Somebody can lighten me up on Secret Wars 2015?

Somebody can lighten me up on Secret Wars 2015?
I know something about that the multiverse got destroyed and now there is the hybrid universe Battleworld.
But can you explain to me what happened and how did it happened?

Attached: SW1.jpg (670x360, 68K)

I remember it was something like Crisis On Infinite Earths but with DC characters and with Dr Doom as the Anti-Monitor

A race called the Beyonders had been experimenting with the Multiverse since forever, and the decided to end the experiment to start a new one.
Doom salvaged some pieces from different universes creating Battleworld.

But how did Doom do it?
And how did he noticed that multiverse was gonna be remaded?
And there isn't just a Beyonder?

wow, this is exactly Crisis On Infinite Earths but with Marvel characters

Is it worth reading?

The universe got tired of justice so they embraced doom

>Most of this is half remembered shit from 3 years ago so keep that in mind
>The universe was dying, the main symptom of which were the incursions, and even in which the earths of 2 universes would collide resulting in the destruction of 1 or 2 universes.
>Black Panther discovers this and reassembled the Illuminati as a countermeasure, he also captured a woman named black Swan, a servant of Rabum Alal who claimed to know about the incursions.
>The Illuminati tried to use the infinity gauntlet to no avail, all gems but the time gem were shattered. While considering the possibility of having to destroy other earths, captain America is kicked out and mind wiped.
>To distract Steve and to combat new threats that have surfaced Tony creates the Avengers machine, basically a massive experimental avengers roster.
>the illuminati survive their first few incursions through luck. One incursion happens in latveria. Dr. Doom takes interest.
>The Avengers continue battling greater cosmic threats while the Illuminati learn more about the incursions, at some point Hulk joins the team.
>Steve finds out that he was mind wiped by Tony. He confronts Tony but the time gem sends him barrelling through time. Steve becomes determined to stop Tony at any cost.
>The Illuminati are finally about to destroy their first world, no one can do it, save for Namor. The Illuminati disband.
>Another incursion occurs immediately after, the Illuminati are surprised to see it end, but its revealed that Namor has formed a new Cabal to stop the incursions.
>At some point the Maker becomes aware of the incursions and begins stopping them on his own.
>8 months later
>Namor asks Doom for help with the Cabal but Doom refuses. Doom has his own plans involving the molecule man.
>The Illuminati are on the run, being pursued by Steve's shield sanctioned avengers. It is revealed that otherworld was attacked and captain Britain is one of the only survivors.

How?
Why did they choose Doom?

>what happened and how did it happened?

Well.

The Beyonders had been experimenting with the Multiverse (as mentioned) but now it turned out, completely out of nowhere, that they decided to blow it all up. To this end, they had placed a bomb in each universe and they were going to push a button and make all the bombs go off in one go.
The catch is that the 'bombs' are actually Molecule Man. That is how he got his power in the first place: the Beyonders turning him into a bomb.
Now, 'our' Molecule Man reached out to Doctor Doom and explained this to him. He had to start killing Molecule Man in every universe to stop the Beyonders from blowing everything up. Doctor Doom travelled back in time and to different universe to do so. He even created a religion or cult around himself, made up from survivors of destroyed universes, to do this work for him; young women he gave super-powers and who worshipped him as 'the Great Destroyer', or as Yabbat calls him, 'Rabum Alal', because she is Sumerian.
Slight catch, though: turns out that if you kill a Molecule Man, his universe then collides with another universe and they destroy each other. This is known as an 'Incursion' and the only way to stop it is to destroy one of the Earths in either universe, because Earth is always the incursion point. Nobody figured this out, because an incursion lasts only eight hours before the universes are destroyed.
Anyway, this wasn't working, so Doom decided on a different strategy: instead of killing Molecule Man, he started gathering them and made one huge super-bomb out of them to destroy the Beyonders.
Well... it worked.... unfortunately he also destroyed 99.999% of all remaining universes with it. The last two remaining universes were 616 and the Ultimate universe, there was a final Incursion and they destroyed each other... and Doom used the power of the Beyonders, which had flowed into the 'original' Molecule Man, to create Battleworld. (cont)

Attached: Rabum Alal b.jpg (655x995, 581K)

>But how did Doom do it?

