Cyborg

Why does DC keep trying to shill him as a Justice League member? If they need to fill a diversity quota, Black Lightning and Bumblebee exist. Hell, Bumblebee could even fill in the tech support role that Cyborg currently fills (even though that role was pretty much already filled by Batman)

Attached: B0BE65B0-4579-4E9D-8530-0887B99BF8FB.jpg (2550x1667, 1009K)

>Why does DC keep trying to shill him as a Justice League member?
They don't.

Because TT made him popular and TTG made him keep this popularity.

The problem is that comic and movie cyborg is nothing like tt/ttg cyborg who is basically a fratboy big bro comic relief of the team, he's a character without personality besidess being sad sometimes

Attached: 4091944-robinapproves.png (1382x770, 2M)

fuck TT cyborg

but also fuck this shoehorning. if you want a black guy on the justice league, use Steel. Steel is awesome, and you'll get marvelbucks because you have your very own Iron Man

>Because TT made him popular and TTG made him keep this popularity.
Not OP. But the show did the same thing for Raven and Starfire and they're still nowhere near core JL status the way Cyborg is written.

Steel is basically Superman sidekick.

Because they fill no diversity quota since WW is around.

Doom Patrol has the best take on Cyborg
>traumatized from lack of emotional support from father
>Constantly paranoid about his machine half taking over his body
>tries to be a leader but doesn't command respect
Why can't the comics do this?

Blame Hal Fags. Their fat ass wanted Hal on the Justice League so bad that DC just ended up shoehorning their second most popular black hero on the JL over John Stewart.

Hilariously enough they only ended up shooting themselves on the foot by doing this, seeing as how the Green lantern movie bombed and Marvel took the opportunity to make a quick billion of a demand for a popular black superhero. Johns then tried to have Stewart killed in 2013, only for him to get a bunch of fan backlash and for his fall guy to refuse his plot to kill Stewart and have him walk out on DC.

DC will perpetually be plagued by mindless idiots that refuse to do market research

Attached: d9e9ye6-c6330ea3-cdba-4774-b7d1-4be7d491eae0.jpg (720x960, 68K)

The Martian Manhunter / John Jones doesn't count?
They already have a black core member with the Martian Manhunter and a female core member with Wonder Woman.

If that's not enough for the diversity quota, then honestly that logically calls for someone like Vixen or someone to be promoted to a core member. A black woman. Bam! Two in one.
And if she isn't big enough to be lucrative moneywise, then do Starfire. Is she black? Maybe not but she is colored and unlike Vixen she is popular.

I don't see why the diversity calls for Cyborg specifically.

>Martian Manhunter / John Jones doesn't count?
Why would he?

Because John Jones is a black man.

The only time in the comics the John Jones persona has been black is the current Martian Manhunter book by Orlando, which is an elseworld and also made J'onn a crooked cop

They have to pay Tony S. Daniel royalties for Black Lightning and Bumblebee is a literally who.

protip: you should put diversity quotas on your media only after people already like it
see: the white male centric MCU

he should have been a second wave JLeaguer or debuted in a TT movie.

A TT movie is almost impossible to fail

>MM
Not black and overpowered
>inb4 Superman is OP too
Superman powers are basically the strenght + speed + lazer combo, it can't solve everything.

Meanwhile Martian can mind rape an entire world, turn invisible and intangible. Almost no villain can defeat him.

Geof Johns really loved those last seasons of Super Friends in the 80's where Cyborg was on the team with Firestorm, and they were fighting Darkseid who was wanted to marry Wonder Woman.

>Black Lightning and Bumblebee exist.
Those 2 are far worse choices than Cyborg, they have worse mythos than Vic.

Vixen is the superior token choice

>almost no villain can defeat Jobbing: The Character

Give me one good reason to give a shit about Bumblebee, and how she can compete with Wasp.

These anons know what's up.

Attached: Vixen DCAU.jpg (800x1327, 108K)

She makes her own gadgets and doesn't just seduce the closest mad genius into augmenting her to fulfill her adrenaline habit and power fetish

Why the fuck do you think he Job? Because basically nothing can defeat him unless is some cosmic villain like Darkseid, Despero, Brainiac or Starro

I always feel Vixen could make a good pick for the black member, and the animal based power is a good classic one that surprisingly few superheroes have, but the thing is, its clear DC Warner etc. wants a male black hero to sell to little black boys. So of course, the best option is to give them the least popular of DC's big 7 heroes(Batman, superman, Wonder-woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and...Robin, sorry J'onn, but its true). Unfortunately, because Green Lantern was popular for a few years, we have to keep pushing Hal until geoff Johns finally gets scooped back up by Marvel and all the good will from the GL rebirth era is finally gone.

