Rewatching the series...

Rewatching the series. This scene was always weird to me as it was odd that Ozai would toss away one of his biggest weapons. But now I know why he did not let her come with him at this moment. After Zuko told his father than Azula lied to him, he saw her as a schemer who may try to backstab him like he did his father for the throne. She was too much like him to the point that now she was a burden like Zuko. Ah, it makes so much damn sense now.

Attached: 1534333624841.gif (500x380, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=us-4plMKd9U
mattstoller.substack.com/p/the-slow-death-of-hollywood
youtube.com/watch?v=4oVceepxlBk
youtube.com/watch?v=HgGh1L-2xC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did Ozai ever loved anyone or is he just a psychopath?

I mean, we shit a lot on Urza (and rightfully so). But we rarely talk about this guy.

I assume he loved his wife, so as much a man loves a concubine.

I still stand by the fact that he loved Zuko the most. A son is his father's greatest treasure.

just finished it a few days ago and just caught up with the post series ATLA comics. And I have to say Im glad they are remaking the series on netflix, glad because this point is pretty much or close too the peak of Netflix and they not only have the money and resources, they got the original creators as well. I not a big fan of what netflix brings out with its originals but I feel ATLA will be too good to mess up.

Attached: RCO050.jpg (1365x2048, 428K)

>I still stand by the fact that he loved Zuko the most
Because nothing says "I love you, son" like permanent disfigurement, banishment, and orders to bring him back to the fire nation dead or alive.

We don’t talk about him because he’s really more of a cardboard cutout than a character. The show works fine with him as he is because there are so many other well rounded characters around him, but the guy just isn’t interesting.

Is he a sociopath? Yeah, probably. But there’s not much to discuss about him concerning that.

haha. this is bait, right?
>ATLA will be too good to mess up
Uh huh. You do know about the movie, right?

meh , doesnt hurt to be hopeful

Attached: 1468524114731.gif (200x170, 2.9M)

Just the opposite. Having reasonable expectations is a good idea. Setting your hopes too high, on the other hand, is bound to lead to disappointment.

Ozai was honestly very patient with Azula, more patient than you'd expect. When she started to sperg out instead of anger he just explained himself in a way that wouldn't hurt his feelings, he purposefully spoke slowly so she would understand.
>It's a very important job that I can only entrust to you.
I think he may have been aware that she wasn't all there.

Attached: Ozai-Azula.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

>Setting your hopes too high, on the other hand, is bound to lead to disappointment.

Yep, I think based on what happend with the movie and the current availability of resources we will get something that is pretty good for a live action adaption.

>remaking the series on netflix
huh?

Attached: CE34CC59-FADB-4EEB-B137-4B5C65BF929A.png (280x180, 18K)

Attached: 6084b1679f2a613d8bf35dc1d0b3132ebb25ebfe.jpg (658x635, 66K)

> His first day on the job, and Onta was already past nervous. He was positively terrified. He thought he could handle prisoners. That was what he was expecting. But the fire empress? The Phoenix Queen? He didn't care if she lost her power in every sense of the word or not. He was close to making his brown pants a new shade of the color.
> He takes a deep breath right before entering the cell room. To the left, he notices the cell. That was as much as he was willing to look at. He takes his spot beside it, and stands guard.
> "Is that you Rin? Have you gotten more goodies for me, dear?"
> Onta gulps. Should he respond or stay silent? He doubted she was a patient woman so he was cleaning to the former.
> "You know I hate being ignored, Rin. It makes me upset. You don't want to make me upset do you?" she inquired. Onta gulps again. That pushed him to the edge.
> "No it's not Rin, miss Ozumi. He's been transferred."

> "Such a pity. I suppose the lovestruck fool went blabbing about our special relationship, didn't he?"
> Onta was in no mood to answer. She just decided to confirm her own suspicion anyway.
> "I suppose he did otherwise you wouldn't be here. All I wanted was some chocolate, and it took a little effort to convince him the risk was worth it. Next thing, he's bragging about having his way with the fire empress."
> Onta wanted to remind her of her title being a past one, but he held back his tongue. It seemed like the wise idea.
> "Did he tell you that and all the others?"
> "I-I wouldn't know, miss. It's my first day on the job."
> "Oh, you poor thing. All alone with me on your first day? What incompetence is going on?" she asked. Onta sharply inhales. He starts to sweat a little.
> "I-I'm not sure, miss. I just do what I'm instructed."
> "well, if it were me on that throne. This would not happen. Not meaning to offend you, guard."
> Onta keeps his stare at the wall. It's silent for a moment. He sighs in relief when he thinks she's done conversing.
> "Your name isn't guard is it? Should I keep calling you that?"

> "Onta sighs in frustration. Wishing he could have any other prisoner to guard.
> "I heard that." she hissed. He straightens his posture on reflex. Even though she could not see him.
> "You find me boring do you? Well, I hope you can be okay with me calling you bny your boring name."
> The thought of hearing his occupation being treated as a term of reference did not sit well with Onta. Especially if she wasn't planning on keeping quiet any time soon.
> "Onta. That's my name."
> A quiet giggle made him feel a little insecure. "Onta? What village did you dag your knuckles out of?"
> Onta quietly rolls his eyes. How in the four nations did Rin risk so much for this a woman this insufferable?
> "Oh come on, dear. It's just a joke. I know you didn't like it. You didn't even giggle."
> Onta responded impulsively. In the very first thing that struck him as politeness in his mind.
> "I didn't mind it, miss Ozumi."
> "Oh? Then why didn't you laugh?" asked Ozumi. Onta pulls at his collar.
> "I heard it before." Partly a lie. He's heard jokes aimed to jab him from Fire Nation citizens before. Just not this particular one. To him, it was just as funny as the rest.
> "Oh, I suppose I was a better fire empress than a comedian."

Originally he most likely loved his wife, son, and daughter until the comics changed all that and made him a complete sociopath who would burn his own child.

> Onta silently disagreed. After all, she's the one in the cell.
> "But I'm in this prison. Is that what you're thinking, Onta? Well, let me tell you this for consideration. What if there was no Avatar?"
> Onta didn't see the point in hypotheticals. He lives most of his life under the rule of the ex-fire empress. In his mind, it wouldn't have been much different from what he already saw of it on the ground level.
> "I'd keep things in order. I really was good at that."
> Onta could not help but think of the many executions, battles, and massacres that rested on this woman's head for that order. If the state of the world during the one hundred year war could be called "order."
> "Oh, you don't agree? None of the other guards did.."
> "I-I didn't say that, miss Ozumi."
> "You didn't need to. So be it." she said.
> Onta started to get really nervous. Despite the state Ozumi was in now, he did not forget the power she once had. How could he? Just the memory was giving intimidation an advantage.

stole

> Some time passed. It was silent until the whistling started. Onta wasn't entirely certain of what she was whistling. Familiar songs, but none he could name. He was a little surprised that, so far, she isn't whistling the Fire Nation anthem.
> "I'm so bored of this, Onta. Especially the whistling. It's one of the only things that can keep me entertained in this filthy cell."
> Onta started to wonder what the other methods could be. Especially since there was so little for her to use in the way of facilities.
> 2Like what?" he asked.
> Ozumi chuckles, deeply and sinisterly.
> "You really wish to know? Well, let me get my mind n order."
> Onta raises a brow in confusion. He was tempted to check the contents of the cell with his own eyes just to see what she could be using.
> It didn't take long before he didn't have to keep wondering. The quiet, wet slapping sounds and the soft, quiet moans echoing in the room painted a clear picture.
> Onta did not at all feel comfortable with hearing former ruler expose herself to him like this. Even if it was just audibly. Childhood memories filled with growing up to learn to fear, respect and revere this woman clashed with this carnal behavior. No person of the stature he was told to expect should be so beneath dignity, Onta thought.

