Let's face it

It's good. Lets accept the fact and move on with our lives.

Attached: She Ra.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_crow
youtube.com/watch?v=l63nY0AYebI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People can have differing opinions OP 'tis a fact of life

I think it's good, but is also correct

This show is dyke propaganda

I've been made to eat crow before, but it was particualy tasty this time around. Didn't hate S1 at all, but it was just OK whereas S2 and S3 were pretty good and great respectively.

yeah, but "stupid sjw dyke toned down the sexy, so it's total shit" isn't really valid criticism.

>Crow
Excuse me?

>draw ben 10
>give him a wig
wow so progressive

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_crow

>It's good because I say so

Uh huh

Just not in animation.
Or worldbuilding.
Or consistent characters.
Or intimidating threats.
Or stakes.
Or good pacing.
Or good humor.
And for sure not good action.

So sure, if you ignore all of that, you have Korra with shitty animation and action.

s
ESL or something?

>worldbuilding
opinion discarded

Funny, it got all of those things over the course of S2+S3.

No. I've just never heard of that idiom.

But the villains are so funny! That makes up for the fact that this supposed war has literally no real tension that anyone is actually going to get hurt. They "Killed off" a character this season and they're already hinting her totally not a fakeout death was, gasp, a fakeout!

Its like they hired animators and writers for a comedy show but accidentally got pitched as an action show, so now you have a whole lot of hires who mostly draw tween comedy trying to animate action scenes or serious moments.

>Thinking is mainly about the war and not the characters
>Thinking is meant to be full action and not, again, about the characters

Not the show's fault the point passed so far up your head. S1 was average, S2 was better and S3 is actually pretty great.

Is not for everyone but is good at what it's set to do.

Oh yeah, it really upped the animation-whoops.
Worldbuilding! We got two whole locations and-whoops.
Characters are very consistent now, like Glimmer or bow-whoops.
Hordak has never been more intimidating now that he-whoops.
Man, what stakes, literally everything got undone and the rushed and disconnected 'sacrifice' is already hinted at not sticking-whoops.
But at least Glimmers dad is probably-whoops.
Oh thank goodness we got good pacing to build up Gimmer and Shadow Weavers actions-whoops.
Good humor is up to you man, I don't judge people who watch Loud House and I'm not going to judge now.
And wow, what great and not at all stiff action thats even worse than the season 1 finale-whoops.

But hey, that shitty action scene at least had catra all weird looking, that's new.

>>Thinking is mainly about the war and not the characters
Then why the fuck is it focused in so many episodes if its not important?

>Not the show's fault the point passed so far up your head
Then that's their fault for making it the focus of the first episodes and in fact skipped over Adora joining up with the rebellion to less than a footnote, there wasn't any character development period between her jumping from Hoard to Glim and Bow besties, which is fine if this is supposed to get her in the action.

If the war isn't important, shut the fuck up about it and do something else instead of focusing on it.

>whine the whole season
>gets an ex machina at the end
nope

But user, its not about the shitty action scene, its about the characters!

So instead of using the reality warping plot device to have a non-action and more personal oriented scene, we got some really bad animation punches, since that's not the important part. I mean how bad at your job do you have to be to go "Okay, I have a plot device that literally rewrites reality, and I really suck at action scenes, how to resolve the conflict between these two characters who are both in a position to use the reality warping... I know! Really bad fight scene!"

the only reason to watch this show

Attached: 1564796931050.png (1248x1563, 1.21M)

>Hordak has never been more intimidating now that he-whoops.
But he got a waifu and looked sad. Fear him.

>Then why the fuck is it focused in so many episodes if its not important?
Because they're stuck to the original.

>Then why the fuck is it focused in so many episodes if its not important?
It's the context of the setting, is important, sure, but not the main focus, hence why there's no much talk about strategies or who controls who or troop numbers or something.
if it was more war-focused we would, for example, waste less time with the villains, because a lot of the tension can be lost if we know the part of their strategy.

