Is this the greatest cartoon finale of all time?

Is this the greatest cartoon finale of all time?

Attached: eee.png (1040x585, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/animated/art/Big-Picture-Show-poster-154173865
youtube.com/watch?v=EuZsc4K85kU
youtube.com/watch?v=e2pfuSxXaMw
love-takes-work.tumblr.com/post/186576564387/the-goofy-movie-is-intense-according-to-the
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's close, but the greatest is pretty unarguably Adventure Time's. It got universal praise everywhere online and was considered a top 10 all time finale, not just cartoons.
It's very hard for a series finale to perfectly capture everything that made the show like AT's finale did

In terms of a comedy series I don't think anything even comes close really. If Spongebob had ended at the movie, maybe.

the cold open of this movie scared the shit out of me as a kid

Attached: bigpicture.gif (600x336, 1.35M)

I still consider Band Geeks to be the true end to SpongeBob and I don't think that'll ever change for me

yes

wind ambience makes anything cool and creepy

Attached: sprinkler.gif (600x338, 2.45M)

Can someone redpill me on why it’s so beloved? I didn’t watch much EEnE when it was on.

The real question is why is the DvD box cover art so fucked?

Attached: uTzcE2A6zuQtwINKb3sV9Mq4HMG.jpg (780x867, 231K)

Pretty much yeah, Antonucci’s a one in a million kinda guy, he did everything right.

it has a satisfying end

It's a movie that stays true to the show while slightly ramping up production values and providing the characters with a satisfying conclusion

Because it's a fan made poster
deviantart.com/animated/art/Big-Picture-Show-poster-154173865

The movie never got a physical release, only way you can buy it is through iTunes

Steven Universe's was better, also Jungle Movie.

Steven Universe isn't over and Jungle Movie, while satisfying, was notably rushed and the animation was a step down from the original show's.

Whoops I'm retarded. In that case it's cute.

Are they getting blowjobs?

I loved Change Your Mind, don’t get me wrong, but I feel it’s kinda hard to compare to BPS, though both are definitely up there, as for Jungle Movie? Nah, not top 10.

Attached: bait.png (326x244, 25K)

HA HA
WRONG

Attached: eddy big laugh.png (390x399, 345K)

SU isn't over, but I'm not gonna be the faggot who denies that CYM was an excellent finale to the first act. Still not as good as BPS, but close enough that it still reaches S+ tier..
Jungle Movie isn't even on the same level, tho.

Dexters Ego Trip and Destination Imagination come close (DI wasn’t the finale but it came pretty close)

Attached: B4415A36-F359-430A-AFCE-11525480395C.jpg (305x165, 10K)

fuck animation, what matters is the story and Jungle Movie was well written as the finale for Hey Arnold, he saves his parents and he's no longer on bad terms with Helga. In contrast, Eddie's brother was such a small part of EEnE so when he was revealed to be an abusive brother it only felt more strange than the entire movie was centered on meeting him.

The movie was never about Eddy’s brother. It was about a trio of friends trying to find a place where they could be accepted after never having been in their home. And they found a way to be accepted by their peers.

Yes, next thread.

what this movie taught me was that if people don't like me i need to victimize myself and get the shit beat out of me by someone that people like even less to make friends

I'd say this is terrible bait, but you got me to reply

here's your fucking (You), I hope you choke on it

Fuck if I know. I dropped the show well before it aired.

Yikes, imagine having such poor taste and such a miserable existence that you post in threads for shows you don't care about

*blocks your path*

Attached: bdvpfrhar4z21.jpg (1976x1125, 109K)

SO MOVE!

Attached: AF2B9ADC-79EA-44F2-AFB0-C5472DC8A2E3.jpg (347x209, 25K)

either it or Over the Garden Wall

Attached: 1T9SzPoLBwYIKCM76T7qsXD7Ncj.jpg (780x1170, 257K)

Attached: file.png (350x500, 333K)

That wasn't the finale of FOP nor was it meant to be, even if it should have been.