> The moans of Ozumi get a little louder. A nervous Onta squeaks out.
> "U-uh, not to be rude, but could you not do that please?"
> Ozumi chuckles again din a brief pause from her moans of self-pleasure.
> "Why, Onta? Does a woman enjoying herself make you nervous? I suppose you never had much experience, have you?"
> Onta quietly gulps as Ozumi's moans continue to flood the room. On occasion, she would comment on how pleasurable the sensation of her stimulation felt.
> "Mmm, this feels good. Want to know who I'm thinking about, Onta?"
> "Not particularly."
> "why? Scared you'll get jealous? I haven't even seen you."
> Onta wipes his forehead. He's not about to expose himself to her. All he has to do is stand in this spot. That's it. Don't make the same mistake the others did.

>money and resources
Sorry to disappoint you user but, Netflix doesn't have the resources to do Avatar justice. That series showed in every episode martial arts, estrange creatures and exotic locals not to mention all the rocks, wind, fire and water flying around. There is no way you can do that with a TV budget.
To put it in perspective GOT is as of now the most expensive show ever made, and that series is basically people talking inside three or four castles and maybe a couple of sword fights and 5 minutes of dragons tops.

Now imagine trying to make a show where 3 kids travel from pole to pole on top of a six legged flying bison.

> "It wasn't always like this, you know. I used to be able to have any man I wanted. Things got a little harder since my husband left you know? I got lonely, what can I say?"
> Onta was determined not to respond. He didn't wish to give her an opening.
> "What about you Onta? You get lonely sometimes right? Sometimes you feel like your only friends in the world are your hands."
> Onta coughs a little into his hand. An attempt to conceal the giggle that threatened to escape.
> "But even they are starting to lose their appeal. I'm not a teenage girl. I haven't been in a long time. I demand attention."
> Onta gave in. He didn't mean to. But this woman just won't stop talking.
> "No offense, miss Ozumi, but your sex life is not my concern. Only your safety and presence are."
> Ozumi's voice suddenly had a touch of ire to it. Much to Onta's nervous shock.
> "Oh, but I think it is, Onta. Do you really believe you're going to stand there while I sit here just as pathetically still as you are? I'll do whatever I like. Because if I don't, I'll go stir crazy here."
> Onta leans back against the wall while taking a deep breath to compose himself. He mentally criticized his own feelings of nerves.
> "and trust me, Onta. That is something you do not want to see."

> "I know something you'd want to see though."
> Onta speaks hesitantly.
> "W-what?"
> Ozumi giggles mischievously. "Why, me of course. When was the last time you saw a woman pleas herself?"
> Onta gulps. Perhaps a little too loudly.
> "Oh, you never have? What a shame."
> Onta tries to mislead her away from the thought that he was something less than... whatever it was he was supposed to be. A model of masculine strength, perhaps. He needed it for this job.
> "I never said that."
> "Onta, that's not a denial."
> Onta inhales. He thinks of the portraits ofOzumi he saw throughout his life. The brief glimpses he saw of her during the parades held in her honor throughout the past couple of decades. He knew enough to know that she had an enviable beauty. And this very same enviable beauty was offering to let him watch her play with herself. Perhaps even to climax.
> "It'll be a secret. Our secret. As long as you don't pull a Rin on me. You're not as pathetically desperate a shim are you, Onta?"

> Onta feels like a sense of pride was at stake. Almost as if it was a challenge, and he was too used to not wishing to disappoint nobles.
> "Of course I'm not."
> "Prove it." Ozumi ordered. Ordered. Felt quite out of place of a tone for a prisoner, but she still retained some of her authoritative way of speaking, and Onta was used to following orders. All she wants is an audience. What could be the harm in that?
> Onta gulps as his heart quickens its pace a little. He steps away from the side, and moves closer to the cell. He turns to the left, and sees the tall, dark-haired woman dressed in tattered rags. She leaned against the wall with a dark, almost mocking smirk.
> Onta took note of the single bed and bucket in the cell. No wonder she was finding ways to keep herself entertained.
> "Onta! There you are. I knew you wouldn't resist. Do you wish to see how aroused I am?"
> Onata wasn't sure how to answer. Turns out, he didn't need to. She withdraws her hand from her crotch, and hold sit up in front of her. Onta could vaguely see the wet fingers glow from the light beyond her small window.

Attached: avatar_genderbend___ozai___ozumi_by_themightfenek_dbxbid1-pre.jpg (815x981, 51K)

>EPILOGUE
> "Do you see that? Part of the reason I used to rule the world." she joked as Onta nodded. She places her fingers back inside herself with a smile. Followed by biting of her bottom lip.
> "Just before I finish, Onta. I want you to know something. Whenever I "perform" I want you to do a favor for me. That's how these shows go. Understand?"
> Onta didn't mean for this to happen. Not at first. Certainly, not when he first entered, but the once-powerful woman proved too powerful for him.
> "Of course, miss Ozumi."
> Ozumi chuckles as her fingers slide in and out of herself with a quiet squelching.
> "Don't call me miss. Just Ozumi is fine." she moans out as her thrusting gets quicker.
> "Ahh, oh,oh! Oh, it's such a feeling, Onta. You men have no idea."
> Onta wasn't sure what else to do except nod. Just as Ozumi's moans get a little more intense.
> "Oh, it's coming, it's coming! AH IT'S COMING! AHHHHH! OHHHHH! Ozumi calls out as her private area shoots out a brief, squirt of clear liquid. She slides down the wall with heavy breathing.
> Onta was stoic. More stoic than she expected. At first, Ozumi was giggling. Now she was just disappointed.
> "First time you see a woman orgasm, and that's the look you give me?"
> Onta thought of shrugging, but decided that no response was the best response. He was almost certain any smile he gives her would be obviously forced anyway.
> That did not mean he was unwilling to help her get whatever she wanted to make her stay a little more bearable.
> "What do you wish to get, Ozumi?" he asked.
> Ozumi huffs. "A fish. Cooked. I don't care what kind."
> Onta raises a brow in confusion.
> "That's it?" he asked. Foolishly as her intimidating glare suggested.
> "Did I stutter? Did I tell you something else? A fish. F I S H in case you need some help."
> Onta nods again.
> "I'll see what I can do when it's lunch."
> "Don't look at me like that." Ozumi said just as he turned.
> "Like what?" Onta inquired.

> REAL EPILOGUE
> "You know what." she muttered. After she turned her head away from him.
> Onta felt comfortable enough to shrug. He walked back to his post, and leans against the wall. Not at all feeling aroused by what he saw. He certainly felt something for her. Nothing sexual. Just emotional. And it was hardly there.
> Ozumi found it difficult to think of much due to both her growing hunger pains, and the stupor of her fading orgasm. A feeling she's used to now. Too much to really enjoy it as much as she used to. Though it was useful for a brief escape before she recalls where she is once again.
> Revenge was all she could think about during the first couple of years. All the miserably painful ways she wished, hoped, and convinced herself she needed to do to the avatar, and, especially, her eldest daughter.
> But all her attempts at using whatever influence she had left on the outside came to naught. Her visits from Zuka were challenging in the way of self-restraint. She wouldn't survive a fight against her without her firebending anyway.
> At least she could find a new appreciation for the smaller things in this state. Especially once she gets that fish.

Yeah he totally loved his son, that fireball to the face was damn well filled with familial love.

Even in just the main series he took advantage of his dead nephew to steal the throne from his brother, manipulated his wife into killing his father in exchange for Zuko's life, and publicly humiliated, scarred, banished, and put a hit out on his son.

Azula I could at least see him being proud of, but I have no idea where you're getting the rest.

He showed Azula compassion, she was batshit crazy and he gave her a chance to prove herself. Same for Zuko, really, he gave him a second chance which is rare with supervillains.

You westerners will never understand how true father's toughen up their sons.

And yet he didn't give his preteen son a second chance before flambé-ing half his face off.

Ok Chang, you right, we don't understand the magical life lesson that is running over pedestrations until they die.

Ozai is a monster by Western Standards, but by Asian standards, he was just toughening up his son. The Fire Lord is a position where ruthlessness and sociopathy are required to function in governing a small island nation hellbent on conquering the world.

Japanese and Chinese Fathers used to toughen up their sons with physical abuse and corporal punishment. It took the late 20th Century for them to stop the practice completely.

