Well Yea Forums? If you lived in a world with superheroes would you agree with him?

Well Yea Forums? If you lived in a world with superheroes would you agree with him?

Attached: supeslantern.jpg (997x831, 396K)

Yes.

No. Who says they get to pick and choose who and why and how and how much they help. They should do everything to their potential to help everyone. If a hero has healing powers, then they should heal civilians, not just allies during a battle.

No, it's pretty dumb, same with the "To catch them when they fall." line in Morrison's first JLA arc.

It's an unrealistic idea centered around heroes only being there to punch villains.

You could have other kinds of heroes who were using their powers in other ways to do good things. Someone with high power and precision telekenesis building lots of low-income housing in a day, or someone with the power to regenerate donating an organ every week, or even have someone like Superman go in and stop ISIS from killing the men and enslaving women.

The only reason superheroes don't do that is because it's difficult. Not for them, but for the writer. Doing those kinds of things don't create easy, predictable conflicts and it does change the world, and they don't have the imagination or the balls to think about what kinds of stories those changes could involve.

Why does a human stop being a member of humanity and an Earthling just because he has superpowers?

yes because one someone goes around fixing everyones problems people become lazy, why build a house when superman can do it for you, why be a policeman when a hero can do it for you, why research into diseases when we can just use Wonder Womans healing ray.

People with shit tons of money think they're better than everyone else. What do you think super powers would do to someone?

Attached: 1564094222307.jpg (680x241, 29K)

Do you need a ladder to climb yourself back up that slippery slope?

The kryptonian and his idealistic fantasies. People are being kept one way or another. He is simply abdicating responsibility for it by leaving it up to others. It is just as well. He doesn't have the nerve to make the hard decisions.

Attached: Amanda_Waller_DCAU_001.jpg (960x536, 68K)

Just because you say it's slippery slope doesnt make it true. What do you think is going to happen when you ask them to do everything?

Tell that to little Jimmy’s face that you can’t cure his cancer because it could hurt humanity.

He says this and then goes using super science to save his friends and curing them of cancer.

There is a difference between "You can help people in ways other than punching other people." and "you must work yourself to death getting more ice cream for timmy because he asked for it".

You fucking cunt.

Who said i wanted to work them to death i don't want them being pseudo-overlords who enforce what they consider to be morally right. Dumbass

I can understand the sentiment within the proper context, but honestly it's a very unintentionally apathetic viewpoint that reeks of god complex. Also a bit hypocritical considering the amount of times Superman has done the work of policemen and firefighters for them.

>The only reason superheroes don't do that is because it's difficult. Not for them, but for the writer. Doing those kinds of things don't create easy, predictable conflicts and it does change the world, and they don't have the imagination or the balls to think about what kinds of stories those changes could involve.

The problem is it's considered in poor taste to feature superheroes solving (or even attempting to solve) modern problems. It's because of that we're stuck with a dichotomy the forces comics to reflect and comment on modern society while neither truly representing it or it's own established continuity.

>Jimmy im sorry you were last in land for my healing ray, it sucks that you're going to die but i can't be there for everyone.

Metroman got it better. He doesnt pretends hes not helping as much as he could because of a greater purpose, its just because he doesnt wants to and isnt obligated to.

has there ever been a story where a superhero went rogue in order to help citizens like this and was made to look like the bad guy?

Attached: thinkingdogandcat.png (444x497, 447K)

ITT: retards that ask why flash and superman arent running on a hamster wheel

This is an interesting question. As a man with super powers do I limit myself to only intervening when there is no other option, or is it better for me to use my powers as frequently as possible to help my fellow man?

It's how an alien would view humanity, not a man from rural Kansas.

Yes but Kyle is also a human with a life to live. It just includes occasionally dicking some aliens.

To be fair Kyle was basically God at that point

I'm not a fan of this take on Superman. Him being
the big detached space demigod watching over humanity like priceless sacred pets that make himself feel important.
Superman should be an (idealized) relatable every-man that just happens to have powers to deal with problems in the world and tries to help people when he can, like ideally a normal person, except he deals with BIG problems because he is more capable with the extraordinary abilities he has.

The thing is, I don't even have a problem with Supes seeing his being a Superpowered hero as a duty, and maybe even a curse to help people... It's just when he starts referring to the people he helps as "humanity" that it gets all creepy and the pretension starts to seep in. Because, to me, in this regard, Clark couldn't see himself as NOT human.

This is more what the Guardians should think of themselves, not fucking Superman.

I agree in that I believe people should be able to sustain their own society without super daddy's help with every little thing.

As for being kept... well, he seems to see that as a bird in a cage type situation. The bird lives and can do what it likes within thencage, but needs the owner to feed it, clean up after it and so on. But the bird would ultimately be happier and live more of a full life flying free, despite how comfortable it's life as a pet may have been.

So yeah, I'd have to say that I agree.

I have to agree here.

Clark Kent is a small town boy from Kansas who loves his mama. Not a demigod. Not in personality, at least. And he (in all media) considders himself human and earth his home world. Adopted home world, but still.

His experiences with people would change him, as such things change us all, but not to the degree we see in OP's pic. That's a writer self inserting, if anything.

A writer with a loose grqsp on the character, plopping his own ideas about it onto the page and playing it off as good writing. Where a good writer would have seen past their own thoughts as absolutes and put the idea through the filter of the character, instead.