Is not a perfect show but the focus of it is not the war, but rather how everyone interacts with each other.

>the and the rushed and disconnected 'sacrifice'
Even as someone who liked this better than the other seasons, mostly because of Hordak and Entrapa's scenes, if anyone actually tries to say that wasn't rushed and poorly done I'm going to have to fight them, they wrecked what could have been a huge scene and I'm still bitter about it.

Based
The show is suffering because the writers still want to leave Catra an opening for romance with Adora despite said cat lady being a Chaotic Evil Sociopath

It's no more dyke propaganda than the original He-Man was faggot propaganda

If i want to fuck Catra, i am a furry?

Why haters criticize the animation so much. It's more than decent compared to most cartoons today. Yet praise shows like steven universe which actually have somewhat mediocre animation.

This post reeks if tumblr.

Yes, but you're in fine company.

do you really wanna put your dick in something that crazy? I mean she was gonna destroy reality because Adora dumped her

>It's the context of the setting,
If the context of the setting is a war, then the setting is serious, and if its completely mishadled the entire setting no longer holds the same context or weight to any scene because why would it? How do you have a setting between two wars yet have it be inconsequential to the overarching narrative and fail to drive the plot?

>hence why there's no much talk about strategies
There were entire episodes about that one, season 2 started with this shit with the Horde as to their strategy and training, season 1 had her use that to save Perfuma's land.

>if it was more war-focused we would, for example, waste less time with the villains,
Okay in this particular case, you're just being wrong. I don't blame you, you probably don't watch a lot of war films or series, I understand its not your thing, but consistently war films perform better when both sides of the conflict are established and fully fleshed out. I get you probably don't want to watch a lot of bloodshed or gore or what have you, and probably really like feel good stuff since you're watching this, so for my example I'd suggest watching Joyeux Noël, its a wonderful wartime film that still manages to get to the human heart of it and both sides of it are fully fleshed out and nuanced.

>Is not a perfect show but the focus of it is not the war,
Then fuck off with it, there's no more establishment to be had and if they can't do it right, stop wasting time on it.

>haters
Get the fuck out of here.

It started off meh, but the recent season was really great.

Poor Cat

Attached: cat stradle.png (640x360, 225K)

>just accept our propaganda brainwashing goy, what are you? a racist bigot?

Attached: oyvey.jpg (604x604, 40K)

No Catra scores acceptably on the official chart

Attached: furry.jpg (311x393, 29K)

She needs some fucking therapy man.

>Why haters criticize the animation so much.
Because its just plain awful by every stretch, especially since it tries to do action scenes?

>It's more than decent compared to most cartoons today
A fellow netflix original Stetch Armstrong has lightyears better animation, and even that is pretty lacking to straight up comedies like Powerpuff girls.

>Yet praise shows like steven universe
People make entire clips about that shitty inconsistent animation too, its the one universal complaint.

I too saw that comic.

She needs a penis inside her and motherhood

>Joyeux Noël
Absolute 10/10 taste, why the fuck are you wasting time watching She-Ra?

The show focuses its conflict on the central characters and makes no attempt to give the rebellion any scale beyond it. I find it distracting at times but prefer it to them trying to make it something it's not. There's really no point arguing about whether the show should be something it isn't trying to be.

she needs Adora

she's just really bad at getting her

Go ride your domme's strapon and leave us alone, no one here cares about this misandrist propaganda.

>motherhood
When she's got all those mommy issues she needs to work through first?

>if it was more war-focused we would, for example, waste less time with the villains,
Beast Wars was shitting on this idea with 90's CGI animation, and it still looked less stiff.

Do you mean fucking therapy or FUCKING therapy

she would only be ok with something like that if it was Adora's

>There's really no point arguing about whether the show should be something it isn't trying to be.
But it is trying to be it, it keeps pushing these stupid and badly done, toothless plots into the narrative but can't actually do anything with it, and don't give me ratings crap, we've had dozens of battle cartoon shows that actually had skirmishes and war.

