How would you make a good scifi Green Lantern suit for a movie?

How would you make a good scifi Green Lantern suit for a movie?

Attached: ivan-dedov-rq11.jpg (1920x1428, 445K)

White gloves
White mask eyes
Practical costume with CGI touch-ups

Do you have any example or concept?

What we got in 2011 but darker more intense shadings of green much like the OP art.
But make it less skin tight.
Add gauntlet like constructs to the wrist/boot areas.

deadpool

Something like this?

Attached: RCO013_1468917764.jpg (1041x1600, 513K)

Deadpool it's not cgi, it's just spandex

exact but isnt his mask cgi touched up?

.............no

Smooth textured skintight latex, as God intended.

Attached: 78a70ac6f73049dcb62bd7e0bac45fb5.jpg (350x525, 38K)

>mfw

Attached: Its+the+eyes+you+can+see+it+in+the+pictures+_dcbe3bc8512b1a27e73bf1401d5dc323.jpg (634x510, 64K)

No, something more like his classic look

Attached: d52b13dbb294d7ebdc6de6e3f1635f3a.jpg (670x1024, 149K)

fuck!

But this is seems just a spandex suit, and I know that before 90's it was spandex/wresteler suit, but now we deserve a cgi armor suit

yeah, now do that but with the green lantern mask

Why does he need bulky armor?

>But this is seems just a spandex suit
Yes, exactly
>but now we deserve a cgi armor suit
No, no we don't

What about Kenneth Roccafort Green Lantern's design?

Attached: 68aad16c8fabaa2a82b813ef1d229e22.jpg (500x647, 41K)

But the Lantern suit is supposed to be a construct from the ring, it can't be spandex, but of something cgi-ish that look like the ring's constructions

Reminds me of when he took a turn as The Spectre.

Attached: 0027860c8ce62b700aa3b70ff74c9e0e.jpg (368x528, 46K)

How the fuck did you think they were getting solid plastic around his eyes to move with his facial expressions then?

I was wrong, okay?

The Earth One costume would be the most realistic choice. Normal sci-fi space suit with a green aura and the holographic symbol on top.

Attached: 28B75A35-B09E-4FF6-B9A6-BB6C2B58C5A6.jpg (1332x2048, 1022K)

Just because it looks like spandex doesn't mean it's actually spandex, just like how Guy's uniform isn't actually a jacket made from cotton and crap. It's a construct that wraps around the wearer's body to form a fitting uniform. All you need to do is add a cgi glow to it to reinforce the fact that it's a conjuration if it's a necessity.

That looks like the Tangent Green Lantern.

Attached: 58C36140-00E5-4866-AF7B-D3710E92BDA0.jpg (1300x2030, 342K)

I would base it off of Kal and Kara's suits from the Supergirl. I think that's a good example of wearing spandex tights without it looking too ridiculous. Plus I would had some green glowing highlights onto the costume similar to Ryan Reynold's is GL.

Attached: 0168324c900caf087e5e891fb2594ac4.jpg (571x800, 95K)

Then let's make this suit

Attached: cbea45125e808955419c295c06d26299.jpg (989x1280, 208K)

Why yes, Tangent Comic Green Lantern is a pre-ring era Green Lanterns, like Alan Scott's ring is pre-modern ring era Green Lanterns

>scifi
Fuck that.

Attached: ross lantern.jpg (1003x1563, 746K)

Let that be the embodiment of Hal's will or something.

Make it out of bacon

Simple, no green lantern. Literally just remove this pointless character.

That is still the ring's contruct

>Simple, no green lantern. Literally just remove this pointless character.

I think you mean "Hal Jordan", and you're right that he is a boring gary stu, but we can use him just as a human mentor

Yeah, I should've clarified that I'd rather see a costume that's more fantasy-inspired, aesthetically.

How do you make it fantasy-inspired? Like a jedi? Like a warrior monk?

Base it on any GL other than Hal.

Kyle and Guy space buddy cop would be fun, but I guess movie wise it would just end up as a bad Guardians rip off.

Attached: GuyKyleRings.jpg (650x984, 462K)

Something like this?

Pleb. Hal has always looked the best. Kyle's looks wouldn't translate well enough in a movie.