>he was just toughening up his son
he permanently disfigured him, and his exile was suppose to be permanent as well since no one actually expected the Avatar to surface

Attached: ozai_zuko-x7g7avf5n7231.png (1000x1230, 1.25M)

That's how Tiger Moms and Dads roll. Zuko is in the wrong by Chinese Standards because he's going against Mandate of Heaven and Filial Piety.

Filial Piety stopped applying in that family when Ozai organised the murder of his own father

>pic related
Was the best scene in Avatar, can anyone disagree

So the average black family

Ozai is a pretty complex person in that he's an example of what Zuko would become without proper guidance. Deep down, he's just disappointed that Zuko didn't fight back and plan to prove his philosophy with a fist fight.

Chinese Royal Families are worse than the average black family. Avatar just focused on the royal drama while ignoring the concubines, over the top gaudy jewelry and bat shit crazy wars.

It's true he burned Zuko because Zuko refused to fight back, but he's not a complex character at all. It's a shame, because he easily could have been. A warrior-king of a samurai nation prosecuting the same war as his father and his father before him has all sorts of opportunity to be unrepentantly bad while still having strong believable motivations other than "power hungry sociopath". He could have been more of a dark mirror of Zuko.

The creators of Avatar just don't want to develop their villains too much. They're made up a lot of excuses as to why Ursa was having an affair with some guy and living blissfully in peace while her children suffers.

>strong believable motivations
bullshit, what "believable" motivation could you possibly give him that wouldn't be retarded
he was exactly what he needed to be an amalgamation of a hundreds years of absolute ego and hatred
they didn't need to change his character just **give him more screen-time**

Attached: power-ozai.gif (500x375, 497K)

too many good scenes in that show to confirm this.

Lettuce be real anons. Is Avatar the perfect cartoon?

Ozai is a hack

>original creators
Ehh. They got Bryan and Mike who made Korra. Avatar had 12 writers including Aaron Ehaz who was a big part of Avatar's best ideas. Don't get your hopes up.

she humiliatingly poops for you right after that, right?

Something actually connected to that hundred years of war and tradition and expectation, rather than "lol power"

>Ozai actually really cares about his people and the nation's resources! Isn't he super complex now!
this is why anons shouldn't get their own cartoons, the war was always about the personal power of the Fire Lord. historical figures in Ozai's position given his history and the parentage would be more like him than not especially if given super fire powers.

>i'm glad they are remaking the series on netflix.

...What.

Attached: What.png (928x696, 622K)

>cares about his people and the nation's resources
I didn't say any of that you dumb shit. If a whole three sentences were too hard to follow, I'll shorten it: tradition, samurai nation, unrepentantly bad, evil Zuko.

>evil Zuko
Zuko doesn't care about tradition, to make him "evil Zuko" you'd need to cut out everything to do with Azulon's death.

>actually defending Ozai with that eastern stereotype
The flashbacks showed us Ozai was just a monster. Bad son, bad brother and bad father. Even the previous Firelords were more humans than him. Ozai didn't love a single person in his entire life.

No wonder why China really fell off the trail in the 19th century

What if Shyamalan kicked it into the third row and we had a South Indian-inspired Fire Nation Empire. Fire-breathing Elephant-worshipping people who all believe in different Gods, and speak different languages, but united under one 'Idea' Ruler (Samrat Chakravartin) who is leading a big conquest for team-building.

Hot

Bryan has daddy issues. Or maybe it was Mike

>until the comics changed all that and made him a complete sociopath who would burn his own child
He did that in the fucking show

Don't try to excuse that garbage. Even Azulon had more compassion for his sons than Ozai did.

>who would burn his own child.
FORM RANKS YOU DOGS

This. Ozai is scared of Azula, just like everyone else. Think about his history. While his older brother was breaching the walls of Ba Sing Se, Ozai was sitting on his ass. While Azula, a 14 year old girl, captured Ba Sing Se and nearly killed the Avatar, Ozai was sitting on his ass. Even his invasion plan was her idea, this silly Phoenix King shit is pure peacocking to make himself seem more important.

Imagine the invasion if Azula came along.
>V formation with Ozai at the head, they let off their fire
>Azula's flame is bright blue, already standing out among the others, and also far bigger than Ozai's which throws off the symmetry
>all the Royal Firebenders look at Ozai losing to a little girl, a very charismatic one who recently convinced a kingdom's elite benders to betray their ruler and place her on the throne
Embarrassing.

Attached: Scorched Earth.png (892x658, 719K)

I always thought He was just testing her to see if she could redeem herself like Zuko "did"
That and he never loved them in the familial sense but more in a possession "what can you offer me?" Sense.
Honestly Ozai is more of a plot device than a character but that's fine since he works and had massive buildup

The ending of Avatar was so disappointing. After all that tension and build-up it ends very predictably and simple. I get that it's a kid's show but something was missing.

No, since Zuko became the Fire Lord, he actually did not go against the Mandate of Heaven.

It makes sense to not risk the ruler *and* the heir at the same time.

>He took advantage of his dead nephew to steal the throne.
It was rather implied that Iroh didn't want the throne after his son died.

>Manipulated his wife into killing his father
Only in the comic.

>Public humiliated, scarred, banished, and put a hit on his son.
This was after his wife left and during the time we only knew him to be a cruel man.

>Only in the comic
Yes, the fact that Ursa left and Azulon died on the same night was a weird coincidence.

That was all part of the mystery of the Fire Nation royal family. You never knew what happened. You knew Zuko and his family were happy in the past, his mom disappeared, his grandfather died, his father became more cruel.

It honestly didn't need to be explained and could be left ambiguous.

There was nothing ambiguous about it, though. What other interpretation could there be other than Ursa killed Azulon?

The only other possible read would be Ozai killing Azulon and forcing Ursa to take the blame.

>tfw you lose a dick measuring contest to your daughter
heck, Azula even got herself a better concubine than Ozai

It's going to be shit, not only because the original creators are sell out hacks, but also because it will cost too much to make.

I fucking hate season 3 Zuko, Ozai did nothong wrong

>Even his invasion plan was her idea

Oh yes the invasion plan, Make Earth kingdom go big fire boom boom.

>far bigger than Ozai's
Blue flames aside, Azula's firebending during the comet wasn't any bigger or better than Ozai's. Worse, if anything.

In retrospect it makes sense that Ozai is sort of a hollow character. He was born into absolute power with plenty of loyal subjects to do all the hard work for him. He acts like a spoiled kid in his fight against Aang, automatically assuming that he's going to win because he's been winning all his life.

>he was just toughening up his son
You don't thoughen up your son, the crown prince, by publically humiliating and exiling him.
This only weakens your line.

Time-honored tactical strategy.
That's because he kicked out the last rung of her sanity. Everyone else she cared about left, Ozai was the last one.
Look at the desperation. Her firebending was not at top notch.

Attached: Russia on the retreat.png (880x658, 690K)

i wont be surprised if they ever retcon Azula into a bastard child that his brother had with someone else just to fuck with her sanity even more

Attached: agnikai.gif (245x183, 923K)

>You do know about the movie, right?
it is still better than korra

The plan wasn't bad. It was a pacification campaign to show off the strength of the new ruling nation and make people lie down once and for all.

zuko and iroh in season 3

Attached: file.png (333x250, 123K)

So genociding the earth kingdom people is a good idea?

you kill one earth kingdom cockroach and another 6 take his place

atleast the people in the fire nation dont live in fear

Ozai is complex in that he combines the worst of Chinese Dads using tough love to discipline their sons with Ultra Authoritarian Japanese Military Dads abusing their sons to make them tough.

Yukio Mishima had to put up with a lot of abuse from his own grandmother and military father who didn't approve of his writing. Again, Avatar just focuses on Family Abuse, while ignoring the Concubines, heavy taxation.

Originally Ozai just wanted to end the war using Sozin's Comet to make a swift victory. In the Finale, he just wanted to burn everything down. The war had gone on for a century with stalemates.

