In the comics, Thanos snaps to demonstrate how much he can do with such a trivial action...

>in the comics, Thanos snaps to demonstrate how much he can do with such a trivial action. At no point is it stated he needed to snap to do it
>in the movies, you HAVE to snap your fingers or the magic stones don’t work

What were they thinking?

Attached: BABD7E0D-2484-4E36-B115-BF2D06C9DF6A.jpg (1486x851, 619K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tfy-DSuc_Kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What were they thinking?
"it looks cool"

It's dumb.

Nobody will come up with a reasonable response they'll at best toss some head canon your way. It's incredibly dumb. Especially because he's shown using the stones with no snap before.

It is dumb.

That being said I kinda still enjoyed the flicks. But it's dumb. And to think entire teams of people read it and didn't say something is painful.

>nonchalantly snapping ones fingers as they dust half of all existence isn't cool
>vigorously fighting to autistically snap ones fingers lest they be unable to dust half of all existence is cool
What?

Visual representation of someone using the glove to make it for cinematic

>What were they thinking?
The Infinity Gauntlet is a glove. Snapping is a simple, decisive action you can do with one hand. It just makes dramatic sense to give the gauntlet a specific and memorable gesture that operates it.

Who the fuck cares, you guys are literally arguing about some dude snapping his fingers.

>snaps to demonstrate how much he can do with such a trivial action
He states that at the beginning of the film, Iron Man doing it was just for spectacle the comic itself.
>Pretending the comic was anything more than page after page of shock value
Cringe

The gauntlet works differently in the films. In the comics, it's pretty much an effortless task to do shit with all the gems. In the films, it requires a tremendous amount of energy for even a being like Hulk to do it. It killed Iron Man. In the comics, casual Average Joe's can use the gems no problem.

It is implied that the snap is required to use all of the gems at once to exert so much energy. It makes about as much sense as most comic book shenanigans.

They need some sort of trigger to activate the gauntlet, otherwise Thanos would just wipe out half of existence everytime he closed his hand

No. He's complaining about someone wielding phenomenal godlike power and it ultimately coming across as boring so some street level capes can wrassle him.

>in the movies, you HAVE to snap your fingers

was that actually stated? I don't recall that being confirmed.

Attached: Screenshot_142.png (644x644, 936K)

They were thinking "let's nerf the gauntlet just like how literally everything in capeshit gets nerfed in the translation to the screen because we need to tell a story here".

Snaps are cool, it don't need to have a meaning behind it.

it's a different story. it was established that Thanos needed to do some sort of action to activate a stone, clenching his fist, so the heroes fight him by keeping his palm open. so that sort of logic applies to when he needs to use all the stones.

It seems to be the easiest way to "pull the trigger". When the Hulk wore the gauntlet, he could barely even close his hand.

Sure, drone

Discord from horse show does it and no one's complaining

Film is a visual medium and you need oomph when committing to a massive status quo change. Thanos just standing there and grimacing doesn't nearly work as well.

They never wrassle him while he wields all the power though

>The gayass answer
In the movies they establish that the Gauntlet was a device built to channel the stones, not just a glove Thanos wore to keep them all handy. It needs some means of activation, hence why he clenched his fist or mimes turning a dial or some other action whenever he activates a stone. The snap is just a simple means of using them all at once.

>The real answer
It's a comic book movie for children and viewers associate the snap with everyone disappearing; having the characters snap for changes like that keeps things visually consistent so no one is left wondering what's about to happen. Also it looks cool.

>you HAVE to snap your fingers or the magic stones don’t work
I mean if you ignore all the times he used the stones without snapping, sure

Translation: We made our villain too strong for the heroes so we need a BS weakness

You know what else is a VISUAL medium? Comic books. All you're arguing is that the film makers lack vision and creativity.

Attached: IG God.jpg (1600x1207, 869K)

He does it to show off of how easy is to warp reality just like Q.

Seriously almost every all powerful character do it.

In the comic he can just raise the hand of wishing it to happen
The movie is a blasphemy

Thanos thought it would look cool. The Avengers just did it because they figured that was how it worked, like you wish real hard and snap your fingers.

No, Infinity War says you have to close your hand to activate it. Thanos snaps to be theatrical. The Avengers imitate him because they don't know any better.

Thanos liked to snap for that reason, but because the Avengers didn’t know any better and weren’t exactly in the position to guess how to activate the gauntlet, they just went off the assumption that you snap to use it.

THATS THE POINT

you could say that about literally any villain's weakness

What makes you think I don't? Other shit being garbo doesn't get this bs off the hook.

Agreed, Thanos was being poetic and Tony doing it was a nice “return the favor”. Every other time it felt like they were forcing meme.

>he would have won IF IT WEREN'T for his weakness
is just stating why characters have weaknesses in the first place. you're not even saying why its BS, everything in the mcu is already nerfed

I think the Gauntlet in the 90's comics was WAY more effective than in the movies. Same thing goes for the Gems vs. Stones, Drax, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Thanos, Scarlet Witch, & Thor vs. THEIR MCU counterparts. MCU Thanos had to shut off the individual gems just to give the rest of the universe a fighting chance, whereas MCU-Thanos had to concentrate on any stone he wished to use. I mean they HAD to give the heroes a fighting chance in both situations, but MCU-Thanos wouldn't stand a chance against 90's Thanos (despite what Warlock told him afterwords).

No one said you have to snap.

What a bunch of stupid niggers. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if MCU haters were missing half of their fetus sized brains.

I'm glad to know this bothers someone else. I've ranted about it to friends and family, but none of them seem to care.

Yea Forums intentionally does not pay attention just for an excuse to get mad.

Better question, did Cap meet red skull when he returned the stones and did the Loki escape timeline get erased or are we getting old Loki back?

I'll have you know I watched a 30 minute video on the subject.

You have to do something with your hands because the whole Titan battle involves them preventing him from moving his fingers to keep him using the glove.

Likewise when Strange uses the timestone he had to twist his hand like a dial to move time forward and back.

>Thanos snaps to be theatrical
Imagine Thanos spending all that time and effort gathering the Infinity Stones, but never learning how to snap his fingers.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tfy-DSuc_Kk

>Movie
>Adapts an idea from the comic books
>FILM MAKERS LACK CREATIVITY

The fuck you want him to do, the floss dance?

>The fuck you want him to do

ANYTHING! He doesn't create a giant fortress, he doesn't speak to death, he doesn't become the universe, he doesn't create a bitch he doesn't do shit. He's so spectacularly boring you'd forget he even had any power at all. The SHS version of the character showed more creativity and that show is for babies.

Attached: thanos.jpg (480x360, 164K)

>Thats not boring af

ATTN: Under no circumstances are we to allow Snapper Carr near the Infinity Gauntlet. Capiche?

Attached: Snapper.carr.gif (193x300, 55K)

Clearly the individual stones work without snapping. He could just use the reality stone to become a guy who knows how to snap.

So what's the complaint here, NOT MUH GAUNTLET?

Boring movie.

I bet OP is has a foot fetish and wanted thanos to have an INFINITY SOCK or some shit

Attached: INIFINITY SLAP.png (362x347, 339K)

Ah. In that case, I disagree.

If Death thought the universe was over populated, why did Thanos kill half of the universe and not all of it?

And they'd have to gather the InFOOTany Stones.

Sneed

Infinity chastity cage

Are you fucking stupid?

Attached: Plinkett.jpg (315x264, 12K)