Happy tree friends

it’s been a while, how strong is this show going these days?
and if you remember, how surprised were you when you first watched it?

Attached: 022A2860-2021-4733-AABE-B9DEB15D5C73.jpg (1200x1200, 225K)

Bump

you could always contribute to my thread rather than bump it shamefully user

it isn't going

WHERES THE FUCKING MOVIE KENN?

I’m almost certain that a movie would be a 40-90 minute episode of what we’re alrrady used to
only this time all deaths are final, last tree friend standing wins

post flaky

I rremember HTF. Back when people took chances.

It wasnt as good as rab.

>and if you remember, how surprised were you when you first watched it?
Well there were tons of edgy/gory internet cartoons on the internet back in the day so that wasn't really surprising. The production value was above average for the time though.

Watched them all recently, the humor in them is actually really stellar, with some really classic gags being played around the gore, instead of being in spite of it

HTF stopped dead in its tracks thanks to a lack of funding, these days it wouldn’t have even lasted a year in this modern youtube

>these days it wouldn’t have even lasted a year in this modern youtube
not if it gains a lot of attention, the creator could start a patreon and shit out more mini episodes.

>HTF battle royale

I am kinda surprised they have not tried something around this idea when you consider how popular it has gotten over the last years and that there used to be a few parodies in the subject many ages ago before The Hunger Games made the idea mainstream.

The studio that made it has gone downhill in viewer count and profit.

They tried something back in 2017 but it wasn't enough it seems.

i think they've already tried something along those lines before

Attached: flaky.jpg (733x600, 60K)

This shtick isn't really in style anymore. Maybe if it had ended ten years ago there'd be more nostalgia around it but it never really died and now it's a half dead relic from an ancient time in internet history.

Yeah honestly some of the deaths are really creative, not just mindless gore

remember when it was on MTV? those 7 minute episodes were the shit.

Is it true that is has as dedicated Japanese fan base.

Watching it for the first time was quite shocking of course, that was the point. This thing was Newgrounds incarnate, and it died along with the old Internet.

>See the very first episode (Spin Fun Knowin' Ya) air on MTV during a commercial break
>Feel confused as fuck as of why should such a thing be on MTV of all places to begin with
>Instantly ask myself "They are going to die violently aren't they?"
>They do
>mfw

And that is how I got introduced to this show.

Attached: Ebin tree friends.png (468x283, 32K)

>if you remember, how surprised were you when you first watched it?
First ep i watched was the one where the dad takes the baby to the beach and then he accindentally kills him with the rotors from his boat. I was like 9 or 10 years old when I watched that episode as a flash animation in a now defunct flash games website. I remember it scared me to see the baby getting his face torn by the boat's rotors and I had to cover my eyes whenever i saw that scene, now its not necessary because im not afraid anymore. Might be because ive become heavily desensitized to violence thanks to all the death and gore videos i watch regularly, but still. I am fucked up

I found out about it in a similar fashion but even after using besrgore and not being that turned off by real life gore, HTF still makes me sick to my stomach. I cover my eyes during the deaths, I hate seeing the cute animals die. Oddly enough watching real animals die does nothing to me, is that weird?

awww

Surprised Mondo Media hasn't tried to capitalize HTF's popularity at all. It's one of their only IPs that makes heavy duty money.

yes

Popular enough to get merch only available in Japan

Attached: 20181226_105712.jpg (2576x1932, 1.36M)

Attached: 74749403_p0.jpg (800x1000, 266K)

It’s still odd how a gory and merciless series can inspire cutesy animu stuff, not that I’m complaining
Also I wager Petunia to rank higher than Flaky, if just because of my bias from seeing skunks in the neighborhood semi-frequently

I always admired the worker animal, even without his two arms he kept smiling and working as hard as he could.

he can't construct worth shit and gets people killed. h deserves to suffer

I think he built a proper house once or twice for one of the girls, right? I don’t remember how structurally safe they were but at least one of the episodes had most of the accidents occur from the tools left over