Travelled through time with his time machine and across realities with the help of Molecule Man.

>And how did he noticed that multiverse was gonna be remaded?

Molecule Man told him the Multiverse was going to be destroyed.

>And there isn't just a Beyonder?

No, there are many Beyonders. Time for a history lesson...

Attached: The Beyonders 1.jpg (1958x1896, 1.59M)

The Molecule Man chose Doom, probably because he is the only one with the skill set and will to do this.

(cont.)
Doom created Battleworld, and more or less constantly re-created it; every patch was part of a world that had been destroyed, and could be created, destroyed, altered or re-created on a whim. Some parts of Battleworld were re-created over and over again.

Attached: The Beyonders 2.jpg (1689x1676, 1.07M)

>Thanks to some anning by Sunspot and Mr. Fantastic the Avengers form a truce with shield. It's revealed that the ones behind the incursions are the beyonders, related to the beyonder from the original secret wars
>The cabal are defeated in a confrontation. They end up with the Maker.
>it is revealed that Dr. Doom was rabum alal the whole time. Molecule man is actually a multiversal bomb made by the beyonders and doom has been trying to "diffuse them" he and Dr. Strange go to fight the beyonders.
>the last incursion is the MU vs the ultimate universe.
>Everything goes to hell but its clear that the Ultimate Universe stands no chance. The Maker and The cabal enter a ship that will keep them and stasis and take them to wahtevers left. Miles Morales stows away.
>There is a similar ship on 616. Using manifolds powers he teleports several heroes who are needed in the coming battle.
>part of the ship breaks and reeds family is lost.
>Doom releases a massive molecule man bomb at the beyonders, killing them. Strange can't handle the power so Doom takes it.
>Battle World is created. Doom is the god emperor
>This was longer than it needed to be

Couldn't you just read the wikipedia synopsis? What are you asking that we can help you with?

Attached: The Beyonders 3.jpg (2000x1860, 1.61M)

Because this is Yea Forums. This is literally why the board exists.
Geesh.
He comes to us for help and this is how you respond?

Attached: The Beyonders 4.jpg (1856x1568, 977K)

based
Yea Forums is more trustable than wikipedia

Attached: The Beyonders 5a.jpg (1958x1920, 1.34M)

Attached: The Beyonders 6.jpg (2000x2000, 1.41M)

Here's the long and short of it.
Multiverse at threat. Doom and Molecule Man more or less save the universe by creating Battleworld. It's basically a bunch of alternate universes all shrunk down to continent sizes and slammed together to form a motly selection of universes all occupying the space of a single planet. All separated by walls and all universes treat Doom as god, more or less. Doom is more or less Odin now and has his own Thor police force of multiverse Thors.

Pockets of the 616 universe survived the original fuckery by stowing away on arc ships that Richards and some other people designed. Richards in particular refuses to let Doom remain as god and does everything in his power to reset the multiverse.

Some shit happens but he more or less succeeds. Molecule Man helps revert the universe.

The new 616 universe is now a fusion with some selective elements of the Ultimate universe. Almost everyone has had their memories rearranged to the extent that they have no memory of the Secret War and all think that the world was always this way.

It's very messy. Logan has a son from the ultimate universe. Miles Morales is here now...so I guess he has zero memory of Ultimate Peter's death and Ozcorp's spider bullshit which gave him his powers etc. He's just black Spider-Man now.

It's just messy and very lazy on the writers part.

Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four (minus Torch and Ben who were left on Earth) spent a while literally recreating the multiverse somehow. They're done with that now.

Attached: 29gj2hv.gif (150x107, 261K)

I should do a few more of these to cover the Sentry.

Attached: The Beyonders 7.jpg (2000x2051, 1.39M)

The thinker figured it out, doom capitalized on the knowledge before the illuminati and positioned himself to be the next big thing after he defeats the beyonders

I would love to see that user

So the Beyonders are still alive?

>Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four (minus Torch and Ben who were left on Earth) spent a while literally recreating the multiverse somehow. They're done with that now.

Also those universes were destroyed by the Griever at the End of All Things.

Griever is the embodiment of the 'sad ending', I guess, and I suppose she came into existence as a sort of allergic reaction from Reality itself to mortals constantly winning in the end.

Attached: All-powerful my ass.jpg (1288x1000, 619K)

We don't know. In this comic it was revealed that the ghost of the Shaper was not talking about the Beyonders, but the embodiments of the previous Multiverses.

I would not be surprised if Ewing eventually reveals that the whole thing was the Beyonders' experiment - not destroying the universe, but how the beings inside it would react to its impending destruction, and that the Beyonders indeed still live, though.

Attached: Ultimate Ultimates.jpg (1300x1000, 599K)

I am convinced the Sentry is the Beyonder.

'Robert Reynolds', his civilian identity, is an anagram of 'RR = Lost Beyonder'.

>Also those universes were destroyed by the Griever at the End of All Things.
Nope

An user suggested the other day that the fourth incarnation of the Multiverse being absent was a reference to Jack Kirby's Fourth World. That would be a very Al Ewing thing to do.

>Robert Reynolds
>Lost Beyonder
>the fourth incarnation of the Multiverse being absent was a reference to Jack Kirby's Fourth World.

Holy shit these make way too much sense.

Attached: 1477688974255.jpg (705x696, 27K)

You mean exactly like Secret War, fag.

I'll check.

(...)

It's not clear, but there is definitely the suggestion. Griever certainly claims she did.

Attached: Fantastic Four 002-011.jpg (2000x1537, 1.43M)

...Nnnnnoooo. "Secret War" was something completely different. You are referring to 'Secret Wars'. The original. Which actually had little in common with this.

See?

Attached: Fantastic Four 002-012.jpg (1000x1537, 682K)

Good work user

Now, they are in a universe Franklin made, so at the very least THAT one wasn't destroyed, but she claims she destroyed all universes, so I am thinking it's the last one; like she destroyed everything else and then devoted all her attention to them.

...No, that can't be correct, because 616 also still exists. Maybe she doesn't consider that a 'false' universe.

Did we ever get an answer on that?

...I'll check the letters pages...

Attached: Fantastic Four 003-014.jpg (620x863, 196K)

Thank you. Autism! It has its upsides.

>Which actually had little in common with this.
Correct, it has more in common with Secret War II than anything else.

Different user, and it has been some time since i have read that issue but i'm pretty sure she was talking about the universe she destroyed up until that point, and she was focusing on Franklin just recently since he put things out of order by recreating them (he reversed the entropy which she embodies)

>Secret War II

This outright does not exist, and it doesn't have much in common with 'Secret Wars II' either.

>she was talking about the universe she destroyed up until that point

I think you must be correct. There's nothing on the letters pages and I can't find it elsewhere either.
Lazy writing.

Is Battleworld a universe separated by walls?
And how can all these universe be amalgamed into une, by the map Battleworld seems a planet

>and it doesn't have much in common with 'Secret Wars II' either.
lol

>Lazy writing.
Not everything needs to be explained into the smallest details, most of the times it is unnecessary and out of place.
Imagine the bad guy presenting himself and then starting to list all the numbers of the universe he destroyed. That's fucking dumb.

Who's the first?

The First Firmament, who wasn't a Multiverse but a single universe

Battleworld is just one planet inside a very, very small pocket universe consisting only of that planet, a teeny tiny sun that orbits it (it's actually Johnny Storm) and the space station Knowhere that serves as its sun. There is no reason to believe the whole thing is more than 100,000 kilometres in diameter.

The walls are literal walls. Actual walls you are not supposed to climb over or go through.

The 'universes' are more like countries.

It would still have been nice if the writers had clarified SOMEWHERE "No, only a quarter of all the new universes were destroyed" or "Yeah, all universes except 616 and the one the Fantastic Four were in were destroyed".

