I'm so proud of you. You've come a long way since I found you that day by the lake...

I'm so proud of you. You've come a long way since I found you that day by the lake. But can you turn off your emotions long enough to take me on? Or will they get the better of you, as always? I told you, you'll be ready the day you could knock me down as yourself. This is that moment! This is that moment, Vers! Turn off the light show, and prove, prove to me, you can beat me without —

Attached: yog.jpg (337x350, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2016/9/8/12851878/hillary-clinton-control-emotions-sexism-humans-new-york
twitter.com/CinemaScore/status/1104240936635121666
youtube.com/watch?v=EN2FJBud_tM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*blasts him the fuck away*

Attached: 1536163259.jpg (1500x500, 57K)

It’s been ages
Let go

Attached: 1436023079374.png (464x1080, 544K)

What fucking emotions?

Attached: 9dbd97a0c0b543fe0c21e6cb8c7784aa808838a9.jpg (600x300, 29K)

>W What if instead of fight we do like Indiana Jones did in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Attached: ed40e6f5798ecafd39d84ed802b0bde3.jpg (1333x2000, 258K)

That was an inversion of an overused trope i liked.

This scene was just so awful. Like, they telegraphed what was going to happen way too far away and his rambling felt inorganic.

>Keep telling character she is too emotional.
>Never get to see even the slightest emotion
Was this a sad attempt at "nothing is ever good enough for you dicks", or just shit direction?

Such a great scene and all the pathetic losers here who got triggered by it made it even better

While I can appreciate cutting through the bullshit and just blasting the guy, she really didn’t learn anything. She just magically Masters her powers, and remains a hot head

The men cheered louder than the women in my theater when this happened, why is that?

Men are just louder in general.
And bigger, dumber, angrier, hairier, and more violent.
This is why I gave up on them.

It is saying men are too emotional when women have control

>t. doesn't get men gave up on her years ago and that's why she only encounters the assholes now.

>She just magically Masters her powers
Her powers were gimped for a majority of the movie. You can't really master them if you can't use them properly.

Ha Ha look at this stupid bitch

Enjoy being 30 with 100 cats loser

BASED

>I don’t like cats
Is there any faster way to have your opinion instantly discarded?

Impressive. Truly a room full of strong feminist allies.

>the bad writing actually works because of more bad writing
That's not how you fix a problem with the script. His talk of emotions carries no weight because we never got to see any of those supposed emotions, nor do we get a sense she has grown at all when it comes to her powers because the movie literally holds her back from mastering them on time for this scene to matter.
You can't make people care about a supposed pivotal moment if you don't let them experience it properly. It was like they thought that "I don't have to prove anything to you" attitude would also carry over to the audience, even though the character had everything to prove to us and just... didn't.

How is that an excuse? As soon as the training wheels come off she suddenly masters flying and doesn’t have any issues with the boost in her blasts except staggering maybe once from the recoil. Nothing is earned

Funny how you losers didn't have an issue when it was Thor doing it

But I did? Thor material has been mishandled crap since day one, same as Hulk. Banner’s merged personalities hand waved like that was bullshit too

A lot of people had a problem with Thor.

>great scene
Its retarded and shows exactly whats wrong with captain marvel.
Her only characterization is vague bitchiness and OP powers. Thats it.

>Never get to see even the slightest emotion
Did you see the movie or are you basing this off the trailers?

Based. Fuck skill. Superpowers should beat that shit and we all know it.

I don't consider a bland scowl in all her pivotal scenes and a slight smirk during the downtimes to display a great range of emotions. Especially when compared to her comic book counterpart who is known to let her emotions get the best of her, but even on its own it just fell flat.
I can kinda see how could work since yon-rogg felt a lot more emotional through-out just a few scenes than she did through-out her whole movie, but lets not pretend Carol felt human until she asked Pete if he had anything for her.

Her smiling and goofing off with Fury and having fun killing Skrulls on the ship doesn't count?

Honestly yeah, at least when it comes to stuff like that. A lot of comic books treat superpowers like a burden, when it should be something that elevates your character and drives you to do good, all the while upholding a responsibility. Besides... She still respected the guy enough just to blast him the way she did at the start but not to kill or injure him, she knows he can take it.

Because Thor has had training with his powers since day one? The hammer was always just a conduit.

This was probably the best part in the whole film, got a good laugh from me because it’s perfectly in line to how Carol would act

Unironically this.

i hate this movie for turning nick fury into a joke

i can buy skrull refugees but not a fucking cat scratch

It was young Nick Fury, before he achieved his badassery. I don't know why people don't get that. They just gave you guys badass Nick Fury in Spiderman.

and skrull fools.

mcu is such a joke now.

hideous

lol shut up tranny

yeah, be you

dilate

At long last somebody who doesn't jeopardize everything for pride or honnor like those retards from Wakanda or Atlantis.

I completely forgotten this resolution. This movie was Life Time tier trash.

if the theme of the movie was breaking free from constraints and being emotionally free, why was the villain losing his shit and bree just coldly blasted him when he should've been the one cool under pressure?

carol should've tried to fight him without losing her cool, realize it wasn't working, and then flare up emotionally to beat him

Could this samefag be any more obvious?