Just have the Horde stop trying to take over and move on now that Hordak doesn't care, its only a hindrance to the narrative since its so poorly done yet so often the focus. Be what its supposed to be, not a crappier version of GI-Joe.

It's one that's fallen out regular use

Shadow Weaver will teach Glimmer the same way she taught her father

Attached: I need an adult.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>When she's got all those mommy issues she needs to work through first?
I would watch a mommy Catra show just to see the cycle continue

Catra has no mom

Attached: 1564874129140.png (540x410, 139K)

> Powerpuff girls has better animation than Dyke-ra.

What kind of peyote are you anally ingesting? True she-ra has no superb animation for post 2010's standards. But most 90s cartoons wish they had animation like today's.
Unless you are referencing the 2016 reboot, which would probably be worse.

Are you going to help support the show by buying the toys, Yea Forums?

Attached: 78A323ED-2D84-4C2F-B5D3-8C550777D534.jpg (4032x3024, 3.82M)

>But most 90s cartoons wish they had animation like today's.
I'm really thankful you went just that little extra mile. It was a risk, but you went with it.

>its only a hindrance to the narrative since its so poorly done yet so often the focus.

I agree, the idea that there's a war is basically a vestigial plot point by now. Which is why I don't think there's any reason to treat the show as though it's about war.

>Because its just plain awful by every stretch, especially since it tries to do action scenes?
Not to anyone who's not a reactionary idiot terrified of anything not promoting Leave It To Beaver ideals.

Haha please post screencaps of Tumblristas saying they're literally shaking at this #FatErasure and body negativity. I know they must be out there and the salt must be delicious.

does anyone have the twitter pics of the creator being an sjw

I like animation too, I just really like war films on top of it. Its a nice ying/yang.

Glimmer isn't really all that fat, she just has a bit of pudge on her.

Which ain't a bad thing at all

>Aha! The animation isn't terrible, you're a bigot!
>No don't look up our creators opinions shut up.

>. Which is why I don't think there's any reason to treat the show as though it's about war.
Well its too late for that now, they already did it for one normal season's worth of episodes, but they really should just drop it and quietly sweep it under the rug. Just don't bring it up, nobody will notice, or if they will they'd be happy the writers stopped failing all over them and actually made the SOL character driven comedy/drama they wanted to make.

Glimmer body shape is weird

Attached: egglimmer.jpg (871x1015, 101K)

Glimmer is literally square

Your the sort of guy which takes a comment in on a trailer by saying "Looks good based on A, B, C (etc) but that one joke was not the best. 8/10" As "Liberals Loosing their Mind over new...Trailer" aren't you?

Glimmer is thicc

and Bow's gonna black her

Attached: 1559712786545.jpg (1168x601, 90K)

She's already a Nig tho

They basically did though, and I was able to brush it aside just fine. I don't think it's the show's fault that you're personally distracted by the concept.

That's not a real situation that happens but if you're asking if I enjoy seeing snowflakes get triggered the answer is yes.

>Father is white
>Mother is a pink angel
what

Racists are not and never were logically consistent. News at 11.

I don’t care about “fat representation” but the doll has weird proportions; they wanted to make her “thicc”, but she still has a narrow waist.

Attached: 674DBAA1-EBAD-4CF7-9972-D6D2C5682D9A.jpg (449x1280, 262K)

>That's not a real situation that happens
uh-huh.
youtube.com/watch?v=l63nY0AYebI

She's literally brown

>They basically did though,
Still the focus of several episodes in the newest season, all of it done badly, so maybe next time just don't? Just stop, stop doing it, stop bringing it up and focusing on it, its so bad, its so utterly, terribly bad at it, how are they this bad at it.

