You guys ever wonder why Hercules isn't a bigger deal in comics...

You guys ever wonder why Hercules isn't a bigger deal in comics? He's like the original "superhero" (despite the shit he did in the original myth). Sure he's more prominent in Marvel, but still greatly overshadowed by Thor. In DC he's either a villain, or in recent issues just dead, which is odd considering how Greek focus Wonder Woman can be.

So I suppose my question is, would you like to see more of Hercules in either Marvel or DC?

Attached: Marvel's Hercules.png (1140x2004, 1.65M)

He had a pretty major role in Avengers: No Road Home, but yeah I wish we could see some more Herc

Because we have Thor, who is effectively Herc with all of the cool lightning powers like Zues

Yeah but with Hercules you got godlike strength, a cool war club, and a Nemean Lion pelt that can brush off most attacks. But I get it, Thor has better gimmicks going for him.

Attached: Hercules DC.jpg (1988x3056, 1.33M)

i enjoy hercules because of his personality. he's more reckless and cocky than thor. this leads to funnier moments.

Attached: 1550424010730.jpg (1440x2217, 673K)

I wish him and Amadeus would team up again. Especially with him as the Hulk

same. they were great together. chulk showed up in herc's most recent book, but nothing came of it.

Attached: 1548519549409.jpg (1244x1587, 437K)

Hercules WAS a big deal in the 70s & 80s Avengers & Thor comics. Maybe you faggots should read them

Hey jackass, OP post is referring to NOW. For the past 30 years he hasn't been all that significant

I love how unimpressed Laura is.

I'm disappointed that the rumors of Hercules being in the Eternals movie haven't panned out

Herc rules, I hope Ewing does something cool with him

Attached: hercu.jpg (891x821, 284K)

Marvel Hercules looks like someone naive. I wish they had used him in MCU so Thor wouldn't be known as a joke right now.
Also, he is straight and Ares should be more used too.

Attached: images.jpg (449x682, 68K)

Oh really, in what? Jane Foster Valkyrie or Immortal Hulk?

Well she was a hooker

The end of No Road Home teased a thing and I think he mentioned in interviews plans for Herc

The somewhat recent solo seemed promising, but after a few issues it seemed to be nothing but a lazy attempt to retread Fraction's Hawkeye with Hercules instead so I dropped it. I did really enjoy Herc just having a life and hanging out with Gilgamesh in modern New York conceptually though.

honestly this is one of the greatest pages in Marvel history, all the reactions are just perfect. You even have the guy who will come out as gay acting so unsure of himself

he's basically turned Herc into a New God now, wonder where that will go

>Wonder Woman
Herc is an important figure to the back story, but otherwise doesn't matter.

He got a lot of spotlight following Civil War.

Because Marvel made 616 Hercules a joke character. Then attempted to turn him into a serious character and took away the traits that made him Hercules. Hercules is suppose to be the God of Strength, and yet he is sometimes portray as weaker than Thor and always weaker than Hulk. Ultimate Hercules is better in that aspect in that he is shown to be legit stronger than Hulk.

DC made Hercules a rapist that is physically weaker than Wonder Woman but can overpower Superman, a being that is physically stronger than Wonder Woman. Inconsistencies.

Attached: 4746612-braking herbie bots is as boring as braking any neck.jpg (3975x3056, 2.22M)

Incredible Herc was a good mix of comedy and adventure, it made Herc stand out. too bad the run ended with that shitty chaos war event.

everyone afterwards have been trying to recapture that feel but ultimately failing.

cool story bro

same

he's not supposed to be god of strength

In DC, both Hercules and Heracles exist and are separate people. One of them is a villain, the other on is dead I think. I can't remember which is which, but I think Hercules is the villainous one.

Yeah that did seem like it was starting to go somewhere. Having Herc be (mostly) depowered but still retaining his centuries of training and a boatload of artifacts to back him up was an interesting twist.

Watching him go from washed up joke of a god to slowly putting himself back together as a (much wiser) hero would have been a great read.

isn't his cock still supposed to be one of the biggest in marvel?

Attached: 1563027456831.jpg (500x1049, 186K)

Not as big as Volstagg's

Probably doesn't matter
Once you've seen enough cocks, I doubt there's much to get overly excited by

Now I miss avengers academy too. Why can't we have nice things?

I still can't get over the fact that DC erased an existing gay character to make Alan gay

Isnt he an eternal?

This a problem with Big2 writers in general. Bendis killed off Rhodes and Tony because he wanted a black Iron-man. All while ignoring the existence of Rhodes's niece, who is already super intelligent, capable of building a full functional power armor, and most importantly actually have an established connection with Rhodes and Tony.

No, but he is definitely a Kryptonian.

