Why is Ice Age 1 so much better than the rest of the Ice Age movies?

Why is Ice Age 1 so much better than the rest of the Ice Age movies?

Attached: file.png (1280x688, 664K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eszkiL3VOYU?t=64
youtu.be/HUEu4r3cW8U
youtu.be/SsjJ1WWrV20
outrightgames.com/iceagescrat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know, it has a better balance between comedy and a serious story; Animals trying to survive.
youtu.be/eszkiL3VOYU?t=64

I saw Denis Leary on some talk show years back and he referred to Ice Age 4 as Paycheck 4.

cast isn't bloated to fuck
shenagigans are silly but reasonable
story is concise and heartfelt

A little more grounded as well. Series gradually became more and more extravagant as it went on.

what I meant by shenanigans are reasonable. Yeah they have ice slides and volcano eruptions lifting mammoths but its all pretty grounded
shit just gets weirder and weirder from then on
I still think 3 might tie for my favorite just because dino milf

Ice Age 3 is one of a better Ice Age Sequel.

Doesn't help that the extra characters? They were ANNOYING.

I mean think about it, Kung Fu Panda. You got Po. You got the Furious Five, Po's father, and Shifu as general consistent characters in all the films. But can you say they're annoying pieces of shit like Queen Latifa or Crash and Eddie? No.

And I find Queen Latifa even worse than Crash and Eddie. God I hate that untalented woman getting spammed everywhere during those years and her character is just a mixture of frustrating and dumb, some mammoth that thinks she's a rodent or some retarded shit like that? Even for a cartoon that's dumb and I hated how her involvement attracted worse characters like Manny's rebellious teen daughter who no one cares about and of course who can forget her boyfriend who no one cares about. And then we have other annoying characters like Sid's grandmother. It's just a group of very annoying unlikable aggravating characters that were getting added to the group.

Didn't even bother to watch 5 but doesn't the other weird small mammal thing that had the hots for Manny's daughter just vanish after 4 and suddenly there's an entirely new mammoth character that SHE'S with?
It's a clusterfuck

The Burger King toys for it were awesome.

They all attached to each other into a Mouse Trap-esque Rube Goldberg device.

Attached: s509710972225922630_p45_i1_w380.jpg (380x546, 32K)

The fisrt Ice Age never got the hype that Blue Sky's other movies did

it's a shame, because it's arguably their best work

Yeah they dropped him. To be fair he was a bad character because his deal was being of a different species entirely and as such that doesn't work at all. I imagine that they also got rid of him because no one cared about him.

In fact Manny called the dude "wiener" even though that's insulting. And Manny kept doing it even after "wiener" saved his life from the pirates making Manny looking like a complete ungrateful bastard.

The only worthwhile characters added to the fifth film were the Scratazons. Though Scrat killed them off.

Oh well, there's the new incoming game later in the fall so we'll see the Scratazons again hopefully.

Blue Sky is the red headed step child of mass market animation studios

what is Disney going to do with Blue Sky Studios?

Now that Disney owns Ice Age, any chance of an Ice Age world?

What even is Ray Romano's career?

I still like them MUCH better than shit like Illumination. I wish Illumination would go out of business and die.

is it because of the infamous Grinch movie?

>Scratazons
the what?

4 wasn't even as off the wall crazy as 5 looked with fucking asteroids n shit. like, it was just dull as shit. having a hedgehog looking ass pussywhipped nigga trying to fuck a mammoth be the high water mark for oddness isn't a good sign. Peter Dinklage was okay though

It's their Despicable franchise. I hate the minions for being very annoying shitty characters who retarded normies worship. I hate how the concept of Despicable could have been neat, but it was immediately ruined by those stupid little girls who just want to get adopted and of course the villain changes his way to become a good father figure. It's just saccharine bullshit and then the forced love interest during the shit sequel and then the long lost brother. Just a bunch of shitty ideas and I cannot believe how profitable this garbage film series is.

Female aliens that look like Scrat

Blue Sky should just make Scrat stuff, like shorts, half-hour specials or even a movie (he deserves it more than the Minions)

The minions are shit, but the Lorax is just inexcusable
My nearly infinite complains about the movie itself aside, the absolute fucking gall of those niggers to pull that "Lorax approved!" jewry for fucking car commercials

g-good lord

Bee Movie memes >>> Lorax memes

Based. I liked him in Demolition Man.

oh come on jannies

I don't remember much of anything about the second one, but this sequence was pretty tight.
youtu.be/HUEu4r3cW8U

I don't know. The Peanuts Movie was good. I might put that on top.