> I don't think it's the show's fault that you're personally distracted by the concept.
So you introduce this world via training for war, set up the initial conflict be a promotion to do more in the war, have our characters main turning point in the very first episodes being the horrors she witnessed of war, have several early episodes be focused entirely on going to war and driving back invading forces, have character scenes in season 2 be all about how they uniquely strategize for war, and yet somehow, somehow, its not the shows fault that hey, maybe this war seemed like a big deal and then you really did a very poor job doing it?

Arguments about on par with the writing for it, I guess.

>linking Shaun
Will you link Young Turks next?

I didn't like how "S2" was basically all the not plot heavy episodes with a cliffhanger at the end, fuck netflix an their retarded split seasons. Now to wait for another batch of 6 episodes.

ah damn, you guys got hit with that dumb split season thing?

Yes, and it might backfire since Netflix is apparently scaling back everything. It still hasn't been renewed, even though the other seasons had by this time, we really have to hope that Dreamwork's deal with them is strong enough they'll keep the show alive, but they might be weary after the titanic bomb that was Voltron. Toys better sell.

renewed? user they already finished 52 episodes, this is the half way point

>Yes, and it might backfire since Netflix is apparently scaling back everything. It still hasn't been renewed, even though the other seasons had by this time
Fuck yes! Couldn't pick a more deserving show to get Tuca-and-Bertie'd. Get woke, go broke.

Ain't that the truth!

They asked at Comicon to push for a season 4, and we know for a fact they didn't actually animate everything since they only renewed the production of this half of the season two days before the last one premiered. She said she's worked it out but not that everything is finished..

>have character scenes in season 2 be all about how they uniquely strategize for war
You mean the episode where they play dungeons and dragons?

The show's central conflict is still between the Horde and the Rebellion, it's just that the focus has shifted and there's an actual plot reason for doing so. Since Entrapta is far more effective at working with first one's tech then Hordak he's shifted the Horde's focus to finding more of it in hopes of opening the portal, rather than prosecuting the war as he had been in the past. You just seem so autistically obsessed with war as a concept that you can't accept that the objectives had changed.

WHy the hell weren't there VOltron toys?

>WHy the hell weren't there VOltron toys?
There were, but since they were made by Playmates half the figures in the line never made it to production. The paladin figures sold like shit, only thing people wanted were the lions

>The show's central conflict is still between the Horde and the Rebellion,
So drop that, completely drop that and never mention it again, because everything before now on it has been absolute garbage writing that only hampered, not helped, the narrative. If Catra had been bitter about Adora joining an ivy league prep school and then dropping out for a whacky fun one, it would have had the narrative stakes of this and that's just absolute garbage writing.

> Since Entrapta is far more effective at working with first one's tech then Hordak he's shifted the Horde's focus to finding more of it in hopes of opening the portal, rather than prosecuting the war as he had been in the past.
There's the excuse, drop the war stuff, they can't write it well and its only making the whole show worse. Stop focusing on it and action and just fuck off with the whole concept.

>ou just seem so autistically obsessed with war as a concept that you can't accept that the objectives had changed.
Oh well you threw 'autistic in there so that counters the examples the show pushed, and that every argument thus far has been repeating "Stop doing it you are a really shitty writer and there are no stakes" over and over again. It doesn't help the previous ones, they fucked those up and that terrible writing isnt' going away, so stop doing it and do something else.

Hordak goes off to find Entrapta after Scorpia spills the beans and the Hoard now doesn't have orders to attack, so everyone mostly does SOL stuff the writers want to do instead of the war stuff they won't or can't do. Bam, problem solved, stop doing what you're shit at and do the better parts. It won't fix the bad parts from before, but there's less going forwards. This isn't complicated.

>Wanna sell Voltron toys
>Don't make Lions first

That was dumb.

They did make the lions first, you can buy all five at your nearest liquidation store because they sold like shit. They also made a lego Voltron and released a classic Voltron.