Avatar borrows heavily from Ancient Chinese History. It took Taiping and Boxer Rebellions, Warlords, and Opium to get China to calm the fuck down.

>It was rather implied that Iroh didn't want the throne after his son died.
No, it wasn't. We just know that Iroh didn't want to raise a fuss or insight a power struggle after Azulon 'declared' Ozai the new Fire Lord on his deathbed. There's nothing to suggest that he wouldn't have taken the throne before.

>only in the comics
So, you didn't watch the series then. Day of the Black Sun: part 2.

>The war had gone on for a century with stalemates.

Until Ba sing se fell, where the war favoured the Fire nation, greatly

>burning an entire Kingdom to the ground and trying to eradicate the earthbenders the same way his grandfather genocided of the airbenders is nothing wrong
Okay then

This. That scene was incredibly sweet and satisfying

It's based and redpilled

>Azula even got herself a better concubine
I thought she disappeared? Who was the concubine?

[Spoiler]Zuko[/spoiler]

Mai and Ty Lee. Azula was starting herself a harem

I for one look forward to seeing the new series address cultural appropriation and trans rights.

>so what if I bend fire? I identify as a water bender, you bigot!
bravo Bryke

>implying easterners are capable of love
The stereotype still fits

>did you just assume my nation?

She'd lost a few marbles but that shouldn't necessarily affect the power of her firebending, just her skill.

I think the only time we see Ozai firebend before the comet is just after the eclipse, when he shoots lightning at Zuko, and it's better than anything we've ever seen Azula do.

I’d rather get a third series instead.

We already had a monkey's paw scenario with Legend of Korra. Do you really want to tempt fate for a second time?

Zuko literally stalemated her before she went insane. She is not that powerful. Ozai is greater

He was literally going to kill his son because his dad told him to

no it's cringe
Eathbenders>Waterbenders>Firebenders>Airbenders

No this was the best scene

Attached: an actual screencap of tophs feet.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Iroh an Ozai where onbiouslly much better than everyone else

Lol no, in killing potential it goes like this
Waterbenders>Airbenders with hype>Firebending without kids show limitation>Earthbenders>Firebenders with kids show limitation>Airbending without hype

wasn't talking power levels
but if i was my ranking would still be the same but earth=water cuz bloodbending

This scene still makes me tear up. Greatest redemption scene ever made.

I kind of wonder what Ozai would have done if Lu Ten hadn't died in battle. If the opening hadn't presented itself, would he have been satisfied with not getting the throne and remaining second in line to Iroh, or would he have plotted something along the way to get rid of his brother and nephew?

It also brings up the question of whether Ozai was just an opportunist when it came to Lu Ten's death, or if he had a hand in it form the beginning. I could certainly see him arranging an 'accident' for his nephew the same way he arranged for the fire sages to verify that Azulon's 'dying wish' was to make Ozai Firelord.

Earth has shit killing potential in Avatar, against all logic

>giant fucking boulders flying at you at high speeds have low killing potential
you can pretty much do anything if you are a earth bending master flinging mountains

he did save zuko's life when he nearly drowned at the beach

Attached: avatar2.png (2000x2903, 2.63M)

oh boo woo he got a super cool looking scar and his own ship and henchman
poor guy

Ozai didn't stand a chance against Iroh in his prime. Not too mention Iroh despite being retiring was still a respected general, feared and had a name for himself and would've slapped Ozai's bitch ass.

Right, in our world. In avatar it's barely better than firebending in killing

When did he do that, in the comics? I don't remember it ever being mentioned in the show.

user, you're average disapproving Asian father keeps it to words and the occasional baleful staring into your soul. Actually putting your hands on the mid, much left leaving a permanent scar isn't accepting. It betrays a rack of disciprine.

You're acting like Ozai would have taken him out directly. It's more likely that he would have tried something underhanded like political tomfoolery, poisoning, or hiring an assassin.

The entire war could've been avoided if Roku just allowed the Fire Nation to take a few uninhabited parts of the Earth Kingdom to set up a colony.

It's impossible to root for the Avatar when they're irrationally afraid of changing the status quo.

Its hard to root for the Avatar at all when they're a tyrant no worse than Ozai or others forcing their ideals and ways down the throats of others and parading it as justice and what is right. To make matters worse the Avatar is the one who made everything wrong in the world by allowing benders to keep their bending once they got off the turtle and they're just some random person fused with a Spirit.

Iroh spells out that he can defeat Ozai, but chooses not to because it would be seen as brother against brother for the throne. The Fire Nation is too vulnerable for an internal power struggle between the royal family.

The concept of democracy with open elections just can't work in the Avatar world. It's already being tried in the Korra comics with the bad guy resorting to brainwashing people fill the ballot.

You're acting like Sozin would have stopped there. Letting Hitler annex Austria didn't stop him from invading Poland.

Iroh said he wasn't sure if he could defeat Ozai, and false humility isn't his style. Judging from the show Iroh seems more skilled but Ozai seems like he had more raw power.

You're the kinda guy that woulda let Hitler annex Czechoslovakia and then be surprised he didn't stop there.

Iroh was not in his prime at that point. He wasn't fat anymore but still not nearly as sharp as he was in th younger age

>but chooses not to because it would be seen as brother against brother for the throne.

But Zuko fights Azula and takes the throne...

It was also a test, probably.
See if she can handle being the fire lord by herself without losing it, she couldn't.
Also, OP firebender + millennial fire comet that boosts fire type bending? = Overconfident power trip, he didn't need her for this, in his mind in fact, due to them being so much alike, chances are he was foreseeing a betrayal from her. Imagine scheming world dominance for so long and being so close to it, almost in within grasps of the fingertips, only thing getting in between is the one in a million, the unique, the more overpowered one which can control all 4 types + enter a state that further boost it to a force of nature level, but it's OK, because you know it's a pacifist that wishes not to kill, could take advantage of that.

You wouldn't trust your own shadow in setting like that.

Who says? I'm just going by what we see. Iroh stinks of skill, but all the biggest firebending we see is from Ozai.

Zuko was Ozai's firstborn son. Azula was younger and female. Ozai put out the narrative that Azulon chose him over Iroh. Azula was in chains. No contest.

I cancelled Netflix because of the ATLA remake. The only canon sequel to the original ATLA is FET.

Attached: 456773467860.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>Same for Zuko, really, he gave him a second chance
Burning him Sandor Clegane style for saying "hey sending several dozen men to their deaths on a gambit is shitty both morally and strategically" is not a second chance.

Iroh was being a lazy fuck. He could've beat Ozai if he wasn't holding back,but wanted to make a point saying the Avatar is the only one who should do it because its right or something.

in season 3 during one of the talks ozai and zuko have. i think it was the eclipse
ozai mentions that zuko as a small child nearly drowned because he could not decide between going to safety on the beach or going deeper in the sea to save an animal. the tide nearly swept him away and ozai jumped in to save him

Attached: fire avatar.gif (500x375, 752K)

It strikes me less as a matter of the 'right' thing and more that he was concerned about the political repercussions of doing it himself - if your brother beats you up that's a brotherly squabble, if the Pope beats you up that's the wrath of god

>This scene was always weird to me as it was odd that Ozai would toss away one of his biggest weapons
>Ozai was honestly very patient with Azula, more patient than you'd expect. When she started to sperg out instead of anger he just explained himself in a way that wouldn't hurt his feelings, he purposefully spoke slowly so she would understand.
she was a tool that served her purpose he didn't need her anymore so he pushed on her what was supposed to be Zuko's job
and at that moment she realised that she wasnt as special as she had thought

>I still stand by the fact that he loved Zuko the most.
if by loved you mean holded the lowest bar to jump over that yeah - all Zuko had to do was not to publicly show he was a fucked up
that's why Ozai only maimed Zuko insisted of killing him during the agni kai

>Did Ozai ever loved anyone or is he just a psychopath?
he was literally fire Stalin - the only person Ozai loved was himself

fiery incest is the only canon ending for Zuzu and Zula
and the only interesting way to continue the story

Attached: zucest train has no breaks.jpg (1280x1674, 627K)

Azula is obviously a better firebender than Zuko, but she's not necessarily a better fighter. Something to also consider is that Zuko has much more practical combat experience compared to Azula.

