Ever wondered why Tarzan was the LAST film of the Disney Renaissance ? Here's why:

Ever wondered why Tarzan was the LAST film of the Disney Renaissance ? Here's why:

youtube.com/watch?v=rMJ8FyQiM4Y

Attached: téléchargement.jpg (318x248, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cover.box3.net/newsimg/dvdmov/max1359179338-frontback-cover.jpg
youtu.be/JX0gZY9VKlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice self-shill frog

Shoot me the tl;dr

Die.

>that voice
Made it a whole 15 seconds.

>Tarzan is a good movie with good music
>But it breaks the formula that previous movies in the Renaissance followed
>A lot of people watched it when it came out but now nobody really remembers or cares about it.
>It started a new thread that didn't go well for Disney
I think that about covers it

God what a shit review.

It's not a review

I would rather argue with some random user on Yea Forums for three hours over the finale of Gravity Falls than watch thirty seconds of some YouTuber's shitty breakdown or review video with a fucking clickbait title.

Attached: 234525354.jpg (432x168, 21K)

>THIS thing is PROBLEMATIC and BAAAEEAEAED here is WHY!!! Now listen to me giving some half baked reasoning or the last popular opinion Yea Forums and reddit had on this topic. This video essay is brought to you by: posh accents and big wording, purchase now to make your dumbass opinionated video, no one above 18 cares about, sound 50% smarter
stop it

Attached: 1493142612038s.jpg (250x159, 4K)

formula assessment is worthless analysis

Dumb frogposter

>formula assessment is worthless analysis
Why?
Fuck off frogposter

Ijust skipped through the video, but from what I understand he isn't exactly right about disney movies needing formulas, sure structure but tarzan had this. But even without typical disney formula, song timing and such I still know a significant chunk of people who enjoyed this movie and were perfectly able to relate to the movie.
I mean atlantis and treasure planet didnt do well as well and they were similar in the choices. But what does this tell us other than that you can't go away from the tried and true or otherwise most normies won't watch or remember it. Tarzan was good but not succesful, isnt he basically advocating success over innovation?

>me see reaction pic me no likey me think ur wrong
golly

>A lot of people watched it when it came out but now nobody really remembers or cares about it.
Just like all these recent Disney remakes.

This guy's videos always come off like someone who just out of uni, and is really desperate to regurgitate the text book cause he is so enamoured by it

Is just some dumb millennial s-oyb-oy (fuck you word filter)who wants to sound smart while injecting his hipster modernist snobbery

And how many people remember Atlantis, treasure planet and Tarzan? Compared to Hercules, Mulan or Aladdin. How much merchandises to you see for Atlantis, treasure planet and Tarzan? Why isn't Jane or Kida included in the Disney princess lineup?

Yep, but Tarzan was released when Disney released a lot of movies that people really liked.
And you didn't even watch the video

I know on Yea Forums it's tradition to hate youtube videos for the sake of hating youtube videos but he has some actually good points and did do his homework on the subject.
This is not what the video was about. Through out the video, the guy basically points to the fact Tarzan, unlike the other renaissance movies, didn't have traditional musical numbers and thus as a result the film despite having some good songs and actually making became sort of forgettable. For example, in the traditional renaissance song number, the transition between talking and singing would be almost seamless and is used to show what a character wants, thats why there is a "I want" song and a "Villian" song in most of the renaissance films, it's used to reinforce the motives and goals of the characters. Tarzan was specifically made to avoid these tropes at all cost to the point it may have hurt the film in the long run and as a result is probably why Jane isn't in the princess line up and Clayton doesn't get as much love as other disney villains. Heck, it's why disney didn't even bother make a Tarzan live action film (and as a result another company beat them to the punch, but no one went to watch than).

TL;DR: Tarzan was essentially made with the idea of avoiding the characters singing a proper musical and thus was denied it's full potential.

Attached: proverb of musicals.png (619x93, 27K)

>guy basically points to the fact Tarzan, unlike the other renaissance movies, didn't have traditional musical numbers
>Tarzan was specifically made to avoid these tropes at all cost
Yeah that's what I said
>But it breaks the formula that previous movies in the Renaissance followed

>ok, so we need to talk
closed the video right there

You made it about as far as I did.
I wish I could punch the OP through the internet.