A very big one though.

Attached: Battleworld.jpg (3975x3056, 3.57M)

Moon! Knowhere is the moon, not the sun.

Thank you!

So universes can interact with eachothers so easily?
So Spider-Verse was a lie?

This was an event when the local Multiverse was destroyed and all scraps was pieced together as a single planet.

Things got better and Franklin restored the Multiverse

So Battleworld doesn't exist anymore?

it was just more sjw shit about how much white men suck and all need to be replaced by empowered feminist women and minorities

Nope. It was disassembled by Molecule Man.

>universes can interact with eachothers so easily?

On Battleworld. But there they were not separate universes, just little bits of universes created by Doom and pasted onto a planet.

Normally universes are strictly separated.

Speaking as a cishet white male: let go of the pearls, buddy.

nobody cares if it does, pretty sure all the interesting concepts from battleworld got its own realities in multiverse already.

Actually I lie. Battleworld endured for a while and was used as a playground by the Grandmaster in the comic 'Contest of Champions'. As of now, it still exists.

Attached: Contest of Champions (2015-) 010-026.jpg (1000x1537, 825K)

Wait, are the territories of Battleworld big as a universe or little as a continent?

Me remembers that am me never had this [DJIFF] on me Siemens M65 forward in the day

Attached: Bizarro written and drawn by Jim Starlin.jpg (1600x1254, 521K)

Thank you for posting this, I was missing page 6. So I take it you made it? Nice work if so, I've used it as reference before. Good to see people here deeply invested in the cosmology.

Attached: Ultimates 2 (2016-) 004-005.jpg (1000x1538, 456K)

Little as a continent or even smaller, country-sized. If 'Manhattan' is to scale, it's actually even smaller than that.

It might be symbolic. Doom was powerful enough to create a universe or even a multiverse, but all he made was one measly planet with a few countries, just for his own pitiful amusement.

>sentry vs doc ock
Rip ock

Sometimes reading a wiki article about a specific character it becomes painfully obvious it was was written by someone with a very basic grasp on English composition. Lots of "and then" over and over for several paragraphs, and obviously written iteratively with no subsequent editing.

its doom writen by hickman so i think we all know what that means

I did make it, and now I am inordinately proud someone use it.

And it's not even ock! Look, he has only two tentacles. Doctor Hex?

>Sometimes reading a wiki article about a specific character it becomes painfully obvious it was was written by someone with a very basic grasp on English composition. Lots of "and then" over and over for several paragraphs

Kind of like the Gospel of Mark, then.
>Kai euthus

Huh. I should include the Never Queen in my micro-cosmology (Micro because there is a much bigger one).

Attached: Marvel Universe.jpg (1700x1700, 600K)

Absolutely. It was an awesome run of Avengers/New Avengers and Secret Wars was a fantastic event. A lot of the side story tie ins were great too.

That's mostly due to the collaborative aspect of Wikipedia, although the fact that nobody fucking bothers to do some editorial work on it and just adds every single little thing without thinking that maybe it doesn't fit or makes sense is really infuriating. Sometimes it's all about the stuff you don't reference.
Of course. I've been meaning to make a few charts as well encompassing the stuff Ewing introduced regarding the multiverse as well as the timeline of the death of the sixth and birth of the seventh, which is something I've noticed many struggle with.
This chart, for instance, while it has some problems it's also one of the most elaborate ones I've seen and can be fixed more or less easily.

Attached: Marvel_Cosmology-1478154023086-fs8.png (4990x4584, 451K)

He could also just read the event itself because it's actually good.

New Avengers is great
Avengers is meh
Secret Wars is somewhere in the middle

And the actual secret wars TPB only starts at the 7th greentext from the bottom with nothing to catch you up on anything and that’s the problem

Do you where does begin the reading order of Secret Wars TPB?

Is (comic) Dr Doom /ourguy/ since he is so base-badass?

It's garbage, though.

