Megg, Mogg, &Owl

New MM&O thread? Last one was pretty successful

Attached: Snip-it_1544043271852.jpg (952x834, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/wxt76qz553xs0/Hanselmann
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ7MdCsFiMk
youtube.com/watch?v=6mWF1kmCo3U
zomato.com/melbourne/my-rice-story-ivanhoe
youtube.com/watch?v=tnV7dTXlXxs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uflObLt1Jcg
youtu.be/aGrC1ElirGo
youtube.com/watch?v=QWVnV6zfT8I
youtube.com/watch?v=CvhchxHUCA0
youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ8qeMiQac
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_Tank_(film)
youtu.be/s5BBd-4E_rQ?t=86
youtube.com/watch?v=radFwHzD-PM
youtu.be/UD4oU134ot4
youtu.be/QwZirD1x5FM
youtu.be/8r2GP1PQK6s
youtu.be/EL_pBJN_O3M
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEcCxZhmHCA
youtube.com/watch?v=ipg4EL_JUyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: D0173B00-4A61-4EC0-9215-9BF8208720C4.jpg (1720x1424, 814K)

I only want someone to tell we just what the FUCK an onion battlestation is.

Attached: Snip-it_1543793792474.jpg (791x708, 114K)

His names for food crack me up every time. Pork Bits, My Rice Story- which I was surprised to learn is apparently real

more bad gateway scans plz

Attached: classic.jpg (445x372, 46K)

It's probably a jazzed-up blooming onion.

It's almost certainly one of these

First set was like food to a starving man. A little is helpful, but you must pace yourself, lest your stomach burst.

muh niggas

Attached: wizard.jpg (360x360, 113K)

let's have some recent stuff until someone posts some Bad Gateway

Attached: 1.jpg (1059x1395, 1.09M)

Attached: 2.jpg (1729x1074, 1.29M)

Attached: 3.jpg (1720x1080, 1.31M)

Attached: 4.jpg (1681x1078, 1.21M)

thanks

Attached: 5.jpg (1690x1076, 1.25M)

Attached: 6.jpg (1642x1079, 1.22M)

Attached: 7.jpg (1693x1080, 1.2M)

Is there a Mega or something for this series?
It looks fun.

Attached: 8.jpg (1653x1080, 1.29M)

>it looks fun
ha-haaaaaa...

Attached: 1555338818543.jpg (500x750, 71K)

there was a mediafire link posted last thread

Attached: 9.jpg (1654x1069, 1.22M)

Attached: 10.jpg (1649x1078, 1.19M)

Oh Homer Simpson ye feckin' animal yer! Get yer ass out of the frying pan and into the kitchen... HERGERBLERBERB

Attached: B3n01P8CUAAujMT.jpg (896x504, 66K)

>WWJ is actually right.

Owl could have just left, he really is pathetic

Attached: 11.jpg (1664x1080, 1.18M)

Attached: 12.jpg (1663x1065, 1.27M)

it's just one fucking hat man

thanks user, one of the few i haven't read

Is there a name for this whole aesthetic of melting candy, cheap toxic drug, awkward sex and social abuse during an above average hot summer ? Like everything is that Black Hole Sun video ?

Attached: 1389976141471.png (210x259, 51K)

you're welcome! any requests?

Shitpunk?

Doesn't matter, it meant a lot to him and Owl ruined it by being a pussy.
The pizza thing is too far though, guessing it was the last straw before the move. Nice to know Owl's not sucking dick on the street homeless though

mike is literally the most based character in the damn comic. he's consistently employed, supports his elderly mom, and has a fucking MANAGERIAL POSITION at the GLASS DILDO FACTORY

plus he's much better at chilling than Owl.

Attached: owl expresses self loathing.jpg (403x461, 138K)

Thanks meng.

>GLASS DILDO FACTORY
I like to imagine that the place they live is so shitty that something like a glass dildo factory supports the entire local economy.

I always hear Werewolf Jones as Muscle Man from regular show. His is the only voice I hear though while I read.

Poor owl :(

Here's my mediafire link again, with everything that has been scanned so far.

I say it everytime, but if anyone can share Entertainment, Hard Rubish, Werewold Jones and Sons 2 (and a better scan of Knife Crimes) please do it.

damn i'm a retard...here's the link

based
eternal mmo threads please

based, thanks

>sells one hat
>immediately goes and blows 6x as much money on pizza to celebrate
the levels to wwj's self-destruction are endless

We'll have to wait a little longer, user. I'm extremely grateful that phone-user posted the first part, but the rest of it will come later.

Just finished my copy. Fucking Amazon sent me one with the hardcover all beat up.

And WWJ&S 3, no?

Bad Getaway or BUST. I don't care if it's just pics from an Iphone 3gs.

PLEASE.

ditto

So that's when the dominoes started to be set up

blaze up and let's keep posting

Attached: 1.jpg (1242x1747, 1.93M)

Attached: 2.jpg (1242x1686, 1.74M)

Shitpunk arguably sounds more punk than punk itself.

Problem could be a possible association/appropriation with the scatophilia scene.

neetpunk?

Attached: 3.jpg (1242x1661, 1.78M)

Can you even storytime Landscape without getting banned?

we did in the last thread, idk if it got deleted thoguh

Isn't it just "punk"?

Even WWJ gets more pussy than I do...

Punk isn't punk anymore... It just doesn't have the weight it used to have.

ah shit this is fresh post a thumbs up with a time stamp

actually nbm i think someone just posted the link

shalternative?

That's from Knife Crime, already a better scan in the mediafire

Right about what? Obviously Owl willingly letting WWJ be present in his life is a mistake on his part, but in this specific instance WWJ is just screaming at him for getting sick and accidentally barfing. It's just WWJ acting like an insane asshole and completely flipping out over what he perceives as a personal slight.

I thought "No Brains" was from 2018, it's not in Knife Crime

Simon Hanselmann's vision of life in the 2010's is one of a kind. "Sui generis." There are a few other works that MM&O reminds me of, but it's not easily comparable to any of them. It definitely reminds me a lot of pic related and "Julien Donkey Boy," as those are also about bizarre, obscure characters living bizarre, obscure lives on the fringes of American society. Also like those movies, MM&O ends up being surprisingly relatable and affecting even if the characters frequently disgust us.

Attached: Gummo.jpg (500x781, 76K)

Sorry, not Knife Crime - it's actually in Decade.

I've only seen some of this, does Owl actually move out? I just get so pissed off reading these, I know i'm approaching it the wrong way but fuck it there are worse things than being alone and one of them is "friends" like these.
They probably have open interviews, the main cast just never goes because they smoke weed all day to treat their anxiety about not having work or relationships because they smoke weed all day.

I believe we're shown owl actually leaving

He moves out. I think the only stories that take place after that in the continuity are the two versions of WWJ's death and the second act of XMP-165.

Agree, these have been making the night shift less painful

it's funny, Korine attempted stoner comedy with his latest film but IMO missed the mark entirely. while MMO displays the horrible lives of its characters in a neutral, honest light, allowing their actions to speak for themselves and the consequences remain inherent in their lifestyle, beach bum seems to glorify a very similar character. like a movie about wwj made by someone who thinks wwj is awesome and admirable. I had thought beach bum would be similar to mmo but its surprisingly tone deaf and all around a terrible movie. and I'm a fan of his other work.

