Have you thanked based Black Parade Man for creating Peni Parker yet?

Have you thanked based Black Parade Man for creating Peni Parker yet?

Attached: 3f8b7e8ffdf88eb44dddef6e85a9696b.jpg (304x395, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fnt__lyGIQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=TaxHIYOzMUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not true you baitfa-
>it's real
How did I not know this

Attached: 1521999369233.png (1136x640, 397K)

He always wanted to write comics and only did music because of 9/11.

>spend your 20s being a rock star and cultural/sex icon for teenagers everywhere
>retire from your band and live out your longtime dream of being a comic book writer
>still loved/appreciated by pretty much everyone who’s a fan of your music, writing, or both

This guy has my dream life desu.

And his music is slowly getting the critical reevaluation it deserves.

Attached: 103678e85c03150a73a1d98b88cf5352.png (213x127, 4K)

How can one man be so based?

As far as 2000s emo-pop goes MCR was definitely one of the better bands.

>MCR
>Emo
American Football was Emo
MCR is like a mashup of Queen and The Misfits

Don't make me whip out the copypasta.

>emo-pop isn't real emo
yeah
and people into emocore would say that american football wasn't emo

That’s why I said emo-pop.

WHEN I WAS

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

baste pasta poster

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge still holds up incredibly well.

ill thank him for umbrella academy and making me wait for ten fucking years
but looking at him now and that picture makes my future as a faggot very sad
hope i dont fall that far

Is this the guy that did that one meme song that was popular years back?
Honestly not a fan of that song.

What

fucking based

I thanked him for great songs. Peni is nothing next to this.

Attached: 1561516329783.jpg (257x214, 23K)

His doom patrol is pretty good.

I think Bullets holds up even better. It didn't feel like it was a produce of the early 2000's, just a really solid punk/emo record. Three Cheers has band staples like Helena and I'm Not Okay, but those songs are icons of "emo culture" despite however timeless they may sound. If that makes sense.

>almost at the end of my 20s
>was never a sex icon rock star for teens
waste of life, waste of time

The Killjoys is seriously one of my favorite albums, and Black Parade will always be part of TTGL canon in my head thanks to that one AMV. I'm not even a zoomer.

Almost every song on Bullets sounds the same but god damn are they still good.

Remember when he did a pilot for cartoon network while he was working as an intern there.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnt__lyGIQ4

Thank you Black Parade Man

I have always unironically liked his music and from what I have seen his comics are alright.

What is that?
He looks like an anime character brought to life.

This is the faggiest argument I've ever heard and all of you should be a shamed of yourselves.

That is what an average rock musician looked like in the early 2000's.

Listen to a playlist called Yea Forums favorites on spotify and usually it has jams. Black parade came on and it was great. Very surprised when I saw it was mcr

A YOUNG BOY

MY FATHER

>anons so young they don’t recognize Gerard Way, MCR, or know The Black Parade
Uh oh. I may finally be too old for Yea Forums

I wonder what he looks like no—

HOLY MACKEREL WHAT HAPPENED????

Attached: 03158E6C-D029-4E0F-9916-E30AAFF6E98C.jpg (640x640, 33K)

>he went from rock star to comic book writer
dood committed to it, even on a fashion level
LMAO
M
A
O
mad respect tho

got off drugs and beat anorexia, you can look it up. The guy was not well in his musical career

For some reason I always thought when people talk about Helena they meant Some MCR cover of the Graves Era Misfits song

Least he could do is not look like a loser nerd bitch

MAN PRETENDING TO BE WOMAN IS ABOMINATION. THAT IS THE WORD ACCORDING TO GOD...

gerard is a cool guy. a few years ago he followed me on twitter just after the mcr breakup, we exchanged a couple emails, he spotted me in the crowd at one of his solo shows and shouted me out on stage. i’m glad he seems to be a happy cool dad writing comics now

I agree but he’s also fucked more teenage emo pussy than any man on this planet so there’s the whole I don’t give a fuck anymore aspect

He was already a rock star for years before he went out on top and now he is doing another one of his dream jobs. At this point he has won enough where his appearance is entirely up to him.

Who let the short bus from Sunday school off here?

Attached: this shit right here.png (960x720, 588K)

Exactly. Dude conquered every mountain a man has dreamed of. He was the front man of one the popular bands of the 2000's, he without a doubt caught more emo pussy than a blackcat burglar, and he's a solid comic book writer/artist. Way has earned the right to be a bit lax with his appearance now.

You're mad you aren't as good-looking, huh.

He should exercise away the youthful slouch.

you've got time user

gerard way

>Achieve your original dream of writing comics
>Go back to music for shits and giggles
youtube.com/watch?v=TaxHIYOzMUQ