Attached: Hal_Jordan_024.jpg (900x1350, 407K)

Just make it like a good version of Star Wars The Last Jedi, so everyone will praise it for being a good version of Star Wars The Last Jedi

It isn't the look that is the problem.

Hal is a gary stu, a movie about him just needs him being the host to parallax and die

>gary stu
Ok retard

skin tight suit is fucking stupid. it only works for Spider-Man because he's a street-level pleb. take a note from Carol and the Nova Corps. go crazy with the details and just say it's a ring contruct and have it vanish with computer magic.

Attached: 1555977695058.png (1200x800, 466K)

The most sensible thing is to make it as comic accurate as possible and then modernize it and make slight tweaks to make it work better for the screen.

>Dat power rangers trash
>Good
Off yourself moviefag.

Do you have an example? Do you have any references?

Like the Earth One suit?

For Green Lantern or good costumes in general? Because Deadpool and Raimi's Spider-Man and even ASM2 had great Spidey costumes. For Green Lantern I'd say go with but I might experiment with the white gloves and try making them green.

A shiny green custome and the green lantern logo would be neon green and all of his gadgets would be transparent green and it would look fucking amazing

But that suit was supposed to be spandex, it needs to be more sci-fi

GL's costume is entirely energy and hides the clothes they normally wear. Hal has lost his ring and got his usual clothing along with his coat and other characters have had normal clothing underneath despite it not being visible at all. My guess is that the clothing is replaced and stored away and what you have is a costume that really is just a thin layer seemingly painted on a nude body.

make it out of cloth and cgi a green glow in post

Practical with accentuation with CGI.

Why yes it is.
But how can it work in cgi?
What you describe seems just the Green Lantern 2011 movie

Examples?

Don't you see that dc as milked Hal by making him become the centre of the Lanterns and the universe?
He has been an host to parallax, a white lantern, a yellow lantern, a blue green lantern, the fucking Spectre.
He is a bad gary stu

These suit seems trying to hard to be original

>green lantern construct can't look like a formfitting suit because sci-fi
Why is this smooth brain argument getting repeated every 5 posts. It doesn't have to look fake to work as a construct. His suit can look like a suit rather than be a mess. He can layer additional armor constructs on top when he needs to without constantly wasting willpower.

Attached: hal_jordan_space_pilot_by_peter_v_nguyen_d3eho3z-fullview.jpg (1280x829, 156K)

Well yeah dumbass, that is why it's a redesign.

not like this thats for sure

What is wrong with that?

It's more scifi-ish than the original, I wouldn't mind it as the GL suit

Not him but it's just an unrefined formless mess, especially the one on the right. A good design is one even a kid could draw from memory and others would recognize as that character. This is just green shit, with some more green shit.

this its over designed and wouldnt fit hal at all

what is this even from?

Superman Red Son

So what you suggest?
Plain old spandex suit?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Attached: dc-Comics_Gallery_20181107__GL_cover1_5be10d1eb3f152.20116592.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

But could it work in live action without looking like a cosplayer?

Yeah
That's what costume departments are for

But you can't use this suit if you don't want to look like a cosplayer

You don't have to try to "fix" it for no good reason like a hollywood producer. It is a good design with a fine palette. The general public can handle a form-fitting suit if it gives them nerd credit.
This. Get the people who worked on Shazam to make it.

no, just no.
We need something different, not something bland and boring like a suit stright out from comics.
We need something different. Something that makes you "wow! That's an improvement!"

Fuck nerd points and source material and just use this!

Attached: RCO017_1484653157.jpg (1000x1570, 304K)

Yes you can. There's literally no reason a big-budget Hollywood film isn't able to make Green Lantern look good with a practical suit. With what happened last time by giving him a CGI costume, and the success of Aquaman and Shazam, this will be the route they'll most likely go down.

CGI will just look like it did last time, like Ryan Reynolds' head floating on a rubbery body that everyone can tell isn't real.

The outfits in Tron Legacy would be a good model to follow, made out of real skintight material on the actor's body in the real world, but lit so that the black is blacker and the green is glowing.

this
>t hollywood shithead

Or even make it cgi if you have to. Not like we could tell these weren't real.
But that doesn't mean you have to throw away a good design just to make something bland and uninspired. WB has been doing better when it comes to that, lets not regress back to worse times.