I'm sorry for what happened to you

crustpunk I guess?
>fuck it there are worse things than being alone and one of them is "friends" like these
Rusty Brown is worse. Being a robot is totally worse.

the closest i've seen a movie come to MM&O is Spun.

Attached: MV5BNDkxNDM0YTEtNDE0My00YjMwLThhODgtZGQ1NjA2ZTZmZTljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg (1024x576, 377K)

I'm just waiting for more gateway. Also for the guy calling Simon a pedophile or going why are you making the same thread again.

Whats Dracula Jr's deal?

He's just one of WWJ's skeevy, sex-crazed friends. If "Lucidity" is anything to go by, he seems to have a lot of WWJ's same appetites but is younger, cooler, and much more collected. WWJ knows he's an abysmal loser on some level and that this other guy is basically him but better. For WWJ, Drac looks like he wants to look and fucks like he wants to fuck

Attached: 027.jpg (1339x1818, 811K)

This makes me want to assemble a list of movies and/or albums that are tonally or stylistically similar to MM&O. I'll start with these two. What are some movies that qualify for this? I immediately thought of "Trainspotting" but I'm sure there are others.

Attached: topsters2 (2).jpg (1475x934, 62K)

>mediafire.com/folder/wxt76qz553xs0/Hanselmann
What issue is that?

It's from "Lucidity," a real bummer of an issue. The gang tries their hand at lucid dreaming and they confront their personal demons. It's just kind of sad.

Do we know that Dracula Jr. isn't actually invading his dream? It's a universe with talking cats and humanoid monsters.

Considering their dreams all somehow cross over at the end, it's more than likely that Dracula Jr. is actually present. He tells WWJ that he's into lucid dreaming, so I see no reason why it wouldn't actually be him.

Same here. Trainspotting is pretty much just scottish late game MM&O

kek just watched hellraiser while eating chicken a few hours ago

the part where they had no skin made me hungry for cherry pie

Thanks to everyone who's been sharing. Keep it up.

I don't know why I keep reading it. It brings me no joy.

Attached: lxacbnj.jpg (641x698, 75K)

Bad Gateway is pure schadenfreude, even more so then the other books.

I'd recommend the movies "Drugstore Cowboy" and "Requiem for a Dream," as those are both about the disgusting, sad lives of heroin addicts.

If that mini-dump from the last thread is anything to go by, Bad Gateway is raw despair. There was an undercurrent of that through the entire series but now most of the humor has been stripped down so it's all that remains.

>WWJ brings the special pizza that Owl likes
I don't fucking believe it

It's really not even that funny anymore, but I'm totally fine with that. The older comedy focused comics almost feel quaint to me now.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ7MdCsFiMk

I've done both and while both are damaging lifestyles, you at least get some goddamn peace and quiet as a robot.

That's what I'm saying, I like that we're getting into the despair-itory. My favorite parts of the old comic are the underlying realness and dysfunction. Now all of it's coming to a boil as Megg and Mogg's relationship is put to the ultimate test: having to live with each other without Owl's guidance.

I've got a song that perfectly sums up the atmosphere of these new comics:
youtube.com/watch?v=6mWF1kmCo3U

Attached: coven1.jpg (292x209, 28K)

My favorite part was the High School Reunion special where we found Mogg covered in his own puke and crying

I thought it was pretty funny

this seems pointlessly cruel even for this comic
this too

I noticed I hadn't read that so I just did.
Shit was hilarious.
Thanks to the user who shared the folder.

Attached: 033.jpg (1359x1796, 752K)

He had a secret crush on him since high school

Is there anything WWJ wouldn't want to fuck?

Has anyone got the high school reunion comics? I've got the hs flashback, but not the reunion

I wonder about him too. WWJ seems like he's obsessed with him, like he always talks about him and how cool he is, but when he's in the comic he's just another druggie who cums on things.

mogg, i guess?
WWJ does have a weird obsession with owl, doesn't he?

What would your ideal voices for Megg, Mogg, Owl and WWJ be?

Hanselmann doing all of them like Trey and Matt did South Park S01

It's hard to place voices, but I imagine WWJ having an Australian bogan accent.

I imagine wwj to have a deep voice with lots of panting, and booming. He comes off as trying to talk fast a lot of time to get out his idea and excitement eventually settling into a calmer cadence.
Owl would have a high pitched bitch voice.
Megg would just be a normal voice maybe a little huskey from all that smoking.
Mogg would have like a monotone voice.
Dracula jr would be voiced by a girl and silky smooth.
Booger would obviously be by a man with a falsetto.

Because the author is Australian I like to imagine pretty much every character with some kind of Australian accent, even if the comic takes place in America now.

It does? I thought they were always in Tazmania.

Tasmania is still a part of Australia.

No all Aussies have an accent. Like how you can be from ny and not have a Brooklyn accent. English sounds a lot more homogeneous around the world now.

i love how overly dramatic wwj is

That's what constant hard drugs does to you. I could only imagine how hard he was freaking out before he finally laid down to die and not be discovered for five days.

something about trashy rooms puts me in awe but i wouldn't stand a second in one

what are the best programs to read cbr? does it have an android app?

it's like a wheres wally picture

A CBR file is just another type of archive, like a zip or 7z. For Windows you can use Adobe Acrobat like programs like SumatraPDF to read them, or you can just unzip them using whatever.

theres CDisplay Ex

I know but I wasn't aware of the switch to an American setting.

There's a Taco Bell in one panel

bruce lee isn't buried in australia

They have taco bell in Australia

I could see Audbrey Plaza as Megg if she dialed up the spaced out vocal fry a bit.
Brad Neely doing his Frank Smith voice would be perfect for Owl.
For some reason, I envision WWJ sounding like Begbie from Trainspotting, minus the thick scottish accent.
As for Mogg, his is the hardest to pin down for me.

Read the latest book namefag, Mike is working at a Lowe's with Werewolf and makes him relapse after he spends close to a week sober. Before that Mike was a lifeguard at a water park and was completely ambivalent to kids getting hurt and the manager peeping on the showers. He's not an active monster but he's a passive shithead indifferent to the madness around him

I'm pretty sure most came for the comedy, but stayed for the tragedy and morbidity of it.

sure would be swell if someone posted some more bad gateway

why don't you just buy the book

Is that WWJ's oft spoken of wife who we haven't seen yet?

why don't you just suck my ass

don't think i wont, bitch

don't threaten me with a good time

WWJ's spawn should be put down before it's too late

So is there an established timeline for the comics? All the ones I've read seem to be in different points of time.

bumping for question - when did Knife Crime happen? Seems like it should have repercusions

sometimes there's little notes in the books about when they take place, but in general I think the chronology is really loose, only really divided by pre WWJ death/post WWJ death

not like its the first time megg has fucked around behind Mogg's back, its implied its been a recurring thing

Why the fuck would any of us buy the book when we can just get it here free of fucking charge?

implied, yeah, but feels weird that the annoying little bastard would not bring it up. Like no consequences or anything. Maybe its related to his dream of being an npc

wow gee I don't know... to support the creator so he will draw even more stories?? crazy concept I know

Why would he bring it up? Its deeply traumatic for him and he's trying to keep it out of his mind, he'd rather ignore it and let the wound fester because he's a weak piece of shit. You can see his trauma manifest in other ways like his crippling laziness and disinterest in sex.
to support an author you like, also physical media is way more enjoyable than squinting at the computer screen

Don't get me wrong, I like the creator. But if I can view things for free you bet your ass I will.

That, and I'm too fucking frugal.

Attached: jaxon.png (635x214, 103K)

Kids (1994 I think) comes to my mind.

Paul Blart

Attached: Megahex-064.jpg (1875x2625, 1.29M)

So here's something that was bugging me: who exactly is opening Megg's eye on the final page?

Attached: 042.jpg (1375x1794, 706K)

I love how pretty much every page of any MM&O comic has solid potential reaction images.

A Doctor? They're in a hospital.

What's this one from?

Lobster doctor?

>Ken Park

Ken Park shoots himself in a Skate Park at the beginning of the film, the rest of the film is about his 4 friends. One is molested by his Dad and does Sex and Drugs to escape while taking care of his mom. One has sex with his Girlfriend's Mom behind her back. One is a girl who lives with her Dad but her Dad thinks of her as her dead Mom. The last one is a kid who lives with his grandparents and is addicted to masturbation and hurting himself and others to try and feel better.

>Kids - Same writer as Ken Park.
>Drugstore Cowboy.
>Heaven Knows What
>Requiem for a Dream.
> Heart is Deceitful Above All Things - Seeing someone destroy their life from the persepective of the child.

There is one film I'm forgetting, maybe someone else knows what it is, that is about a very poor couple who is addicted to drugs and the wife tries her damnest to make things work by working at her dead end job at a gas station but she keeps losing her job because she has to take care of her boyfriend and it's just a downward spiral because two people who are bad for one another are dependent on one another and the dependency just leads to further substance abuse and problems - I think she loses her job or something as well. They're both like, 30 or 40 and just trapped in a hole they can't escape from.

I saw the first Bad Gateway story in the other thread, it's looking pretty fucking interesting so far. Can't wait to see where this is all gonna go now that Owl finally wised up and fucked off.
Please come back quick scan user! I'd buy the book myself, but I already spent my comics budget this month on a sweet Sam & Max anthology.

Attached: 1388762056620.jpg (336x338, 47K)

A young David Mitchell as Owl
Carly Chaikin for Megg
Jack Reynor for Mogg
If Seth Putnam was still alive he'd be a perfect WWJ. He lived and acted like WWJ, for one thing. Instead I'll select Matt Pike. Another death or stoner metal singer would suffice if he's not available.

Or this as plan B

Attached: 1513218375450.jpg (1200x1200, 182K)

Rick Alverson's movies would qualify, especially The Comedy

Could someone post the actual comic where Owl leaves?

We're making good progress here, I feel.

Attached: topsters2 (3).jpg (1835x1211, 151K)

If megg became a hitman I'd say la femme nikita. I haven't seen any of the remakes or shows but I did like the French one.

Good Time (from the same guys who made Heaven Knows What)

Blue Valentine (for the dysfunctional relationship/poverty blues)

Prozac Nation (for female-centric mental illness and life falling apart)

I Smile Back (same)

My Rice Story is
zomato.com/melbourne/my-rice-story-ivanhoe

any request while we wait for some user to post more Bad Gateway?

There’s a lot of references in MM&O to Shame starring Michael Fassbender.

It's the final strip at the end of Megahex.

Intentional references? Like what?

They refer to it as that fassbinder movie in one strip and the strip where owl follows some dude into a bathroom and blows him.

Would pic related work for the list? It's an insane NEET who engages in bizarre, depraved behavior. It has a more surreal tone like MM&O sometimes has than most of the films we've discussed thus far.

I was about to suggest the one he did with Neil Hamburger but that's getting outside of the scope of this list. This thread is giving me hope that at least some people on Yea Forums still have good taste (in movies, anyways).

Those are all good picks, especially Blue Valentine.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I was mainly focusing on movies that concern drug hedonism instead of sexual depravity. That's getting added to the list for sure.

Attached: freddy_got_fingered_ver1_xlg.jpg (945x1400, 252K)

It works pretty well on a macro-level. It starts out with pure weed-fueled silliness and the feeling that these people are disgusting and non-functional as adults increases steadily until it arrives at Bad Gateway, where even the rare jokes are entirely about how pathetic and useless the characters are.

pre/post Owl legging it as well

Red Letter Media has an interesting take on that film as being a satire of comedy films of its time.

I feel like there's a pre/post Megg getting involved with Booger, too.

Pic related is more about kids living in the slums of Florida than grown-up burnouts, but it has a very trashy and gross atmosphere.

Attached: tumblr_ox5bzxnwkl1s8esgpo2_1280.jpg (1280x1896, 686K)

I don't remember that one.

Happiness by Todd Solondz also is an absolute necissity.

Attached: Who the fuck.jpg (357x301, 19K)

Attached: 1388450951259.png (621x784, 754K)

In a similar vein, would pic related qualify as MM&O-core? It's about sad, dysfunctional people leading unfulfilled lives and contemplating their impending mortality.

Attached: synecdoche_new_york_xlg.jpg (1018x1500, 420K)

Attached: 1412764523781.jpg (1690x2047, 795K)

I like Synecdoche, New York a lot, but I feel like that's straying too far. Very little sex/drugs/hard-living content, no youth culture focus, no group-of-friends dynamic. You could just as well include something like Somewhere or The Big Lebowski.

So wait, Owl moved out before WWJ died, right? But after he died it shows Owl hanging out with Megg and Mogg at the cemetary. Does Owl still hang out with them after he moves out, or do they just meet again after WWJ's death?

Maybe he comes back at the end of Bad Gateway?
Although to be honest, the tone of the one chapter that's been posted so far doesn't really fit this kind of "happy" status quo ending.

Owl probably still hangs out with them. In the comic where WWJ dies, Owl is meeting M&M for Christmas. That continuity doesn't match with the cemetery one, so nothing's certain, but they probably still meet.

Honestly i think it's an AU right now. Nothing about Bad gateway implies this ends well for Megg and Mogg.

I imagine a chapter where they awkwardly run into eachother on the street would happen in the next two books

Is someone going to take photos of the other Bad Gateway stories?

I would totally play Werewolf Jones Excite Bike.

Megg's face not showing up because of green screen was probably the only gag that actually made me laugh, but the comic itself is a fascinating trainwreck.

Attached: 1538214690891.jpg (1143x1600, 443K)

I'm fucking desperate for the rest.

I think about this gag sometimes. They usually don't acknowledge that they're all weird creatures in such grounded story so it makes this extra funny.

God I want to see what it is like when they meet again.

buy the book it's really good im reading it right now oh you can't believe the silly things wwj does this week

I feel like Mogg's dick being visible adds an extra layer to this gag

Post it faggot

>book arrives tomorrow

Can’t fucking wait.

Can anyone post the Steven Universe one? That one always gives me a kick.

Olivia Olson - Megg
Nick Bakay - Mogg
Justin Roiland - Owl
Roger Craig Smith - WWJ

Any chance you're scanning it? No? Understandable.

Attached: broken bloomer crop.png (526x550, 153K)

"frugal" lol, totally not a fucking cheap jew wanker not willing to shell out 20$ for a book.

now someone pls post the rest, i'm a true fan and can't afford it because i do drugs and am depress

the voices I do aloud while reading the comic

Support the artist.

Hopefully it ends up on readcomiconline.to soon

How will I know if the book is worth 20 bucks if I haven't read it?

Attached: 1517091471583.jpg (555x807, 95K)

well i think it's really good

Go to the library?
Also can someone dump lucidity?

>can someone dump lucidity?
no, support the artist.

Steven Universe one is in Decade I think

>that page where WWJ is randomly a human for no reason

Attached: 1557030631939.jpg (1143x1600, 332K)

it's because he's sober

How did he survive that?

>what is a werewolf

What about his kids? I've heard the argument that "they're always hopped up on sugar and caffeine" before, but Jaxon seems to be living clean in XMP-165 and he's still a werewolf.

i don't know

I’m going to take a guess and say he’s probably on antidepressants.

He looks like a nerd I'm betting adderall

There's a lot of weird things about XMP-165

Where do the Minutemen/DCP/Empire guys hang out? I want to find out if any of them have plans to scan Bad Gateway.

According to another earlier comic, Jaxon actually becomes a respectable adult as shown when he meets Owl at WWJ's grave.

I fucking love that film. It's so fucking strange.
Some segments of the film actually might remind me a little of the more outlandish parts of MM&O.

Someone will probably buy the digital on comixology. There's very few people left in the hubs that scan anymore. Was able to ask tunafan since he scans a lot of indie stuff and he don't have a copy yet.

I'm going to leave the list at this unless anyone has any more suggestions. We got a pretty kino list together boys.

Attached: MMO Kino.png (1986x1610, 485K)

Lucidity is sold out user. We can only get scans now.

Cool list. Wonder what Yea Forums would think of it.

Owl coming back wouldn't mess up the "escape" imaginary at the end of Megahex as long as he doesn't become their bitch again, and that doesn't seem to be the case in the dead WWJ stuff that's come out.

I like when they talk about Mogg being a cat, not having hands, etc.

"I can kind of operate it..."

Stranger than Paradise

Attached: 54C98530-B80A-498A-82D1-D971F4667506.png (755x433, 260K)

Remember the comic where Mogg sits on Owl's lap and starts purring and getting petted

Mogg having his resume's tied to his back was hilarious

in the most recent comic, mogg gets a job at a cat cafe but gets fired because it gives him a giant cat boner

WWJ is actually a total bro. Hes always got your back. If he could stop doing drugs and being a lowlife, he'd be a great guy to have around.

He definitely needs some kind of rehab the most out of all the characters. Owl himself went to AA meetings until Mogg got him addicted to booze again because he thought it was funny, the dickhead.

not an excuse

Owl only shows up flashbacks in Bad Gateway, he's almost completely absent from the book
It's an AU, Hanselmann has said outright the Christmas 2017 strip is no longer canon, so he intends to kill Werewolf, but we don't know exactly how it will happen

>sugar and caffeine
they're also shown smoking pot pretty frequently

>people draw fanart of Megg, and make her pretty and cute looking

It feels wrong. Shes supposed to be a dumpy, greasy, smelly, unwashed, completely out of shape waste of space.

Attached: megg truthzone.jpg (1280x1278, 523K)

At the very least the first story of Bad Gateway implies Owl is still moved out since Megg & Mogg can't afford rent and Megg has to piss herself and breastfeed a bird to keep her welfare.

Owl certainly would have to never live with them again for his development to stick.

In XMP-165 he reacts to Megg and Mogg like he hasn't seen them in a little while.

>that chapter when they pitch an idea for a tv show starring them as themselves later to be told they were describing sabrina the teenage witch and later wwj reveals they were actually talking to a hobo since they were high on drugs

Attached: forty keks.jpg (292x257, 16K)

Just how wasted do you have to be

i love how the interiors are drawn and some outside areas, there is some charm put into it. like you hjust want to be there for a moment

I'm a retard, is there some sort of chronological order to read these in? Only read from Yea Forums storytimes and I want to read them all from the beginning now.

Attached: 1553832764097.png (800x700, 400K)

Not really. It's super fucking loose.
You can just read all the Fantagraphics collections and you'll get most of the jist.

Jesus, that was hard to read
Poor Owl dude

Yeah, I'll second this. Down By Law might be a better pick since you're dealing with at least one ACTUAL scumbag as opposed to just some losers but either one works really.

Owl's a prick, but he never deserves the shit he gets from Megg, Mog, and Werewolf Jones.

They've humiliated him, traumatized his dates, poisoned him, shit in his food, and sexually assaulted him.

I'm really hoping he's got his shit together now that he moved out.

Don't forget WWJ falsely accusing him of being a pedo by putting pictures of his own fucking kids on Owl's laptop because he left a review he didn't like about his zine. Honestly surprised that wasn't the catalyst of Owl wanting to move away as far as possible.

Eh, normally I agree and WW went overboard but Owl really was being a little bitch this comic. The guy was celebrating and gave him his special fancy pizza, and Owl was the only person there who didnt want to watch the movie. If you’re the only person in a room full of people who doesn’t want to watch it, don’t complain the whole fucking time and ruin it for everyone else. Go into another fucking room if it’s so bad.

...but 99% of the time I agree, poor Owl. He is by far the least worst out of all of them. He consistently makes SOME effort, he’s the only one who can claim that.

I feel like a few strips are one-off gags rather than canon, and that has got to be one of them. The Truth-Zoneish one where they meet that German cartoonist, too.

On the one hand, you're right. He was being a little bitch and should've gone to another room.

On the other hand, this is his home. WWJ is a guest there. Plus, what kind of fuck lets little kids watch Hellraiser?

Personally I think that the charges got dropped since a public defender could conclusively prove that Owl couldn't have uploaded those files to the internet as he was at work when it happened.

3/4 side view of WWJ is cursed and shouldn’t be seen

I figure WWJ would have gotten pissed off at that any way since he wasn't 'staying for the celebration' or something like that so it was a no win situation for Owl.

I dunno. I think the times when he's looking straight ahead or slightly to the side instead of the usual side look can look kinda cute.

dont mind me postan fanart

Attached: 1388657753507.jpg (1280x1055, 226K)

That's a weird one since WWJ plays the straightman who's more grounded than the others.

Attached: 1391427108525.png (527x594, 164K)

Attached: 1391432854239.jpg (1000x692, 104K)

Attached: 1393223416447.jpg (750x623, 309K)

It's nice to see fanart of this series.

Attached: 1391429186179.png (500x594, 230K)

Attached: 1393227378667.png (886x771, 42K)

I kind of wish Owl looked sweatier, weirder, and more on-edge like he does here and in the early strips. He's still neurotic in earlier strips but it's a different type of neurotic.

Attached: or1.jpg (1280x1841, 718K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tnV7dTXlXxs
and that's it.
I once loved a girl like Megg before.
this comic is refreshing.
WARNING IF YOU FIND YOURSELF AS THE OWL IN YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY I DONT GIVE A FUCK HOW FUCK THE CONSEQUENCES GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE SITUATION NOW!!!!!!

Attached: 1398062209298.png (775x747, 34K)

The old art style was so weird. Weirdly cleaner.
Also Owl use to look so much more emaciated.

Some people have posted songs

This is the one that makes me think of MMO: m.youtube.com/watch?v=uflObLt1Jcg

Is the person who writes these okay
they just make me feel like shit to read

is that fanart from Ian Jones-Quartey? I checked and he actually follows Simon Hanselmann's account on Instagram

They're semi-autobiographic according to them, recounting what their life was like growing up in a dingy Tasmanian suburb.
They seem pretty alright now though. Lots of money and such made from official compilations.

