ITT: Bad canon ships

I have no idea why writers are still pushing this shit. The two had next to no chemistry and still don't. There's no reason for them to be together either, they don't complement each other at all

So, what are some "official" ships you dislike?

Attached: johnxzat.png (382x423, 299K)

Isn't it just shitty writers imagining themselves fucking Zatanna when they write this?
Since John's a slob it'd make no sense but it still happens, same as why Bruce got aged up when a writer felt threatened by Bruce being younger than him.

Kitty Pryde, period. How many guys named Peter does she know that she hasn't been with?

>Isn't it just shitty writers imagining themselves fucking Zatanna when they write this?
John is nowhere near as self-insert-y as Bats

because Johns is the purest SELF INSERT in comics and the writers want to imagine themselves banging Zantanna.
he's basically a better written version of that red headed creep that married Donna Troy

John is nowhere near a self-insert, he has a pretty distinct personality and appearance that's hard to imagine yourself having.

I really don't like Superman x Wonder Woman
An Amazon shouldnt be the weaker one in a relationship

For kitty it's either colossus or Doug Ramsey or bust

Colossus is too good for her, Magik was right on throwing a wench in that marriage

Now Cypher is also a little prick that could fit well with Ms. Pryde

Attached: 1F248F1E-DC0E-4646-9A76-65249ED65176.jpg (500x371, 36K)

Attached: 241300AD-E803-428D-9E7E-43D6DD4BA6B8.jpg (1401x2128, 585K)

Kora and Adventure Time.

Their you go.

I find it hypocritical for batman to be fucking with criminals but he kicks some guys in the nuts for doing the same thing.

Attached: 4ab3b9bb6a295829a0b4706fb30e5b63.jpg (500x449, 50K)

they should have just given him his own original love interest. Not Peter's sloppy seconds.

Attached: rj_k7k1S.jpg (927x927, 228K)

Well thank god it’s not canon anymore

You mean Norman's.

It isn't canon yet, and she isn't Peter sloppy seconds.

Batman x Wonder Woman > Batman x Catwoman

Attached: 7BFAA420-0D51-4150-A70E-43EA9BD2B891.jpg (1380x486, 210K)

she doesn't deserve him
he's a prince n every way

They're both shit.

616 Kitty? Probably Spider-Man and Quicksilver, does she know Trapster AKA Paste-Pot-Pete?

KorraAsami.jpg

I think John and Zee are most interesting as exes. Zatanna’s reckless and not the best at making good decisions, but she’s definitely not the sort to ever go back to a bad relationship like John Constantine. I legitimately do not understand why they’re being depicted as ‘on again off again’ now, when John is...John.

However, having them as exes that still have to work together is an interesting dynamic. And writers can always have them hatefuck if they’re trapped together and they think they’re definitely gonna die. And then someone saves them and is like “what did you two do and why won’t you look at each other?”

>And writers can always have them hatefuck if they’re trapped together and they think they’re definitely gonna die. And then someone saves them and is like “what did you two do and why won’t you look at each other?”
Grow the fuck up.

I’m sorry to have upset you.

Agreed

Attached: E1435E5C-83B4-4960-988B-B3263833F9F1.jpg (1094x911, 206K)

lol

>he has a pretty distinct personality and appearance that's hard to imagine yourself having
>implying

Attached: tumblr_nmjk3sbJoK1qk8osjo2_1280.jpg (800x568, 43K)

Attached: tumblr_nmjk3sbJoK1qk8osjo1_1280.jpg (800x568, 40K)

Attached: tumblr_nmjk3sbJoK1qk8osjo3_1280.jpg (800x852, 59K)

sam/tucker had more chemistry

That it’s more shit that BxC? Definitely. Both are pretty shit.

Whats wrong with bat x cat?

Catwoman is a bit of a cunt but its his on ly ship that makes the most sense

Attached: cover-of-batman-50-illustrated-by-mikel-janin[1].jpg (1300x648, 134K)

I blame King

my man

What user? Do you mean you DON't like shitty autistic robotic dialogue?

Don't like batman being made to be a pathetic child so catwomen can look better than him?

BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT

ITS GREAT

Clearly you haven't read the ennis run

>Diametrically opposed, yet similar enough to work
>cat is the only criminal batman gives leway
>Similar absence of parents with tragic youths
>both dont kill and fight crime
>can keep up in combat without one upstaging the other

Its perfect, haters.

Attached: catwoman-saves-batman-rebirth-2[1].jpg (992x1525, 1.37M)

Kamala and Bruno. Shitty relationship, Bruno's a pretty terrible character and neither of them have anything approaching chemistry with one another. Kamala/Sam and Kamala/Miles are both shit too though.

I think i accidentally became a shipfag. I know the ship isn't great but it makes me happy to see them together and it makes me irrationally upset when i see the character romantically involved with other people.

is it too late for me?