Disney shot itself in the foot when it convinced normies that the Disney formula was a solid thing when actually the Disney renaissance was following the Broadway musicals more than the classic Disney movies. The execs wanted brand recognition and that's what they got, except it backfired on stagnation.

Attached: Bambi.jpg (600x477, 58K)

>nobody cares about it or remembers it
Well thats just uninformed

because they are unusual, despite being good. this was my point. Normalfags won't eat them up like other poptrash because it's not part of the usual plan
basically video guy thinks it's problematic if a disney movie isn't popculture deluxe.

Attached: 2018-21-11-22-01-26.jpg (600x402, 52K)

Aladdin is the only one there above B list.

How much Tarzan merchandise have you seen?
>basically video guy thinks it's problematic if a disney movie isn't popculture deluxe.
But that's not what he's fucking saying you stupid cunt.

Yes but that's not the point, everyone remembers "I'll Make A Man Out Of You ". Everyone remembers Hades from Hercules, what do you remember from Tarzan? Even on this very beard Tarzan is hardly talked about

Nice brainlet comprehension skills

>It didn’t follow the formula and was thus unsuccesful!
Nigger. Wreck it Ralph? Zootopia?

>No one remembers it or talks about it
Not true. Maybe among his girlfriends, but it gets as much traction as any Disney B feature.

>It was unsussesful
What the fuck? Tarzan was well received and made money when it came out

This dumbass is what happens when you don’t bully spergs and send them off to get a liberal arts degree.

nice reading comprehensions
If you could read, I already stated i just skipped through the vid. Idk why you'd take my opinion as serious, I just rambled about what I got out of the pieces I watched + what I already know about the movie and its situation.

>How much Tarzan merchandise have you seen?
Things are only good or memorable if they sell piles of Chinese garbage/Hot Topic swag and escalate into an irritating, childishly spastic Fandom!!!!!!!

Attached: Alfred P.jpg (194x260, 7K)

>what do you remember from Tarzan?
AMAZING art direction and fight scenes.

Jane. Tarzan. The characters.

It’s as remembered as Mulan or Hercules. The Phil Collins songs are remembered well enough Jon Tron was able to use them as jokes.

>Even on this board Tarzan is hardly talked about
We JUST had a Jane is a Waifu thread.

Because you're talking out of your ass
Are you an idiot or are you just playing stupid when it suits you?

For the good of humanity, you should douse yourself in gasoline and light a match.

Ok but why didn't he have a beard? What's the nigga shaving with?

Heat Vision.

Sure, show me how to do it.

>proverb of musicals
I'm gonna have to remember that actually.

Tarzan made more money than Mulan or Hercules. Saying that it was somehow a step below these films in terms of reception is stupid.

OP, you are a great example of why liberal arts should be retired from college.

But nobody remembers pocahontas or hunchback of notre dame, and everybody loves lilo and stitch.
Shit video, wasted quints.

The tldr is
>Disney renaissance films made masterful use of musical theater techniques to develop characters and build emotional connections with the audience
>Tarzan mostly abandons this narrative/character/music integration, so people like and remember the music, but have mostly forgotten the film
It's actually a much more interesting video than I was expecting going in, and the general points it makes about how Tarzan is different from other renaissance films are convincing.
On the other hand I think his main thesis doesn't hold water. He notes at the end that Disney and other companies had plenty of success with films that didn't employ musical theater techniques, which seems to suggest pretty strongly that the problem is with some other aspect of Tarzan.

Attached: 1367618249643.jpg (946x598, 278K)

merchandise sold=/ memorable
just like success=/ memorable
>But that's not what he's fucking saying
actually yes it was. He's saying the break from the formula was bad going by how many people "remember" it (probably anecdotal or worse built on the fact it bombed) and concludes it is low quality because of lacking formula, but it was actually a good movie remembered by many. But i don't need to say any more because going by this youre probably just the OP video creator being butthurt

Why are there so many Tarz threads lately

Attached: tarz4.jpg (600x441, 30K)

this video wouldn't have even been made if tarzan wasn't trending on netflix recently.
probably was his first viewing of it.