>that face on the 3rd panel
>uuuuuhhhh check em' dubs boy!

Attached: agni dubs.jpg (600x732, 45K)

Fire Nation is more like Imperial Japan taking a few uninhabited islands in the east, then a good chunk of Mainland China.

Ozai is literally Tojo mixed in with Emperor Showa.

>I think it was the eclipse
No, it wasn't in Day of the Black Sun part one or two. This scene never occurs in the series. You're getting your own headcanon mixed up with reality.

Zuko in the bottom left panel looks like he has the lower body of a 43 year old woman

>Azula is obviously a better firebender than Zuko

You say this, yet when Azula and Zuko's fire blast hit eachother, both of the blasts were cancelled out and both Azula and zuko were blasted back, equally

Zuko has more skill over Fire Bending. Azula has raw power and force behind her bending.

It's in the Dark Horse comic, The Promise part 2. It doesn't actually occur in the main series.

Man, if only you had bothered to finish the sentence.

>fiery incest is the only canon ending for Zuzu and Zula
>and the only interesting way to continue the story
preach it brother

Attached: hopefully you will stay inside Zuzu.jpg (908x1318, 102K)

Based. Every true fan should play 4ET

Damn, those blue flames are beautiful, though with this scene, for some reason, I'm hearing the first seconds of youtube.com/watch?v=us-4plMKd9U

Do they ever explain how come her fire is blue? Does it have any property other then the aesthetic ?
Is lightning bending something that can be attained through hard work or is it some naruto kekkei genkai genetic exclusivity bullshit that's only available to the royals due to selective stats min-maxing meta breeding.

Attached: S1e12_Tiger_throwing_potions_for_food_and_fire.png (1600x900, 1.09M)

>Do they ever explain how come her fire is blue? Does it have any property other then the aesthetic ?
In universe it's never explained no. It's main purpose on a meta level is to make her and Zuko's firebending more visually distinct, so there's a bit more colour variety in their fights.
>Is lightning bending something that can be attained through hard work or is it some naruto kekkei genkai genetic exclusivity bullshit that's only available to the royals due to selective stats min-maxing meta breeding.
It's entirely learnable. I believe only the royals get taught how to use it in the original series, but in LoK the technique has become more widespread.

>Zuko has more skill over Fire Bending. Azula has raw power and force behind her bending.

If this was the case, Zuko and Azula wouldn't have stalemated when they "beamclashed"

Azula is a mentally ill 14 year old girl. Zuko would unironically be a rapist

you mean putting back rapist into therapist?

>only the royals get taught how to use it
But zuko doesn't know how to lightning bend, or did he? I don't remember.
Neither his uncle.

Isn't he younger then her? She teases him with "my little brother", if not, they're at least close age wise in a feudal asian setting, with how incestuous their backgrounds tend to be, don't it would be seen as a problem, like the hyuga clan from naruto.

>sn't he younger then her?
he is the older brother but was pampered by an overbearing mother meanwhile their father put Azula through one man boot camp for firebanders Zuko literally realises how he is supposed to use his bending in the last half of the last season
>She teases him with "my little brother"
dear brother

Attached: fire_prince_zuko.jpg (1143x800, 234K)

>tfw no azula gf

>Neither his uncle
Iroh definitely knows how to lightning bend. He's done it almost as much as Azula has.
>But zuko doesn't know how to lightning bend
Zuko was sent on his Avatar fetch quest when he was pretty young, and even then he wasn't a prodigy like his sister was. It's likely that he was banished before he was taught it by any of his tutors, and Iroh made it pretty clear in the first few episodes that he wanted Zuko to master the basics before he would teach him anything more advanced.

>you're average disapproving Asian father keeps it to words and the occasional baleful staring into your soul
I, too, wish to grow up to become that someday.

>their father put Azula through one man boot camp for firebenders
No such thing ever happened outside your own imagination. Azula was always shown to be naturally talented form a young age and never really had to work hard for anything.
>You're like my sister. Everything always came easy to her. She's a firebending protege, and everyone adores her. My father says she was born lucky; he says I was lucky to be born. I need don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight, and that's made me strong. That's made me who I am.

Azula's firebending looks explosive, Zuko's never done anything like that

Attached: azula-04714e933600.gif (640x475, 4M)

>Iroh made it pretty clear in the first few episodes that he wanted Zuko to master the basics before he would teach him anything more advanced.

Wtf was that about anyways? Iroh claims he hasn't mastered the basics yet he literally trained on the boat for 3 years 24/7, not to mention, he apparently beat "master" like Zhao. Either Zhao isn't a master or Zuko is above the baseline in firebender. Or zuko simply got lucky/Zhao underestimated Ziko

sure expect in the very same scene when he is shooting at the airship

>doesnt hurt to be hopeful
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

>Azula's firebending looks explosive, Zuko's never done anything like that

Maybe not, (maybe he has actually, was long ago i watched it) but he consistently blocks Azula's "explosive" fireblasts (sometimes overpowering them, like in the final agni kai)

>Wtf was that about anyways? Iroh claims he hasn't mastered the basics yet he literally trained on the boat for 3 years 24/7
in ATLA unless you are Katara you need to be attuned with the philosophy behind your bending - so if Iroh would let Zuko master the official style it would turn Zuko into mini Ozai and who knows mb even Ozai 2.0 later down the line

>in ATLA unless you are Katara you need to be attuned with the philosophy behind your bending - so if Iroh would let Zuko master the official style it would turn Zuko into mini Ozai and who knows mb even Ozai 2.0 later down the line

So, do you think Iroh supressed Zuko's training cause he hadn't found "his way yet"?

firebending in this show makes no sense

Attached: Lightning_Iroh.gif (500x381, 2.65M)

How i understood it: Fire is simply power (actual power like batteries) and at its most pure form it's Lightning (for obvious reasons)

yes, after all Iroh wasn't some token mentor character he had his goals and things he wanted
like retroactively making sense of his sons death or running his secret order as grand lotus

>Either Zhao isn't a master or Zuko is above the baseline in firebender
Probably the latter, it's just that Iroh has really high standards in terms of firebending. It's no wonder Zuko was getting so pissy with him

Oh shit i forgot about the illuminati shit. He must have been a part of that group since before Zuko was banished, right? Is that why he joined Zuko? To make him choose the "right" thing? It would also make sense of his lackluster intent in battles vs Aang

well he did shoot that big fire beam at Aang with Zuko that one time

Attached: Zuko_and_Iroh_attack.png (200x150, 56K)

It seems more likely that he joined Zuko because he felt bad for the kid and genuinely had a great affection for him. Pic related

Attached: Iroh-Hugs-Zuko.png (720x480, 400K)

That i don't doubt, bu surely him wanting to change Zuko's path to the "right" direction could be attributed both to his love and Secret society BS

Oh yeah, that. Was that explained ever explained? Though tbf, Aang did push it back, and i doubt Book 1 Aang was superior to Zuko and iroh combined. Iroh probably had to fake it to not make Zuko suspicious the first time they find the Avatar

Iroh cared about Zuko partially because he was a placeholder for his dead son but also because Zuko was just a nice person and Iroh wasn't a one dimensional psycho like his brother
at the same time what he wanted for Zuko wasn't exactly want Zuko needed or wanted for himself really - and oslo Iroh judgement was heavily influence by him being the boss of a mason lodge

Iroh wasn't trying to push Zuko in any direction other than 'stop letting someone who treats you like garbage determine your destiny' which is exactly what Zuko had been doing up to that point. When Zuko wanted to strike out on his own, Iroh let him and didn't interfere. Zuko Alone is an episode that goes a long way to showcase this.

This, better writing logic that all the comics desu

>what he wanted for Zuko wasn't exactly want Zuko needed or wanted for himself
Zuko's speech to Ozai at the end of the eclipse finale says otherwise.

>When Zuko wanted to strike out on his own, Iroh let him and didn't interfere. Zuko Alone is an episode that goes a long way to showcase this.