Attached: super stare.png (359x507, 94K)

With Bendis it's royalties.

How?

>implying a hooker hasn't seen all sizes in her line of work

Attached: volstagg full frontal.jpg (412x648, 80K)

I'm glad they haven't, since the rumor said he would be gay. If you're going to go that route, he should clearly be pansexual. Have him make his daddy proud and try to stick his cock in anything that moves.

Didn't Bendis say he killed Rhodey because the Civil War trailer made him think movie Rhodey would die?

>mettle

>why don't roasties and soiboys use the zenith of manliness in their comics
I have no idea.

>reading any big 2 past 1992
Full retard eats shit and gets mad that it tastes bad

My "dream Avengers lineup" has Hercules in. I think he's a great character, even though Thor being more prominent is kind of inevitable (introduced earlier, flashier powers, pantheon that isn't competing with Wonder Woman). But, yeah, I'd like to see a return to the Avengers lineup being mostly people without solos so we can get some Herc.
Have sex. With Hercules, preferably.

Roman and Greek pantheons are similar but different

Cos Marvel sucks?

That is dumb.

I was unironically hoping for a phase 4 Hercules MCU movie. They did cover different realms with the last Thor movie and with what happened to the norse pantheon and Thanos it would have been interesting to see the greek pantheon's reaction to it. For multiple reasons.

But now I guess they'll never do it. They'd rather do movies for Z-listers like Shang-Chi.

>Z-listers like Shang-Chi
Shang had his own comic for nearly a decade.

Yeah a z-lister would be someone who appeared in 1 issue in the sixties, Shang-Chi is probably C/D

I can live with C.

that concept is why the avengers were basically shit until fucking bendis made them the justice league

He popped up more than once in Superman back in the '50s; most likely DC's editors were gauging the audience reaction to his appearances to see if cashing in on the sword and sandals craze would be a good move for them.

Uhm?
Do you know a hero called Captain Marvel that got his powers from sHazam?

Hercules is puny!
Use the chad Hercle!
The one that drinking from the mighty breast of Juno granted him super strenght!

Attached: 220px-Uni_et_hercle.jpg (220x258, 28K)

In the Silver Age Superman used to hang out with Hercules and Samson

Gilgamesh is the first superhero.

Attached: Forgotten-One-Gilgamesh-Marvel-Comics-Eternals-Avengers-b.jpg (500x990, 104K)

Samsom is the first superhero

Was the mythological Thor a superhero? Or marvel just culturally appropriated his name?

I know. I was just exaggerating since I am a little bit shocked and disappointed.

>They'd rather do movies for Z-listers like Shang-Chi.
Good one, fellow comic reader. Shang-Chi is such a nobody.

Shang Chi has comics, yes.
But the Shang Chi comics are crap

>erased an existing gay character to make Alan gay
They didn't
They erased him to make Alan young

Idk that worth anything anymore with aaron's retarded cavemen avengers.

Why? Jupiter was worshipped along with Zeus during the time. The romans being hellaboos and attributing the hellenic traits to their gods came later. Its like kal el v kal l

What does that have to do with anything? He’s named dropped, big deal

Where's my Herc & She-Hulk teamup book where they go on goofy adventures? Fuck.

>Herc & She-H
None of them is goofy anymore.
If they had a team book, it would about Hercules apologizing to Jen for the way he objectified her.

Rent free

I just want a non shit Shulkie book

Captain Marvel has the power of Hercules, so we have a famous Hercules in comics

That was never the debate you retard. OP already acknowledges Hercules exists in both DC and Marvel. Learn to read.

Yes it is. Op say that, in dc he is not a big deal
When Cap Marvel got his powers from him

Physical presence and character, moron. The best he had was Hercules Unbound and rivaling Wonder Woman once upon a time. Beyond that, he’s not all that significant.

He has never been a big name.

She’s seen a lot of cock in her day.

So did new, Jew, SJW Marvel turn him into a cocksucking faggot yet?

>They'd rather do movies for Z-listers like Shang-Chi.
When will you accept that all of them are Z-list?
The only Hercules people know is the one for the Disney cartoon

Hercules according to Plato was bisexual and used to make gay orgies

Friendly reminder that Hercules cucked Superman

Attached: Action_Comics_279.jpg (400x584, 66K)

Yes but Hercules and Erackles stories are different from eachothers, it doesn't make sense

How would you use Hercules in modern day DC? Should he be a Wonder Woman supporting character since they’re half siblings?

Based Herc

Either making him ressurect by Billy Batson giving back sHazam powers and then making him Wonder Woman rival

You do realize Billy doesn’t literally make Zeus powerless when calling upon him, right?

Oh. Oh user, you don't have to rub shit into your hair for attention; we love you no matter how retarded you are.

