Currently in the market for a comic artist...

Currently in the market for a comic artist, paying per page (rate defers) post portfolio examples; I appreciate your time!

Attached: 1503253598957.png (645x679, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/envyskort
the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/Let's_Make_A_Comic!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've developed this series for a swell amount of time, and I believe there is enough material to actually put the works out now; I just need a regular artist?

Attached: 20190527_160011.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

You might be better off hunting around art sites. Most people here just criticize comics and, when we learn to draw, have our own ideas.

Also, if that's your own art, it's cute and you should just run with it.

Hey, thanks for saying so; it is indeed my own art, howbeit, I lack that true artist discipline to wrap the whole gig together (by myself) I definitely wanna participate in artist duties but the work ahead is quite vast, so I really want to work with someone (possibly long term)

Yeah well, storytime?

Phew! Let's see if I can bundle this up nicely for radio interest...a non-linear space opera, including different timelines, yet, grounded in the sense that the lore can be easily digested (i.e. won't feel like a universe that requires the reader to catch up with the workings or place). The focus is on brothers, and by that, a generational corruption through time that always continues the tradition of blood (with the brothers feuding).

So, the story will switch settings throughout the book but it all ties into the present and the actual hero for the series.

Attached: 20190527_155741.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

The main title is Zeitgeber, and 2 other titles go in hand with the reading (as the topics are too much to cover in 1 book)
Basically, starting a new comic universe, which I also wanna include open sourced characters and perhaps purchasing of old dead characters from the 40s to flesh out the whole universe

Attached: 20190527_151450.jpg (4032x3024, 3.06M)

It sounds like it could be fun. But, you'd easily be looking at like $60+ per page probably, even in a simple style. Speaking from experience, the discipline is something that grows after you start, if you wanna just take a swing at that.

Moreover, to what I mean by grounded is that the worlds are gonna be filled with mythology that people already know, pulled from the good old texts of actual history and ancient fantasy; the creatures and aliens will be sourced as if you knew about this universe the whole time, and now as the reader, you are simply getting a neat package of mesh, something familiar but also pressed into a new scope of how these things are featured

Any insight into the matter is highly beneficial to my complete projects, so really, thanks for the words. As I said, I would definitely be working side by side with the artist, in hopes that they can adapt to my aesthetic and add in their own beauty too (background being major)

And honestly, as far as my discipline goes, I don't have any doubts that I could flesh it out by myself. I just know for certainty that a project of this caliber could be quite profound with a good team.

>Any insight into the matter is highly beneficial to my complete projects, so really, thanks for the words. As I said, I would definitely be working side by side with the artist, in hopes that they can adapt to my aesthetic and add in their own beauty too (background being major)

They won't always find that a positive thing. Like, a lot of artists aren't looking for a partnership: they have a list of things they have to draw for lots of people and want some character sheets to reference and some storyboards to match. You should think of it as commissioning any other tradesman.

Rather than putting a call out, you should consider hunting down an artist whose style you like and asking them what their rates are. Most good artists have a de-facto portfolio out there on various gallery sites, and they're waiting for jobs to come to them. Just remember that they're not going to be as into the idea as you are: they just make pretty pictures and get paid to do it.

Attached: infinite_guardian_p_12_by_envyskort_dakfr04-fullview.jpg (1024x1583, 222K)

Aye, I hear ya on that. I have actually worked on this project throughout various periods of my life (high school, college) and now that i am in full stride in general life, and I have the money to seal a deal, it is definitely time to see this caper payoff. And during these periods, I have worked with artists that became very close to the project; unfortunately, time creates a natural dropoff and I have been left with the materials through all this time. I am looking for an artist for the long run, risk and all (of course, being paid is incentive, just need em invested)

What are your tools? Any hand drawn examples?

If you end up not doing the art in the book at least do the covers like I like this and good luck with everything, user. Go to comic cons and see the local artist there. It helps to talk to the editors too just please copyright everything.