The whole point, which I'm not surprised you missed, is that he was CALLING her emotional even though she wasn't, because "You're too emotional" is a thing that men like to say to women even when it's not true.

that's a really shitty theme to base your movie off of, brie, why would you write it that way?

>and his rambling felt inorganic.
Welcome to 80% of the MCU!

And yet, this movie made a billion dollars. MCU isn't going away. Ever.

>is a thing that men like to say to women even when it's not true.
Fucking when? That sounds like an assload of projection on the writer's part.

Not even going to dignify this with a response. I have nothing to prove to you.

Calm down, you’re being emotional.

vox.com/2016/9/8/12851878/hillary-clinton-control-emotions-sexism-humans-new-york

This is literally a response. Nice job proving how weak your willpower is that you can't even remain inactive to your benefit.

>vox

Attached: 1536245265095.jpg (680x680, 72K)

Yeah, but comic Carol is over emotional. She made a concentration camp after her boyfriend died.

That was to fulfill her lifelong dream of owning a concentration camp. Learn to read.

Would a retarded, sourceless right-wing blog be more to your liking?

I wish I could have my own concentration camp :(

Yeah it was pretty obvious what was going to happen which is too bad

This. It was not a good movie.

SEETHING
twitter.com/CinemaScore/status/1104240936635121666

Attached: 1562212771410.png (400x400, 228K)

Fucking got him.

remember that the female power fantasy is to be able to do whatever they want with absolutely no consequences and get praised for just existing

Slight amusement is not something that'll get better of you in a fight.

It is if you're fighting Pinwheel.

Did you know Jerma died to Pinwheel?

Thor is thousands of years old by the time we’re first introduced to him and has been established as a warrior, likely for a good chunk of that time.

Meanwhile, in a good movie
youtube.com/watch?v=EN2FJBud_tM

I liked it when both Carol and Supreme Intelligence hurt him. Hopefully he comes back just so Carol can bully him.

The Supreme Intelligence hurt him?

Where's the good movie, you just posted Captain America.

In the deleted scenes, the Supreme Intelligence bullied him by saying he isn't harsh with Carol as he should because he loves her. Obviously like a mentor/mentee thing but still.

It hasn't even been half a year. It just seems so long because they bunched all the movies for this year together to capitalize on Endgame hype.

That, and the relentless trolling that took place earlier this year around this movie, dogpiled alongside Alita and Shazam (which still were forgotten).

That's odd, absolutely nobody cheered in the theater I was at. There were, at best, a few scattered chuckles.

In my theater someone actually shouted out "UGH! WHITE GENOCIDE IS REAL!" and the entire theater applauded.

Really? I just remembered the entire front row of dudes throwing their popcorn at the screen and loudly proclaiming "the HECK with this movie! Let's go, Shazam is playing next door" then some chicks hooting and hollering, it was distressing. All this while Carol dragged Yon-Rogg into the ship, baka.

Attached: Disneys_Marvels_Captain_Marvel.webm (1280x532, 2.67M)

i thought it was pretty funny
dunno why everyone seems to hate it

Killjoys who are too invested in anti-SJW bullshit to enjoy a fun scene.

This scene bothered me so fucking much. For the entire movie he tried to drive in the lesson "Head before heart, mission before passions.". It would have been WAY more compelling if he admitted his pride for her but his dedication to his duty meant he still had to oppose her. Instead of having him stick to his principles, they throw out his entire characterization and turn him into a straw-man for men oppressing women.

>A lot of comic books treat superpowers like a burden, when it should be something that elevates your character and drives you to do good
That's a story CONTENT approach to superpowers. Pretty much every approach has been done, powers are a surprise, hard to control, a burden, make you anxious, threaten loved ones, reveal you as bad somehow, can be lost due to reasons, are dependent on mcguffins.

The unbreakable rule with superpowers is that they can't solve anything to do with the story. They have to help but not hinder it. Seriously, imagine your life if you could fly and shoot fire out your nose, then what? My kids noticed this with Adventure Time, so many episodes could have been ruined by Jake fixing whatever and that's it, done.

>retarded, made up, partisan
85% of all US media

I mean, if they wanted to do the gag, have him barely get 2 sentences out. But he just kept going and going, and we all saw the punchline coming.

Didn't know Fox News made up 85% of the media.

Was it supposed to be a funny moment? It was basically the same scene from the beginning...Jesus, that movie so fuckin uninspired, lame and boring it copied itself.

Attached: 8964.jpg (792x600, 255K)

Yeah. Imagine if the swordsman in Indiana Jones twirled his sword for a solid 2 minutes before Indy finally shot him. Nobody would like the scene.

You will never be a real woman

Shazam was actually much better than Cap Marvel though. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bro have you seen the scene, he twirls it for the same exact length as the speech.

So is that Mar-vell or what? I don't watch MCU that isn't Thor, Spidey, Strange, or Antman

STOP USING FACTS!

No. It's Yon-Rogg.

No, Mar-Vell was genderswapped to a woman played by Annette Bening. This is Yon-Rogg.

Why do you care then?

Nice deepfake.
Who cares man, I was making a funny.

Don't worry, it was a good post.