Do I know where the reading order begins? Know, I can’t remember if it lists it on the first few pages

I mean, in which comic does Doom learn the truth about the Beyonders and learn ehat is the Molecule Man?

yeah that would be the best thing, even the tie-in were mostly good.

Same user here. In second thought, all of it was trash, so my advice is to avoid it at all cost.

Don't bother, it sucked

>being this pathetic to falsefag

How pissed are you dipshit?

HIckman's New Avengers, around the issue #32

This.
There were a few duds, but the list of good if not great SW books vastly out numbers them.

Civil War, Modock, Ghost Racers, Little Marvel, and the Hydra one-shot are my top picks.

Attached: 16.jpg (1200x1845, 1.05M)

Aww, are you going to cry?

Literally not one of those is good if you read something other than capeshit. Jesus christ, and people compare this to Crisis. Crisis was the fucking iliad, this is a MCU flick.

>playing though on an image forum

I hope you are underage because otherwise you are legally retarded and i'd feel bad for talking shit about you.

Oh you are having a breakdown, nice.

Do not reply to spergs

It's the issue 33 of Hickman New Avengers

>the Hydra one-shot
I skipped that one, i think i'm going to catch up on it in a totally legal way.

It's okay user, you just don't know how to enjoy comics.

Stop feeling so jaded and just have fun again.

Attached: clean.jpg (750x1139, 906K)

Do you cover your ears everytime someone offers negative criticism about something?

>it is just criticism

I don't think you know what the word mean, Bangladesh.

>what the word mean
We've got a self-hating Pedro over here.

Stop feeding the troll user.

So anyone not sucking Hickman's cock is a troll?

Is this real? Haha they did a riff on Roy Liechtenstein (which in itself is a riff on a lot of classic romance novels) and I wasn't aware? I need to read this stuff...
Is there an actual Secret Wars omnibus?

I don't think so.
An omni that collects all the tie ins would be big enough to kill 2 men in one hit since during SW EVERY book Marvel had was put on hold and they didn't publish anything that wasn't SW related.

>it's actually good.

The art is gorgeous. The story, not so much.

Also, do you mean all of it? Or just 'Secret Wars'? And just the main series or all of the tie-ins?

Doom is nobody's guy.
Doom stands alone.
Doom is Doom!

What's nice about it? He's right.

As a torrent, no doubt.

Well that explains a lot, would be nice to at least have some cohesive collection that allows you to follow the story from beginning to end without losing anything (and trimming the fat obviously), but as it turns out it's just too big.
I started reading comics at my late age around the tail end of Secret Wars, so I really didn't understand what was happening (I'm 32 now), but given my affinity to cosmic Marvel stuff, I've been meaning to sit down to read the whole thing instead of bits and pieces.
Hah yes, that's always an option.

Well, the thing is, the best parts of SW is the fat that would be trimmed.

At least we can just have Doom as our Lord and Emperor of mankind and of everything can pray for him

Understandable. One of the few SW tie-ins I read was Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps, and while it wasn't anything to write home about, I was fascinated by the existence of a "Thor Corps" they consisted of every Thor every plus some change. And they were just there without explanation.

The little side stories were pretty neat. The Nova one was my favorite.

Doom is a very shitty written Mary Sue. If you want to call that your guy, it says a lot about you.

Aren't you the guy who sperged out about Doom in a Hulk thread a day or to ago and got banned?

>But can you explain to me what happened and how did it happened?
Doomwank and Doomwank

Now add the X-Men in there

Attached: 1564670948965.png (1764x1287, 1.28M)

Hickman seems the 2015 Aaron

You made these? They're great. Are there anymore floating around on the inter webs?

So he was the one that shitted on the Ultimates series

Thank you. And no, not yet.

Nah. That was Loeb.

The art was strangely shoddy and low quality.
I don't know what the fuck was up with that.

Wut?

One of the chief subplots for Hickman's run (but especially New Avengers under Hickman) was that a woman named Black Swan (part of an all female death cult of the same name) landed on Earth and told the Illuminati the multiverse was dying because Rabum Alal, a cosmic destroyer, was born and that the Swans were his flunkies monitoring his destruction of the multiverse as part of a war with the "Ivory Kings" which had universes die when their earths collide, in an event called "An Incursion".