>where they play dungeons and dragons?
I'm sure Adora's idea came from wargames the horde would use to train their soldiers.
But of course for dumbasses like Bow and Glimmer it was just a tabletop game.

>>Father is white
He's some kind of oriental.

They did a lot of merch for it, I think they never got to the paladin weapons like they wanted to because the sales were absolute shit, but they did make them and push them. It just absolutely tanked, leading them to reverse course from their stretched out seasons to just dumping pretty much all of the stuff they'd already paid for as quickly as they could, even if it meant seasons were all kinds of fucked up.

Just from thread osmosis I can acknowledge this but it's just too ugly for me. I hope y'all enjoy your show though.

Attached: 1551068072794.jpg (800x444, 22K)

>A handful of SJWs complain about Doom Eternal on twitter
>A bunch of youtubers make videos to laugh at them
>This soiboi makes a 25 minute long (!) video about the fact that it was just a few SJWs who were being laughed at
Wow, get a life! No one claimed the whole left was up in arms about it, people were just making fun of the handful of morons who were.

Most of the cast being female (both villains and heroes) and some LGBT stuff qualifies as Misandrist?

I really can't comprehend what you want from all this. From the beginning the Rebellion and Hordes were basically just posses surrounding Angella and Hordak respectively, their guards and goons were always just their to give a sense of scale which I agree they failed to achieve.

I, and a lot of people, enjoyed how the conflict between these posses developed, and liked how the individual characters motivations and personalities impacted their loyalties. I enjoyed it enough that I could ignore how the scale was largely ostensible and didn't justify the alleged stakes and am glad they continued the way they did (except the last two episodes) instead of turning the show into, I don't know, Azumanga Daioh (SoL gets thrown around too much).

Don't threaten me with a good time.

I believe he's making no attempt to advance anything that bears anything other than a passing resemblance to a logical arguement in regards to the show.

Attached: Not an Argument.png (586x373, 326K)

>Get woke, go bro-

Attached: Black_Panther_film_poster.jpg (220x326, 144K)

I don't watch the series, I just read tumblr and get mad - The Post

Yes, that's what he said, some fucking therapy

I wanna fuck SW do I have mommy issues?

Attached: 765434356.png (400x400, 148K)

Oooo cute rat

>Hordak has never been more intimidating now that he-whoops.
He's been shown to be a damn effective leader. The guy built an empire on his own out a wrecked starship. He recognizes talent and uses it well and is good at keeping order in The Ranks.

>whip out sheras second sword
>pins catra down and fucks her without hesitation
>"you did this"
>"this is all your fault"

yeah it's good. but we all have different taste

I don't like Amphibia and can't understand how anybody can enjoy being blueballed by that finale and by burying the calamity box.

Attached: 1551417965997.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

It's bland. Which makes it accurate to a reboot of a cartoon that was just as bland, I'd just like to think that we moved past stilted jokes, stiff action, predictable plots, and amateurish voice acting. I thought modern-day cartoonists cared a bit more than 80's production crews who sometimes felt like they were just rushing shit out because Hasbro told them to, but I guess not.

Attached: noooooooooo.jpg (1920x2160, 796K)

ow!

I just found the show kind of boring and the characters were on average more obnoxious than they were endearing.

Watching the first six or so episodes was a strugle. Funny for a show called "She-Ra and the princesses of power" that the titular princesses are the most boring part, thankfuly they get sidelined pretty much all the time.

Same

It wasn't really woke, though. The villain was a black nationalist revolutionary. Yes he was a sympathetic character with legitimate grievances, but still the villain. Just like Magneto is still a villain even though he's a holocaust survivor. The hero promoted a more moderate path. The movie was unprecedented in directly appealing to black audiences so it made a lot of money. It wasn't overly preachy, and it even had a sympathetic white character as an introduction to Wakanda so white audiences wouldn't feel shut out.

