The Batman

Is this one of the best batman series to date? I fucking love this series, and the unique designs of everyone.
youtube.com/watch?v=x0eMcjeaRjs

Attached: thebatman.png (349x538, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLLUK5vcymE&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=L4ZdNfItZoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8tvEFJiJY6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I respect the fact that they tried to go in a different direction with the characters than BTAS and that they tried different character designs, but in almost every case, BTAS was superior.

Ron Perlman was really fun as Killer Croc though.

I really enjoyed what they did with the Joker and Penguin. There were a lot of redesigns I enjoyed, only one that looked weird was The Riddler, no fucking idea why they made him a hot topic emo.

I recently rewatched a few episodes -- I love the arc they gave Ethan as Clayface and his descent into villainy.

Seconds was a great episode too; Felt like their version of a BTAS episode with higher emotional stakes and darker storytelling -- Plus Grey won, he beat Batman and got his wish.

How many batman animated series do you think there's been?

are we counting Justice League cartoons? Cause at least like 5

The Adventures of Batman (pre-Scooby Doo)
The New Adventures of Batman (post-Scooby Doo)
Batman The Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures (BTAS continuation)
Batman Beyond
The Batman
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Beware the Batman

Not counting the movies or the justice league or the team ups.

i always used to think this had a continuity with the teen titans cartoon. Similar art style with the same Robin in leading roles.

I liked the show, havn't seen it since i was a child though.

I was never a fan of most of the weird redesigns.

i wasn't aware of beware the batman, so i watched a clip of it, and godamn it is so fucking ugly

BTAS and the Brave and the Bold were my two favorites.

It looked like maybe the character designer was a Marilyn Manson fan.

yeah i liked it better than dcau

youtube.com/watch?v=LLLUK5vcymE&t=1s

>Season 1 & 2 > Season 3-5
>Season 1 & 2 Theme >>>>>> Shit >> Season 3-5 Theme

Attached: everything I say is right.png (749x500, 329K)

That's because they're the best 2. I'd put Beyond right below them.

Yo somebody post a thread with the subject title: Modded cartoons

Why can't movies and cartoons do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=L4ZdNfItZoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8tvEFJiJY6g

I ran out of threads to make.

Attached: batman_alternate_colors_by_artistabe_d92el7l-fullview.jpg (400x618, 41K)

I wish the Kabuki Twins migrated over to comic canon as Penguin’s official bodyguards

>There was almost a Hush DTV

Attached: thebatmanhush.jpg (629x1118, 121K)

Would you still want them as barely human acrobats with claw fingers?

Riddler looks like some other guy with a much longer chin who took up the mantle.

Batman vs Dracula was kino

Why don't you do it yourself ?

>Is this one of the best batman series to date?
No, not even close.

It's a mixed bag that mostly shit on because it was the follow up to TAS, and as result is rather underrated.

While the design for The Batman Riddler was questionable, his backstory an origin is one of the better ones.

No, seriously. That Riddler in that image looks like a different Riddler from The Batman's Riddler. The nose is longer too.

I don't know but it is my favorite Batgirl, Batman being more of a dick to her than dick was pretty spot on.

The first episode in Season 3 seemed to show her with a delinquent streak too.

>Delinquent streak
She straight up broke into the office of upper level management for a company and shot him with a water gun filled with.... whatever that was. And her best friend was straight up an eco-terrorist before she became poison ivy. That's a bit more than delinquency frankly.

Well... good point.

Attached: Bad Barbara.png (684x499, 280K)

Yes.

She was pretty good at the Detective work as well seeing as she correctly guessed Bruce Wayne was Batman almost immediately, if it wasn't for convenient amnesia she would have had it confirmed.

It was very action packed, which was a doubledged sword because it'd have even Riddler get into fistfight brawls with Batman.
But year most action of the Batman shows, but maybe least detective.

