Samurai Jack gets a final season after 10+ years

>Samurai Jack gets a final season after 10+ years
>Hey Arnold gets its Jungle Movie after 10+ years
>Rocko's Modern Life gets a movie after 10+ years
>Invader Zim gets a movie after 10+ years
I really like the new She-Ra but I can't into 80s cartoons. Is there any chance the 2002 He-Man will get a proper conclusion? Is it worth watching regardless?

Attached: he man 2002.jpg (400x400, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2yuCc5c-I
youtu.be/3FKVC2DavEk
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmDfRyqJ-jXHIgOXglCjJKuQL09gxsICf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I really like the new She-Ra
good on you, it's a good cartoon.
>but I can't into 80s cartoons
give it a chance, user. I know that advertainment is fucking disgusting but this isn't Transformers or Thundercats. He-Man and She-Ra were fun PSA cartoons and even if they're too silly, enjoy them for what they are.
>Is there any chance the 2002 He-Man will get a proper conclusion?
nope
>Is it worth watching regardless?
I'm gonna say no. taking He-Man seriously was a bad choice and even today the most prominent and relevant version of MOTU comes from the Filmation series.

No, no toys no deal

>I'm gonna say no. taking He-Man seriously was a bad choice
Yet you praise nu-She-ra?
2002 He-man is fine for what it is.

Read the DC run that started in 2012. It's 69 issues and the closest you will ever get to a third season

the new She-Ra is a character-driven show, the story revolves around Adora, Catra and the other character's lives instead of the endless and inconsequential battle between the Rebellion and the Horde.
in my own opinion the 2002 He-Man never felt like a true protagonist, more like he was just a part of the good vs evil plot. it had good action but nothing was really keeping me interested and it's not charming or chuckleworthy like the Filmation series. it's more like the New Adventures series, as in "what if the Filmation He-Man was made considering what's popular today"

Also the Image series directly based on 200x (if you can find it). The bound volumes for series 1, 2, and Faces of Evil can be a bit pricy, though. Series 3 and Rise of the Snake Men never got collections.

Attached: 51TOnX0XCQL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (325x499, 33K)

They can use the new She-Ra cartoon to introduce He-Man, or tie the current cartoon with the 2002 version

No, they can't. They've been restricted to characters that appeared in Princess of Power only. Dunno why Mara of Primus gets the pass, though...?

>It's 69 issues

Attached: Jak laughs heartily.png (480x480, 87K)

2002 He-Man is pretty good barring the forced moral messages at the end of most episodes and Orko.

Fuck that noise. The current staff would take the gay-man meme seriously and make it all about pent-up homolust like they did with She-ra instead of making a good adventure cartoon.

great story, you learn a lot about lore

how skeletor become skeletor
why is snake mountan snake mountain
etc

only wish i had it in better quality :(

Attached: He-Man 01.jpg (1366x768, 130K)

Maybe because they can get away with certain things, like Eternia and Grayskull.

Maybe have Adam without him turning into He-Man.

Attached: HE-MAN (2002) 10 Dragon's Brood_1.gif (656x368, 936K)

It has pantyshots.

Attached: snapshot20090402210359.jpg (640x352, 44K)

i liked the backstory and motivation they gave skeletor, any future adaptation should keep that

>a reason to watch something

You're a disgusting piece of shit.

It wasn't the sort of show which really NEEDED a conclusion.

The 2002 He-Man series was so fucking good.

I'm gonna assume the restrictions are more specific than that, because IF they can use characters that appeared in POP, then they have access to He-Man, Skeletor, The Sorceress, Orko, Man-at-Arms, Beast Man, Trap Jaw, Snout Spout and the Rock People.

Quality

Season 3 was going to introduce Hordak and She-ra so I would liked to have seen a proper final season.

you're a faggot.

>taking He-Man seriously was a bad choice and even today the most prominent and relevant version of MOTU comes from the Filmation series.
this is also how I know that you've not seen the 2002 version.

He-Man should come back if and ONLY if they make it a show which really uses all the weird and crazy characters at their disposal.
I'm sick of Man-At-Arms, Teela, Evil-Lyn and Orko always being the front and center.

Focus on a few more obscure characters, maybe give us some new ones.

Also, one thing I didn't like about 2002 was that the emphasis was placed more on the magic aspect and less on the sci-fi. He-Man was great because it did a lot of both. Go back to having space adventures, include more robots, that kinda thing.

>¿AHORA TE GUSTAN LAS CHICAS?
>¡CLARO!
>¿EN SERIO?
>¡SI, POR QUE LAS GRANDES ME ROMPEN EL CULO!
>¡LA PUTA MADRE, IVAN!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1074x720, 51K)

I'm just saying, it didn't really go anywhere that meant 'oh I really want to see where they were going with that'. It was more like 'the snake men are attacking and he-man is fighting them'.