>It's very hard for a series finale to perfectly capture everything that made the show like AT's finale did
like cucking and lesbians
i remember when ice cing mindbroke marceline
goood tiimes

>That double-meaning in "it's about time"

Attached: 272.jpg (1440x900, 80K)

>rushed shitty fusions
>talked down a space tyrant with words even after the creator said it'd be different this time and so were the characters in the series

Sure. It gave closure to the Ed’s and let them be loved by the other kids.

A nice happy ending.

I have no clue why people are saying this is bait when it's blatantly just taking the piss.

The bar is that low, so yes.

>Being this painfully wrong

Attached: 1564852460641.jpg (448x456, 19K)

I think the real question is what the hell is with cartoons and making movies halfway through the show that would've been decent endings?

Based

It's a damn good one at the very least.
Not yet, but maybe soon.

Yea Forums is delusional as fuck, as usual.
>but muh comfy nostalgia for retarded Americans

NO cartoon finale has got anything on pic related.

Attached: Z is for Zenith.png (768x576, 346K)

And that is?

>I am many things, Kal-El - but here, I am God.

blew my mind as a kid

Attached: legacy.jpg (640x480, 27K)

The series finale of W.I.T.C.H.

Unironically more satisfying (and less retarded) than Sozin's Comet and Weirdmageddon combined. Having actual strict continuity throughout the entire show helps of course, that and not ending every season with a DEM

I'd say Regular Show is on par
youtube.com/watch?v=EuZsc4K85kU

And you just invalidated your post.

Good contender but no.

>rushed shitty fusions
obsidian is literally one of the best fusions in the show, the fuck are you on about
>why didn't the show about redemption and reformation follow my fanfiction where white diamond has a hitler mustache and gasses all the off-color gems?!
keep your wattpad account to yourself, e;r.
>creator says ambiguous thing that i misinterpreted
absolutely solid reasoning as to why it was bad m8

Attached: 1558478608957.png (500x523, 259K)

Attached: StrawMan2.jpg (600x450, 90K)

Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.

Not even close, retard.

Wander Over Yonder's was alright considering the circumstances

The scene where Father finally went full power against the KND is pure fucking kino.

I also cannot believe Sozin’s Comet isn’t like, the immediate alternate answer here. Yeah yeah energybending copout but the rest is such an incredibly well delivered sendoff for one of if not the greatest cartoons of all time. Even then the moment itself where Aang takes away Sozin’s bending is fucking breathtaking and feels like a sendup of the entire show’s meditations on power and balance.

Eddy's brother was an enigma the whole show. He was always referenced by Eddy,he generally was the one who taught Eddy or gave Eddy a lot of his scam stuff.
He was kind of a big deal.

I'm still pissed the physical release that was planned never happened. On that note, why the fuck has it taken CN so long to do a full series release of arguably one of their most successful IPs of all time?

There's a reason tv is dying.

>nor was it meant to be
But it was

Wander over Yonder had an alright season finale, but it's a disappointing series finale.
I don't blame the show for it, but that's how things happened because Disney execs are bunch of fuckwads.

absolutely based, im in tears at how good the timing on this post is

I think it's a problem mostly exclusive to kids TV networks. It's a problem Disney and Nickelodeon also have.
Literally the only CN shows to get a full series release are Powerpuff Girls and Adventure Time and that really sucks. (I'm was surprised Adventure Time even managed to get one so soon considering how irrelevant it is today)

Energy bending was OK it was the convenient chiropractic rock that makes me not consider it the best finale

Glad at least someone brought those two movies up.

Sadly the PPG movie didn’t really get why people liked the show. Movie played itself a bit too straight.

...Have any other CN shows ended with a movie? I can’t think of any others but it’s a great way to send a show off.

Didn't they have like 2 more seasons after ego trip

PPG didn't end with a movie though, it still had like 2 seasons after it. Even if it was the last PPG thing released, it's more like a prequel to the show if anything.