Yes. I was a kid in the early and mid 2000s so this was my generations batman show, just as spectacular spiderman was my generations spiderman show. Watch em both weeky since they first aired, and currently own every episode of both ( thank you ebay ) anyways my one gripe about the show would be that two face was never in it. Like ethan bennet had a great arc as clayface, but that whole story like should have been about two faces origin. And for that mater, the episode "strange new world" really should have been the introduction of scarecrow. Also hated how the last season was just brave and the bold. Ive always disliked superman compared bats . ( oh batman you saved the day ! " it wasnt easy, i almost died and i had to figure it out " ) (oh superman you saved the day! " yea. Duh. Im superman. Im a fukin god")

That episode where Bruce gets amnesia and stops being Batman?

they were gonna have Manson voice the riddler then he flaked on them like he does all his other projects that arent music or showing up in sons of anarchy

It was early in the season, The Penguin hits him in the head as Bruce or something and kidnaps him, I vaguely recall barbara following the entire time and waiting for Bruce to go Batman

Yeah Superman has such an easy time fighting Darkseid while Batman nearly dies fighting some fat fuck in a top hat and and a guy who likes riddles despite being trained by ninjas and knowing every possible martial art.

It was a nice contrast that he wasn't a martial arts expert and that he needed bodyguards to protect him.

Thanks. It seems pointless considering what she ended up being anyway.

It's the Jackie Chan Adventures designer

It's a shame, because the writing and characterization were otherwise strong. Very underrated.

>DC didn't allow him for a sequel movie
>DC didn't allow him for the season four episode that became Rumors
>DC didn't allow him as one of the main villains in Beware the Batman, replacing him with Deathstroke
>DC finally allows him for shitty cameos in the Arkham games, a cameo in Batman Unlimited, and major appearances in the shitty animated movie and Batwoman series

She barely showed up at all after Season 3, only a few episodes....

Don't even get me started on her dad. They made such a big deal about his appearance, and then by the final season, he only showed once.

the last season fucking sucked, but everything before that was really good

Eh, season four was excellent and season two was pretty good, but seasons one and three were terrible, three more so.

I liked it right up until they just fucking dropped Lt. Yang for loli Batgirl. They spent so much time building up this slow relationship of trust before her and Batman before just tossing her out between seasons
Garbage

This

It's just meant to be stylistic

I personally file it into the BTAS timeline, taking place after Dick leaves as Robin and before he comes back as Nightwing. Them being on the outs, but deep down Dick still seeing Bruce as a second dad, was a nice handwave as to why Batman never showed up.

It always bothered me that Slade didn't step back into the shadows and into a shadow whose eyes narrowed menacingly, with a swap back to Robin who is shocked but then smirks to the sound of a sound beating in the background. They wouldn't even have had to show him if that was an issue.

Attached: 1557799523594.gif (499x289, 352K)

You may very well be right.

Attached: Static Shock Confirms It.gif (360x270, 1.65M)

That scene was clearly talking about the DCAU version of the Titans, not the one from the 2003 series.

>Airdate: January, 2005
Uh, user, hate to break it to you...

Disregard that, I suck cocks. That gif is from Static isn't it?

Yes. The Batman crossover episode "Hard as Nails".

>Is this one of the best batman series to date?
Middling at best. About middle of the pack. It'll always be looking up to the BTAS-TNBA-BB and BATB's of the world. I'd put it above Beware but mostly because it was so short lived. It was a show that often times wasn't sure what worked and would just abandon things on a whim. For instance when Gordon arrived and they forced Batgirl to be a tag-a-long (a not very believable one at that) at the expense of the fine dynamic that was brewing with Bats and the asian detective. Some of the designs were a miss for me as well. And some of the VAs didn't feel right. Also didn't like the reduction of a lot of the villains and that too many of them knew kung fu. The action was decent and some storylines were neat, like the clayface one. Didn't outright love it but it was more than watchable. It was fine.

>i liked it better than dcau
This