He regrets this though, and goes to look for him. He also has a chat with Toph, who thinks he should let him (zuko) know that He (Iroh) needs him too

Zuko had the wrong philosophy, which is why he was considered still basic in Iroh's eyes. I'd assume Iroh tried to teach Zuko the correct way but the kid was too angry at the time.

Iroh was very strict about Zuko's training because Zuko was an angry idiot for most of the show. His refusal to teach Zuko lightning bending was because A.)Zuko didn't have the state of mind to succeed and B.)Zuko probably would have killed himself if he fucked up.

fire should be a close 2nd tied with bloodbending

Fire without kiddie show limits is good, otherwise no

He tried to teach Zuko lightning bending in B2. Iroh never skimped on Zuko's training, he just knows the importance of the basics. Zuko was pretty badass in B1 and that's likely all thanks to Iroh's pre-show training.

He didn't regret it. He states that he was tailing Zuko at a distance so that he could be there in case the kid needed him. Makes for them to stick together sense given that they were wanted criminals by both the fire nation and earth kingdom, and we're neck-deep in enemy territory.

I always took Iroh's admission about needing Zuko to be more emotionally driven. Zuko was kind of helping to fill the whole that Lu Ten left, and after the two are reunited and Iroh gets struck down, he has a flashback to his dead son.

am i the only one that felt kinda hard to feel sorry for iroh and his son to much? i mean his son was a killer invading the earth nation

He never taught him lightning bending, just redirection, which isn't really the same. Still, it's a technique that Azula was never shown to have learned.

Aang was never better than Iroh withought avatar state in book 3
i mean once he became an adult then yeah obviously

then why was the fire nation able to basically take over the world?
also adult swim remake when?

It probably would have been something more akin to Sherman's March. A mass scorched Earth campaign to show force and to terrorize the Earth Kingdom into final submission.

I never gave a shit about Lu ten because he was an off-screen meme character created for Iroh's development. I did feel bad for Iroh however, as he literally loses his son. Shits heavy yo and Iroh's a good dude

>Netflix’s strategy is straightforward market power exploitation. The company is cancelling shows that subscribers like, so it won’t have to pay creators the amount they would otherwise be able to get for making good commercially successful art. In other words, Netflix is subtly raising prices on subscribers and paying creators less for their work.

mattstoller.substack.com/p/the-slow-death-of-hollywood

>it's okay, I'm a waterbender. Now let me heal you.

It was explained as "muh technology" however the show is inconsistent with the fire nation. If thdy are so tough and fought the whole world how come they get merked by 12 year olds? It's all Bs from a kids show, but it's still better than most shows so it's fine. Adult swim remake would be great

>what do you mean my water is burning you racist?

Iroh seemed to genuinely try to teach Zuko lightning bending, he told him all the steps and let him try it.
>There is energy all around us. The energy is both yin and yang. Positive energy and negative energy. Only a select few firebenders can separate these energies. This creates an imbalance. The energy wants to restore balance, and in a moment the positive and negative energy come crashing back together, you provide release and guidance, creating lightning. [Steps up, and generates lightning, and shoots it away from the two.]
>I'm ready to try it!
>Remember, once you separate the energy, you do not command it. You are simply its humble guide. Breathe first.
Albeit he admitted that he anticipated Zuko may not be capable.
>I was afraid this might happen. You will not be able to master lightning until you have dealt with the turmoil inside you.

Attached: compliment-zuko.gif (500x250, 3.42M)

Didn't they make it so that firebenders could heal in LoK? Bryke is one step ahead of you.

>flinging mountains
>not just opening pits below people and closing them after they fall in

i'd go with the ol' "sudden spike shoots up right under them" trick

>>I was afraid this might happen. You will not be able to master lightning until you have dealt with the turmoil inside you.

Unless you're Azula

Pretty sure it's the opposite. Azula had the control necessary to bend lightning while Zuko was stuck with just fire. His abilities were raw power and always linked to his emotions until he met the dragons while his sister had precise and cold laser like focus until she snapped. It was like comparing a Bowie knife to a stiletto knife. Yes the Bowie will fuck you up royally when it catches you, but the stiletto can slip in between the ribs and hit something vital way easier.

>Albeit he admitted that he anticipated Zuko may not be capable.
>I was afraid this might happen. You will not be able to master lightning until you have dealt with the turmoil inside you.
well he preset lighting bending as a best way to kill his sister and even by this point it was obvious that Zuko cared about Azula despite everything so obv it didn't work
what is interesting is how fast he swapped to different thing

>Unless you're Azula
in the show we see tree people use lighting and all of them can kill in cold blood
Ozai a psychopath
Azula sociopath going crazy
Iroh neophyte religious fanatic

She was a sociopath. Those sorts of people are generally very good at suppressing inner turmoil until pushed too far.

I'd say Azula was well past the "pushed too far" stage. You could easily say she had more inner turmoil than Zuko at that point, they were comparable here since both their turmoil was thanks to the abandonment they felt towards their parents. I remember watching some reactions to the ATLA finale and a few people speculated as soon as Azula tried to lightning bend it would blow up in her face like we've seen before and I don't blame them for speculating this.

Pissed though she may have been she still had the principle down. It wouldn't be far fetched to assume that she reigned herself in enough by focusing on the idea of frying the fuckers in front of her. Hell, she even had the presence of mind to switch targets at the last second.

Zuko was the legit heir fighting for his birth right. Iroh doing it would be seen by history as a jealous uncle grabbing power from his firmly entrenched brother.

Singular focus. She didn't have inner turmoil at that moment.

They got taken down by the Avatar. And even that was basically just a coup to remove Ozai and replace him with a new sovreign that would cease the war.

I am pretty sure that was just Zuko crying a river
besides I remember someone pointing out that while he wasted time on trivial activities Azula was training or doing something more productive

m8 she clearly had no idea what was she doing at that time

Iroh mentioned that lightningbending was called Cold Fire, since the user had to be devoid of emotion to use it. That explains why everyday grunts like Mako could use lightening. Working a menial, mind numbing job is the perfect environment to focus on being a human battery. But yeah, Azula being able to effortlessly pew pew lightning while she was obviously not emotionally stable, suggests she was even stronger than Iroh.

>That explains why everyday grunts like Mako could use lightening.
that was one of the most retarded things coming from Korra

Urza was a piece of shit. Fucker sucked Yawgmoth's did at the last minute and continues to be a dick centuries after his death.

This is true. Azula likely worked her ass off to be as good as she was, her introduction scene is literally her training herself to perfection, being daddy's favorite was pretty much her only goal. You can tell it wasn't all just "she's a prodigy" when you consider how she could answer test questions that Zuko had every opportunity to learn if he was as hardworking.
>Ozai: And how was it Great-Grandfather Sozin managed to win the Battle of Han Tui?
>Young Zuko: [Confusedly.] Great-Grandfather won ... because ... --
>Young Azula: Because even though his army was outnumbered, he cleverly calculated his advantages. The enemy was downwind and there was a drought. Their defenses burned to a crisp in minutes.

if the only reason B2 16 year old Zuko couldn't learn it was because he's an emo, than why couldn't Mako the "has never been the most in touch with his feelings" guy learn it if given instruction

have a based img for based post I agree wholeheartedly with user
one of the strongest things about avatar's writings are those side quests that expand the lore
but at the same time we do not fall into 2deep4u category thanks to folks like Ozai who are just one thing in this case cold blooded evil and loving it
I feel like there are more peopel than just lead writers who deserve credit for how good that series turned out to be

Attached: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.jpg (600x628, 74K)

>trains nonstop for 3 years on a ship with his own personal firebending, Iroh

>Still doesn't go past the basics

Lol it's obvioulsy about talent in this show

but Iroh doesn't teach Zuko anything - which is emphasized by the fact that young prince has to either come up with his own moves of kakashi style copy them from others

and that's because in atla bending is a physical manifestation of life philosophy and Iroh doesn't want Zuko to follow in his father's footsteps

He trains him, despite this, he barely improves. Azula trains, she improvrs. My point is that Azula is OP and Zuko is a goof

kek
what are you talking about Iroh might have talked at Zuko while he was training but the only thing he ever teaches him was the lightning stuff and even then he doesn't give it his 100% making sure thay Zuko isn't a threat to his precious Avatar

Up until the latter parts of season 3, when Zuko gets super special aztec bending he was a fumbling failure. Too fucked up to even manage stock evil firebending with any grace. His edge prior to this was knowing he sucked shit as a bender and relying on more mundane skills. Dude could climb and fight his way out of a good number of situations he couldn't bend outta.
By the time of the comet he was praticed in an unknown precursor style, at peace with himself and also jacked up by the comet. Resisting Azula's wild and overpowered blasts becomes simpler when you know what little defence and counters firebending offers

Iroh taught Zuko a lot more than you're giving him credit for. B1 Zuko was fighting off elite archers and defeating Zhao and spearheading an undercover kidnap attempt on Aang in the heart of the Northern Water Tribe. Azula made Zuko look like a chump initially not because Zuko sucks but because she's just that good, she's a gifted workaholic who didn't allow her mental issues get in the way of her combat development.