Theres a worse ship in that comic and its abby/swamp thing. I hate abby. I hatehatehate her

Welcome to the world of shipping, user.

It's already too late for you.

BatCat is adorable, I thought it was pretty well-liked

Wonderbat is pure patrician choice.

>Catwoman is a bit of a cunt but its his on ly ship that makes the most sense
Most sense how? She's an amoral and selfish criminal that constantly betrays his trust and sometimes backstab him in the back at the worst of moments.
The relationship only exist to drag Batman down as a character in order to prop Catwoman into relevancy.

At this point i'll take even Batman being gay or something than anymore of this drama.

Batman is a selfless vigilante, Catwoman a selfish thief.
Catwoman being the only criminal Batman turns a blind-eye because of her pussy game makes Batman look terrible.
Catwoman wasn't an orphan originally, but a bored socialite looking for adventure. That came later when writers felt the need to push the pairing harder.
Catwoman has killed before. Like when she killed Black Mask. Of course Batman turned a blind eye to that because the pairing needed to be pushed, after all.
Catwoman shouldn't be as skilled as Batman. She's supposed to be a cat-burglar. Not some master martial artist. Not to mention that Catwoman is constantly shown upstaging Batman, because of course Catwoman has to be propped up.

Just... terrible.

Attached: shiet_pairing_yo.jpg (750x551, 80K)

>not apritello
shit taste

I'd say it depends on the version. Casey is barely a character in the 80s show so obviously it doesn't make sense there. In 2003 they stepped up his role and their romance was actually kind of charming. 2012 was just terrible at romance in every conceivable way because the minute you involve love triangles everything goes to shit.

Does anyone else like John better as a working class schlub than some kind of Lothario?

It makes total fucking sense. Zatanna's the one person who John probably can't get killed. And she's so OP she can reel him in whenever she needs to, probably literally sometimes. And consider Books of Magic. John saves Zatanna and Tim Hunter from a horde of demons just by giving them a half empty threat. They're both powerful as fuck in their own ways. John is turned on by Zee's power and actually into her and is able to trust and confide in her to help him out. Zee is turned on by John's sheer lack of giving a fuck and his skill in magic. They're the yin to eachothers' yang, John's sleaziness is offset by Zatanna's heroism. Of course Zatanna/Constantine is really only viable in a shared universe because of believability and because their themes clash so heavily.

Nah. It’s shit.

Shitting on ‘03 April and Casey relationship
Olay i get 2012 version, but now you’re just being a bitch.

Attached: 974A5FC4-653F-400F-A12E-D62D4DE70707.jpg (236x240, 16K)

They have a femdom/sub relationship.

John Constantine helped killed her father, constantly cheated on her, and whenever he comes begging for her help he's out to use of for some selfish gambit. There's no benefit for Zatanna, only John. Zatanna usually play the role of the bitter ex that gets all weak in the knees with any soft words.

Why do people use kitty pryde she fucking sucks

Why seethe so hard, user?

She was a lot of writers' waifu when they were growing up.

What's kind of funny is that he was introduced as a kind of lothario, and that never really changed. In that story in the OP, one of the magicians comments on his class status, but he then he lies to get accepted.
A later issue of Swamp Thing (by Veitch) implies that he fucked Donna Troy too, but there's a big chance that he was lying to piss off the guy he was talking to.
Then in Hellblazer, we see him pretty much always fucking. The full chronology of OG John Constantine published earlier this year has a bunch of entries like
>and then John fucked X, which means he was cheating on Y
over and over again.

this post is peak incel

Rogue/Magneto
Scott/Jean (Emma is better)
Kitty/Colossus (Fuck 616 Kitty. Best Kitty relationship was with Ultimate Peter Parker, fight me)
Bat/Cat
Bat/Talia
I honestly don't know who Batman matches up with best. Maybe gay with Bane at this rate.
Wolverine/Storm
Jean/Bishop (is that over yet?)
Bishop with ANYONE
Thanos/Death (never bought it, sorry)
Deadpool/MotherOfDeadpool'sBlackChild (is that still a thing or has it been retconned?)
Peter/Gwen (seriously, get the fuck over it for fucks sake) But RIP Spider-Man Life Story Ben/Gwen. Cloned together, made to be together.
Miles/Spider-Gwen. About as weird as Anakin/Padme. Miles just gets Peter's sloppy seconds in almost every respect.

Can we rephrase OP's question to:

What are some "official" ships that you LIKE?
Because I feel like that'd be a much shorter list.

Attached: 1376889847056.gif (500x375, 495K)

>ship you hate is homosexual and you get called a homophobe for hating it

Every time

One side, bozos. Got a real example coming through.