Attached: endgamecgsuits.jpg (1920x791, 105K)

Somebody as at least some kind of reference for this kind of suit?

>Not like we could tell these weren't real.
You could

Now that you know, go read it. Good stuff, user.

How?

Make it a tron suit

Attached: green_lantern_tron_costume_by_bloodysamoan_d34rkju-pre.jpg (751x1063, 110K)

What about this suit?

Attached: spider-monkey23-greenlantern.jpg (400x400, 38K)

>All this talk about spandex or no spandex -or- practical or CG
Here's a compromise: Have Guy be the main GL for the movie
You can make his suit practical with a mix of CG
You don't have to worry about a white eye mask
And it's fucking GUY GARDNER

Attached: GG.jpg (519x640, 138K)

>twenty-four-word combination

That's the oath

He is a ginger, he is gonna be black

Instead of just trying to do all this generic Hollywood sci-fi alien stuff, I just make the suit look like it traditionally has in the comics, except make the green parts more 'solid'. Not quite like armor, because I'm fucking sick of that trope, but make it so that it looks a tad bit raised from the black parts of the suit. Literally all you need to fucking do.

And for the constructs, I'd fuck off with the generic 'magical energy' Hollywood stuff and make them look more 'solid' as well, more intricate and 'real', but with their own unique look. I don't want them to look like they did in the JL movie or like, say, Scarlet Witch's magic in the MCU.

What do you think of this redesign?

Attached: download (1).jpg (184x274, 15K)

by watching the movie

I'm the first user you posted. I don't like it. I think something like would work but toned down in terms of the 'armor' aspects, with only the chestplate being explicitly armor and maybe shoulder pads.

If he's not just Green Dr. Manhattan, exposed schlong and all, then what's the point?

Thinnest most skin-tight spandex available. I'm talking visible asshole outline

So something like this?

Attached: mario-colindres-dccomiclegends-greenlantern-01.jpg (1920x1242, 264K)

We should get an armor like this

Attached: images (7).jpg (151x333, 8K)

I think this is what you want

Best one. Make the glove more tacticool on the outer side and the torso parts more simplified and it's perfect.

Attached: Shazam.webm (712x298, 2.78M)

He deserves it. Based Hal.

I think you would like this

This, holy fuck it's not that hard. Who the fuck cares if you look like a cosplayer, everybody loves cosplayers, fucking shit stop obsessing so much over fucking unnecessary detail or tacticool bullshit, fuck.

>Who the fuck cares if you look like a cosplayer, everybody loves cosplayers
Who the hell even love cosplayers?

Keep it simple and largely a practical effect suit, no busy CGI details. Textured latex.

So.....The Green Lantern 2011 suit?

Yeah, minus the cgi lines effect.

Attached: A2A37661-8AD0-4F88-85C2-FB4FF7685A4E.gif (450x250, 990K)

Yes it is you fucking absolute simpleton lmao

Some people are beyond help.

>Looks literally nothing like power ranger anything what so ever

Uh... Kay

>A black Guy gardner
Every time I try to imagine it my mind immediately rejects the notion and purges it from all memory

But that was theonly good part of the suit, the lines stay

What do you think of Earth One Green Lantern suit?

Attached: RCO067.jpg (1041x1600, 612K)

Ehatever suit they get it must looking like the Manhunters, because they're created by the same people

>those dark desaturated colors
>tons of unnecessary shitty details
nah.

The same design as the one from the Sinestro animated movie.

Just bodypaint.

Attached: green-lantern-cosplay-21.jpg (730x1095, 133K)

Tron except Green Lantern.
A black body suit that had some kind of texture pattern Maybe reflected a little green. The green part of the suit is a harder/sturdier armor looking material with glowing symbol and edges. Personal taste change for the movie, I'd make the Green Lantern symbol more like a badge, smaller and placed over the left side of the chest.

Attached: Tron_Legacy_Sequel.0.jpg (1200x800, 119K)

Not even a Halfag (my favourite is Guy), but your complaint applies more to Kyle than anyone else.

DC's planning to use John as the face of the franchise anyway, and we all know why.

