How faithful should comic book movies be to the source material?

How faithful should comic book movies be to the source material?

Attached: blackwidow.png (725x780, 222K)

I don't care since live-action capeshit is worthless anyway

One day they'll learn they can just fucking do it and not pre-pat themselves on the back for it thus making people mad.

Attached: 8o0qejl4tvs21.jpg (3210x4067, 938K)

The film is dead of arrival, who cares

Contrary to what lesbians and liberals believe, women watch Marvel movies to see handsome men with six packs like thor, ironman and steve

They don't care about female superheroes because females naturally hate other females, and badass heroines make them look and feel bad

Shame JCstaff can't animate for shit.

MCU doesn't adhere to comic canon at all so who cares? My only complaint is that they're dragging Taskmaster into this shitty movie.

...what is she talking about, specifically? Or is she just assuming all comic books are discriminatory.

>The film is dead of arrival, who cares
Thats wont be the problem. MCU is on momentum, even a shit movie like captain marvel will become hit.
Now they have lots of movie fans and they dont need to satisfy the Comic fans. They can do Barakapool version of any character and get away with it. Just need to change the ethinicity and race and anyone who dont like it will be called as Incel/Racist .

This will be the first mcu bomb.
It takes place after civil war, which means she's still dead. So what's even the point?

Captain Marvel only succeeded because people wanted to see how that bitch tied into endgame, and for the post credit scene.

Black Widow is literally pointless

>They don't care about female superheroes because females naturally hate other females, and badass heroines make them look and feel bad
I've honestly never met a woman that this is true of.

>black widow
>literally related to a man eating predator
>nononono it's not that she got her name because of martin luther king's wife you see

what's discriminatory in her backstory? originially whe was a typical russian spy villain fought Tony stark and then converted to hero side. The most controversial shit in her shitty existence is betraying Russia.

It'll make a billion. Disney has them trained at this point.

Two choices.
>She's no longer Russian because that's stereotyping a nation.
>She's still Russian but she's double agenting to help generic black president take a non specific Orange man attempting to run for office.

>MCUs first bomb
Every time

>This will be the first mcu bomb.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? The MCU cannot be stopped at this point. They could make a Millie the Model movie and it would make a billion dollars.

>She's no longer Russian because that's stereotyping a nation.
>Implying Americans liberal or not give a shit about portraying Russia in a negative light.

What the fuck is she even saying? Is Marvel actually starting to go the Star Wars route where they attack their audience with no provocation? Has anyone been mad about the Black Widow movie apart from finding the prequel pointless?

It can't even be the first bomb because Hulk is

>muh values

>"She's wiling to make any changes necessary to tell the story right."
So in other words she's saying the comics about Black Widow are bad and evil.

Its the Star Wars gambit. Vaguely handwave the original as being antiquated and discriminatory so the people who actually like the new product can feel like they're part of some moral movement and act like an unpaid marketing/ defense force.

See Dragon Ball Movie to know what happens when you aren't even close to the source material.

DoA

Really? Which Black Widow comics in particular?

You would think since Iron Man 2 that anons would have learned that the MCU doesn't give a shit about comic canon.

Why, every single comic featuring her of course, she didn't specify.

in before she's just a genius hacker, and her splendid physical prowess comes from self teaching to BTFO her racist sport teacher.

>I"m not interested in adhering to comic canon that is discriminatory in any way or that violates my values system

WTF? She knows movies are pretend right? I'm pretty sure Scorsese doesn't relate to his characters when they put someone's head in a vice and pop their eyes out. He does it because it's in service to their character

"I don't like comic-books, so I do movies based on comic-books".

Fuck you, Hollywood. And fuck who support this attitude.

wasnt part of her origin that she took a weakened formula of the super serum that made her sterile? but in the ultron film i think they reveal that instead she went to some fucked up spy training facility that forced her to do ballet and get her ovaries and uterus removed. seems like the film origin is more problematic here

Attached: ballet-110366.jpg (655x466, 33K)

>now mcufags care about comic book accuracy
nah, go fuck yourselves and your shit movies

stay mad, virgin.

Well like what one user said that film was successful since it tied in to endgame, also the fact that people were anticipated for endgame as well. Really while these films will probably still make some money they probably won't peak like the infinity saga was and people will ultimately lose interest, to many fans that was the finale.