That's true, I think adventure Time got it because they know it sells merch.
Kids didn't give a shit about it but adults with money do/did.

I only saw it when it first aired but I remember not liking it. Might have been that I couldn't stop thinking about the show ending, Eddy's brother reveal felt like current subverting of expectations and also the kids forgiving the Eds so quickly felt cheap. I'd have preferred a final season to the movie.

>Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.
I liked the ending itself and the interview segments but even as a kid I thought that spending a huge chunk on the final episode just to show every minor character and villain competing for the cake, as well as introducing 362 asshole brother that dind't really do anything was a waste.

>spending a huge chunk on the final episode just to show every minor character and villain

That is a good finale though a send off to everyone

Speaking of PPG, the actual finale with the communist gnome was really weird

>That is a good finale though a send off to everyone
I feel that it has the same problem as the Seinfeld ending that is more of "hey, remember all of our good episodes?" intead of making the episode itself as good as those.

The Seinfeld finale was also good but not Yea Forums related. But I just like everyone showing up for a goodbye in the finales

Xiaolin showdown

Yes

>the yellow cheeseball not being crowned the kung fu king
thats all i remember and im still mad

Omi was shit. Raimundo deserved it more

This kills Starfags

>they don't even bother making promotional art for this standalone movie

No

Absolutely, yes. Blew my mind with how it ended as a plot twist to not just the movie, but the entire run of the series from its first episode as well. What a feat, well and truly.

The actual finale to the PPG is the 2008 special.

>109147393

People were expecting a grand finale with AT. It was so obvious because of it's deepest lore. Most other kid's shows especially from the early 2000s never got a finale at all. The episodes just stopped.

It's Eddy's scam GONE WRONG and the entire neighborhood is trying to fucking kill him Mad Max Fury Road style.

it was indeed a great ending

Yeah, but those were pretty much the Dexter equivalent to Spongebob's post-movie seasons.

>not the Gravity Falls finale

Attached: 0BEDCBDD-ED7A-4152-90DD-D8F95F1735BB.png (1125x886, 1.17M)

Attached: showy.png (1095x823, 893K)

If you replace praise with “disappointment” than yes, it truly was the “best” finale of all time

Yeah, not Weirdmageddon.

No, this is
youtube.com/watch?v=e2pfuSxXaMw

>I made you some soup, but it's cold.

Attached: tumblr_p4vpvtAai21spjdwjo3_400.jpg (270x320, 21K)

>lets take everything we built up and just take a huge shit on it.
Oh hey Alex.

Remember how Omi was always a little shit, and Raimundo showed his heroic heart early? In the GOLDEN TIGER CLAWS episode, he steals it from the vault so he can save Rio de Janeiro from a volcanic eruption and gets punished because he stole

Alright, here's your (you). You've earned it.

Attached: raffs in walrus.jpg (500x437, 42K)

>Make movie
>Intend it as your magnum opus finale
>Break status quo, big plot developments
>It's well received, popular
> Huge level of interest returns to your show
>Renewed for two seasons, stick the status quo back together, alternate between forumla and desperate gimmicks
>Cancelled.

Yes

The scene where Double D thought Ed and Eddy had drowned in the quicksand really fucked with me though. Brought up some bad memories.

Attached: c253caafe3e680e21f7a67e4343a1455.png (365x207, 155K)

of what?

I had a good friend in middle school that liked talking about cartoons and vidya, and we constantly quoted Spongebob and EEnE and shit. They drowned in the Pacific ocean over the summer break after Grade 6 while on vacation with their family. They never found him. When I saw the PBS on tv 4 years later, it regurgitated those feelings of grief, and I felt sad that he never got to watch it. Life is weird sometimes.

>claiming a strawman
>being on Yea Forums(nel) expecting a well reasoned response
pick one and only one

That's fucked up, man.

>gatekeeping what it means to be on Yea Forums
fuck off

>t. newfag

>Rush Your Ending
>Good

DIdnt Samurai Jack get one?

Been here since 2007 but okay

>Have any other CN shows ended with a movie?

