What are some Yea Forums related media is in the public domain and can be used freely?

What are some Yea Forums related media is in the public domain and can be used freely?

Attached: WhizComicsNo02.jpg (1128x1600, 980K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Human_Torch
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Sub-Mariner
youtube.com/watch?v=2VV0UwQzR-E
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Fox)
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Charlton_I)
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Charlton_II)
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Captain Marvel stuff is partially public domain, that issue is (so that puts Billy, Captain Marvel, and Sivana's first appearances as PD) but then #3-6 aren't PD which means Beautia's first appearance isn't PD yet. And then that raises some other questions about which PD issues can be used and which ones you have to be careful about.

pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes has more.

pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Human_Torch
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Sub-Mariner

So far you'd only be able to use whatever was in Marvel Comics #1 (assuming it's true that one comic never got copyright renewed).

How dose it work? Can I use them in my stories or designs without credit?

Yes but you can't put them on the cover or use the characters to promote the work because DC still has trademark on the characters. Also you can only use the details of the character that are in the public domain.
Here's a good video on it
youtube.com/watch?v=2VV0UwQzR-E
For any more information, ask a lawyer.

You might be able to use them in a story but your story can't be titled "Captain Marvel" or "Shazam".

Golden Arrow?

As far as we know, the Golden Age Blue Beetle is public domain:
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Fox)

But the surprising part is that both Charlton Silver Age Blue Beetles might be PD too:
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Charlton_I)
pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(Charlton_II)

But only up to a point though. I think there's one Ted Kord Ditko story that may or may not be (it was published in a fanzine) and then there was a Beetle/Question team-up that was published by Charlton in the 80's that had proper copyright.

Almost none.

"Public domain" means "technically no corporation owns this, but if you use it you're still getting sued by Disney anyway (even if they never owned it)".

kek

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Stardust

Also Fantomah

Your mother

Copyright law is a mess of confusing bullshit that deserves to be abolished or severely curtailed. It damages our culture and causes companies to leverage their artificial monopolies in unintuitive and totalitarian ways.

THOR

kek

isn't he Yea Forums?

And you'd be hard pressed to sell them commercially. You're better off looking at some lesser people. Or combining lesser people.

bump

anyone have an obscure one

pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight