Top Stuff

what are some of the best ongoing comics right now.

Attached: tgl_cv1_fpo1.jpg (1800x2767, 1.06M)

For me, its:

Gideon Falls
Immortal Hulk
Cates' Venom
The Terrifics

Green Lantern
Hawkman
Shazam
Dial H for Hero
Immortal Hulk
Cates' Venom
Amazing Spider-Man
Hickman's X-Men
Zdarsky's Daredevil

Superman
Action
Batman
Young Justice

Naomi, LoSH, Superman, Levethian

definitely not anything from green lantern, faggot

>LoSH
It hasn’t even came out yet. Terrible bait.

Doom Patrol

Attached: Doom Patrol - Weight of the Worlds 001-024.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

I cant speak on behalf of all the people who read superheros but I can chime in and say I enjoy Kaijumax whenever it gets released. Waiting for next season so I guess next year?

opps. I forgot to add: STRAY FUCKING BULLETS.

Im not trying to jinx this shit but no one ever talks about it and it worries me that it will get cancelled. Im thankfull its still ongoing.

This. Kaijumax is probably the best ongoing comic you can find right now.

>Hickman's X-Men
You know youve got 3 months kid. Then that entire thing is going to sink thanks to those "creative" teams.

Tell me why you don't this current GL run.

I don't care about the others, I'm only following Hickman's shit

Why? And please don’t because you can’t read old silver age comics as they have to many words like the last time you shitpost.

Criminal (buy it you dumb fucks)

Attached: criminal-1_cbb06eccaf.jpg (585x904, 263K)

The Green Lantern
Daredevil
Amazing Spider-Man
Russel's Red Sonja
Jimmy Olsen
Loise Lane
Hickman's X-Men
Gideon Falls
Die
Immortal Hulk
Deathstroke

understandably,and im with you but knowing hickman. this will all culminate into some crossover finale down the line and im worried his issues are going to suffer from that when the important bits are written in the shittier books and youd need to follow along to understand anything or get any emotion from the characters involved.

this. and buy stray bullets plz.

I bought the Uber Alles collection of the original series. It was good but I feel the aimlessness kinda hurt it in the tail-end. Is the new series any better?

HULK.

Attached: 694054._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x554, 55K)

>Gideon Falls
You know, I haven't been seeing storytimes.
How's volume 2?

you have to enjoy the aimlessness. I was looking for a book to fill in the "hole" that Charles Burns BLACKHOLE left me. One of teenagers, sex, drugs, and lollygag. This fit that perfectly. If you didn't love what you already read , this wont change your mind.

Outer Darkness
Dr Strange if you like his classic stuff

I want to read dr. strange but theres something about waid. I don't know why I just don't like him. I think I enjoy stuff where the words are picked carefully like Ellis whos more visual and the stuff ive read from waid (the guys been writing forever) hasn't impressed me. Lots of unnecessary text.

The stuff in Indiecron, I guess. Because I'm still waiting.

This didn't happen with Avengers/Secret Wars (in fact it was better if you ignored the rest of the universe before Secret Wars)

because the other titles were secret war tie-ins. hes taking an overseer role in all the x-titles. this will be a different beast so important things WILL happen in other titles written and drawn by lesser folk.

i don't know i don't read comics

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaah

It fits Strange imo because he’s always been a dramatic guy that likes saying a ton of stuff. Plus, compared to his older stories, the text is downright minimal

But yeah if you don’t like a writer’s style it’s hard to get into books. I found it very hard to get into Robinson’s Starman for example, I just don’t like his prose.

im tempted to try his strange after reading about it ending and it being the end of dr. strange. I just wish someone I liked was writing it

Only one other patrician here? Sad, but at least it's here!