A He Man movie theoretically should print money. However we’re probably in for a CGI Bay mess mixed with the other attempt at a live action adaptation

>mixed with the other attempt at a live action adaptation

If that means Saurod and Blade come back, I'm down for that

The show runner said something like she didnt want to use He-Man and that this was just about She-Ra. She said some bullshit that "he wouldnt fit in" but thats horeshit, any decent writer could fit him in. I simply think they dont WANT to use those characters, not that they are restricted.

>She said some bullshit that "he wouldnt fit in"

He really wouldn't though. He-Man embodies over-the-top masculinity.
Do you REALLY think that would fit in in nu-Ra? And I'm not talking about the writing or plot, I mean the general atmosphere of the show. The most masculine character I've seen is Tunglashor, and thats about it

>He really wouldn't though. He-Man embodies over-the-top masculinity. Do you REALLY think that would fit in in nu-Ra? And I'm not talking about the writing or plot, I mean the general atmosphere of the show. The most masculine character I've seen is Tunglashor, and thats about it
This was allegedly drawn by someone who works on the show; if they ever redesigned He-Man to be like that, everyone would riot.

Attached: heman and shera reboot style.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

god that looks so fucking lame and boring

Exactly. That is not a "he-man."
Prince Adam, maybe. But then they couldn't even do that, because IF they included Prince Adam, sans Power Sword and secret identity, you'd open a different can of worms with folks asking "when's he gonna become He-Man?" and complaining about being blueballed because they "teased He-Man and didn't deliver".

It's funny, because he's the flagship character, but really, he is the only one that the She-Ra can't and shouldn't include. I think virtually every other character in the franchise could be adapted to fit in more or less, except He-Man.

Attached: HeMan Mike_Young_Teela_2002.jpg (704x576, 37K)

There was a bigass omnibus that collected them all to He-Man/Thindercats. Pretty good bang for the buck.

Attached: images (6).jpg (196x257, 7K)

>only wish i had it in better quality

If it was made a year later it probably would have been at HD resolutions.

All these cries for resurrecting old shows never works out. When they do come out, they're quickly forgotten. The Hey Arnold movie failed so bad it left the Rocko andZim movies to rot. FLCL got TWO new seasons and both made no impact at all. Just start fresh.

Man, I miss He-Man. That shit was my jam. We'll never get a return to Gi Joe either.

I feel like He-Man would make for a great gritty dark-fantasy.

>He-Man embodies over-the-top masculinity.

IDR He-Man coming off an arrogant, danger-seeking,sexist muscle-brained idiot in any incarnation of MOTU. Dude was clearly written as a father-figure role model if anything.

I stand corrected then.
I was looking more at his physical presence than attitude when making that post.

I really want my He-Man and She-Ra back!
And the fact that Yea Forums likes the disrespect to the series that is the new She-Ra makes me realize I'm the last REAL Grayskull, Eternia, She-Ra and He-Man fan in the world

Did anyone actually ask for new FLCL seasons?

Mark my word: He-Man will only appear in an after-credit scene of the last episode.

>Is there any chance the 2002 He-Man will get a proper conclusion?
sadly no, Mattel doesn't wanna push it because the toyline flopped, not super hard but wasn't a smash hit (doesn't help the toys weren't great)

The type of show that He-Man was just isn't in vogue anymore.
Straight/white/male protagonists are out, queer/brown/female protagonists are in.

Instead of being made to promote toys, cartoons today are made to promote how progressive the writers are; because retweets and upvotes are the currency of the now.

But you know what's NOT out of vogue?
Villain protagonist shows

Make a Skeletor cartoon. Make it lighter in tone (since villain protag shows usually are more comedic)

Focus on daily life on Snake Mountain, and the trials and tribulations trying to conquer Eternia.

He-Man is now not the focus, he is merely the obstacle that keeps Skeletor in check, and since he's not the star, you can just make him a pastiche of masculine paragons of virtue (I'm envisioning a more condescending version of BATB Aquaman), since current generation would lab up a character that lampoons a strong white male hero.

There you go. Masters of the Universe for current year without going to far against the core of the original.

Tl;dr, focus on Skeletor and be more comedic.

Found the Orger.

>mfw my name is Ivan

Bananero y la concha de tu madre

>Dude was clearly written as a father-figure role model if anything.
Yeah, over the top masculinity. You know, exudes strong presence and command, punches things several times his size, maintains a look of health and strength, goes on about doing the right and honorable and just thing, witty and full of one liners, masculine traits but cranked up to insane levels to where it almost seems like parody.

Jesus Christ, neo-nazis are fucking cancer. You fucking repressed homosexuals weren't around to complain about how Avatar and Samurai Jack were "cucking the white man" and how As Told by Ginger was "blacked.com propaganda" or Hey Arnold had "forced diversity."