Right but as far as hook she's just a dime a dozen scientist who specializes in shrinking, and even in that field she's loses to both Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi. Hey I'm not trying to shit on Bumblebee, merely pointing out that putting her on the base Justice League, or any team really, won't do her any favors. Give her a solo book, experiment with that first, see where she goes from there.

Attached: Bumblebee Rebirth.png (612x920, 351K)

But you just know if she were portrayed in live-action, they'd pick the most gorilla-looking black woman they can find to player her, completely ruining anyone's interest in her in the process.

Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy all became immensely more popular after 2003 Teen Titans.

You ask me, Beast Boy doesn't deserve it. Fuck Garfield. Animal Man, Vixen, even B'wana Beast are better than him. Perhaps I'm mostly just annoyed with with the TT version

>Johns then tried to have Stewart killed in 2013, only for him to get a bunch of fan backlash and for his fall guy to refuse his plot to kill Stewart and have him walk out on DC.
Jesus Christ lmao

its literally you from the other thread replying to yourself twice.

off yourself tranny. the league should be nothing but Aryans

Attached: 1564356864009.jpg (877x901, 64K)

The fuck are you rambling on about? I don't need to take shit from a goddamn Gwenpoolfaggot.

Attached: What.png (786x318, 38K)

>specializes in shrinking
It's a shame she got stuck with that. Bee themed Iron Man was a better niche.

Attached: Bumbleforce.jpg (682x2982, 1020K)

Johns is such an idiot, that he let his hate boner for Stewart cost him his comfy CCO job at DC. Now he's back to being a writer for hire while Marvel makes Sam and the Nova corps way more popular than his mary stu Hal and the buzzfeed survey rainbow lanterns.

Attached: 4484677-john stewart comicvine.jpg (1028x618, 727K)

I mean currently Vic is lost in space with Jess and Azrael and is nowhere to be found in the main JL book

Green Arrow used to be a literally who.

Cyborg got really popular after the TT cartoons and he’s got an immediately identifiable powerset and mythos.

I think Mr Terrific could get a lot more focus but he’s not much of a fighter far as I know. But you could do tons of interesting stuff with him, and forcing someone to actually be clever with their tools to fight well is fun, but not something most writers like dealing with.

Static Shock is surprisingly popular I think, but he doesn’t come prepackaged with robot angst. His background is more ghetto gangwar issues which might be TOO racially charged for the token character.

Green Arrow was a long standing character from the 40s, with both solo and team features. Bumblebee, was a minor supporting character from the 70s and outside of scene filler had maybe 30 pages of content interspersed through team books where she actually did or said anything.

Static also has rights issues.

That is literally every single story arc with Cyborg in the comics.

Didn’t know that.

Both these characters are in young justice which is a current thing. Is it just different royalty amounts for different scale projects or something?

I don't know if the rights issues extend to TV shows or if the writers of YJ managed to get permission from whoever owns the rights of the Milestone characters.

They feel they need more diversity in the JLA. Which... yeah, they do.

They noticed that their most popular black character, by the math, has to be the black guy in Teen Titans. Which, again, checks out, more or less.

So they figured that it made sense to put Cyborg in the Justice League. Trouble is... he doesn't fit. Never has, never will. Titans forever, man.

Shut up.

He was also added to the Super Friends line-up when they dropped the diversity heroes like Black Vulcan and Samurai

Attached: Cyborg Vs. Martian.jpg (2518x1024, 202K)

The problem with MM is that for new fans he can come off as too similar to Superman or maybe even too OP since he's literally green superman but with shape shifting powers and telepathy

Attached: mm.png (398x530, 414K)

Vixen
J'onn J'onzz with a black human form
John Stewart, Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz
Latina Hawkgirl
Momoa Aquaman

It is a little odd how they keep picking him as the go to token black guy for non-comic DC teams.
I love Vic and all and sometimes it even works out really well (Doom Patrol Cyborg is fantastic) but I wish Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger and Vixen deserve some love form time to time too.

Why did someone wanted Geoff Johns to be a writer?

Nova more popular than GL. I am laffin

People still remember him because of Teen Titans (2003) that's why user

Why do we need to have this same thread over and over? The Avengers has a new lineup every 6 weeks but somehow Cyborg being a leaguer is still some great slight that people can't get the fuck over.

Lol no

Because the Justice League movie didn't try to just make him "the latest member of the roster," it tried to push him as a core member, as much as the Trinity, Aquaman, and the Flash, and DC is still trying to sell that.

And we ain't buyin'.

I like cyborg. His football background is great for the group he's attending for. He's a car enthusiast and is disabled with prosthetics technically. He is also pseudo mecha in a way.

I want cyborg, Blue Beetle(BB3), and Fate to be a thing. All with alternate symbiotes talking to each other.