Dexter before they decided to reboot it.

Not an ending. You can stop pretending the positive reviews didn't mentioned the rushed nature of the episode now.

LEL

>Good finales
Big Picture Show
Last But Not Beast + Ego Trip
Chowder Grows Up
The End of the Galaxy
Escape From Cluster Prime

>Ok finales
Operation Interview
Fish Out of Water
CI
Anywhere but Sumo

>Meh finales
Change Your Mind
Weirdmageddon

>Shit finales
Cleaved
Come Along with Me

Rebecca said it’s the ending to the show and was written as such and everything coming after is just extra material.

Incorrect, it's only the ending to one part of Steven's story.

BASED

>Ends all the character arcs
>Ends the main conflicts of the series
>Was written as the finale

Even if you don’t like it CYM is the finale. The same way the Spongebob Movie is the finale of the show even if it’s still going.

Considering there are stories happening past the movie (as well as during the timeskip) that doesn't really mean much. Things can change user, just because it was once something doesn't mean it is now. The first half of the story is indeed done but now we're entering the second half.

love-takes-work.tumblr.com/post/186576564387/the-goofy-movie-is-intense-according-to-the

Attached: 277617fc15001cf9ff7a9a46a2211d99.png (820x335, 61K)

Nigga what?

Steven’s arc: DONE
Pearl’s arc: DONE
Garent’s “arc”: DONE
Amethyst’s arc: DONE
Corrupted Gem plot: DONE
PD plot: DONE
Homeworld plot: DONE

Everything is done that was set up from the beginning. There’s like one season and a movie left which will probably be disconnected stuff.

old, but this was actually a good final

Attached: 51g3tiu+J6L._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 41K)

The rumor is nine seasons overall and Pearl's stuff isn't done at all. We still don't know why Pink lost her own Pearl and was specifically given CG Pearl for starters.

You can figure if out if you put together the pieces but nothing official yet

The only arc Steven's gone through is the self identity own anyway. Now he has to deal with big boy problems if what Zach's said about his and Steven's arcs being similar

Not to mention
>Jasper
>Gems and humans living together (Beach City obviously isn't getting rebuilt in the movie)
>What's in the chest?
>What about the zoo humans?

And other such things.

*if what Zach's said about his and Steven's arcs being similar is true

Rebecca can eat shit for ruining best girl White Diamond

Extended EEnE adventure with increased budget and finally lets us see who the hell was Eddy's brother.

>We still don't know why Pink lost her own Pearl and was specifically given CG Pearl for starters.

This is something that’s irrelevant and doesn’t need to be answered.

>Jasper
No reason to fight anymore
>What's in the chest?
Irrelevant and already proven to be
>What about the zoo humans?
Irrelevant

The only thing that will probably be shown is town and gem interaction which is largely irrelevant too because they’re mainly just multicolored quirky women who really aren’t that different from humans anyway.

Surely you jestin

Attached: 1552600937324.png (1069x930, 724K)

>switched the ships around to fuck with everyone
The madmen.

FoP has like four different finales
>Channel Chasers
>Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 3
>Wishology
>Grow up Timmy Turner

I don't remember that part. Was 3 married to 2 or something?

>I don't like it? Irrelevant
Scintillating response user. If you were going to eat your own dick you could've done so from the start and saved us both the trouble.

Where the hell did you get I don’t like it from? Those things are literally irrelevant to the story. Did you miss Lion 4 where it laid it out openly?

>Was 3 married to 2 or something?
The entire episode implies that but at the end 4 says "what don't you hug your own wife" and 2 goes "What? Oh, you are not Abby" and goes with 5

>(you)

Ego Trip was fucking amazing.

But I guess that doesn't count.

The message was about Eddy realizing that being a greedy and bully piece of shit was not making him "cool and edgy", he was just being an asshole and being alone.

10/10

Each one drastically worse than the previous one.

