Has a fantastic arc in IW

>has a fantastic arc in IW
>a fat drunkard that just bumbles around in EG
I like Endgame more but hoooly shit did they ruin Thor

Attached: 662D078F-43D8-420B-889A-EA395F098F69.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

What would you do?

And now he will become a woman.

Thor at full power would have made Carol irrelevant.

Carol's irrelevant regardless.

In Infinity War he had to almost destroy himself to get enough power to destroy Thanos only to fail at the last second. In Endgame he spiraled into depression because more than anyone else he had a chance to defeat Thanos and save everyone. By the end he realizes that despite his failure and downward spiral he was still worthy and now he's off with the Guardians to figure out how to become the man he used to be again. I'd say he has one of the best arcs in the MCU.

>Entire family dead
>Entire people dead
>See his city destroyed
>Sees himself as responsible for failing to stop Thanos since he was too busy gloating to finish the job

You're right, all of that wouldn't have taken any toll on someone emotionally and led to a breakdown.

>Mother dies
>Father Dies
>Brother dies
>Best friend dies
>Half of all of his people are killed
>Didn't stop thanos when he could've leading to the death of some of his friends and half the universe's population
>Becomes a depressed drunken mess because of this
How exactly is this bad? It makes perfect sense for him to go downhill after so many losses and failures

I don't mind that he started as a drunk Fortnite depressed bro, but I had hoped they'd end it a little more seriously and also basically make him the new Odin of sorts focused on rebuilding and helping his people.

>I needed an immediate Disney ending for the character because I am 11 and a half years old!

Every scene with her in EG was disappointing because other characters could have had more satisfying scenes (Ravagers finding Stark, Nova Corp / Ravagers attacking Thanos' ship, now with upgraded tech to make up for their loss in GotG), Mantis being the 'we got your back girl' focal point as she could actually use protection unlike invincible Laserface. I mean, really, it's like Batman, Green Arrow, and Robin showing up to protect Superman after he decimated half an alien army

I mean, they're putting Thor on a bus anyway now that they're having Jane Thor. At least as an Odin figurehead, he'd be partly relevant still.

Also I want All-Father Thor.

This gets more pathetic as the months wear on. She got less screen-time than Spidey, who was dead 99% of the movie.
Try and save up some of your Incel Power for Captain Marvel 2, you pitiable creature.

Attached: Larson.png (325x546, 448K)

You don't know what they are doing with Thor, you've heard the brief SDCC reveal the same as all of us.

>gimme purple guy lol xD
Nice one. Thor doesn't have arcs since thor 3 when he was retconned into being braindead clown.

>>a fat drunkard that just bumbles around in EG
But that's false.

And good riddance. The movie would've been much better if they forgot she existed.

I mean more irrelevant, Thor could have saved Tony with a Bifrost faster than Carol could fly them back to Earth, and he could use lightning to take out Thanos' ship.

Don't forget a Hulk/Thanos rematch would have been better as well.

How would they even do that anyway? The hammer's gone, and Thor took Stormbringer into space with him, where's she going to get it in the first place? The only way it's possible is if it's some alternate universe thing.

I don't think Thor just flies around in deep space with the ability to pick up distress signals.

I also don't think a LESS aggressive Hulk with an injury would have done any better than the first time.

EG is the second best iteration of the character, and one is the few good things about the movie

That's the sort of question we don't know the answer to. Stormbreaker doesn't even have a worthiness enchantment, nor does it bequeath "The Power of Thor".

He doesn't need to, he could open the Bifrost from Earth and just teleport the entire ship.

> a LESS aggressive Hulk with an injury
But much smarter.

Smart Hulk is weak Hulk

He has to know where he's taking the Bifrost to.
Can the Bifrost even do anything beyond connecting the nine realms? I highly doubt MCU Thor has a "teleport anywhere at any time" power.

>But much smarter
He doesn't have time to build anything tricky, user.

The ONLY way I can see it sort of working is in one of the three other timelines Jane somehow metabolizes the reality stone or some shit, and it makes her as powerful as an Asgardian, and she picks up the hammer to fight Malekith after Thor falls.

Well, that's certainly a theory. Or maybe Jane and Selvig figure you how Asgardians "work".
Who knows?

>I highly doubt MCU Thor has a "teleport anywhere at any time" power.
He teleported from the forge star thing, that's just a place out in space seeing as how the Guardian's pod ship got there no problem.

>He doesn't have time to build anything tricky, user.
He doesn't have to, since it's not a brawl, it's a fight over the stones. All he needs is one and he'd have a way to end Thanos easily, and Thanos has to keep them away from him. Which is...exactly what happened between him and Carol.

Could also be part of a ruse by alt-Loki or Amora or some similar figure, the movie has no announced villain as of yet.