Attached: Deathstroke (2016-) 001-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.99M)

Eh I would just try it, the first issue is the only one that felt very text-heavy to me and that’s because is an intentional throwback. Plus, you can get it for free

Forgot to shill your YJ Bendis ;)

Idk about best but these are my favorite
DC
>Action Comics
>Green Lantern
>Shazam
>Jimmy Olsen
>Superman Year One
Marvel
>Immortal Hulk
>Venom
>Conan the Barbarian
>Fantastic Four
>Silver Surfer Black
>Hickman X-Men
Not Big 2
>Criminal
>Ascender
>Black Hammer
>Ice Cream Man
>Die
>Deadly Class
>Heavy Metal Magazine

Heavy metal magazine. Mah nigga
im hyped for soft wood, I hope its an ongoing

just how big of a retard do you have to be to read comics with monthly issues in 2019

they're unreadable without the full volume

For fucks sake, Softwoof was announced on April 1st (funny, right?) and was supposed to ship at the end of May, then pushed to the end of June, then pushed to the end of July (which is NOW), so maybe this fucker will be end of August. We'll see. Maybe it was an April Fool's joke all along.

Now, if the thing ships, it will probably be an ongoing because I've seen Tim Seeley solicit creators on Twitter to do stories for Softwood. But maybe he's talking about the first and unfinished one. Idk man I just want to read it but it's entering The Seeds territory.

>House of X
>Now: The New Comics Anthology
>Usagi Yojimbo

looking forward to pulling:
>Copra (when it comes to image)
>Fantastic Four: Grand Design
>Hickman's X-men comic
>Powers of X (I expect the quality to be on par with house of x)

I'm not pulling the Green Lantern but from what I read, that was pretty good too.

You clearly only read the mediocre ones. There are good ones which focus on trying to be worthwhile both as a part of an arc and as a standalone issue.

It's pretty clear you don't have your ear to the ground.

its literally scheduled for august 1st so first week of august. I also emailed heavymetal to ask if soft wood would be ongoing and if they will have subscription plan because its cheapest to do subscriptions with them. im awaiting a response as I only msgd them yesterday and its the weekend

it was not an april fools joke. its actually coming and solicitated

>its literally scheduled for august 1st so first week of august
Yeah yeah I'll believe it when it's in my grubby mitts.

DC:
>series multiple issues in that are enjoyable:
Green Lantern
Deathstroke
Shazam
Dial H
Wonder Twins

>1st issues that were pretty good
Batman - Last Knight on Earth
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen

>Recently completed runs
The Wild Storm
Scooby Apocalypse

Marvel
>series multiple issues in that are enjoyable
Immortal Hulk
Venom
>1st issue that was pretty good
House of X
>Series that just wrapped up that was decent
Domino - Hotshots

>ongoing indies
East of West
Black Monday Murders
Gideon Falls (It feels meandery right now, that usual third arc problem where it's like Oh we have cool aesthetics but there's an obvious lapse in the narrative until we figure out where to go from here)
Deadly Class
Die (this comic fucking rules, and it really breaks down the tabletop mechanics the same way Undertale broke down the turn-based RPG mechanics, in that it uses a primarily pathos-based appeal but backs it up with a sense of underlying logic. Plus the essays in the back are sweet and offer great analysis)
Criminal (it's traditional Brubaker/Philips fare, but that's usually good)
Black Hammer
Copra (getting rejiggered/relaunched at image, all the trades being rereleased. Exactly everything I love about 80s comics with semi-modern, stylish updates.Probably the best superhero book on the market right now)
Black Science - Almost finished. Strong sci-fi but the core conceit of the story is about personal growth and being able to change and grow who you are without compromising your values)
>first issues that were cool of indies
Reaver - oddly enough Justin Jordan is playing around with the same RPG-archetypes conceit that Die does, but it doesn't really care about the intellectualist-type deconstruction of it all; rather this a comic more concerned with turning story tropes on their head in a way focused more on badassery and smooth narrative integration. Great reading and great art.
Second Coming - More Mark Russell hyper-stylized satire. Always good.

Young Justice and Action were good. Batman and Superman not.

But two of these are actually good

Stray Bullets

Attached: Borat2.gif (480x260, 1.5M)

young justice is poo poo