I'm in favor of more people posting music and other types of media that are similar to or compliment MM&O.

The comic personally reminds me of abstract, psychedelic-sounding hip-hop artists like cLOUDDEAD and Danny Brown, especially with the more dream-like strips like "Ignore All Messages." I have this mental image of a MM&O adaptation where this track is the theme song:
youtu.be/aGrC1ElirGo

Attached: Ignore All Messages 01.jpg (1000x1348, 271K)

Attached: Ignore All Messages 02.jpg (1000x1344, 281K)

I asked him about it, he said there’s lots of little bits of true events like scenes or some lines. The characters aren’t directly based on anyone and we’re created to drive the plot. He draws obvious influence from his and friends/people drug, alcohol abuse and mental issues. Simon is queer and when I met him he was presenting as a man but I’ve seen pictures where he is a woman.

So you think Owl getting beaten up and gang-raped is canon?

His birthday "present" definitely happened in canon.

Simon likes to crossdress, but he's not trans.

Maybe, I remember being told that victims of such things can wind up becoming hypersexual as a coping mechanism.

Yeah, but getting WWJ's flaccid dick mashed against your buttocks is a hell of a lot better than getting gang-raped in prison.

Ok I wasn’t sure and I didn’t want to ask him about that when I met him as I was more interested in talking about his work.

It was shown in a flashback in the newest comic so it has to be.

Well Owl does have sex with lots and lots and women.

Owl’s promiscuity predates the birthday rape.

I know continuity is wonky but that seems like it’s always been part of his character.

Birthday rape is a funny pair of words.

I was wondering if mogg is adopted. In lucidity it shows his parents are humans.

Well despair-itory leads my brain to despairitorium and that's a new word I'm going to be using from now on.

the "rape" was a turning point eventually leading to Owl's departure so yes

>requiem for a dream
>kino

You should storytime Lucidity

If you're talking about the Birthday prank, then yes. It's referenced at the beginning of Bad Gateway, for one thing. I think the story where WWJ puts the CP on Owl's computer is a non-canon one-off strip.

I second this motion. If no one does it tonight than I might do it tomorrow if the thread's still up.

god bless you all for keeping these threads alive.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 10.24.47 PM.png (960x914, 1.22M)

mm&o threads are the only good threads left on Yea Forums

The Whomp one up right now is good.

Still waiting for Bad Gateway. I'd buy it myself but I'm dirt poor.

Can't believe no one has posted Rangers. They make some of the best, chill MM&Ocore.

youtube.com/watch?v=QWVnV6zfT8I

Sumatra PDF, believe it or not.

Nothing tops WWJ taping CP of his own kids, sneaking it onto Owl's computer and calling the cops on him. All for an offhand comment that was slightly critical

Hey Yea Forums... I started reading MM&O a couple years back when it wasnt really popular in Yea Forums, and I loved it from first sight. It was something totally new and fresh to me, but it made want to read or buy more indie/obscure comics on the same vibe as MM&O.

Do you know any obscure or self-published comic you would recommend? Also, sorry for shitty english.

Attached: 1543551132787.jpg (736x708, 137K)

MMO is pretty special, but some other independent comic artists you may like:

Lauren Monger
Julia Gfrörer
Jesse Moynihan
Matt Brinkman
Chris Gooch
Lando
Spugna
William Cardini
Theo Ellsworth
Tetsunori Tawakara

Monger and Moyihan are probably the most similar in vibe, but I would say the rest are MMO-adjacent.

And Rebecca Kirby.

chris ware's comics are good at making you feel fucking miserable

for irl mmo action, watch gothic king cobra
youtube.com/watch?v=CvhchxHUCA0

Please. We even welcome shitty phone pics.

Also Lucidity is apparently out of print? That sort of removes moral objections if it’s the only way the story can be read.

I feel like there was an MMO comic about this exact thing earlier in the thread.

Lucidity is in the Mediafire folder.

He didn't have to stick around to watch a movie he didn't want to watch. Everyone else wanted to

What the hell am I watching.

Attached: vegeta sims.jpg (600x450, 213K)

kino

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.33.43 PM.png (832x830, 779K)

Dope

Fuck it, I'll do it. Hang on.
Here's some driving music.
youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ8qeMiQac

Attached: 001.jpg (1405x1793, 863K)

I am not a crook

Attached: 002.jpg (1365x1821, 795K)

Attached: 003.jpg (1371x1839, 785K)

damn image cooldown.

Attached: 004.jpg (1389x1810, 1.05M)

Will Jone's death be the darkest, non-comedic story in the comic? Will we follow him to his final thoughts?

Well most likely, because it'll chronicle the death of a main character that's been around almost the whole time.

Hard to say, Simon offscreened it in current issues. Megg had a line about his body being left out in the rain for 5 days.
Fin says there's a zine tracking the buildup and his death and decay.

Attached: 005.jpg (1362x1813, 924K)

Attached: 006.jpg (1380x1810, 952K)

Does "canon" matter with this comic?

There's a loose canon, previous threads seem like they fit in between major events. IE high school, pre and post owl leaving, pre and post WWJ's death. I don't know for sure though.

Attached: 007.jpg (1369x1813, 871K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_Tank_(film)
youtu.be/s5BBd-4E_rQ?t=86

Attached: 008.jpg (1369x1832, 806K)

Attached: 009.jpg (1363x1832, 738K)

I'm seeing a girl thats essentially rich weeb Megg down to the nose I'm owling my shit up please help

Attached: 010.jpg (1386x1820, 894K)

RUN

Attached: 011.jpg (1358x1820, 938K)

Attached: 012.jpg (1379x1828, 834K)

Attached: 013.jpg (1369x1831, 705K)

don't be a cringy tryhard, don't do anything you don't want to do. just chill. then you'll be more attractive, and if not, even better for you

Attached: 014.jpg (1394x1834, 825K)

Attached: 015.jpg (1359x1819, 558K)

Attached: 016.jpg (1380x1850, 698K)

Attached: 017.jpg (1362x1841, 657K)

Attached: 018.jpg (1394x1836, 585K)

Attached: 019.jpg (1354x1822, 551K)

>Ass Blaster
You can't hide your edits from me, Simon

Attached: mall16.jpg (1248x1920, 715K)

Attached: 020.jpg (1372x1795, 772K)

dang ol' captchas

Attached: 021.jpg (1360x1798, 682K)

Attached: 022.jpg (1381x1836, 825K)

>and if not, even better for you

elaborate

Attached: 023.jpg (1372x1830, 791K)

Attached: 024.jpg (1374x1809, 782K)

drugpunk? drugcore? methcore?

Attached: 025.jpg (1349x1817, 789K)

mm&ocore

I do like the sound of drugpunk though.

Attached: 026.jpg (1362x1818, 801K)

027 here

Attached: 028.jpg (1357x1814, 724K)

>They all try lucid dreaming
>Get bombarded with all their insecurities and fears all at once
Naturally

Darn, I fucked it up

Attached: 029.jpg (1352x1817, 911K)

Attached: 030.jpg (1361x1802, 781K)

Attached: 031.jpg (1346x1805, 614K)

is an elaboration necessary when you described her as being a megg?