Right, but before that, before Azula's insanity, in episode 16 book 3 "southern raiders", Zuko and Azula stalemate in their fight

I mean he beat that fire master general villian from season 1 but okay
and did really well vs azula

>no Azula gf
>no Azula wife
>no Azula

>Azula made Zuko look like a chump initially
because Zuko a sheltered kid was shocked by his sister's betrayal which was funny to watch but still
also the fight with Zhao is an example of Zuko needing to invent a tool a good teacher would have given him

It's just not fair

Attached: aj79504b.png (306x377, 118K)

Wtf since when did she have milkers that big?

He beat Zhao by following Iroh's instruction.
>Remember your firebending basics, Prince Zuko. They are your greatest weapons.
>Basics, Zuko! [Close-up of Zuko's determined face.] Break his root!
A simple counter was what put Zhao on his backfoot paving way to Zuko's victory. You can make the argument that this instruction is what helped Zuko defeat Azula later down the line as well; he kept composed, kept his form and responded correctly to Azula's attacks while he let her run out of energy with her overly aggressive bending.

What is FET?

So Zhao wasn't able to break Zuko's root desoite being a master?

which route is this?

Yall are a bunch of dumbfucks if you think Ozai is nothing more than a piece of shit taking advantage of his brilliant daughter. Azula is destined for greatness and now after she is no longer under his control she will be the hero the avatar universe needs as proven in the comics.

all the girls looked bigger in The Beach. It would make sense if they were wearing sports bras, or something similar, normally though.

God why is Korra so bad.

He knocked him flat on his back, that's Zuko's root being pretty clearly broken. Zuko was just able to counter before he could capitalise on it.

A cool call back in the final Zuko vs Azula in that gif is that one of the first things that we see Iroh telling Zuko during his training is to keep his base strong. Zuko is annoyed and stops training but in this last fight scene we see him keeping his base the entire time letting Azula fight him on his terms and making her base unstable.

One of my favorite call backs. Also the subdued sound and blow torch sound effects were a great touch.

I dont get it, Azula is probably the best fighter on the show. Not far from iroh/ozai in firebending and way fast and agile

Honestly considering how she was falling apart after the boiling rock it's not surprising that Ozai thought she wasn't worth taking along, even if she IS powerful.

Seems a decent idea to leave someone powerful in charge at home anyway, just in case someone gets idea's while he's gone or if something goes wrong. As it is, he mostly seemed to view his kids as tools that are just meant to follow his orders.

Zuko basically just wasn't in the right mindset despite training in technique all the time, it's also pretty clear anyway that it takes him a longer time to learn shit due to his stubborn nature.

As for Zhao, I think he was only considered a 'master' because of his raw power, Jeong-Jeong said it best that Zhao's temper and general personality were the worst things about him and fuck him over royally all the time.

Not really, I get the feeling that basically anyone could use lightning if they were normal and could focus enough.

Zuko was the anomaly because he was a sperg who had too much angst to control it properly.

Tarantino's ATLA when?!

where the FUCK is that pic from

Attached: Anxious_F02.png (206x174, 23K)

Four elements trainer it’s a porn game but it’s really good

Iroh teaches zuko how to deflect the lightning attack, and I'm pretty sure he mentions during this that he would never use it because it's basically a kill move.

Speaking of which, I'm in part 2 starting the Slave route, but if I go love route, would I hace acces to a love story with Ty Lee? Or is it limited to Azula?

IIRC the sugar daddy storyline with Ty Lee is only on the slave route. The love route does also let you end up with Mai though.

Stop making me feel bad.

a better place

>Zuko basically just wasn't in the right mindset despite training in technique all the time, it's also pretty clear anyway that it takes him a longer time to learn shit due to his stubborn nature.
I was always under an impression that Iroh told him he's not ready because Zuko followed an official FN ideology instead of the white lotus approved one but I never understood why Iroh never tried to sell Zuko on the whole thing I mean yeah ultimately Zuko builds his own worldview but it only happens thanks to aang showing up
what Iroh thought going to happen exactly if couple of years down the line Azula shows up to clean house and Zuko is sill untrained (not that he was much better trained by the end of s3 - thanks for nothing Iroh) and on the moral crossroads?

>ATLA is too good to mess up
Nobody tell him

Wrong, Ozai did that as he was deposed by Zuko, heaven clearly wanted Zuko.

Poisoning is the only one of those that would work, Iroh is much smarter and more personable than Ozai, he would have ran circles around him politically and no assassin is taking out the dragon of the west.

I guess he was probably waiting specifically FOR that whole Zuko crossroads thing, selling him on the white lotus mindset ((or anything other than hardline fire nation)) would have fallen on deaf ears.

Probably just happened later than he would have liked what with the whole avatar obsession thing coming to its peak.

I’ll need sauce on that pic, bud.

This is hand crafted, olde world quality bait.

Attached: 33.jpg (1280x1675, 324K)

nice

and the title page

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x1673, 340K)

I wish there were more episodes focusing on Aang and Zuko's relationship. They had a really fun chemistry, way more interesting than Aang and Katara or and Katara and Zuko.

I thought he did do any commisions?!?

what a nice thread it was

Imagine rewatching the series as a freemason haha

youtube.com/watch?v=4oVceepxlBk

Reminder he was completely right.

Attached: Fong.png (333x250, 103K)

the guy was a dumbass

anyone else think ozai was pathetic and pretty disappointing?
aang didn't even really try

lets say azula did not manage to infiltrate ba sing se. so no fire nation take over
would zuko have kept living there with iroh?

Attached: zuko happy pills.jpg (721x1027, 230K)

avatar state aang steamrolled ozai yes.
regular aang had a pretty hard time

Attached: avatar1.png (1870x3000, 2.23M)

Still my favorite of the whole series, and one of my favorite in animation. Contrasts on so many levels. Zuko most of the series is impulsive, wild, emotional, and his fighting reflects that. Azula is calm cool and collected, always. Go back and watch Zuko in any other fight; his facial expressions are always variable throughout. In this scene his face almost never changes. Azula, the opposite. The thud sound as Azula hits the ground always catches me off guard. The way the music builds as Azula gets ready to fire her shot off at Katara. The lightning going and before you even have all the information, you know what just happened. Whether you ship Zutara or just see them as friends, this is an incredible full 180 moment of satisfactory revelation of Zuko's character. It's the pinnacle of the series in every way except the primary plot.

Looking back it would be easy to say that Ozai relied on his firebending too much, but after thinking about it, the writers didn't know what to do with him.

Ozai is the one character who doesn't really develop or change as much over the course of three seasons. He's still the Fire Lord who must be beaten at combat. It really says something that he wasn't ruined that much in the comics compared to the others.

i fill like regular aang was mid diff low high at the most
he could have ended it as soon as he caught his lightning

The writers wanted to be moral fags and have Aang win his battle by taking away the Fire Lord's power, when killing him is the most pragmatic solution.