Photoshop and a bamboo tablet

Attached: WHY.jpg (2550x3300, 1.84M)

Attached: 7 LADIES JAMMING 001.jpg (3250x2458, 3.52M)

I actually used to regularly hit the San Diego comic con (and Wizard world) when I was younger and living in Cali; i would speak with my favorites, and thankfully, Kevin Eastman (creator of TMNT) talked me into pursuing my dream. The dream into reality has become a life long journey, and hearing support (especially for my goofy art) is incredible!

Dude I meet Kevin Eastman as well. Cool as fuck. He was low key drinking vodka and Red Bull in his booth. I got to talk to him about comics for a while as he signed some stuff. Best experience.

Do you feel comfortable with hand drawn? I like the traditional style as opposed to computer generated, but I am not against editing on photoshop and such. Do you have a website I can contact you further?

I like your art OP, it's charming and unique, which is way more important that being "technically" good. I think you stand to make a lot more money just doing it yourself for the first volume or two. If you apply yourself and genuinely try I can see you getting to crazy levels. Check out the series HEADLOPPER, or the artists social media, your art reminds me of that guy.

deviantart.com/envyskort

You'd have to tell me your idea and what you're offering before I could say if I could make it work with traditional style. Message me there, if you would.

TMNT and Eastman are truly an inspiration for my works, I know a book of such means can be made when I think of how TMNT was created and published.

I mean, I'd be a fool to not admit that the bandanas that a couple characters wear aren't direct influences from the turtles haha

Attached: 20190527_150118.jpg (4032x3024, 2.99M)

Buy quality card stock or Bristol paper and drawing tools and make it yourself. It's an alpha move.

I am at work right now (security field, perfect setting sometimes for me to work on the project) but you will hear from me within the next couple days on more details, I am grateful for your interest! And your art is wondeful!

It’s the same Kevin and Peter did with the turtles they put their love of Miller’s Daredevil and Ronan into their works.

Thank you.

Overwhelmed with your take, I really wanna post more but one must be reserved in these times, please forgive me! I cannot make any promises, as we are all susceptible to mania, nonetheless, the works will be done, whatever works!

Attached: 20190527_153805.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

Gah! Dang ya, a push in the right direction and I just might have to! Even with a handful of support, you all truly make me wanna attempt this myself and that is a feeling I haven't seen in myself since inception of the idea ha

Attached: 20190527_140143.jpg (1657x2253, 1.46M)

ugh

Yeah, honestly, your work is cute. If anything, what you should be looking for is an editor for writing who can help you refine presentation. But even then, a rough and from-the-heart presentation can be fun.

Just do it. All you need is a scanner and photoshop and a lot of patience. Gotta have the attitude of "best time to plant a tree was ten years ago, and the second best time is today"
There were some Lets Make a Comic threads recently where an user drew every post as a panel and tried to make a story out of the random bullshit, and he ended up going for 400+ pages. Comics can be anything, and you have plenty of ideas so throw out your self doubt and spend the next few weeks making a new comic for us all to enjoy.

>There were some Lets Make a Comic threads recently where an user drew every post as a panel and tried to make a story out of the random bullshit, and he ended up going for 400+ pages
what bullshit

the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/Let's_Make_A_Comic!
Here's the download links if you want to read the greatest Yea Forumsllaboration we'll likely ever get.

.....the cosmos must be comedians, and I, a mere tool in its jokes; that it would take a korean basket weaving forum to convince me of my worth and that of my works hahaha if only you all knew how wild this year has been for me

Attached: 20190527_141043.jpg (2046x1867, 1.47M)

I really don't care about how crazy your year was, things may or may not get better champ you just got to have thick skin and deal with it, I care about your art.

Surely if Japan's One Punch Man webcomic caught the attention of one Japan's great artist and eventually became a partner effort, surely OP can have the same thing happen to him right?

Yes! I believe that, trust me, the callus has it's own color; and I wouldn't bore you all with the nasty details unless we were getting comfy around a bonfire. You are completely right, the works must be done!