Attached: 032.jpg (1367x1785, 768K)

033 duped here

Wrapping up for the end of my shift, might be some delays for the next few

Attached: 034.jpg (1355x1795, 691K)

brb

Attached: 035.jpg (1347x1778, 833K)

Anyone could tell Owl has a bit of latent homosexuality going on inside his brain.

Attached: 036.jpg (1368x1775, 690K)

>easily tempted by his bad/"fun" sides
>all these personas are also massive dorks
owl explained

Attached: 037.jpg (1348x1775, 798K)

I’ve actually considered trying to lucid dream as some kind of productive outlet, like drilling coding terms and the like.

What a stupid fucking idea, the hell is wrong with me. Dreaming should be when I get to be free.

I worry if I try lucid dreaming after reading this I’ll have nightmares.

Attached: 038.jpg (1379x1782, 739K)

Attached: 039.jpg (1359x1777, 880K)

I'm scared to death of shit like sleep paralysis so I'd never even think about lucid dreaming. I'd probably die of a heart attack from all the weird shit that would probably be laid bare.

>as some kind of productive outlet, like drilling coding terms and the like.
You are SUCH an Owl

Attached: 040.jpg (1369x1799, 789K)

Good thing its gay and fake

go to bed Owl, youre gonna be late for the call centre

Attached: 041.jpg (1355x1791, 856K)

Oh damn...

youtube.com/watch?v=radFwHzD-PM

soundtrack of every mmo thread

I think it's more a self obsession thing
the old man is because even when he imagines a bad dude version of himself, he still can't imagine not fucking it up
but also yeah, some homosexuality

>owl is hounded by his different desires for himself and how they impede his progress but ultimately doesn't have it too bad in his dream
>megg gets stuck in an existential crisis, like usual. feeling like she can never escape from where she flew out of a desire for "therapy" - a place "high" up in the sky
>mogg and jones dream of being cucked
>jones is about a guy cooler than him, mogg is about megg not being in love with him
>and also about being adopted by his human parents

I know, I feel like an Owl, that’s why I’m pissed at myself for ever having such a dumb fucking thought.

What should I do well lucid then? Fuck bitches? Fly? Both? Talk about fucking option paralysis.

You explore the dreamscape and enjoy it you...you... DOUBLE OWL

042 Wham shot duped here

Attached: 043.jpg (1360x1796, 1.18M)

I feel like that’s the fastest way to lose control and slip back into a normal dream.

Feel like the song sounds a little too jolly sans the lyrics, but yeah I could imagine an OP to this.

I would try to find aliens
Or go swimming in a water filled forest
Or go to my favorite fictional world and do stuff with my favorite fictional characters
Or pet my recently deceased cat, but then I'd probably wake myself up crying

and that's all for Lucidity. Peace out, anons

Attached: 044.jpg (1361x1795, 928K)

Moral of the story: don't overdose on sleeping pills to lucid dream.

Cool. Thanks user.

Has Simon ever said when there'll be a continuation of the "Owl moves out" storyline? Is the series just gonna continue with other venues and save that plotline for the official ending?

I don't believe either of you have done Rusty Brown because Rusty obviously has autism and is incapable of functioning normally

He's just kind of gross in a morbidly fascinating way, the other stories surrounding him like Rusty's dad or his bully Lint are more interesting

WWJ's kids are like 10/11ish right? How old are the character supposed to be? Around 30ish?

>a loser like owl is also a lady's man

An odd combination

BLACK HOLE SUN
WON'T YOU COME
AND WASH AWAY THE RAIN

the head singer of Soundgarden/Audioslave killed himself last year, Soundgarden only got back together a few years ago too

Yeah, all the characters are pretty much around their late 20s/early 30s. In one of the earlier comics Jaxon actually comes to see WWJ's grave while Owl's there and they go to lunch where he talks about how he's actually doing pretty well. Wonder how Diesel ended up.

So who paid for their hospital visit? Since they got retconned to being in the states, I doubt they have healthcare. That hospital stay probably cost them over $10,000 each.

Mike and Booger somehow bullshitted it? Who knows.

>An odd combination

Its odd, but Ive known guys like that. Weird, dumpy looking guys that are drunk all the time/do coke, but they have the confidence/charisma to always be fucking different chicks every weekend. Or have a new girlfriend every 2-3 weeks. Probably a combination of not being able to keep a stable relationship with anybody because they are void of personality outside of "Lets get drunk and do drugs!" and never being satisfied with who they find.

Even in MM&O the gang were really grossed out when they were talking about how many sexual partners they've had and owl has like over 30, while Megg and Mogg were only at like 2-3 or something.

most storytimes are good threads

Mogg probably has health insurance but didnt give the hospital any id on who he is. If they didnt skip out on being discharged they just ignored the bill. Owl ends up paying for everything.

Good list

He said that the scene where everyone watches Werewolf Jones try to rape Owl as a prank is based on something that happened to him.

>So who paid for their hospital visit? Since they got retconned to being in the states, I doubt they have healthcare. That hospital stay probably cost them over $10,000 each.
Are you kidding? Hospital bills are notorious for being ignored.
That's part of why medical costs are so high. To compensate for how many people never pay their hospital bills.

Yeah, this is the kind of thing that makes me feel gross and sticky just watching it. Add it.

lobotomy owl best owl

Another really underrated shitcore cartoonist is Anya Davidson, of Band For Life. Great shit.

Ending was pretty garbage though.

He's WWJ when he's hopped up on drugs. When sober he's just Jones.

The family getting broken up or the running through Disney Land part?

Sometimes I'm sad I don't have friends

But if this comic is supposed to be a grounded portrayal of friendship, maybe I dodged a bullet

This page actually has very nice composition.

Druggie friends, everyone's had the opportunity to have them at some point in their lives. Never treat them like friends, they rob you for drugs and use you as stress relief from their own misery. But this comic is a nice safe viewpoint of typical behavior.

Disney World.

Yeah, the whole thing was apparently done in one go too since security forbids filming at the park and they'd have gotten kicked out.

Or druggie relatives

Now THAT sounds like a living hell.

It makes the argument for single payer health system. Salt lake city had the novel idea to just give the homeless housing and preventive health care and it took a huge amount of debt off of the emergency room visits.

This one's great. Have we ever seen the gang's parents? I know Meg's visits her mother in one comic.

We've only seen Megg's drug addicted mother/aunt and whoever the other witch was.
We haven't seen Owl or WWJ's parents. I expect WWJ's mom and dad are probably dead or something though.

We have seen a photo of owl's parents and mogg's adopted parents are humans and quite old.

I get the impression from his few apperances that Wizard Guy is actually a pretty cool dude who has his shit together somewhat. By MMO standards being smart and concerned enough to call an ambulance when your friends OD on sleeping pills is basically a superpower.

I've known people like Meg and Mogg and Werewolf Jones for years now.I keep them at arms length but I always find my self coming back to them for some reason
I think I posted this in the last thread but here is how I met my werewolf Jones
he was a weird creepy guy who kept to himself and would never bathe instead just wash him self with TCP(mild antiseptic liquid)
Kids used to make fun of him and I wanted to fit in and so I made him fun of him after which he walked right up to me punched me in the stomach,put me in choke hold and forced me lick his shoes with my tongue while he called my mother a prostitute
a couple days he apologized for what he did even though he didn't have to and we became friends

He gives most of the money he earns from the variety of menial jobs he gets like working at K-Mart or at the pool as a lifeguard to his sick mother.