This.

The stupid mother fucker doesn’t even cite box office because then he’d have to admit Tarzan was more successful than many of the films he holds over it.

here is the actual thing with tarzan:
it's boring
end of the mystery

>Tarzan
>Bombed
Bullshit.

Advertising is against the rules, user

Shit opinion by a shit user.

It's not even a shitty "My tastes > your tastes" vid, it's "I know what everyone's tastes are, Disney should have consulted me!" faggotry.

>The stupid mother fucker doesn’t even cite box office because then he’d have to admit Tarzan was more successful than many of the films he holds over it.
Box office is irrelevant to their argument, they're talking about its enduring appeal two decades after it came out, not how well it did at the time.

Good point, I am reporting this faggotron.
You can give me 3 days too, jannies.

yeah the formula being the reason is absolute rubbish. Treasure Planet's story and protagonist were fun, memorable and relatable and there is only one rock song in the credits

>they're talking about its enduring appeal
Based on what? A large poll? The amount of fat women in Wal-Mart wearing Tarzan shirts? Or his own stupid opinion?

>Enduring appeal
Measured by what? How much his girlfriends and theater faggot friends talk about them?

Self promotion is against the rules.

Begging for clicks is against board rules.

Attached: begging.jpg (460x265, 23K)

>Saying that it was somehow a step below these films in terms of reception is stupid
But people remember Mulan and Hercules, Disney are pushing Mulan and Hercules. But Tarzan is left to the dust
merchandise sold= There is always something there to remind you of it's existence those giving it more staying power. For a long time toys and other merchandise were the thing that made or break animated material, cartoon network canceled shows due to low merchandise sales
>youre probably just the OP video creator being butthurt
No I'm butthurt because people choose to live in ignorance and stupidity. Like you're doing, because
>concludes it is low quality because of lacking formula
Is something he never says in the video. He never claims that Tarzan is low quality but here you are saying he does. So you choose to be an idiot, why do you choose to be an idiot?

the reasoning why it has no appeal is flawed though, that it is because of lacking formula for example. It's a lot of assuming and only talking in conceptual general "well usually it's like this"s

Lack of merchandise, Jane not being elevated to a Disney princess, and lack of interest in a recent (non-Disney) live action adaption.
I'm arguing that these are good or bad points to base his argument on, just that box office doesn't come into it.

>>A lot of people watched it when it came out but now nobody really remembers or cares about it.

You do realize Tarzan was licensed to Disney right? Some of the early books are public domain but the ERB estate owns the trademarks and still has copyright on other stuff. The reason there's no merchandise is that it would cost them more money to put out Tarzan stuff that it would to put out stuff that they already own 100% like their versions of Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Aladdin, etc.

>merchandise sold= There is always something there to remind you of it's existence those giving it more staying power. For a long time toys and other merchandise were the thing that made or break animated material, cartoon network canceled shows due to low merchandise sales
unironically the most stupid and ignorant thing in this thread claimed by someone calling others ignorant.
Also low quality in the sense that it does not hold up to the standard he expects from a disney movie (memorable in popculture (from his perspective), success, advertising). Start reading between the lines brainlet.
>Disney are pushing Mulan and Hercules. But Tarzan is left to the dust
Hercules isn't getting pushed.
And Tarzan isn't because you can't push a minority into this story for plus points and attention. Tarzan being black would be racist

Disney hasn't rushed to a live-action Tarzan for the same reason they haven't rushed to do Hercules and Robin Hood, because there are already a fuck-ton of live-action adaptations of them.

attention from corporations and the market=/ memorable
idiot
people don't need to buy tarzan plushs to like tarzan

Disney hasn't rushed because they don't own the Tarzan trademark. ERB does, and they went with WB for a live-action Tarzan about three years ago.