>John and Guy space buddy cop would be fun
FTFY

>deserve a cgi armor suit
Why? The whole point is that the costumes are constructs. They look form fitting because they're basically wearing nothing at all.

>But how can it work in cgi?
Pay for good cgi.

Just like this.

Attached: Green-Lantern-in-his-costume-on-Smallville1.jpg (1400x700, 342K)

No that one is really busy

Attached: apokolips.jpg (680x642, 673K)

is that entire city a construct? how does he keep it up all the time?

Attached: green-lantern.jpg (529x529, 113K)

This?

Attached: Sinestro and Hal Jordan.jpg (640x360, 54K)

How much it cost?
Exactly! Too much!

Because he is a badass, I mean, he so concentrated he can keep a city!

I honestly think they got it right in the movie, i really don't see a guy who goes out in space without a ship wearing a leotard, you have to go more sci-fi and Hal's suit is one of those costume that only work in comic form.

Too bad everything else in that movie was garbage.

bullshit.

Only if they made the suit more like a tron suit and less like a tight spandex suit it could have been great

spandex fuck the haters

Attached: 25118a24781992713e25b1ea2aca0be7.jpg (432x672, 36K)

Yeah, just a nice balance.

And that's why it shouldn't be of spandex

Looks cool.

Attached: Green Lantern 2 2Hal Jordan.png (480x640, 807K)

>you have to go more sci-fi
What in the world do you think this means? Use concrete descriptive terms.

Attached: Buck Rogers.jpg (880x1152, 115K)

overly complicated clothes for no reason = SCIENCE AND FUTURE

These days that means lots of tiny, unnecessary details, excessively detailed textures, and a complete disregard for practicality in every possible way, and just barely enough color to tell one thing apart from another, because vivid colors are childish.

Attached: Gort.jpg (328x422, 17K)

Complicated and something you can believe aliens would wear.
Something that by our eyes seems bizzare and strange
Like a suit made of a ring's energy

Something jawdropping to look at by realizing how much is complicated compared to primitive human's clothes

>something you can believe aliens would wear
I haven't fucking seen that in a single piece of fiction from the past 10-15 years.

I bet you think the Doom Slayer's Praetor Suit is an example of that, don't you? It's generic scifi garbage.

A mix of spandex and armor.

The injustice look would be perfect

Attached: Wizard_World_Anaheim_2011_-_Green_Lantern_and_Black_Lightning_(5674469991)_(cropped2).jpg (544x1017, 94K)

>Hal Jordan file name with John Stewart suit cosplayer

kek. speaking of which, that guy would make a perfect Hal Jordan

>Doom Slayer's Praetor Suit
But is badass and beautiful to look at!

Like this?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

It looks cool. It's "complicated" but not even remotely believable.

Attached: SIP AND STARE.gif (488x519, 397K)

>not even remotely believable.
That's why is sci-fi

If you really wanted Sci-Fi it would just be a fullbody version of something like Mass Effect's Omnitool.
Except that it also means the suit is capable of reforming itself. From civilian use, to fulkier or flashier. And if you really wanted to go there, the suit's look is irrelevant, since its users will that fuels the ring's shields around the user.

i was thinking more of like just on the shoulders and wrists for gauntlets. then give them armored up boots and masks.

but that costume kinda went overboard with the armor

That was in reference to
>something you can believe aliens would wear
But unless the aliens were completely retarded I can't imagine them wearing something like that. It doesn't look high-tech, it looks like it was made to be cool for the sake of being cool, which is what happens when you disregard all practicality.

Attached: 1559612688699.jpg (960x960, 55K)

Why can't we just went and made the Earth One suit?

Attached: RCO111.jpg (1041x1600, 582K)

Think of it like cringey 90's movie and TV dialog about hacking written by boomers who don't understand computers at all, so they'll say shit like: "I'll create a GUI Interface with Visual Basic, see if i can track an IP Address" and if you're completely ignorant of computers that might sound like sophisticated jargon.

When you have even the most basic understanding of how armor works, most sci-fi armor in movies is like a visual form of that dialog. If you actually made a realistically designed suit of armor with fictional materials that could have basically any properties you could want, it'd still end up looking pretty realistic and in turn as lame as a realistic depiction of hacking.

Attached: doom-eternal-slayer-new-suit.jpg (1920x1090, 296K)