Did you ever find out why he hated soap and water or was he like steve jobs and thought his shit dont stink?

I picked up the Bad Gateway hardback yesterday

if the end page is anything go off, next is Meggs Coven, and it looks like Owl is teased

They're going back to Megg's mother's house again? Now that sounds like some premium depression fuel. Her family lives in even more squalor then she does.

he doesn't like water on his body,so he cleans himself by scrubbing antiseptic liquid all over his body and his clothes daily
he usually takes a shower once a week

listen making friends isn't impossible
taking up a sport is a great way to make new friends

Rusty doesn't seem especially autistic. Sure, he's an obnoxious manchild, but he's got a shitty mother and seemingly never had a father figure, plus has clearly been under-socialised from an early age. Any child without adequate mentoring and socialising is going to end up not developing social skills, emotional regulation/maturity or personal responsibility.

Superficially he bears some resemblance to autism, sure. Probably enough for a positive diagnosis these days. But just because someone has autistic traits doesn't make them autistic - pretty much all of them can be caused by environmental factors. Although parent pressure groups in the 70s did a pretty good job of silencing anyone who suggested that a child's domestic environment had any bearing on their behaviour and development.

I've read all of these now, thanks for helping me get into this. I showed my wife these and now she thinks im cool. U saved my marriage.

Attached: 1564449466309.jpg (1210x1656, 519K)

Does female trouble count?

Attached: lole2.jpg (157x157, 8K)

>new book scheduled to arrive today

Come on amazon where the fuck is it

>WWJ always got your back.

Yeah, it the same sense how Bueno Excellente would got your back

ronnie should move in to owl's old room

I have autism and am incapable of functioning normally.
I don't play video games, collect toys and I am not a fat slob though.

Is Megg supposed to fatten up over the course of the series or is this just a more general shift in character design?

She does look like she's gained a few pounds from when Owl left to the start of Bad Gateway. Maybe Owl being around kinda made her eat less then she would've otherwise.

Ok i'm reading WWJ and sons and i just got to the HTML Flowers chapter... Jesus christ its bad

Attached: pdf000013.jpg (1700x2200, 587K)

I was think that too. Like did simon not write anything html did and just looked it over and said yeah it's fine?

>WORDS
>WORDS
>WORDS
>WWJ acting out of character
>WORDS

Attached: pdf000019.jpg (1700x2200, 540K)

It's just so weird seeing another author/artist write/draw a MM&O comic. It just doesn't feel right. Also this guy's art style is kinda balls.

Imagine if that is the quality an animated show had. I like Brad needly's work but china, il is no where nears as good as his animated shorts that came before it.

Not a bad motto.

I would also recommend the soundtrack from "Lone Survivor" for the purposes of reading MM&O, and not just because the game is inspired by Silent Hill 2. The music has the same sort of "dreamy trip-hop/alt rock" feel to it. It's a comfy aesthetic. I imagine that third track as being what plays over the end of the strip where Owl leaves.

youtu.be/UD4oU134ot4
youtu.be/QwZirD1x5FM
youtu.be/8r2GP1PQK6s

The after-mission music from Hotline Miami is also appropriate for this.
youtu.be/EL_pBJN_O3M

Attached: a1959132072_10.jpg (1200x1200, 146K)

I have limited experience lucid dreaming but from what I have tried you cannot "learn" anything in a lucid dream because logic in a dream doesn't operate the same as it does in reality. The best you can do is nurture creativity.

I was thinking, Megg and Mogg are actually pretty nice to Owl when he's acting like they do. Aimless, high, and not caring about consequences. All they're mean behavior of Owl arises when Owl tries to get them to adhere to a schedule, or follow rules, or act with anything even resembling normalcy. If he pushes them at all, they push back twice as hard. And they retort with hostility because deep down they know he's right, and they should take his advice. Even so much as Owl talking about his job, or going on a date causes Megg and Mogg to push back because it reminds them, on a subconscious level, that they really should work as hard as Owl does and that their own relationship is stagnant and toxic. Megg and Mogg specifically dislike Owl when he challenges them, or even unintentionally makes them consider their own position. The better Owl starts doing, the more Megg and Mogg hate him because he becomes a point of contrast, a tangible reminder of how they SHOULD be living instead of how they do, and they reject it which manifests as abuse of Owl.

I hate it. I used to have an unplugged version of megahex (original versions, uncensored, plus very rare stuff like mogg sucking megg's pussy) but I deleted it, because I couldn't handle it anymore. The older I am, the more I enjoy WWJ. I missed that fucking asshole, so here I am, bitter and accepting pain

They're crabs in a bucket.

>dat death metal font of "lucidity"

Did anyone get the Bad Gateway mini zine bonus from Fantagraphics?

Makes you wonder where their mindset is now that WWJ is living with them 24/7.

Owl likes healthy food, so the house probably had more healthy food when he was around, and when he left they went full junk without his judgement

Their mindset seems to be steadily deteriorating.
I'm surprised that they haven't advertised for another roommate/Owl/buttmonkey though. They obviously need someone semi stable to bring in the bucks and let them drift back to what they had been doing for years.

They can barely hold it together going outside and looking for jobs. Finding another roommate would involve effort, something they hate doing. And finally, anyone with half a brain would take one look at that situation and nope right the hell out of there.

They bully him because he's like this And it annoys them when someone like that is better off than them. It's like if Milhouse succeeded at something and was looking down on Bart. "I'm way cooler than you, I can't believe you're acting like you're better than me, and I can't believe that you actually are"

And they don't like being told to do normal things as if being normal is something they want. "We're know we're not doing what we should do, why do you think we care". They know they're garbage and just want to exploit any means to avoid hard work, and to avoid participating in a world and society they see as boring.
Wandering aimlessly off the path and and getting muddy in the ditch is the path they've chosen, and they resent being told to get back on the path. Everybody resents being told to stop doing what they want to do

For anyone who needs another fix of drugged-out despair similar to what MM&O offers, look no further than pic related.

Attached: MMO Kino.png (1986x1882, 1.51M)

Might I suggest obscure french comedy "Gros degueulasse" (roughly translates to Ugly bastard) for your list? Based on a comic of the same name, it's about this absolutely massive wreck of a man, a social reject who goes around doing whatever he pleases and generally being a nuisance to all the normalfags around him.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEcCxZhmHCA
It's not as depressing as the other movies in the list, but the main guy does have some WWJ vibes to him so I thought it could still fit the MM&O theme pretty well. Also, it does end with the main character alone in his crappy, dirty apartment, reflecting on how shitty and depressing his life is, before committing suicide by cutting his wrist open with a tin can lid.
The whole movie's on youtube if anyone's interested, but you'll need to understand some basic french since I can't find any subtitles.

Attached: gros-dégueulasse-2[1].jpg (182x277, 19K)

>Tim Heidecker

Attached: 1552578776556.png (624x642, 378K)

We've got "Freddy Got Fingered" on there so I don't see why this wouldn't fit as well. It's not like MM&O is short on absurd humor, so it works.

Explain this metaphor please.

youtube.com/watch?v=ipg4EL_JUyE

Crabs in a bucket will fuck around. Eventually, one will try to crawl out. The others will grab it and pull it back down with them.

i have no money can i send them well wishes?

Crabs will attempt to climb out of a bucket but can not. They inadvertently pull each other back down as they attempt to use eachother to climb

This nigga wearing a tshirt with a ninja turtle dropping a shit?

thank you user

lol why hang out with a megg? It's really not worth it if she really is like that.