Tarzan is public domain
Fuck-ton of Cinderella movies as well, and I think that started the whole live action craze for Disney.
Yes I'm calling you ignorant, because your ignorance is by choice while mine isn't.
>And Tarzan isn't because you can't push a minority into this story for plus points and attention. Tarzan being black would be racist
You know you're starting to make a lot more sense to me now.

disney's feeling out whether they can turn him into a black transfemale

Was Tarzan actually forgettable though?
This thread is making Tarzan sound like it ended up like a
Oliver and Company or even the Great Mouse Detective but it's still a largely beloved classic and part of the renaissance.
>Yeah but it's not nearly as talked about
Well yeah but I can easily tell you why that is: Marketing and merchandise potential.

Renascence Disney was wildey made up of Princess films. Do you know what's the greatest appeal to Disney of these films?
Merchandise. Toys. Dolls. Ariel, Jasmine and the others were created with a clear age group in mind. Even nonPrincess films like Lion King had cute and cuddly animals which was easier to market.

In comparison to a film like the Hunchback, Tarzan didn't really have the perfect merchandising potential and age group. There are a couple of animals but not a whole bunch to makes toys, there really isn't anything about princess or generic feminine things for little girls.

Tarzan simply didn't have as much potential to milk stuff out of so it gives off the perception that it's "forgotten" when in reality Disney simply doesn't feel the need to market it as much as other properties they now for a fact has greater potential.

Attached: consider the following.gif (500x385, 496K)

>the problem of X
>the rise and fall of X
>explaining the ending of X
>what went right/wrong with X
>Was X right?
>the secret genius of X
>the history of X
>is X racist/sexist?
>How to fix X.
It is so tiring.

>Tarzan didn't really have the perfect merchandising potential and age group
Little boys?

>Tarzan is public domain

Nope, only partially. The first nine books (and also another story) are PD, but not the other 15 Tarzan books that Burroughs wrote. Plus, ERB still has a hold on the trademark.

Even if Tarzan became 100% public domain this year there's still the matter that Disney made the cartoon at the time they were still getting a license from ERB. Go look at the copyright notice for Disney's Tarzan:

cover.box3.net/newsimg/dvdmov/max1359179338-frontback-cover.jpg

>TARZAN owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc and used by permission

>Tarzan copyright Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc and Disney Enterprises, Inc

People (and probably OP who likely made that video) don't know this.

that's fuckin pointless dude.
Me being ignorant by choice just implies I'm aware of it, and aware of and being able to switch to the other side of the coin. And yours is just from you naturally, making you the actual ignorant idiot, who can't choose not to, he just is.
Checkmate brother
I mean I disarmed your claim anyway bruh

Attached: 1488495429693.png (500x590, 19K)

The flaw in his argument is that there is emotional weight in Tarzan much like the other traditional Disney movies. Just because something is different or mixes up the usual patterns does not mean it was any less relatable or worth investing into. On the other side you could claim that a lot of the music numbers in the renaissance era were also forgettable and use that as an argument to why the music numbers died off in later films, you’d be full of shit just like this video.

>lack of merchandise
Compared to what? Mulan? Hercules? There’s also the matter of the Tarzan trademark not being owned by Disney.

>Jane not being a Disney princess
Next you’re going to complain why Hopps and Nala aren’t princesses.

>Box office doesn’t count!
Okay smartass, then what metric are we using to judge appeal and interest? Your sewing circle’s opinion?

Tarzan isn't "actiony" enough in Disney's eyes.
This is why they tried (and failed) with Black Cauldron and Treasure Planet and then later decided to say "fuck it" and buy Marvel and Star Wars for that audience.

>Lack of interest in a non Disney adaptation
Really? That’s your argument?

Oh God! I mostly just call people shills ironically but we got a live one in this thread.

That sounds terribly confusing
But the fact that you choose to remain ignorant is what makes it worse, being aware of your flaws and doing nothing to fix them is a terrible thing to do. Yeah I have my ignorance but I always seek to get rid of it, while you choose to embrace it.

It’s not. Trademark has to do with branding. Copyright with the actual stories and characters.

You can have Tarzan show up in your novel but you can’t have his name in the title nor can you sell Tarzan action figures.

