How do you feel about the art style used in Steven Universe's pilot? Like it or think it's ugly?

How do you feel about the art style used in Steven Universe's pilot? Like it or think it's ugly?

Attached: Steven Universe Early Designs.jpg (800x721, 146K)

Less aesthetically pleasing, but more soulful overall

Damn he was thick as a brickhouse

I always liked Rebecka's more grungy style so yeah i like it

I loved it, always have loved Becky's personal artstyle.

Never was a fan but I respect the level of detail.

Looked better aside from the fact that pilotSteven looked like an adult midget

I feel like it fits the show more. Combine the models and design of the pilots' characters with the colorful-ness of the backgrounds and general aesthetic of the current show and you'd have the perfect artstyle. Not sure if that made any sense though.

For the story they where originally going to tell back then, its actually quite fitting. I wouldn't have minded a slice of life towny episodes if the artstyle gave it a comfy feel.

i loved pilot amy

Attached: FD8DBFD0-546F-4B11-A5C3-3B96025C2CF2.jpg (1917x1080, 285K)

fuck that turned out lower quality that i thought it would

Never watched this show. It's pretty ugly how it is now.

pilot reminded me of unicorn coloring books and magic eye posters and frankly that is an infinitely better vibe than whatever it became

I feel like OP should do this board a favor and kill itself.

>Look everyone! I said kys, do I fit in yet???

Steven looked like a 40 year old midget and Pearl looked like an ugly man.

I'm glad I saw it, and there were bits I liked. Garnet's hair was awesome. Pearl.

But man, Steven himself just made me feel uncomfortable. So sweaty looking...

looks more mature and loyal to sugar's style

I'm biased because I love Rebecca's personal style, but the original pilot was a lot more visually engaging to me

However its just not a cost effective (or really merchandisable, though thats more subjective) style, so I see why the current one was chosen
and i do find it somewhat appealing, even if its not my personal favorite

I mean, Rugrats had one of the ugliest styles imaginable for a kids product, and that was one of the most popular cartoons for children during its time. Enough to get, what, four movies?

ugly.
cartoons are ugly
all cartoons these days are just ugly

Big classic cartoon energy

Attached: bluto.jpg (1529x1136, 649K)

it's fine but the promo material designs were by far my favorite

Attached: steven.jpg (439x679, 69K)

Rebecca's artstyle is pretty fucking repulsive. Looks like shit from the ugly = real art with personality school of retarded though. Like EEnE was a good cartoon, but do you really think it wouldn't have been better if everyone in it didn't look extremely inbred?

I like it because of how much personality it has. the actual series feels like it's trying to have a personality but ends up with a lot of weird drawings/inconsistent proportions because there's too many chefs in the kitchen.

>when Amethyst was actually cute instead of a spherical pig

I miss those days

I think Garnet and Pearl improved the most while Steven and Amethyst kinda got a downgrade.

your take on ed edd n eddy is shit fuck your bait

it's closer to rebecca's "real artstyle" which i like

Talking seriously, I think the problem was sexuality. She was supposed to be the free spirit that lets Steven explore for himself as opposed to motherly caring Pearl and fatherly discipline Garnet. But a kid hanging out with a liberated hedonist wouldn't fly. So they just made her a glutton and a slob.

no dude

kek, your loss

>Pearl looked like an ugly man
I quite like the way she looks here: .

Do we have any more images of Pearl’s concept designs done between the pilot and the final series?

kek no

I still think they should have stayed with the old art style, is more unique and charming, also the colors are less saturated, is in general a better style.

Ugly but a very interesting and cool kind of ugly.
I am not sure if I prefer it over what we got since we only got a short glimpse but I wish I could have seen more of it.

kek yes

Steven Universe is unironically one of the greatest cartoons in television history.

Attached: 0368DC2F-E684-4643-AAA8-22464CCD44D6.jpg (2448x3264, 800K)

>do you really think it wouldn't have been better if everyone in it didn't look extremely inbred?
The interesting art style is one of the only good things about Ed, Edd n Eddy and a big part of why it considered a classic.

the show itself is ugly

>Anti-SU shitposting that somehow still doesn't answer the question posed
Peak Yea Forums post.

cope and seething

Steven trannies are so easy to trigger

I don't care about SU I just thought it was funny how you ignored what the thread was about.

looks exactly the same as the show, still just as butt ugly

>I don't care about SU
yeah right
>how you ignored what the thread was about
SU is ugly though

Interesting =/= ugly. It's easy to be different by drawing something ugly, it's fucking hard to come up with something new that also looks good. That's why people go for the former so often.

It's ugly, but Sugar's ugly art is really appealing in the right circumstances. Her Simpsons quotes comic is still solid gold.