>Steel
I fucking miss Steel so much. I loved the character, the backstory, and I'm a huge sucker for John Henry types. He was great in Justice League back when they brought in him, Huntress, and Plastic Man. I was so happy to see him back with his original look in the Reign of the Supermen movie, and his fight with Eradicator was fantastic. I love that fuckoff big sledge and his overly large cape.

Steel is less Superman's sidekick than War Machine is to Iron Man, and at least Steel isn't a 1:1 knockoff of his source material.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1090x613, 116K)

I'm incredibly fond of J'onn, but even I can admit his power set is way too broken as is. You have scale both him and Superman back, like they did in the DCAU. Give J'onn flight, shapeshifting, and incredibly limited telekinesis. Don't do the ARRRRRGH Professor X thing with him, though. Make him more of a Deanna Troi empath who can sense general thoughts and motives, with the understanding that he's alien and non-Martian thoughts are confusing to him. It's be like any of us trying to read ancient Sumerian. Get rid of the Martian vision, because that's just dumb. J'onn's combat should be focused exclusively on constant, almost The Thing like shapeshifting where he's constantly adjusting and adapting to injure and frighten his opponents, while also avoiding their attacks (especially fire). Keep the fire as a weakness, just make J'onn very, very good at avoiding it. With the shapeshifting and psychic abilities, that's quite reasonable.

Attached: RCO003_1469016906.jpg (1600x1230, 720K)

>DC writer needs to meet diversity quotas in books
>puts in black character not because of his merits but his skin colour
We know DC are racist, and make many silly decisions based on rase, gender and or sexual orientation. We've known that for years. The reason they used a semi-popular one such as Cyborg is that he otherwise would not be able to hold his own series by himself and he's popular enough for to not be a literal who.

Well for one thing DC doesn't completely own Black Lightning so they'd never in a trillion years put him in a movie when Isabella is so volatile about him.

I think that Cyborg is a bit more popular than Hawkman, the Atom, Zantanna an other 80s Justice league members. If DC launches a new Cyborg ongoing or a Cyborg lead book like Justice league Odyssey it's guaranteed to debut with atleast 50,000 copies ordered for the first issue.

If you look on ebay and amazon.com you will see that JLO back issues are heating up a bit.

ANY character can hold a series if it's acclaimed and has good word of mouth, see Vision and Mr. Miracle.
Problem is DC literally insists that his book ONLY be about technology themed villains and Cyborg being emo about "AM I MAN OR MACHINE" when he had developed past that in New Teen Titans. David Walker left the book after DC kept telling him to do that shit when there's a lot more you could do with the character.

See all the interesting stuff about the character has been removed, they took away his more weird upbringing, his strained relation with people of his own race, his relationship with his Titan friends, friendship with Wally, there's a lot of good stuff that's been done with the character back in the day but no one knows about it because they just threw it all out with the New 52.

>could be a superhero
>decide to have a big hammer and a big red cape just cause fuck you i'm awesome
what a guy

People didn't bitch this much about Black Widow o the Avengers and she's a far shittier character

to be fair, cyborg is much better known as a tt member than justice league. i don't think there's a widow equivilent.

Meh, that’s life. But Stewart still sucks.

Stewart is the 3rd GL
Black Lightning requires royalty payments
Mari is too "stereotypical"
Steel is a Superman fanboy
So that left Vic as the Black iconic of nu-JLA

I did, but I got drowned out by folks who want to fuck ScarJo

Mr. Terrific > Cyborg

Attached: mister-terrific-4.jpg (400x553, 298K)

I think we've proven now that Cyborg works better on the Doom Patrol than the Justice League. Partly because he's a "freak" and can't really pull that card, especially when Cliff is present. Vixen is perhaps the best choice.

Attached: Robotman Cliff Steele.jpg (540x660, 72K)

Tony Isabella, retard. Daniel is an artist (and a shitty writer but they’re not letting him write anymore). Fucking idiot.

Because he is a Justice League member.

The debate is over whether or not he's a founding member.

>Cyborg is too associated with the Titans and also has no dick
>Bumblebee and Static are teen characters who don't really fit on the League
>Vixen gets powers from animal spirits which is #problematic
>John doesn't have a hope when going up against Halfags
>Steel is too associated with Superman's supporting cast and would be seen as a knockoff Iron Man
>Black Lightning's main appeal is being a single dad and you can't do that in a teambook (also there's "Black" in his name, you can't sell that to normies)
Mr Terrific is the way to go to "diversify" the main Leaguers. He covers the tech support role better than Cyborg does, has a fairly unique powerset, and doesn't have the "problematic" angles of being animalistic or literally emasculated - and while he's associated with the JSA, he's nowhere near as much of a core member as Cyborg is for the Titans. Obviously there's a little role clash with Batman but obviously there you'd lean into it, give them a rivalry.

His character in the movies is way more compelling than in TT/TTG.