But Tarzan has plenty of action, I mean this is Disney we are talking about. Their marketing and merchandise department couldn't have been that stupid could they?

is kinda crazy to think what is in the public domain and what is not, like how Frankenstein Monster is public domain but his most iconic design is not, or zorro being public domain.

>Tarzan was a Failure
The fuck? It made more money than the Disney films released around it at the time. More than Hercules, more than Mulan.

Why are you addressing me like I made the video you retards? There his fucking arguments.

The fact that something is easy to remember isn’t always a good thing. Musicals by default should be memorable but that can also be taken advantage of with nostalgia to produce shitty live action remakes. People may remember the stunning animation and atmosphere of Tarzan and that’s a harder bit of nostalgia to bank on because it takes more effort to recreate it.

Because you are transparently OP and the faggot that made the shit video.

>Their marketing and merchandise department couldn't have been that stupid could they?
I can't say how it was then but if it's anything like now then probably.

funnily enough I didn't even act ignorant, in the post before that one I explained the meaning of "low quality" relates to the things he holds disney movies up to not general quality, which you were just desperatly trying to bash me for, ignorant as you are, in the post before that one and now either tried to dodge or didnt even read in your ignorance.
If anything I only act ignorant in a way to give people like you a feeling of satisfaction, because I am aware of the way I act but can still see the other side, which I can effortlessly shift to,
you're welcome

>Two worlds, one family!
I actually like the subtle approach in song for Tarzan. You can approach and tackle scenarios with different emotional weight this way.

You are ignorant because you didn't watch the entire video yet still feel like you're in a position to talk about it.

Fuck off retard.

Attached: 1445684969950.png (334x393, 265K)

Checked

Unsuccessful? It had a damn tv show.

SFDebris Rise and Fall of the Comic Empire was pretty good

>Why?
because disney shit is extremely rote and breaking formula is never interesting because they never do anything truly interesting and there's not much to critique if what you do is compare disney to disney.
i just don't want to spend 20 minutes hearing someone go like "OMG in this Disney film they show the antagonist die offscreen by inaction on the part of the character... BUT THIS TIME it's by HANGING omg revolutionary" like shut the fuck up and watch more film

Everyone can talk about everything, fascist. As I said, your fault for taking it without salt.
But I'm still waiting on getting proven wrong, because it seems like despite not watching the entire vid I still did a better job critically talking about it than the vid did with the situation of the Tarzan movie. Thankfully you or someone else posted the argument summary here anyway, so i dont have to leave a view

So do a lot of disney films
Then and now
Theres even a new Tarzan cartoon
Dont watch it

I would pay top dollar to see a nearly naked black man in the jungle making ape noises.

And that's a good thing!

I like some of this guy's videos when he's actually talking about specific music analysis of stuff. His one on The Adventures of Robin Hood is very good, and goes into the importance of leitmotifs as a musical concept.

The problem is this fucker is trying to make a living off these dumb videos, and is resorting to the standard half-baked Youtube video essayist format to scrape views. What's worse is he has an obsession with some admittedly s.oy topics. There are so many scores you could be covering, but you do a video on Steven fucking Universe?

Yeah this is the weirdest part for me.
This video and thread acts like it's some underrated classic when it's still widely beloved and talked about today.

This thread isn't so much
>Why isn't this popular
as much as
>Well why isn't it EVEN MORE popular
It's just such a strange thing to argue over.

Attached: contemplative jazz.gif (600x502, 210K)

go to a park in detroit instead for free

Black Panther sort of did that didn't it?

Yeah not only is the original Phantom of the Opera book PD, but the Chaney version of the Phantom is PD too.

Attached: ChaneyPhantomoftheOpera.jpg (1625x2040, 835K)

>isnt he basically advocating success over innovation?
The only thing that matters is making Disney money. Asking Disney to make quality movies is worse than the Holocaust.

Just consume mindless nostalgia products and don’t ask questions, then consume next mindless nostalgia product.

Also don’t forget to watch Endgame again so it can beat Avatar!!!!

