So what's Yea Forums's opinion about The Mask animated series?

So what's Yea Forums's opinion about The Mask animated series?

Good or not?

I remember it fondly

I found villains to be really weird like a bunch of rejects from other shows
like that guy who was only a head on robotic spider legs, wtf
and that duo of a guy who was like clayface and his fish freinds
and that you were supposed to be sorry for that fish guy because he was so pathetic magikarp tier wtf

and generally it was rehashing jokes from the movie and how Mask wants go to the Coco Bongo so much

Attached: the-mask-animated-series-d5d8d5ac-02bf-45f6-bafb-09ad09ed8fa-resize-750.jpg (552x405, 55K)

Not bad, but I prefered The Tick

Oddly decent. One of those shows that gets better as the seasons progress. They eventually stopped referencing the movie so much and go all-in on the cartoony antics.

Fun but would've been better without subplots about Stanley's life

>like that guy who was only a head on robotic spider legs, wtf

And voiced by Tim Curry.
>Mr. Ipppppkiss.

>I found villains to be really weird like a bunch of rejects from other shows

I got this impression too, and it was probably why I was never a big fan of the show.

The Mask fighting supervillains always seemed kind of "off" to me
For me, The Mask works when he is a mundane, realistic setting in which he is the only character out of place

I like it. Production values were decent and the acting was superb. Funny at times.

It's comfy watching.

What the fuck? I thought you were joking but there really was an animated series for The Mask? How did I miss this?

I like how the show often explored the workings of the mask.

Because they're people in here that knew the mask as a movie and animated show, not the comics.

Even the original comics had Walter.

Pretty decent. My rankings are Movie>cartoon>>original comic>>>>>Son of the Mask.

Back in the 90s they often had ton of TAS of 90 movies. Like Beetlejuice, Godzilla, The Mask, The Addam’s Family.

I don't really consider Walter "super powered"
Like, yeah, he's a freak of nature, but he's not on the same level as a mutant fish guy or a man who can inflate himself like a balloon

you were not born yet

Good

This is also why the sequel really doesn't work. The Mask doesn't really work when everything else is cartoony. You can have some elements and people shrugging off weird events, but when the world is full of supernatural events its less special.

The episode with the weird time vortex that he was stuck in fucked me up as a kid. Especially since I saw it at like, 5 in the morning cause I always got too excited for Saturday Morning Cartoons.

Remember the crossover with the Ace Ventura cartoon? Good times, man. Back when Saturday mornings still had meaning.

It also makes it weird to see most people living totally normal lives, despite supernatural and zany stuff apparently being common around them.

There was one episode with a shadow thief kid, and I liked how they connected him to the Mask's backstory, explaining that he knew a previous owner of the Mask and resented Stanley for taking it. That would've been a better compromise imo: other magic things exist, but they're specifically related to the mask and its lore.

I think that was necessary to balance out the Mask stuff.

They had a pretty good mix of the movie (Peggy, Charlie) and the comic (Walter)

Pretorious

Decent show. Norman, Pretorius and Puttything & Fishguy were all fine villains, can't remember any others so those probably sucked.

What about the comics based on the cartoon?

Attached: bombshell.jpg (1067x1600, 524K)

The best episodes were always the ones where someone else would get the mask and go on a rampage, while Stanley had to come up with some plan to take it back. And there were many such episodes.

Probably because the Mask is too overpowered to work as a protagonist. He's basically omnipotent. The show sort of lacked tension whenever it was just the Mask versus a conventional supervillain.

I think my favorite episode was the one where the Wayne's World parody villain got the mask. The show shits on him constantly in every episode he's in, so that moment was pretty cathartic. Although one of those Wayne's World guys had the same voice actor as a Ninja Turtle and I couldn't unhear it.

There were also some episodes where the Mask would have to fight himself, like the one with the high school bully who had one half of the mask or the one with the Ross Perot parody in the future. Those episodes usually had some pretty crazy fight sequences since it was basically a battle between two omnipotent beings.

All I remember about it is Cookie BaBoom.
Naturally, I recommend it.

Attached: Cookie_BaBoom.jpg (640x480, 35K)

absolutely based

Attached: CookieBaboomInfamousSceneImage.png (1024x768, 484K)