The Illuminati struggle to stop the Incursions and save creation, but Doctor Doom was not allowed to participate in this work. Because around this time, it was revealed that Doom had been the one who drove Scarlet Witch insane and caused the events of Avengers Disassembled (in order to fuck a cosmic horror entity he put inside of Wanda's body) and later, manipulated Wanda and said cosmic entity to wipe out 90% of all mutantkind and Iron Man, Beast, Namor, and company refused to have anything to do with Doom as a result. Doom eventually found out about the Incursions and recruited Molecule Man to investigate.

Doom and Molecule Man travel outside of time/space and discover that there is no "Rabum Alal" and that the Ivory Kings are the Beyonders. The Beyonders, who gave Molecule Man his powers, had done so in order to create a universe destroying bomb in every single alternate universe in existence as they had gotten bored with the multiverse and wanted to start fresh. They murdered every cosmic entity in existence (Living Tribunal, Celestials, Galactus, etc) in secret over the course of the Hickman run so they couldn't stop them from detonating every single "bomb". Molecule Man in turn, revealed that he was working with Doom to make him his henchman: ordering him to kill every version of himself in existence and when it proved too slow a task for Doom, he created the Rabum Alal identity to create the Cult of the Black Swans to do his killing for him.

But one Black Swan (the one with the Illuminati) realized the truth that Doom was a fake and went rogue, as the Beyonders threw a tantrum at Doom fucking up their plans and started causing universes to collide to try and get rid of the worlds where their "bomb" had been eliminated. This rogue Swan then started trolling people on each world as she road the "wheel" of colliding earths, taunting and corrupting each worlds heroes. She never told them the truth about Doom, because she wanted to turn the Illuminati into mass murderers and then watch as their world eventually died.

Black Swan ended up corrupting Dr Strange, who went rogue and created his own cult, "The Red Priests"; cosmic horror beings that destroy Earths so that the universe will be passed over the Incursions. Thor and Hyperion found out what Strange was doing and Strange saved his hide by revealing that he knew where the Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal were nad asked them to kill one (the Ivory Kings) while he killed the other (Strange killing Rabum Alal).

When Strange went to kill Rabum Alal, he found out he was facing Doom and learned the truth that the Beyonders were the real villain and that Black Swan had been lying to everyone for the evilulz.

By this point, Molecule Man realized they had to kill the Beyonders and him and Doom now were kidnapping Molecule Men so they could be flung at the Beyonders and detonated, to kill them off. They do so but in the process, they wiped out about 99.8% of the remaining multiverse leaving fragments that Doom (having also absorbed portions of Beyonder power in the pre-blast fight via his armor, as a fail safe) welded together to create a new planet.

This BTW was done via force of will in the wake of destruction and Doom not being a pussy. It turned out that Molecule Man spared Strange simply to have him be the one to recreate reality thinking he would be a more moral choice but Strange turned out to be a pussy, forcing Doom to do it instead.

The Thor and Hawkeye are actually good

The Thor Corps alone makes it worth the read

that's sadly common in Marvel Events.

No, it was Hickman and Loeb

I'd say most of the secret war books were at least decent, many were good, it's just the main event ended up being super rushed. It should have been 12 issues at least, but having your whole year or more taken up with nothing but one cross-connected story was too long obviously. As a capstone story for the F4 I still think the whole event is pretty great, if they'd retired the characters for a long time then I'd have no problem with it.

The more of it you read the more worth it it is. The event issues themselves won't give you much you need the lead in and the other secret wars books for context imo.

Somebody know what happened to Earth X?

How very Snyder of them.

Ultimately this is all resolved when Doom admits he needs Reed's help to recreate the universe. Doom's face is restored and everyone is happy forever for a few minutes until the next writer fucks it up.

>How very Snyder of them
Zack Snyder or Scott Snyder?

The Battleworld version of Weird world also still exists.