>the power of Hercules
Strength. The *strength* of Hercules, and the power of *Zeus*, you goddamned fucking filthy casual.

Kevin Sorbo says "Fuck you".

Plato usually isn't cited for his Theology, especially due to his unorthodox views of how the gods worked compared to other Greeks such as Hesiod or Homer

Hey, if Superman in a comic is vegan and in another eat meal does that means he has never been vegan?

I'm talking about Hercules not wanting a boy to have his strenght anymore

Let him have adventures with Samson and Superboy and The Avenger!

Attached: RCO013_1469455872.jpg (916x1420, 711K)

Your ideas are shit

Why?
What is wrong with it? You can connect that to Wonder Woman

He’s already connected to Wonder Woman you dunce

But not connected Shazam to Wonder Woman

Billy and Diana have met several times in the past, and have already touched on the shared pantheon. Read a book

Tell the me the comic and the issue then

Companies that make their money off of being IP farms tend to not want to waste the spotlight on characters who are public domain.

Still coulda made him a lil kid. Maybe just make Alan married and with children.

I still think during that "one major DC character will be gay now" promo they should have made The Riddler gay. He's already flamboyant in the costumes and even gay his focus would be riddles.

No, he was a superhero too. Though norse gods generally thought positively of humans, they didn't really interact with them except for mainly Thor. Thor really loved humans and took it upon himself to defend them from the Jotunn which would come down from the mountains to devour people.

>Please spoonfeed me
No

I really miss this book sometimes.

I'm glad we got it at all, even as it was going on I knew it would never make it. It was too pure.

I forgot about him.

Then you can't say that Wonder Woman and Cap Marvel interacted

Yes, I fucking can because it’s a damn fact.

Then prove me with the name of the comic and the issue or shit never happened

Alcaeus/Alcides is derived from "alke" which means "strength."

>Casual gets mad because he isn’t getting spoonfed
>Demands that because he’s never read it, it therefore never happened
Kindly fuck yourself with a garden rake

I win, you can't name a issue of them interracting, I won and you will always know it

But does he have God hand?

>Hurr durr I win
Whatever you have to tell yourself, casual. Why don’t you just wiki it like everything else?

Why don't you do it?

See now you’re just resorting to shitposting just to save face. Just admit you got called out making stupid statements about how Billy and Diana interacted and let’s call it a day.

Attached: hercules and she-hulk.jpg (663x1024, 180K)

I’m not very up on comics but doesn’t Marvel have Conan, and wouldn’t he pre-date Gilgamesh? Then wasn’t Crom running round dealing with eldritch horror type beings too? Both could be considered super heroes to some extent.

I'm fine with how much he is used in Marvel, he is somewhat always around and he'll be part of a major storyline next year.

DC should use more greeks myth in general, considering WW is now even more linked to them.

Yes, I was wrong, you're great and you won.
Now show me the comic

This
They can do mostly the same stuff but Thor is more flashy
it's a shame though because Thor and Herc working together as bros is good shit

No it is either something new or the next Avengers: No (blank) story since the last one had the greek pantheon having their own "ragnarok"

Herc has some cool relics
>Lion pelt that can brush off nearly anything
>Arrows dipped in poisonous hydra blood
>War club
>Shit shovel

They played with the concept of modern gods better than the American Gods tv series imho
Don't think they'll ever try that storyline again now that the series is a thing.

>Still coulda made him a lil kid
Who cares about little kid Obsidian (and Jade)? We want super hero young adult Obsidian, which is impossible with young Alan.
An old gay Alan could have children. He could have realised he was gay after fucking Jade and Obsidian's mom. Then she goes away while pregnant and you're back to Jade and Obsidian being Alan's estranged kids.

No they are pretty much the same except for some stories (but thos have variation even between the greek mythos itself) the Romans knew they were worshipping greek gods.
Their only difference is that some gods are present in one and not in the other.

It is not like he is in an exclusive club or anything

More cosmic adventurer Hercules soon my friends.

Attached: Avengers-No-Road-Home-10-spoilers-Olympian-Gods-3-Hercules[1].jpg (1987x3056, 1.61M)

he is kinda hot

>DC made Hercules a rapist

He was the OG rapist.

Erackle was a rapist, Hercules not

the outfit is starting to grow on me

>the OG
Doubt, that would be Zeus

Zeus was literally the father of "7 nos and a yes, means yes."

That's because it was the god of the barbaric greeks, we romans had a pure and noble god: Jupite

Sorbo was a shit tier Herc.

Needs the cloak

You said it. Fuck Hercules.

Attached: Incredible Hercules.jpg (465x720, 89K)

So he is a fucking Eternal?

WHO PUTS THE GLAD IN GLADIATOR~?