Recess had two finales, School's out and Taking the Fifth Grade

you kinda have to watch them together to appreciate it

Neither of them are very good.

blasphemy

They’re really not.

honestly I still have no idea what Wishology is about.

I've been told like eight to seventeen times about it at this point
and i still have no fucking idea off the top of my head
like, what the fuck even happens
i can tell you what happens in channel chasers
i can tell you about Grow Up Drake Bell
I have a vague recollection of jimmy timmy pimmy himmy thrimmy

i don't know what the fuck is wishology about

Uh, basically it’s just based off movie trilogies. Timmy has to stop this bigasss Darkness from destroying everything.

They are.

> Has a genuine set up for Timmy to experience growth as a character and he even gives this whole speech of how even if he'll forget his fairies as an adult, he'll remember to do better with his kids than his parents did with him.

> Immediately cuts to the future showing the fairies wipe those memories too and he's just as bad.

I love the special but shit, FOP seemed to constantly throw shit at itself that brought the whole point of the premise into question and make everything nice that happens feel really hollow since it all apparently didn't matter.

Fucking hell, is Big Picture Show really the best we have? Don't get me wrong, I love the show and finale, but how does a series with barely any continuity or actual time progression beyond "going back to school" have such a great finale compared to other cartoons?

No. Taking the Fifth Grade flops hard past the first part with a Halloween ending. That’s not the spirit of Recess.

>fun isn't the spirit of recess
ok

Sozin's comet was garbage.

Yeah you’re right. I immediately think of Halloween when I think of Recess, not TJ’s plans, not Gus’s obsession with powers. I think of Igor the sweet tooth vampire bat.

Most cartoons get canceled randomly or rush through their finale. My fav cartoons, (DCAU) suffer from this. BTAS's last ep is meh. Superman's is good, not outstand. Batman Beyond sucks. Destroyer is awesome, though it leaves you wanting more. Static's finale is goodish. Nicktoons usually had bad ones. Avatar tried to have a good finale but failed. On the Disney side, I recall people liking Kim Possible. Though no one has mentioned it in here. Cartoon Cartoons, outside of Ed, Edd, N Eddy, most shows ended with an underwhelming finale. Even Samurai Jack which was brought back solely to end it, wasn't the best ever. The thing is TV shows often have disappointing final season/episodes. It's a rarity for a show to save the best for last.

Wrong

>we will never live in the timeline where Invader Dib got finished and ZAGR was unironically going to happen with them ruling the Irken Empire.

Right. 3 seasons of Aang learning the elements all for deus ex BS. Why even bother learning them when the other avatars could have just fought for him the whole time? Season 2 ends with dilemma of Aang having to let go of attachment. nah fuck that rock formation. Pacifist Aang faces dilemma of having to kill. Convenient solution is found off screen at the last minute, like the writers didn't have 3 seasons to properly build up to that lion turtle. it was lazy. Aang and Katara's forced romance shoved down the audience's throat.

you sound like a major faggot

But Igor was such an integral part of Recess. Heart and soul of the show.

Doubling up on my opinion now

No.

Attached: MV5BMTgzODAwNTMzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI4MDcwNw@@._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

What about Avatar: The Last Airbender? Ignoring the shitty live action film, Korra, and the upcoming Netflix reboot.

imagine lying on the internet

is that krypto the fucking super dog

That's because 99% of the movie is running away from the bad guy's invincible minions, making it very boring and forgettable. I think it just gets brought up by the people that wanted the show to end on Timmy kissing Trixie Tang like some SvTFOE tier shit. I don't know why the Jimmy Neutron crossovers get cited as finales either, since they were even forgettable. They're both status quo endings.

Channel Chasers has its ups and downs but as said the ending is kind of dark even though its trying to be funny. On the other hand, the Grow Up Timmy Turner movie was the opposite end of wholesome/"everyone wins", but the fact it was live action turns away most people. I think it would've been a decent ending otherwise.

>(you)

This is why RS is better than AT

Attached: 15226517_1625182567784600_1397631649_n.gif (320x200, 1.47M)