Well I know what I'm doing tonight

it looks like shit

There's always gonna be people like this guy, take it as a compliment that someone would take time out of their day to comment on your art.

not everyone is cut out for art, and this guy clearly isn't.

And that's just like, your opinion man.

I have a cousin who is absolutely perfect for this comic, he was actually the first person to help shape the universe with me. We just have so much in front of us, I would think the only thing to convince em that this work needs to be done is showing the money, and not just paying him by the page ha

None too worried, it is nothing I haven't heard before. A t shirt company wanted to buy my characters some years back, when I rejected their offers, they insulted my work haha so it goes!

Your art is not great, this is true. But you clearly have passion. Here's a protip: all artists start out as shit. just keep working and maybe try posting some things regularly to get a feel for a regular schedule

Anyway you can do it!

Attached: $.png (150x150, 6K)

I somewhat agree with ya, hence why I am looking for an alternative artist, eek!

Thanks for this, all good stuff to help highlight strengths in our abilities, and more so, to curb our fears.

>I would think the only thing to convince em that this work needs to be done is showing the money, and not just paying him by the page ha

IF your cousin is a professional, I would recommend paying by the page over "showing them the money". Like, speaking as an artist, the biggest red flag that a project will go nowhere and pay nothing is being offered a percentage rather than cold hard cash. Good clients don't try to sell you on long-term viability: they offer you an enticing deal for every page that speaks for itself.

Paying in cash also shifts most of the miscellaneous responsibilities to you rather than the artist. Like, if the artist is simply getting paid "50%", then suddenly their payment depends upon them promoting the project and helping it gain visibility. This might seem like a positive thing to you, but to the artist, you're basically asking them to do a ton more work if they want to see any payment at all. You want the artist to contribute to your success, yeah, but you want it to be because working with you is beneficial to them and they want to keep doing it - not because they're afraid all their work will be for naught if they don't take on a bunch of extra jobs and manually drag your idea to success.

>Your art is not great, this is true. But you clearly have passion

I like the art, personally. It's simple, but a whole ton of distracting details is not an advantage in storytelling.

Attached: dogs46.png (640x480, 53K)

You should try it, the LMAC OP did get noticeably better over time.

Love your realistic measure, I hadn't ever thought the art itself was great, but the aesthetic has potential, and with the proper hands, polished into a gem or at least, a very smooth rock ha

there are plenty of artists that are still shit over a long period of time

Yeah, being where I am at in life, my asking for help with the project doesn't entail the small print bullshit; I am willing to pay flat rates per page, no extra bish, and in our business, the working together can develop into partnership when we see these works taking off. I want the personal investment; I understand that it will take quite the warming up for further access.

Because they're lazy and make no effort to get better. That doesn't mean they lack the capacity to improve dumbass.

I think about the first volume of Walking Dead, imagine if the art was done as such for the entire series. I am not opposed to various artists to work with, just the aesthetic must remain.

>imagine if that art was done for the entire series
Tony Moore is slow as fuck, Charlie Adlard saved the book. Simple art styles that tell a story triumph complex ones from a practicality standpoint. Which is another reason why you can do your comic on your own.

Point taken, shoot! The stones are stacked, I feel the weight, and the courage to carry it all feels like a proper responsibility.

Do it faggot

I wanted to show you all this; I got extremely lucky because my complex put new cement right in front of my doorstep, I took the chance to put some flare before my guests enter my home hah maybe it was sign?

Attached: 20190729_222116.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

Attached: 20190729_222131.jpg (4032x3024, 3.13M)

>that ewok wallet
You better be a femanon or you got some 'splanin to do.

it would explain a lot

It is my gal's wallet haha she left it in the car, and that's just asking for a car break in; the funky painting of Paris was in a trashcan, I thought it deserved better.

>Implying anyone would hire an Aussie.
Fuck off ya cunt

Aussie?

Attached: 1558931487017.jpg (425x425, 120K)

It was lovely speaking with you all, until next time!

Attached: 20190730_001440.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

bump