When a cartoon is in a foreign language, like French...

When a cartoon is in a foreign language, like French, do you prefer to watch it in its original language or dubbed into your preferred language?

Attached: duck.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Only an idiot would watch wakfu in English, their English VAs are fucking atrocious, especially Ruell's

Usually I can't stand subs, but this only seems to apply to Japanese anime. I enjoyed Wakfu in French.

French is a beautiful language, there is basically no reason to choose any other option.

I'm a subtitle snob.

>French
>beautiful
It sounds fucking disgusting what are you talking about

This post was probably made by someone from one of those countries we beat in a war.

Attached: i disagree.png (644x475, 271K)

>It sounds fucking disgusting
No, you're thinking of German.

German is awesome dude. Are there any German cartoons? I'd watch that.

I generally like to watch things in my own language but i don't mind subs.

Same. Although I can't really stand the French language (or anything French for that matter), I don't think I've ever heard anything worse than the Wakfu dub.

I haven't heard the Wakfu dub but I can say with confidence that the Shadowverse dub is worse.

Felidae

english and french share enough words (and the french VAs are great) that i could pick up most of what they're saying

Most languages use loan words from English, it is effectively a bridge language.

German also sounds horrible

Not really, no.

If it's Anime, I watch subs
If it's French, I watch dubs

French is a gross language only enjoyed by The French because they're all hyper arrogant about living in France.

Waahaaa! The French champagne has always been celebrated for its excellence. There is a California champagne by Paul Masson, inspired by that same French excellence. It's fermented in the bottle and, like the best French champagne, is vintage dated, so Paul Masson....

I prefer to watch in the original language, except when it is english.

I really dislike americans dubs even of their own shows.

It's safe to say that Americans ruin everything.

Interesting.

Yeah, same.

>He doesn't like french
>He likes german
Oh, the irony.

Two of those posts are mine, I like both.

Also, German names are awesome, like Freudia Neuwahl.

Yeah, same, but I prefer french. I hope germanimation would be more mainstream.

The best language, of course, is Irish, but I've never heard of an Irish cartoon.

ITT: German cope

Wakfu Polish dub was great, shame only first season was dubbed...

>all theses idiots that think Italian isnt the best overall language
Mama mia these losers :^)

Depends on the dub. Unfortunately Wakfu got a really shitty dub.

>english cartoon
Original soundrack, english subtitles. Dub when watch with someone else
>french
Whatever works, probably will go for a local dub
t. non-english speaker

Attached: 1559858155816.jpg (900x1444, 200K)

Original. Americunt voice actors are absolutely terrible

With subtitles, i dont like to wait for a dub and i dont like to watch the same shit again

Americans are just terrible in general.

French has a bunch of cool words like chevalier that Americans can never hope to pronounce correctly.

this

It's easy to say French words; you just leave out every consonant except the first one.

"She(h)a(h)yieu(h)."

Subbed if the show is good, dubbed if I'm too busy to sit through it.

in the case of french-english specifically, english actually borrowed a shitload of words from french, from back when england was ruled by the normans.

i think it's something like 1/3rd of english words that come from french

Being french myself, I will usually watch the original versions of a show no matter what country it is from. I don't use subs anymore for english-language cartoons, but anything else I will need them yeah.

It just feels like a nice bit of exoticism to hear another language, even if you don't understand shit.

There are occasional exceptions where I will listen to dubs if they're known to be great, though. South Park for instance is a series I've watched both in english and french because the dub is great and often adds its own little jokes and whatnot.

I pretty much always watch the original.
It's gotten to the point where I have a hard time watching a cartoon dubbed to my native language, since it feels like I'm watching some sort of weird knockoff version, especially if I'm used to the original version.

English VAs are like robots, speak like Google translation. They have no soul

Subs, always subs. Dubs are for literal toddlers and Germans. Anyone who prefers dubs after the age of three is mentally challenged. Or German.

Why for Germans?

Their words are so long that subtitles would obscure the video. This is not a joke.