I actually think on a subconscious level it's to do with a lack of color on Tarzan's character design. Everyone else, even Pocahontas, has at least one eye-catching primary or secondary color on them. Tarzan is a lithe dude with brown hair and a brown loincloth.

>Here's my three hour essay on how X is GARBAGE. And you're GARBAGE for showing any form of interest in it.
>This will be recommended to you for six months

Attached: 1474751874153.jpg (306x306, 66K)

Isn’t there a copyright problem with Tarzan?

Isn’t that the reason why he was axed from Kingdom Hearts?

People may not like that hunchback or Pocahontas that much, but people still talk about Hellfire and Colors of the Wind to this very day. Also Frollo and Pocahontas as still referenced from time to time.

You should make a clickbait youtube video about it!
But seriously, that's a pretty interesting theory.

>Click “Not Interested” to try and get rid of it
>It still keeps showing up in your recs and related videos
Leave me alone dammit!!!

I don't think that's it. I think it's more like
>this is my opinion, and everyone secretly already agrees with me.

Pretty clear they studied the Burne Hogarth version.

in truth I think the problem is partially due to the people that benefited/saw career advancement through the disney rennaisance.

that is to say "people who were good at marketing shit to girls"...

to be clear this isn't any kind of "feminist" or "misandrist" or whatever conspiracy, rather a theory that posits that there's certain "marketing instincts" or sort-of-subconcious tendencies that made it harder to market merchandise for films like Atlantis or Treasure planet (that there was a lot of internal shit going on and essentially an attempt at drowning disney's animation in the bathtub didn't help)

Sideways is my favorite person on YouTube and he's absolutely right even though I love Tarzan.

Very problematic that he condemned the noble apes for sucking each other's dicks

yeah
he also just assumes that popularity and disney success is the objectively positive standard here

part of the problem is Disney's "image" basically being it's greatest hindrance and it's greatest benefit.

Disney is so focused on the "family friendly"-ness that it's unable to actually commit itself to anything else, it's literally a one trick pony of family-friendly fairytales. (at least when it's concerning homegrown properties).. Walt Disney himself discovered this to his dismay around the launch of sleeping beauty, the disney company encountered this with the black cauldron, and during the production of treasure planet, atlantis, etc.

Really the only thing protecting Marvel and Star Wars is they're recognized as properties and franchises in their own right and not part of "disney".

>I remember when I was 8 and my mom was part of one of those social clubs that mothers with toddlers and infants join, and we went to some movie but ended up leaving due to the other mothers finding it too scary for their little kids. (Might've been sinbad or Road to El-Dorado)

Tarzan is never talked about because Disney doesn’t do anything with it or promote it.

And the reason why they don’t is because they don’t own Tarzan. They lost the rights to him long ago (which is why you don’t see him in Kingdom Hearts).
The people that do went with WB to make that The Legend of Tarzan with Samual L Jackson in it.

If Disney could milk Tarzan they would. There would already be a Live-Action remake made.
But since they don’t, they just stick to the movie they do own. It ain’t hurting them financially to just remake their own movies (see the billions made off Lion King And Aladdin). And so Disney isn’t in a hurry to make a deal for the Tarzan rights to do a live-Action remake. It just isn’t a priority.
I mean hell, they are making a live-Action remake of Treasure Planet, you think they wouldn’t do Tarzan if they could?

See Tarzan is still copyrighted and trademarked by ERB, Inc even as far back as when Disney first did their Tarzan film.

The reason that Tarzan is the last of the Disney Renaissance movies isn't any real fault of Tarzan.
The truth is that Disney shifted away from the kind of projects that Tarzan was.
I'd lump Tarzan alongside Pocahontas, Mulan, The Lion King, BatB and Hunchback as Disney trying to get as many awards as possible.
The other movies of the Renaissance weren't part of that goal, despite those being some of the most beloved.

After Tarzan, Disney decided to move away from that direction entirely
Two of the last remnants of that time were considered failures by Disney and the other one had to be "snuffed out" to become The Emperor's New Groove.

SFDebris is dogshit.