>He teleported from the forge star thing, that's just a place out in space
That's Svartalfheim, specifically one of the Nine Realms, you ninny.

>multi-faction spaceships battles are less interesting than Laserface one-shotting the mothership
Ok

Cry more nazi. We runnin dis.

Why are the lightning effects so dumb in this?

Needs more lens flare for you?

It was everyone’s low point.
He’ll be back to normal in no time.

....he's becoming a woman

that's not how it works tard

Some faggots are saying Jane will find a tiny scrap of Mjolnir and magically become Whor with the full hammer.

Natalie Portman is playing dress up.
Helmsworth is doing a crossover with GotG.

He’s fine.

Actually, his arc in IW was just a fetch quest with a bullshit, "impossible" fantasy feat in it.
You just like it because it sucked his dick real hard.

I understand him failing to stop Thanos fucked him up pretty bad but I feel like he just didn't get his moment of redemption in Endgame where he was able to overcome his inner turmoil of feeling like a failure.

his mom told him to nut up or shut up

That just means he's gonna get an axe and go around shirtless for a bit

Did you not see the Asgard scene?

>quest with a bullshit, "impossible" fantasy feat in it.
Yeah, who could have imagined that a god's quest with his talking raccoon companion to have a magical super-weapon built could involve impossible magical feats.

It certainly lacked for gritty realism.

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

She's gonna become even more irrelevant with the Eternals and the Fantastic 4 coming.

How irrelevant does she need to be before you stop posting about her constantly?
Because she seems pretty relevant to your interests.

As mentioned. Also his arc still isn't over yet. He still has more to come and I think the idea of making him still have to work some things out is good. He was depressed as fuck for 5 years that shit takes time to heal.

needs less MSpaint quality and blue saturation

Attached: 1564103679161.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

No one does "realistic" movie lightning.
Because it generates so much light that it would wash out the entire scene and blind everyone in the darkened theater.
Don't let comic book/cartoon/movie lightning distress you.

Better?

Attached: 1513905033370.webm (720x400, 2.34M)

I'm getting REALLY fucking tired of Thor giving up his throne every movie. Asgardians should just tell him to fuck off

>being mad that Thor becomes more Norse Myth accurate
His hair/beard are amazing in Endgame and the gut just makes him feel more vikingish

Oh look another thread crying about Fat Thor

doesn't mean it can't look better

>Nova Corp / Ravagers attacking Thanos' ship
Why does everyone keep asking for this when the same team-up completely failed against Ronan's ship.

What, the extended joke scene?

>I like Endgame more but hoooly shit did they ruin Thor
no they didnt

there's no lightning in this scene

Fuck the norse myth. This is supposed to be more like the COMICS, comics by Jack fucking Kirby.

>Making him a fat boomer
I know it's to show more of his depresion, but
>becomes the butt of jokes
>get slapped for laughs when having a panic attack
Reminder that when it's Iron Man, you get half a movie of that treated seriously
>never got a redemption scene
>all of his arc is learning the responsibility and duty to be a good king
Gives the throne to a woman that never cared for her own people for >1500 years (it's muh diversity, actually)
They did 1 good thing with him in Endgame and shat all over him about the rest

They had to make him unworthy so Natalie Portman can have yet another chance to pretend she has one iota of a suggestion of a personality in a genre movie its clear she couldn't care less about.

What an awful movie.

>I'm going to block his breath with my axe!
This is so clearly one of 300 stock blocking animations they had the actor pose for in front of a green screen that got stitched into an absolute Frankenstein's monster of a fight scene.

>Reminder that when it's Iron Man, you get half a movie of that treated seriously
But iron Man 3 was kinda dumb

didn't he do that in the myths too?

>But iron Man 3 was kinda dumb
Also worse than Iron Man 2.
Seriously. I can't wrap my head around why people hate Iron Man 2 so much but love Iron Man 3 so much. I really do not get it at all.

Yes, but the panic attack scene was one of the few decent parts, and became more relevant later on

People like Iron man 3?

I'm ok with it. I like the original by far, but the sequels have their moments. RDjr is easy to watch onscreen, always has been.

I know this will upset you, so brace yourself; people all over the world are constantly liking things. They are probably liking things RIGHT NOW!

Attached: 1370319180130.gif (426x240, 2.64M)

I don't believe you

I'm ok with that, very confused by their taste, but still ok with that.
Narcissistic midget with a god complex got old for me pretty fast, but that might be overexposure.
Iron Man 1 is still goddamn amazing.

You think someone would do that? Just go and lie on the Internet?

Can we all agree that MCU Stormbreaker is trash and Bill's legendary weapon is far better

Attached: Beta Ray Bill.jpg (1216x900, 300K)

But he isn't unworthy. That was very clearly shown in Endgame. Imagine wanting to be a victim this badly.

