told by Ginger, Pepper Ann, Doug, etc. I sought out wacky cartoons or characters going on crazy adventures like Dexter's Lab, Invader ZIM, Beetlejuice, Powerpuff Girls, Aladdin: The Series, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.

I think the character designs and premise is pretty solid looking.

Though what kind of killed my enthusiasm is seeing the Dana cameo in the fucking opening. Fuck that. Why turn a decent design into a fucking head with arms and legs?

So.. the best character?

>Inserting her avatar persona smack dab in the middle of the intro
>Redesign it to be fat and ugly because that's funny?
>The shot of King with plushies is front loaded with references to other games, movies, and shows
>King himself is an unapologetic Cubone rip-off
>The entire production looks like it's just following exactly in Gravity Falls' footsteps, down to the color scheme, the indie electronic instrumental intro, the animation, the background design, even the fucking "elderly irresponsible guardian hanging out with child"

What the fuck should I be looking forward to in this show that I can't get from all the sources it's just mindlessly aping?

Attached: 6457575675.jpg (672x378, 180K)

I WANT TO FUCK IT

Oh I see. That does make me feel better.

To clarify is Luke that guy in the EZPZ interview debacle? Is he some fired storyboarder who wants to get revenge or did I conflate him with someone else?

I really just avoided that drawthread since it gave me the creeps.

No you got it right, he's the one who's most likely blacklisted.

More likely, Clarence was pretty fucking bland and awful compared to the Louds, which is why it failed. does make a point in that if a show is too down to Earth, it can be boring, whereas things like KND, Dexter's Lab, early FOP, Zim, had a mix of down to Earth elements and things quickly escalating out of control and becoming cartoony.

TLH is a slapstick heavy cartoon that lacks some of those really higher tier cartoony elements (unless you count Lisa's Dexter like experiments), yet isn't devoid of them either, but pulls it together mainly because the voice actresses for the sisters are really fucking engaged into it and make it entertaining.

Attached: The Clarence '''''''Fandom''''''.pn (1080x1437, 201K)

Luke is just a strawman that Dana and Alex Hirsch created to misdirect any and all criticism of them here as it being some elaborate ploy by Luke. While, judging by his little twitter/Yea Forums session he had with us a few days ago, he indeed has an axe to grind with Dana, I don't exactly think he's been proven a liar.

It looks like so much effort was put into making the animation smooth, it somehow slowed down all their motions. That flying portion felt like it should have been much faster.

I didn't mind it, I appreciated the smoothness enought that I was willing to accept the poor momentum. Which oddly enough, is still something western animators still JUST CAN'T DO.
I don't get it. Yeah, anime looks like a fucking slideshow most of the time, but the action scenes have weight and punch to them.

The only references I caught were a hollow knight plushie and maybe a bastardized Sachiel from Eva in the bottom left.
And yeah, the theme really is a Gravity Falls rip off.

Attached: Cursed 3.jpg (754x768, 97K)

The flying section was done by an anime animator.

Attached: oops.png (333x189, 38K)

How the hell is Dana so beautiful. She claims she’s an insomniac and never sleeps, yet she looks so good. If I don’t sleep for one night, I look like shit, yet she looks flawless after not sleeping for years. Plus, she smokes.

Attached: EF3D75A5-12EA-451A-88A9-C2DAD0C32E90.jpg (760x1140, 229K)

It's called make-up, user. The reason you look like shit is because men are told they're fruits if they use it.

I remember when the leaker said that the black elf kid was going to be the show's ponyhead. They never elaborated.

Its funny how much DTVA shills tried to damage control despite every single rumor turning out to be true. Not even ambiguous, just flat out true.

If you look carefully under her eyes you can see how deep the shadows actually are, but she covers it up

From my experience when I was a kid, I only found slice-of-life or whatever you call 'em cartoons without fantasy elements enjoyable if the art was good and the characters were fun and relateble. If you just have bland characters doing stuff, no kid is going to care.

is that autismo zuke working on this? or did she got fired again?

Haven't heard a fucking peep from Zuke in many a month. Wherever she/he is they're keeping their head down.

Are you calling me a shill? I'm just recounting an event.

she looks like she fucks young girls

honestly im in it for luz, even if she seems like a dumb stupid bitch

last i heard she was on this project not sure if its true.

Or was she just rambling how she wanted to make the the two main lesbian and angry she couldn't.

i hope so. dana and her team looks talented, and the trailer doesn't look that bad.

i want to fuck this pearl fairy

That's about all she managed to do on SU before fucking off so I wouldn't doubt it. I know Yea Forums loves a scapeboat but she really didn't do anything to that show and was mad because her ship (Lapidot) was literally uprooted (the episode "Raising the Barn" and destroyed (the episode Reunited). It was beautiful to see it play out in real time.

She kinda fucked up other artist with that stunt. No showrunner going to take a chance with ''fanartist/freelancer" again. She proved having a fancy paper from a brand name institution and debt means something.

Do I have a time machine?

Dana is doomed to repeat her mistakes considering she has twice now announced job positions on her Twitter for Owl House.