Better Orger than fake Masters of The Universe fan like you.
I'm a pure and real fan, but please, keep watching that stupid ass show that is the new She-Ra, if nothing else we real fans know who is the real She-Ra

Real fans recognize that SHe-Ra was always cancer that plagued the franchise.
Focus on her show was why He-Man's was ended and why he was relegated to "co-star"
But please, tell us how youre a "real" He-Man fan while licking She-Ra's boots and "yass queening" that shit

Did I said I was an He-Man fan? You confuse me with someone else.
I'm a real She-Ra fan, something you don't see today.
But if you're a real He-Man fan you will agree the new She-Ra is more cancer than what you think of the old.
If you think new She-Ra is good you're not even a real He-Man fan

Do we real He-Man and She-Ra fans exists anymore?
Or the new She-Ra cancer made us forget?

I don't think they would let He-Man be taller or more physically imposing than She-Ra.

You know, I would like to talk for all the real Master of the Universe, Eternia, Grayskull, He-Man, She-Ra when I say fuck the She-Ra reboot for shitting on She-Ra and He-Man

Creator of the show is absolutely too scared of imposing males to do that. Her insecurity would be all over the place if they actually made him big and muscular.

For what is worthy I'm sorry for the original fans of He-Man, you deserve better than being mocked and insulted

That works for Adam but doesn't really work for He-Man. He needs to be less twink and more chad.

Prince Adam and He-Man needs to be what they're: an homage to Billy Batson and Captain Marvel, a kid that turn into an hero

>Is there any chance the 2002 He-Man will get a proper conclusion? Is it worth watching regardless?
No. They were going to bring back the Snakemen.

Attached: skeletor out.gif (560x433, 1.92M)

I'm really sad that the next gen will know He-Man and She-Ra by the new disrespectful versions.
Must be hard being a fan of the original He-Man and She-Ra with all the praise the new one get and all the hate the previous get

Skeletor had some cool moments in this show.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2yuCc5c-I

Attached: NYEH.jpg (325x245, 34K)

Read the He-Man comic he kills Darksied and injustice superman

youtu.be/3FKVC2DavEk

Not bad at all.

>spoiler
You know, I don't really see how the Snakemen, as a faction of their own, appeal to anyone.

Skeletor is all about the dark magic, and he has a cool assortment of unusual henchmen
Hordak is all about the super technology, and he also has a cool assortment of unusual henchmen

King Hiss? Isn't really any kind of sorcerer (I know he does have some magic, but it's not his MO like with Skeletor), has no real technology at his disposal, doesn't even have his own base of operations, best he can do is squat in Skeletor's house, his henchmen are just snakes, and they all, in essence, have the exact same power (one guy stretches his NECK, the other guy stretches his TONGUE, and this one stretches his ARMS!)

(I actually do like Kobra Khan, Rattlor and Tunglashor as individual characters, but all I'm saying is that as a standalone group and not as a henchmen to bolster either Skeletor's or Hordak's forces, the Snakes kinda suck)

What did Orko do this time?

It gets worse. Meet their creator and god.

Attached: nate-baertsch-motuc-unnamed-one_full.jpg (1200x1800, 462K)

That's hilarious. I approve.
Honestly, that's not a half bad design. "Evil Trollan" looks pretty cool

Attached: laugh.jpg (991x902, 60K)

I still use OG She-Ra's theme song as my phone's alarm.

>Must be hard being a fan of the original He-Man and She-Ra with all the praise the new one get and all the hate the previous get
Fuck off, 80s He-man fans has it easy and Mattel (well super 7) directly panders to you with MOTU collectors line, not to mention how they are still the first thing people think off when they hear He-Man

Snakemen are fun, they're the most direct Conan/barbarian throwback. Having the motley crew of villains in the Evil Warriors and Horde is nice and all but sometimes its nice to have a set of thematically similar villains. So I feel the opposite, as individuals the snakes aren't so interesting(except Kobra Khan, because his thing as being a descendant is neat) but taken as a race they're cool, and their basic theming is a nice change of pace to the more over-the-top designs of the later MOTU stuff. But I also like simple achetype designs that pop up like Battleground Teela.

>(doesn't help the toys weren't great)

They were, though, they just lacked articulation, which was still not fully implemented in toys like it'd be later. Marvel Legends were still new at the time.

the new She-Ra deserves the praise it gets, it stands on its own right with an original story and distinct character designs. it doesn't suck the dick of nostalgiafags and the 80's cartoon like the 2002 series, could it be that it failed because it wasn't trying to attract a new audience? it's hard to take anybody seriously when the "Ruthless leader of The Evil Horde" is wearing a fur loincloth and doesn't have deeper motivations than "I'M A BAD GUY".