No franchise should have more than 3 movies.

oh shit I forgot that was by them. yeah that's probably their best

and I don't remember Horton Hears A Who! being too bad

oh and Robots was decent

I guess they do have a few good movies under their belt

Those 2 movies sucked too and what did that other poster get banned for anyway?

They actually put effort into it

dunno

apparently space squirrels are a supreme no-no

Ice Age 1: Hey, here's a cool movie idea

Sequels: Hey, he's an easy way to get money

Why is Land Before Time so much better than all of its sequels?

>implying
EGGS

Based and eggpilled
youtu.be/SsjJ1WWrV20

Original Land Before Time has better animation and a better story and characters

that said, the first 5 or so sequels were still pretty good by direct-to-video standards

speaking of, it's so good to have HD versions of them

Attached: The.Land.Before.Time.II.The.Great.Valley.Adventure.1994.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H264-SiGMA.mkv_snaps (1440x1080, 3.59M)

My Scrat Movie idea

>Scrat is finally able to bury his acorn
>When he overhears two cenozoic animals talking about a giant acorn
>Scrat goes on an epic quest to find it
>He unknowingly gets caught up in other cenozoic animals' schemes

The first movie, all the world was fucked and awful
Those early sequels really emphasized how awful the Mysterious Beyond is because you had the valley as a comfy baseline for each installment. There was real dread to the prospect of having to venture there or worse something from behind finding its way into the valley that I could appreciate

Because it wasn't dumb. Of course something like
>These prehistoric animals taking care of human baby
is absolutely ridiculous, but that was the ceiling of how ridiculous the first movie got and so they tried their hardest to make it work and it paid off, it ended up heartfelt and something that you end up buying into. The danger to main characters were primarily other animals and environment.

The second movie immediately ups the ante tenfold by implying main characters not only survived the ice age, but also now they are in an apocalypse movie. THESE ANIMALS SHOULD BE FUCKING DEAD

This, every movie after the first is centered on some Ever more ridiculous external force about to kill them all. You stop giving a shit more and more with each, and so do the movies so they compensate with more filler characters and subplots

Yeah. I mean, to an extent the later movies still make the Mysterious Beyond dangerous, but it's not the same sense of danger. I definitely appreciate that sense of dread of having to go into the mysterious beyond too.

Attached: The.Land.Before.Time.III.The.Time.of.The.Great.Giving.1995.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP2.0.x264-ABM.mkv_sna (1920x1080, 3.9M)

Same as with Hoodwinked: they knew they couldn't compete with the big boys in terms of visuals so they cast all their points into humor and story. Success made them fat and complacent.

Yeah, looking back on Hoodwinked, I'm shocked they were able to put a movie that looks like that in theaters. I'm not saying it looks like Food Fight, but it's a hell of a lot closer to that than it is to Pixar.

Tell that to James Bond, some of his best films are well after the third one.

Even Chicken Little had a theatrical release.

>$110m on a budget of less than $8m
I'm shocked it took them six years to release a sequel.
>mfw $16m on a $30m budget

Attached: foof.png (356x419, 189K)

Have you seen the sequel? It's atrocious.
They should have used that money to create new CGI for the first movie.

Hoodwinked was fine but they fucked up by taking the movie seriously enough to develop a bad sequel.

Why not just throw more money into Scrat? He was clearly the mascot of the films, everyone loved that little squirrel.

Attached: Scratazons.png (1000x650, 791K)

He IS getting his own game with the Scratazons:

outrightgames.com/iceagescrat

being likable and not too ethnic

Because it had soul
It felt like an actual movie than just a generic cash grab. The aesthetics and the world were just better than they were in the other movies, and the cast and premise was small and concise as opposed to the bloated dogshit it became later on.
Though to be honest, I don't mind, and actually like Ice Age 2, and to some extent 3. If it was just a trilogy, I'd be more forgiving for how the series turned out. But it wasn't

The original directors didn't return for the sequel. Even Warburton pretty much admitted it was shittier than the original.