Attached: Marv Wolfman.jpg (307x613, 65K)

Roy and Donna is pretty bad for most of their pairing's history too

Lets not forget that he fucked and impregnated Abby, Swamp Thing's waifu, so Swampy could conceive a child through Constantine's seed or something.

Roy and Donna's actually worse than whatever happened with Terry.

This guy gets it.

>A later issue of Swamp Thing (by Veitch) implies that he fucked Donna Troy too, but there's a big chance that he was lying to piss off the guy he was talking to.

Attached: 17.jpg (1280x1966, 939K)

>that shit eating grin

Attached: 18.jpg (1280x1966, 966K)

Selina should be faster and more agile than him. In their fights, it should be about her outmaneuvering him and evading him, not fighting him hand-to-hand like Lady Shiva.

Really no one's posted this yet?

Hell every canon pairing in Ben 10 was pretty shit tho.

Ben x Kai
Gwen x Kevin
Max x Verdona
Charmcaster x Darkstar
Rook x Whoever his girlfriend's name is

All of them were shit

Attached: 6483c46b-08ee-4c53-9448-2b3cac6a6c9b-1.jpg (719x414, 47K)

>Gwen x Kevin

Even as a kid, I still think that was weird.

I thought Kevin x Gwen was fine, seeing as how he earned his redemption and was generally one of the better characters in the series. He had some nice moments with Gwen that more or less justified the ship. I do agree with the rest being godawful though.

Attached: MV5BZDRiZGM0YjctZDU2OS00YWFlLWIyZjMtMWE0YjEzNWIzNTBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODEzNjM5OTQ@._V1_.jpg (768x576, 81K)

Ignore them. Buttmad bwenfags. GwenKevin is the most inoffensive ship.

It fucked with me because gwen allow to Kevin to be a criminal.

>Max x Verdona
could work if they made her one of max's million other one-off alien girlfriends before he settled down with a human woman and retconned the whole "lol nah fuck magic we're actually part alien"
>Gwen x Kevin
unironically I feel like the calarts reboot executed this a lot better than the others.
>he forgot ben x julie
Douche ben just shouldn't date, period.

Attached: 1561951385061.gif (170x170, 1.69M)

It was very poorly done and abrupt though. It only became tolerable a few seasons after they established them.

The foundations for this ship are so goddamned unhealthy and to this day I still don't understand how it managed to survive long enough to be made canon in the revival movie. The whole universe bent over backwards to encourage Helga's psychotic obsession with Arnold, from her THERAPIST actually being okay with it to Arnold's friends basically letting someone who's been nothing but a massive bitch to them for most of their childhood hook up with him.

I haven't seen shit after UA because shit was getting retarded enough.
But the reason KevinxGwen was weird, at least at the beginning was because last time we saw him he was a villain and he blew all chances he was given to be redeemed. Yet they see each other for the first time after that shit and suddenly none of that matters.
Kevin got better after that, but that first impression never left.

Any twist lesbian pairing in the 11th hour its shit by its very nature because you know some writer wanted to push their ship for cheap rep points.

Make the male lead a fag and don't make a joke put of it already, cowards.

Attached: JPEG_20190723_133007.png (282x282, 95K)

Why is it always lesbians though?

because men are evil

Is John a slob uncharismatic Raidou?

Attached: th.jpg (474x1144, 32K)

Hal x Carol.

Just let my man Hal be the pussy slaying playboi that he is and lock John in a marriage/relationship.

Wonder Woman x Steve Trevor will forever be shit. She's better off being a dyke or with Orion.

Wonder Woman x Numbia would be waaaay better.

Attached: 1b29980d79a9b2c4843fb1f1d815d828e88b1a6f_00.jpg (384x512, 53K)

>Hal x Carol.
I kind of agree. I enjoy love crazy Carol as a villain more than an actual love interest.
>Wonder Woman x Steve Trevor
Anything is better than making her a dyke

Also, every story with them is now just "we used to date" angst and at the end Zatanna is pissed and never wants to see John again.

Writers are so garbage when it comes to these two.

How often is BMWW used in stories, elseworlds and whatnot? Most times I seem to remember Superman and Wondy shagging up after they lose their significant other

Orion was DOA, even when portrayed by the one writer pushing it. People only ever liked it if they had a fetish for cucking Superman.

Because its not meant to last anyway. Bartlett wanted them to date for a bit, then she moves away and they stay friends, which is much better than what most fandoms want where your soulmates with someone you went to elementary school forever and ever.

>People only ever liked it if they had a fetish for cucking Superman.
No, people liked that because whatever Wonder Woman was having with Superman in the other books felt contrived, boring, and cringe.

>How often is BMWW used in stories, elseworlds and whatnot?
It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is always cute and interesting.

she was only good under Claremont and Whedon. Otherwise I hate her

I don't believe you. Prove it

Attached: Guy doesn't Believe It.gif (230x155, 1.34M)

Go check one of the best Justice League comics ever published, JLA.