>it's hard to take anybody seriously when the "Ruthless leader of The Evil Horde" is wearing a fur loincloth and doesn't have deeper motivations than "I'M A BAD GUY".
MOTU is inherently over the top and campy; you're a pleb if you can't appreciate this.
That's my main problem with Nu She-Ra, the writers don't respect the source material and think it needs to be "fixed". I am so tired of fantasy media that's ashamed of itself and constantly says "this premise/setting is stupid". See also The Last Jedi

Nu-Ra is an alternate timeline. Full stop. It is completely separate from and doesn't fuck with existing (and still expanding) canon. Both can- and do- exist at the same time.

>I really like the new She-Ra but I can't into 80s cartoons. Is there any chance the 2002 He-Man will get a proper conclusion? Is it worth watching regardless?
New She-Ra is better that what I was expecting. There are not many cartoons from the 80's that are worth watching, Thundercats is one of them, MOTU sadly it's not one of them. I blame Filmation.
I really don't think it will get a proper conclusion, It just lasted too little, and in a time when action cartoons were starting to die. Also, if I remember, there's a plan for a He-Man movie, and I hope there's more violence and a good story. Anyways, I'd watch it again. There's a lot of lore, pretty close to the level of New She-Ra. They fit pretty well together.

>the writers don't respect the source material and think it needs to be "fixed"
hard to believe given that they introduced Tung Lashor and made fun of him which is the right thing to do. Tung Lashor should be made fun of and they didn't do him wrong, he was a badass and ruthless bara Snake Man gang leader. THE STRONGEST IN THE CRIMSON WASTE! I love him.

>I am so tired of fantasy media that's ashamed of itself and constantly says "this premise/setting is stupid
you're fighting a losing battle and the SPOP team isn't actually ashamed of the characters they're working on. if they did they would be doing the exact same thing as the 2002 series: Skeletor is not a shrill-voiced whimp and Hordak gets turned into an edgy team-killing bore. instead Hordak has more depth to his character being motivated by proving himself not a failure to Horde Prime and being appreciated by Entrapta.

I myself prefer the Filmation Hordak and NuHordak versions over the generic bad guy serious Hordak.

Attached: 1565014549785.png (1108x616, 817K)

is nu-ra worth watching how true is this review youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmDfRyqJ-jXHIgOXglCjJKuQL09gxsICf

A reviewer I trust (won't shill) pointed out the writing being frequently incompetent, with supposed adult heroes making childish decisions all the time.

It's not bad at all, the first season was a drag, but that was due to worldbuilding and setting up the show. Season 2 was better when they really started introducing the Horde element in better detail and season 3 was where some pretty cool concepts and character arcs start to grow. But, it is "woke" I guess, but it's not bad at it like some on Yea Forums want you to believe and doesn't bash "straights". Yeah, it has gay couples but they aren't pandering trash and actually have personalities besides "we fuck the same sex".

The action is getting better, but it is a more character driven show.

>adult heroes
Nope, they actually are children this time around.

Not really, bad action, bad writing, bad worldbuilding and straight up shitty animation all around.

Just go watch the Siblings Sassing on youtube and you actually get to see it in action.

Older than 12. Is that more accurate?

Sure. Except for Frosta, she's canonically 11 years old.

If those shorts are Canon, she's also 12

>hard to believe given that they introduced Tung Lashor and made fun of him which is the right thing to do. Tung Lashor should be made fun of and they didn't do him wrong, he was a badass and ruthless bara Snake Man gang leader. THE STRONGEST IN THE CRIMSON WASTE! I love him.

This shows you don't know Tung Lashor or what the snake men are supposed to be. He is supposed to be a reptilian brutal leader. In comics and animated series he paralized He-Man and almost killed him. The new one is just a furry fanservice character, and if you like him we realize what you're.

>you're fighting a losing battle and the SPOP team isn't actually ashamed of the characters they're working on. if they did they would be doing the exact same thing as the 2002 series: Skeletor is not a shrill-voiced whimp and Hordak gets turned into an edgy team-killing bore. instead Hordak has more depth to his character being motivated by proving himself not a failure to Horde Prime and being appreciated by Entrapta. I myself prefer the Filmation Hordak and NuHordak versions over the generic bad guy serious Hordak.

You just described what the original Hordak was. He was the second master of the Horde, he kidnapped Adora as an infant for corrupting her with other slaves. Skeletor betrayed him and told to Etheria soldiers where find him. And Adora and Catra were the only orphans Hordak could take with him. All of this is only for proving to Horde Prime to be worthy of his command position. At end Hordak will fight Horde Prime and kill him, and so becoming the 2002 Hordak, the supreme leader of the horde. But please can you explain me how the new Hordak is better if he is just a science buddy with Entrapta? I like the Original Hordak so I don't know how can I like mediocrity

Attached: snakeattack-08.jpg (307x400, 48K)