>lack of interest in a recent (non-Disney) live action adaption.
They pumped out 3 this year and are working on pumping out more next year. The fuck do you want? For there to be a live action adaption per month?

He's honestly really insightful. This video is a follow up to another one he made.
youtu.be/JX0gZY9VKlM

What's wrong with him?

Bad taste, bad opinions, and a horrible ego.

>now nobody really remembers or cares about it.
really? i mean it's not discussed like all the other films. but a lot of disney fans, even the normal fans, like this movie.

Didn’t Tarzan have a direct to DVD sequel and a series

and a kino videogame.

Yeah, I watch everything he puts out even if I don't understand it. His video on how Mel Brooks produced Let It Go is great.

>Ijust skipped through the video, but from what I understand
And it shows, your post has nothing to do with the video. Why is Yea Forums such a shit board.

He thought Discovery was good.

You forgot the most important part

>It's because the Characters didn't sing the songs (Phil did)

What is he basing his belief on that people don't remember Tarzan or isn't as successful? Did he take a poll with a respectable sample size or is he just pulling shit out of his ass?

He's just pulling it out of his ass.

I distinctly remember people talking about Disney Tarzan back when Warner brothers did their live action movie.
People still love and talk about Tarzan, but there's no new content being pushed to keep public discussion alive. Nobody talked about Jungle Book until the remake got announced. Same with all the recent live action adaptions. Most of the new conversations are hovering over how the originals are better so it's not like people are having new conversations. If the Disney Princesses are still a thing is because Disney keeps shilling the fuck out of them for merchandise. There's no Mushu plushies or figures for Mulan, nothing for Hercules. Hell, Pocahontas and Hunchback don't get shit. Aladdin and Lion King didn't get any major pushes until their remakes and those products are mostly confined to the remake interpretation. Tarzan is the last film of the renaissance, but that is not an indicator that something was wrong with it. On the contrary, if were going by box office, it was the last good one. It wasn't a sign of things to come.
TL;DR - There's no problem with Tarzan and these idiots need to stop making these fucking videos.

Attached: aojoasrbdq601.jpg (736x556, 51K)

Well, except the Camp Song. Thing about that is, I don't really see Tarzan as a singing character. Or Jane. Or Her dad. Maybe Clayton.

That soundtrack isn't so good and Bigger, Longer & Uncut deserved that Oscar

Hijacking shitty thread in the name of best pirate and surrogate father.

Attached: Silver hug.gif (405x228, 466K)

>>A lot of people watched it when it came out but now nobody really remembers or cares about it.
What bullshit.

Attached: 1560053624708.png (142x340, 49K)

Bumping this because I want to read this but can't at the moment.

>Heck, it's why disney didn't even bother make a Tarzan live action film (and as a result another company beat them to the punch, but no one went to watch than).

That's not the reason. The reason is licensing. They didn't stop themselves from making a Jungle Book remake even though another one, from different company, was also made around the same time. And it's not like the original Jungle Book was so much well remembered or loved also.

This dude acts like following the same formula over and over would have delivered infinitely solid returns

Tarzan doesn't come across as a singing type because he's mostly the silent type in the movie communicating more through action than words. You could blame that on his upbringing and being around Gorillas, but the other animals tend to talk more than he does at the time, it's kind of weird to be honest.

How many of you actually watched the video even ? Based on the replies I'm guessing not many

I made it through about 15 seconds of your voice. You sound like that pimply kid from the Simpsons.
Also, it was clear from your first sentence you had shit for brains. This thread has been one long confirmation.

I watched the whole video, and the erroneous criticism is still valid
>how can it be erroneous and valid
While I get that the point of the video wasn't that Tarzan is unpopular, too much time was spent talking about how Tarzan is just slightly less popular than the juggernauts that came before it, and not enough time was spent explaining why it's important for Tarzan to be a musical, but not for Lilo and Stitch, Emperor's New Groove or Toy Story. Is the writer suggesting that all animated film be musical? Basically, the video is structured in a way that is confusing for anyone who is familiar with animation as a whole, and not just the specific Disney renaissance period.

Attached: bort.png (184x180, 66K)