Attached: JLA.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

could we get an example of BMWW being cute

From the same run?

Attached: JLA v06 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v6-122.jpg (1988x3056, 1.55M)

Attached: JLA v06 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v6-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

Attached: JLA v06 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v6-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

hot
maybe this run is worth reading

Attached: JLA v06 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v6-229.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

Attached: JLA v06 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v6-400.jpg (1988x3056, 1.62M)

Attached: JLA v07 (2015) (digital-hd-Empire).cbr-JLA (1997-2006) v7-316.jpg (1988x3056, 1.7M)

There's nothing wrong with thinking two character are good together but this?

>it makes me irrationally upset when i see the character romantically involved with other people

Yeah it's too late. You've fallen into terminal shipfaggotry.

Batman/Catwoman was always popular until King's run because he writes the relationship really fucking badly.

I don't get this dialogue. Is he calling himself beautiful? Weirdo.

Roy and Cheshire is great though. I like that she's an unrepentant piece of shit and he's a hero and they're never going to be husband and wife, they just really, really like fucking each other and also Chesire's love for Lian being one of her only redeeming traits since she's a monster otherwise.

I'd honestly read a well done family comic with the three of them. Like a cape version of SPY x FAMILY.

Swamp Thing x Abby

What the fuck does he see in her?

The one imbecile at marvel that keeps pushing Peter with Mary whore aka Tony Stark's cum bucket.
Thanks for making a record of fastest people dropping the comic you fuckface

This but that's just the tip of the iceberg of everything that's wrong with current Spider

Tails & Mina easily reigns as the most bullshit random AF pairing in Sonic comic history.

Attached: Mile&mina1.jpg (930x822, 646K)

Shit taste. John and Zatanna are one of the best pairings.

Even Constantine and Batman is better.

I never bought Rogue/Magneto. I'm usually never one to bat an eye at oldxyoung pairings but me not having context for their relationship existing just rubs me the wrong way.

I always bought Ororo and Logan just finding something in each other that takes them to bed a few times a night. I seriously doubt that one has anything in them seriously for the other but it feels like Storm is only ever just used by Logan as their relationship never develops or hinges based on their being together.

Kitty leaving Piotr hanging at the altar though. I'd be surprised if he ever spoke to her again.

>Rogue/Magneto

I always forget this exists. I'm admittedly not huge into X-Men or the lore, but I just can't justify this ship in my head.

Well, Batman and Constantine have some chemistry at least. Zatanna just turns off her brain whenever she is with Constantine

It's even worse because Rogue dumped Gambit after learning about the Morlocks massacre, something Gambit wasn't really that responsible for. So after that she goes and jump Magneto's wrinkly balls? The guy that has tried to wipe humanity and kill the X-Men many times?

Davekat.
Quite possibly the worst.
>ruins the two best characters
>comic and fandom devolves into more or less being entirely about their relationship

Batman and John Constantine is a really under-rated duo.

she was dating Joseph, a de-aged magneto with memory issues. and also in context they didn't start dating til they were stranded in the savage land for a while with only each others company

Fuck of Brian

Joseph was a really bad character and the whole Savage Land thing still makes no sense given the wider context.

Nah. Read the rest ofthe pageand hes calling himself ugly and human while Diana is beautiful.

oh yeah, definitely, but it's a little better than Rogue dating full on old man villain magneto though, still bad, just not as bad as it sounds out of context

Its still fucking bad tho. Its still Magneto. And her dunping Gambit over something he wasnt responsible for is stupid as hell.

They really are. Batman is characterized as the uptight and serious, John Constantine as the debauched and detached man. They're both damaged and damned beyond any help, but that doesn't stop them from always looking for a way out. Batman tends to ruin himself further in the process, Constantine tends to ruin others. Despite whatever differences they might have, there's this odd respect and camaraderie between them where they cheer each other about being able to beat the odds.

You're such an anally-devastated incel.

Attached: MeeowwBoop.png (700x1017, 1.1M)

>(Emma is better)
Fuck no.
>(seriously, get the fuck over it for fucks sake)
Never.
>fight me
You've already been beaten by your shit taste.
>Bat/Cat
Like I said...

>he ships Peter/Gwen, Scott/Jean, and Bat/Cat
>wants to call someone on their shitty taste
Top KEK.

Fucking hell, John...

God, Mina was such a nothing character

Kyle NO!!! Don't open that fridge!

Aang and Katara

The entirity Of Avatar had bad canon ships.

user, its fucking Superman. You cant avoid being weaker than the guy that punches gods in the face.

Sokka and Yue
Sokka and Suki
Zuko and Mai

They should've just stayed single.