>but he isn't unworthy
Oh but he will, Sweetie
Cope and have sex

> we're getting jane thor instead of sif of best boy bill
it still hurts lads

Attached: 1497972597258.jpg (862x960, 95K)

Seriously, it's crazy how it still stands head and shoulders above the other MCU movies

At this point I'm glad. I don't want that kiwi fuck to touch Bill

MCU Stormbreaker is just ultimate Thor's hammer with a different name.

=3

This is my fetish

IW ruined him too though. Rolled back every single development he had in Ragnarok.

You think THOR got shafted? It sucks how they did him, sure, but at least he didn't get totally and completely emasculated and cucked like Quill. Watching those movies, I was a little struck by just how much the Russos seem to hate him; not sure if it's the character or Pratt they don't like, but that was borderline character assassination.

>if it's the character or Pratt they don't like
He's a white, Christian man in (((Hollywood)))

The Russos are midwestern guidos, though.

Yea, midwestern guidos who want to keep working.

>Implying they are whose take the decisions

Nice digits, but were you having a stroke while writing this?

Actually yes

Hell, that what we know was revealed at a convention instead of being saved for the movie tells you how key it is *to* the movie.

They didn't show Hulk putting on an IM-Infinity Gauntlet in the Endgame trailer. The didn't show or hint at time travel. They didn't even reveal fat-Thor. Good stuff is saved for the movie.

But they reveal that Jane Foster will become Thor... not saved for the movie or for trailers right before its release, but at a convention over a year before the movie releases?

This isn't a reveal. Its *bait*. It gets people worked up who have zero interest in seeing a Thor movie will now go buy two tickets to "stick it to the patriarchy".

Because Thor has spent the entire fucking MCU following this arc over and over and over.

It's better than 2 which basically doesn't even have plot once Tony makes the new reactor

Which I've read, and you haven't

Thor and Rocket could have Bifrosted back to Nidavellir, gotten the pod and tracked Tony down via the trackers Rocket has doubtlessly planted on it. Captain Bland was unnecessary.

My problem isn't Thor spiraling into depression its becoming a fat retard playing fortnite in his friend's basement.

Half the universe got wiped out but for some reason everyone acts like they're in a Judd Apatow movie.

>Don't forget a Hulk/Thanos rematch would have been better as well.
It would have been awesome for Banner Hulk to initiate the fight and just rely on his brute strength to make up for his lack of skill, and as the fight went on we see him getting angrier and angrier until the actual Hulk resurfaces and starts evening the odds with Thanos now that he knows what to expect

Because of this. Also, it's the excuse they're gonna use for Portaman Thor.

The fucking nerve...

Full power Thor was fucked beyond belief by Thanos

True that

Was he? He put an axe right into his chest, when he had the fully-stoned gauntlet.

why didnt he do that when thanos fucked his ship and killed his people wasnt he at full power back then?

Ragnarok was bad though, so that's good. IW is the only good Thor movie.

Thor dresses up as Freya and pretends to be a bride to kill a giant.

>Ragnarok was bad though
>Thor finally has a good character development
>Hela is a nice (and sexy!) villain
>good point about Asgard's origins
>fight scenes are good
>dat Led Zeppelin scene
I won't say it's shit, it definitely has good things, the shitty jokes and Valkyrie are absolute cringe, tho

Which was what? Turns out I'm the God of Hammers after all?

He had no axe? Punches, even augmented with lightning, can only get you so far. Look at how Hulk fared that way. Thor probably lost in a similar way.

Even fat Thor fared better than early IW full power Thor because he had both an axe and an enchanted hammer.

user, Thanos wiped the floor with the Hulk at that point. It's the whole reason Thor went to Nidavellir in the first place.

I know right how many times does he need to be "humbled", after what happened in IW that should have been enough

They could have gave him some nobility in his suffering, perhaps locking himself away in cave near new asgard or something

was he at full power or not?

I wonder if it was intentional to ease people into female Thor. Speaking of which, how is that going to work in the MCU when Chris Hemsworth Thor still exists?

You know as much as we do at this point.

Fuck you

He's theoretically maintained his physique for thousands of years and a few years of Earth food completely destroyed his gut. Amazing.

That was Loki.

DAILY REMINDER:

KEVIN FEIGE DOES NOTHING WRONG

hahah

Attached: TFW.png (449x401, 490K)

It's about humility. He learned compassion first, then he learned he needed to right wrongs second, he learned to be a leader finally in the third, only to lose despite his evolution. He did everything right but still lost.

he doesn't even block with the broadside of the axe, the way that theoretically might actually do something to like protect his face, what the fuck

This. Bill is still pure and not tainted by MCU autism. Imagine the causal memes around Thorse