>And I have to say Im glad they are remaking the series on netflix
youtube.com/watch?v=HgGh1L-2xC4

Attached: Heresy is too strong for normal coffee, try ultra-caffeinated beans, roasted with the tears of Eldar (500x661, 200K)

The Netflix adaptation of Avatar will be cancelled like their other shows because the writers feel the need to make unnecessary changes to the plot and characters in order to comply with their progressive vision.

>Did Ozai ever loved anyone or is he just a psychopath?
well he loved himself

is morally evil to take away his powers though
that's the greatest humiliation and torture aang could have done to him

>smiles and looks directly at the camera

Stop being so damn charismatic all the time!

>I not a big fan of what netflix brings out with its originals but I feel ATLA will be too good to mess up.
heh kid

He loved young girl thighs aswell

>young girl thighs
as long as you were thinking about young girl(male) thighs
whydo you think he wanted aang so badly?

>And I have to say Im glad they are remaking the series on netflix

Attached: Ep. 25 - Avatar Day-[720p]-00_15_37.135.jpg (960x720, 58K)

That's why Ursa's mind game fucked him up so much

Zuko was an emotional wrecking ball of inner turmoil. The only time he was cold and calculating, needed to generate lightning, was when he took advantage of Song's hospitality. Mako, being emotionally absent as a plank of wood, also didnt have the distracting hang-ups Zuko did. His biggest source of grief was likely when his parents were killed in front of him. Seeing as he let the last reminder of his parents go to a grandmother he knew for an hour, he made peace with that turmoil years before LoK. Zuko on the other hand, kept jumping from one crisis to another, and ended TLA asking his father where his mother was, and getting no closure.

The comet allowed Ozai and Azula to override the emotionally stability requirement to generate lightning during their moments of insanity. That stability let him win the last duel against Azula, but he still couldn't generate lightning even with the power boost. He was always a low tier firebender.

I just fucking remember something. During the beginning of Korra, I remember that they said that she was going to be similar to Aang of how he had a close friend of one of the previous Avatar and how they will guide her. The Avatar was going to be Kyoshi. What the fuck happen to cause them to go a complete 180?

Attached: annoyed.png (600x465, 462K)

they forgot
no really

>What the fuck happen to cause them to go a complete 180?
a test audience of pink haired women

bending in atla was unique because it requires first and foremost acceptance if particular philosophy of life to be used shallowing it to mundane activities that didn't require much inward thought was one of korra's greatest sins
also Ozai at no point was insane what are you smoking
and Azula were able to shoot lighting because her crazy cleared her mind of any doubts allowing her to use the full extent of her power as she simply let her element take over
>That stability let him win the last duel against Azula, but he still couldn't generate lightning even with the power boost. He was always a low tier firebender.
yeah despite very little actual firebending training he managed to overpower supposed prodigy of his generation in a straight up powerlever contest but sure...

Why did i laugh at this

Azula always saw Zuko as the only person who unconditionally loved her
Her father only cared that she was strong, her mother hated her. But Zuzu was too weak to hate his sister
Azula has been on what she thinks is Zuko’s side from the very moment she told him about Azulon’s desire to kill him
The problem is that her idea of helping him is to turn him into what she is

>implying

Attached: Aayla.jpg (768x974, 61K)

Looks like mrpotatoparty

>Headcanon nigger

Stop your faggotry, i vividly remember seeing Azula smile in glee at Zuzu's burning

That’s because she thought it would make him fucked up like her

user I am sorry but I'm stealing your ideas

It’s no idea, Azula says it herself in the comics. This was never about Ozai

It'd be hard for Azula to learn a technique Iroh invented from watching waterbenders when she hates him and the feeling is mutual.

I meant the way you worded it I have written it down

Alright well
Have fun

How the fuck would that make sense? Also, since when does Azula consider herself fucked up? She's an arroant little shit

She knows she’s insane
She considers herself a monster because she thinks that’s what her mother thought of her.

>since when does Azula consider herself fucked up?
that was pretty obvious esp in se3

He's the fucking Avatar! The show is very upfront about that a god among men. Ozai was possibly the strongest firebender in the world at that moment, it just didn't matter because his opponent was a thousand of the strongest firebenders, airbenders, waterbenders, and earthbenders working as a single entity against him.

She literally calls herself a monster in the show.

I doubt Zuzu loved Azula. He seems pissy at her in season 2 even before she betrays him

Not just pissy, she flat out tried to kill him with lightning bending

Before that

>I doubt Zuzu loved Azula.
their entire family was fucked remember how much Zuko cared about what his psycho for a father thought about him, yeah?

Ursa and Zuko obviously loved eachother. Lu ten and Iroh were also normal. The family wasn't THAT fucked up. It was a 50/50 draw on if you're evil or good

i think he means ozai tells him about it on the eclipse. when theyre in the bunker.

>I doubt Zuzu loved Azula.
we all know that reconciliation with your sister sex is best sex

Attached: night on fire.png (1280x1280, 935K)

well there clearly was some tension there and I think this user gets it

bump

Azula tried to kill Zuko on multiple occasions. That's part of the tragedy, she's so broken that she can't even love her own brother. She tried to fix him and reap the reward of being the one to bring back the exiled prince but as soon as she hinted disloyalty from him she discarded him like garbage.

Bump fo

>tfw you just want to femdom your brother for the rest of his life but his black friend won’t let you

Attached: 2D66BAEF-A185-49D9-85A6-2456827430AF.jpg (300x225, 10K)

>Little sister femdom

That's a yikes from me

I'm willing to bet on it, full monkey paw too

So who makes Yea Forums seethe more? Mai or Suyin?

Attached: sample_bd1ece4337b93812166f857bdd641cee.jpg (850x1275, 287K)

It’s her and Zuko’s entire relationship

Take the porn goggles off, user, it's fucking with your mind.

Suyin dindu nuffin

Attached: Smug_Suyin.png (333x250, 87K)

She’s still the dominant one

The eclipse takes place on day of the black sun part 1 and 2.

Right? I guess it was a lesson about never compromising your morals no matter what, but it was still lion turtle ex machina bullshit.

>t. Ozai

Azula wanting to fuck hey brother makes her twice as much of an interesting character as she was already
It makes her a more unique villain

It doesn't make her character more interesting, it makes your dick more interested in her

Being a villain who acts just for the sake of obtaining more power and recognition? Done to death
Being a villain who wants power so they can legalize brother sister marriage? That’s compelling

seek help

This is fanfiction tier autism.

Yeah sure, Scrapper. And naming yourself that chuuni-ass shit isn’t

Wtf am i reading?

The words of a genius

kek

>The Demon
>This is fanfiction tier autism.
have sex preferably with your sister

>She’s still the dominant one
everywhere but in bed mb after all under all the pretens she was a cute dork that just wanted a hug

Because of Mei, it's only close to being one.

And let's just forget about Korra.

Pic unrelated. I just like it. I think the artist really captured how they would be when/if old.

Attached: OldGirls.jpg (1280x1070, 108K)

Captured their character - i meant to say

>that old lady Mai

Attached: Kreia_art.jpg (980x1436, 106K)

>under all the pretens she was a cute dork that just wanted a hug
much nigga

I see that pic being posted around but brother what is the source?

Azula was scared of showing weakness to someone that might use it against her and also felt beteayed personaly when Zuko turned traitor

Nigger did you even watch the show?

an argument can be made that he had the lowest bar for Zuko to jump over - not being a fuck up in public - as oppoused to say Azula with "almost is not good enough"

Oh boo hoo, azula had high expectations while Zuko got away with just pic related. Ozai loved him so much, I feel so bad for Azula.

Attached: C742A0A6-985C-49DB-96B8-34DDF9F12A9B.jpg (1400x700, 98K)

what I am saying is that all Zuko had to do was to shut up and not embarrass fire stalin publicly
but he fucked up and got beconed but since we are talking about Ozai here prince should feel lucky that his dad let him live and didn't burn something more important

Azula probably wouldn't get away with just that since her role was more demanding than Zuko's

>fire stalin
kek that is Ozai all right
so Sozin was a fire hitler ?