Thank you

I live in a 3rd world shithole and got no friends, let alone anyone who shares my interests. hers have swtiched to smoking 24/7 and astrology shit so thats debatable now

im keeping distance but would rather get fucked up at her place than spend the whole day in front of the computer

They would love you in Americaits a very welcoming country.
Homies over hoes. The meggs of the world fuck up friend groups

Thanks. There's plenty more good independent comic artists but they don't really deal with this kind of subject matter.

That's what his newest release is. Bad Gateway.

>Gros degueulasse
TRANSLATED:

>I'm a REAL loser
>In my cheap restaurants I can pick up my food with my eyes closed.
>It's always going to taste like shit

>I'm broke, I can look for an apartment with my eyes closed.
>It's going to be filthy regardless

>I can EVEN
>Pick up a woman, with my eyes closed
>She's going to be ugly anyway

>Some people would think I'm depressed...

>Not really, at least I'm not bllind!

Classic old Choron crew... J'emmerde Charlie mais franchement...

Chuis Tunisien et même moi je suis nostalgique de ce vieil humour français.

Attached: GRO.jpg (480x378, 95K)

Politics aside, Hyde is GOAT. But again I don't tune into his comedy for political insights.

AARRRRRGHHH someone post the Bad Gateway scans already!

this is yard

Attached: yard1.jpg (1280x1852, 591K)

Attached: yard2.jpg (1280x1811, 596K)

Attached: yard3.jpg (1280x1895, 637K)

Attached: yard4.jpg (1280x1849, 596K)

Attached: yard5.jpg (1280x1865, 628K)

Attached: yard6.jpg (1280x1899, 657K)

Attached: yard7.jpg (1280x1908, 673K)

END

FUCK OWLS

Attached: yard8.jpg (1280x1853, 621K)

a classic

Attached: theatre1.jpg (1280x1829, 566K)

Attached: theatre2.jpg (1280x1803, 532K)

Attached: theatre3.jpg (1280x1880, 546K)

Attached: theatre4.jpg (1280x1823, 522K)

Attached: theatre5.jpg (1280x1893, 597K)

Yeah this is one of my favorites
>y'wanna try again?

>"we are peadophiles"
>"different person"
>them immediately trying to just walk back in
>cup of piss
>completely deadpan expressions
>"low class sex-clowns"
fucking brilliant

Attached: loud house thread.png (819x459, 529K)

Throwing a cup of cat piss on someone is uniquely terrible.

we can't just discuss it
we have to post it too

Attached: ob01.jpg (1280x1864, 576K)

oh no you don't have to post this one

Attached: ob02.jpg (1280x1886, 574K)

tOo lAtE

Attached: ob03.jpg (1228x1920, 623K)

Attached: ob04.jpg (1280x1872, 664K)

Attached: ob05.jpg (1280x1890, 682K)

i will spoiler the second half

Attached: ob06.jpg (1280x1897, 637K)

Attached: ob07.jpg (1265x1920, 629K)

Attached: ob08.jpg (1280x1873, 647K)

Why are the covers different? I want the one on the right but the one on the left is the one being displayed on the Chapters site, which is where I'd prefer to buy it from

I want to get a copy because I know my friends would love/be horrified by this series as we've all known people like this and have been on the edge of this lifestyle ourselves, and they're way more likely to read a physical book I lend them

Attached: iuhgiuhigig.png (851x453, 698K)

well i'm clearly too drunk to post spoilers correctly

Attached: ob09.jpg (1280x1871, 634K)

Attached: ob10.jpg (1280x1864, 621K)

Attached: ob11.jpg (1280x1837, 646K)

Different editions. Some later versions have slight censoring.

This one just makes me sad because I'm not quite sure if this is the meanest thing they've ever done to him but it's the most shocking
they just beat him up and rape the poor owl
I think this was the first MM&O comics I saw, too
This was my exposure to their universe

Attached: ob12.jpg (1280x1881, 683K)

The fact an ounce of weed and a videogame is all it takes to earn forgiveness will always make me chuckle.

I know they aren’t totally forgiven but still.

Congratulations Hanselman, you wrote the funniest rape in the history of literature

would you let your crush's ex and current boyfriend rape you for a few seconds if it meant she would smoke you out and cheer you on while playing video games?

No.
Who but Owl would even consider that?
God, what the hell is Owl's problem?

no but i'd fuck my crush because she wants to fuck and girls will do anything for ketamollicane

Attached: beach1.jpg (1280x1851, 631K)

Attached: beach2.jpg (1280x1838, 716K)

what the FUCK
does owl call the cops or what this shit is bizarre
is there a lesson to this?
is this some commentary about whatever the fuck?

Attached: buh.jpg (800x600, 264K)

Attached: beach3.jpg (1280x1843, 654K)

no but eventually he decides he probably shouldn't live with them anymore

He hadn't realized he can do better.

see

Attached: beach4.jpg (1280x1841, 601K)

Reminder that this specific story was autobiographical. It happened to Simon.

oh christ i think i recall having read that

Hilarious

The commentary is that Owl is a very lonely pathetic man, so much so that it takes a rape to snap some sort of sense into him.
He's rather get shat and pissed on by his roomies betaorbiting Megg than tough it out alone finding love and friendship elsewhere

I REPEAT IF YOU FIND YOURSELF AS THE OWL IN YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WALK OUT OF YOUR SITUATION

jokes on you, you have to have friends to be the owl of a group

I thought it happened to someone he knew

Far as I know Simon had Mike’s role

Why is he into Meg? He's never had problems getting girls in the comic.
Mike's appearance is strangely the most disturbing aspect of that event. Why, Mike?

rapists are not friends

sup thread limit, long time no see

He probably wants her because he can't have her.

Think about your friend group. If you can't name the Owl in it, it's you.

If they stayed flaccid and didn't punch me, sure

You can't be the owl if you don't have friends!
haha

Attached: horrible time.jpg (313x258, 93K)

Nah, it happened to his friend Karl

Attached: eojrgojrothj.png (691x521, 68K)

She's funnier and weirder than normal girls, and shares some of his interests like drugs and booze

She was ‘that’ crush from highschool. If you don’t get what that means there’s probably no point in explaining.

Wasn’t totally over mine til I was like 25.

Not every friend group has or needs an owl.

Someone post Owl finally telling them all to fuck off and moving out.

He really is in an abusive relationship. They do something horrible then make it up to him because they need him, not because they care or feel genuine remorse.

i get the feeling some strips are not suppossed to be taken seriously

this is megg mog and owl
megg and mog ignored it
owl is paying it for the next 15 years
werewolf jones is in jail

>cLOUDDEAD

I'm a big anticon nerd, and I missed this scanning through yesterday. Interesting choice.

I sometimes think of the Mountain Goats as good soundtrack to MMO. Sometimes Coco Rosie.

mogg is too real

It looks like a night scene?
Maybe it's full moon?

>3rd world shithole
>swtiched to smoking 24/7 and astrology shit
I have a suspicion we live in the same country lol.
Go and hang out with other people, find other activities and don't be too selective about them. You might meet new, interesting people that could be your friend. The world is huge and full of people, there's no way you can't find somebody you can share stuff with.

Mike's just hangin'. That's his whole deal, coolest dude.

How is he so good at hangin'?