This, the whole message of the movie was "it's not okay to have violent revolutions if you're a black person" it was the direct opposite to being woke yet Disney managed to sell it to leftist thanks to relentless marketing.

>and amateurish voice acting
The jokes can vary but usually Adora and the antagonists get good stuff; and the action is either lacking or terrible. But the voice acting doesn't come across as amateur.
Also
>predictable plots
What plot in a cartoon that you have seen did you not see occurring and yet it did?

>Noble Spear weilding africans tell bitter african american to stop being violent and that his idea of overthrowing the current regimes is bad and he should feel bad
>Woke

Woke isn't about skin color.

>and the action is either lacking or terrible
I mean I guess it's redundant to say both but it doesn't have to be either or, its very lacking and that makes it terrible.

The first season was rather boring, but it's getting better. The animation still is kind of amateurish and I really hate the lineart in this show, but oh well.

The ripped off the plot from "For The Man Who Has Everything" for the finale.

>I believe he's making no attempt to advance anything that bears anything other than a passing resemblance to a logical arguement in regards to the show.
In response to
> I enjoyed it enough that I could ignore how the scale was largely ostensible and didn't justify the alleged stakes
Which was responding to
>stop doing what you're shit at and do the better parts.

This thread is kinda magical when you sit back and look at the positive responses to this show, its almost as funny as watching someone trying to explain the failed elements over and over like hitting their head into a wall, and all he gets for his trouble is
>I, and a lot of people, enjoyed how the conflict between these posses developed,
Thats it, all that explaining and it boils down to
>I like it and yeah it sucks but its awesome and other people like it so whatever its great even though its bad

You wasted a lot of time on a brick wall but damn it was fun watching you smack into it.

Attached: There is no love in this world but I smile.jpg (823x454, 27K)

>What plot in a cartoon that you have seen did you not see occurring and yet it did?
There is a difference between being surprised and simply not knowing where the story is going to go yet. You don't have to be surprised, you simply not have to make the next step in the story completely obvious. You know in most movies, the protagonist is gonna win, but you still wanna see how they do it.

She-Ra isn't intriguing enough for me to want to follow the heroes journey to vanquish evil.

>This thread is kinda magical when you sit back and look at the positive responses to this show,
The positive responses are, just looking at this thread alone
>Catra
>Adora punched Catra
>Yeah everything else sucked but the animation is better than the 90s
>Except the action
>Okay the action too
>The only people who hate it are those who want Leave It To Beaver level of moral television
>I liked it and a LOT(emphasis there) of other people too
>Hordak and Entrapta are the only reason to watch the show
>Its not about the setting its about the characters
>Voice acting doesn't come across as amateur
Probably skipped one or two but that's pretty much it.
Archives show none of the threads today topped 90 posters, so you're apparently in good company, this back and forth must be really entertaining to a very small subsection of people. Just like She-Ra's Audience.

>criticize the animation so much

Because it's really not that good. I'll admit this season looked a bit better though.

>Yet praise shows like steven universe which actually have somewhat mediocre animation.

SU looks pretty ass too. I honestly never understood the praise.

>Archives show none of the threads today topped 90 posters,
I don't believe that, its a new season dropping so usually even shitty shows get up over 100. I mean Dragon Prince's thread is over 90 and its halfway to bump limit I might be wrong but usually at least it gets to 100, Tuca and Bertie did.

It's pretty solid little girl cartoon, not as good as that show that shall not be named but then again American animation industry has mostly bad little girl shows.

Also I love the theme they went for in this season, that you're responsible for your own actions and you have only yourself to blame when things go bad. It's actually rather surprising because She-ra was supposed to be "the SJW show" but then you have Adora just giving up on Catra and telling her to stop being such an incel.

The main season 3 thread actually got 127 posters and the Catra thread got 92 posters.

>A fellow netflix original Stetch Armstrong

And now you made me sad that's not getting any more seasons. Fuck Netflix.

Jokes a side this scene killed me so bad