Why did they redesign him?...

Why did they redesign him?, I felt like they didn't have any faith that the original Riddler would be taken seriously and so they had to make him darker

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (640x480, 71K)

Riddle me this, why does he look like a woman?

Wasn't he originally gonna be voiced by Marilyn Manson?

Everyone got a heavy redesign and obviously they wanted each one to stick out in some way.

They redesigned everybody (except for the Penguin I think), it's not fair to just single him out

>didn't have any faith that the original Riddler would be taken seriously
They're making commercials for children's toys, user. They're not trying to win an emmy.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (373x601, 59K)

I mean, they played fast and loose with all of them.

Attached: 1449970828371.png (669x669, 85K)

>Bros what if the Joker was a fucking rastafarian bonobo

They believed that if they made characters resemble the classic versions, people would think of the show as "like B:TAS, but not as good", so they decided to go in a different direction to be seen as more of their own thing. This was likely a smart idea, as the show was popular enough to get four seasons.

ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS READYYYY?!

>They believed that if they made characters resemble the classic versions, people would think of the show as "like B:TAS, but not as good", so they decided to go in a different direction to be seen as more of their own thing.

The irony of course being, people still see it that way. Hamill said it best, what was The Batman trying to do that TAS didn't already do? BATB was going in a different direction.

Why do you care about that one when they did THIS to the Joker?
I don't care what any of the Yea Forums contrarians say, this is objectively the worst mainstream Joker design of all time, BY FAR.
>B-But his hair is meant to represent a jester's cap and his costume is a mental patient's straitjacket
Yeah, I know. Still the worst mainstream Joker design and if you disagree your "taste" is beyond helping.
Joker should not be a fucking hunched over Jamaican monkey with karate skills who uses his feet like hands.

Attached: Joker.jpg (785x633, 94K)

I don't like him as The Joker but he's good enough on his own.
Feels kind of like the Jokers pet dog.
The Riddler design just doesn't work

Manson flaked at the last minute and the animation was already underway, so they were stuck with that design.

>worst mainstream joker

Wrong

Attached: Joker_Young_Justice.png (400x300, 117K)

I think this could work better if it was paired with a different sort of Batman.
But The Batman is just kind of a normal Batman.

Source?

>They managed to make an adaptation of the Batman Who Laughs before he was even created
Fuck you, Also this Joker was scary, At least in the Batman Vs Dracula

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (817x613, 49K)

why can't the Joker be a karate monkey man, user? it actually makes him a credible threat instead of being Batman's roleplay buddy like in most incarnations. besides, he eventually changes to the purple suit, he just started out wearing a colorful straitjacket which is in-character for the Joker. finally, he should be allowed to fucking fist/feet fight, Batman fights with Killer Crocs and Clayfaces, why is it so unbelieavable that the Joker could've gotten powers or enhanced physiology thanks to those chemicals he fell on?

He would have been fine, if they let Spiner act like Lore.

>The only good redesign
Ignoring the character, This is the best look Mr.Freeze has

Attached: saedsdfsf.jpg (353x844, 55K)

>Redesign characters.
>Forbid Justice League from using classic bat characters so people won't confuse them with your differently designed characters.
Bravo CN.

Attached: batembargo.jpg (852x480, 52K)

Why does it bother you so much?

No
It looks good but no

>Still the worst mainstream Joker design
Leto Joker exists user

Jared Leto says you're both wrong.

It's boring if everyone is a brawler and if Batman solves every problem by punching things. Some fights are fine, but it makes Batman more interesting if you show his detective skills and his analytical side as well as the martial arts side.

dr steel freeze still looks better. It's a lot less generic and a lot more iconic.

CHILL MAN!

Attached: 1534603691214.png (480x360, 168K)

The series was full of odd redesigns which is why I avoided it until very recently. I decided to give it a shot upon learning that Black Mask was in there. It was better than I thought it would be.

Penguin was weird too, he had enormous three-fingered hands and red hair

I feel they wanted him to like an actual court jester crossed with a mental patient. His first costume was cool too