Artists
>Greg Capullo
>Jim Aparo
>Neal Adams
>Norm Breyfogle
>Kelley Jones

Attached: file.png (600x300, 356K)

I liked this

Attached: Batman The Dark Prince Charming.jpg (1985x3056, 1.48M)

Wasn't for me desu

Writers
>Miller
>Morrison
>Starlin
>O'Neill
>Weirdly, Snyder

Artists
>Adams
>Aparo
>Fabok
>Capullo
>Frank

Attached: Batman - The Goddamn Batman.jpg (221x228, 17K)

Snyder has a special place in my heart desu. The first comic I regularly picked up. Although looking back it was ok overall. 1st 2 arcs were the best. Zero Year dragged. Endgame was eh. Superheavy was dumb. Snyder, and most writers desu need to realize that unless you're writing something like Nextwave, big dumb action is boring

New 52 Batman never had the best writing. That was all carried by Capullo. Snyder's best Batman writing came before during his Tec run (Black Mirror) which is fantastic (and also has incredible art). Snyder only works with the best artist so sometimes it's hard to evaluate how much you like the comic for him.

That's true. And desu I remember thinking the art got worse as it went. (Mostly the coloring) So you might have a point

(Specify that I'm talking about Bruce. If we were talking about Dick, Snyder would be on the top of the list)
Writers:
Tom King
Frank Miller
Paul Dini
Chuck Dixon
James Tynion IV

Artists:
David Mazzuchelli/Lee Weeks/Jorge Fornes (I feel like listing all three of these is cheating, but they're all amazing, and Mazz only did the one story)
Dustin Nguyen
Jason Fabok
Alvaro Martinez
Carlo Pagulayan

Writers
>Morrison
>Miller
>Milligan
>Lapham
>Templeton
Artists
>Miller
>Sale
>Neal Adams
>Marshall Rogers
>Capullo

>Tom King
You're fucking with me.
>Chuck Dixon
>James Tynion IV
Now i know you're fucking with me.

Writers
>Alan Grant
>Denny O'Neil
>Bill Finger (Golden Age shit was goat)
>Grant Morrison
>Frank Miller (mostly for Year One)

Artists
>Norm Breyfogle
>Neal Adams
>Mike Mignola
>Greg Capullo
>Dave Mazzuchuli
>Darwyn Cooke
>Jim Aparo
Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle's run on Batman and Detective Comics were fantastic and some of the best Batman material ever made.

Attached: 622773.jpg (600x931, 176K)

>Lee Weeks
This guy has been impressing me

Nope. They write my favorite Batman.

I wish he were faster, but his stuff is really good.

Tom King write Batman so badly i feel he hates the character and is out to destroy him. How can you like it? Dixon and Tynion only ever wrote Bruce being the bad guy to be shit on by the Bat-Family.
The fuck is wrong with you?

I re-read Batman Year One today, on the original paper with original colors, and man. I still think it's the best comic I've ever read. The Absolute edition has the letters as well, and it's hilarious to read negative reviews for this comic. Basically it was "not muh Batman".

I love old letter pages because they actually printed negative letters. Letter pages nowadays are a total hugbox. Like reading a bunch of reddit posts

A literary classic compared to King's shit and a pretty good Batman book regardless. It's really refreshing to see a Batman story that doesn't tear down Batman to the point of redundancy, probably why I like Tomasi's 'Tec run so much. Just good Batman stuff.

You don't read too much Batman then.

Attached: batmandarkprincecharmingbanner.jpg (1090x550, 446K)

Tomasi Tec is actual trash man. You need to readjust your standards, you've been ruined by King.

>le "X writer hates Batman" meme

Not everyone has to like your version of Batman to like Batman.

>le "I think the Batman you like is bad, therefore you're a casual" meme.

I've READ Morrison, Snyder, O'Neil, Moench, Tomasi, and many others. I just don't like them as much.

You know I wasn't even aware they still do letter pages, outside of Immortal Hulk. Your annecdote does remind me of when I was going thru Detective Comics #626 and ALL of the letters were of people complaining about Tim's mom dying to give him motivation to become Robin.

Yeah but King's Batman is a disgrace and a shit on the Batman name. Though for the purpose of conversation I would like to know what you like about King's Batman. What you see in it.

>Not everyone has to like your version of Batman to like Batman.
There is nothing likable about King's Batman. He took every positive aspect Batman ever had and turned into a negative. He's literally stripping Batman of all his heroism so he can reduce the character to utter banality.
>I've READ Morrison, Snyder, O'Neil, Moench, Tomasi, and many others. I just don't like them as much.
Fuck it. You're a troll.

>Fuck it. You're a troll.
Different guy but you're basically going REEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

The guys tastes don't align perfectly with yours. Big fucking deal

The guy's a troll.

That's fair, I wasn't feeling his first arc, but I did really like the recent issue he did with the Joker. Now that's how these characters are supposed to be written.

Attached: 6735415-norm 4.png (651x556, 848K)

King's Batman is one of the few times I actually feel connected to Bruce as a person, rather than just as an inspiration. As you can probably guess from the writers I picked, I'm interested more in the Batfamily than Batman himself - King changed that for me.

I find Batman struggling to synthesize his vow with a measure of happiness or healing to be very likeable.

What I find heroic about Batman is that he saves people. King's Batman saves people.

As for being a troll...I'm not insincerely posting inflammatory things. That'd be the two guys in this thread (I can read the number of posters just as well as you can) who ARE posting inflammatory things.

>King's Batman is one of the few times I actually feel connected to Bruce as a person, rather than just as an inspiration.
Are you a 14 year old boy going through a weird phase who cut your arms and listen too much to sad rap music? Because that's the only way you could identify with King's Bruce.

>I find Batman struggling to synthesize his vow with a measure of happiness or healing to be very likeable.
That's pretty much the majority of Batman stories. So i doubt very much you read all those authors you mentioned.

I don't know, he just doesn't really seem to like the Batfamily to much, what with Bruce hitting Tim, and Bruce only caring much for Catwoman and how the greatest tragedy of his life is Selina leaving him instead of all of the other hardships Bruce has faced. I just feel like Tom King's run is a poor interpretation on the caped crusader.

Not to mention Bruce seeing his crusade as a his undoing, because he decided to give his life away helping people with his vow rather than just cutting his wrists like he originally wanted. Which is a complete misreading of the character of Bruce and the point of Batman.

Actually, I'm neither here nor there on "I Am Suicide." I think it's thematically important to what King is doing, but I'm much more invested in his relationship with Catwoman, Alfred, and his vow.

Morrison - Batman is a Zen Master who is also still emotionally a frozen child
Snyder - Batman is dead, and cannot have a future with any real family. Oh, and Alfred calls him son a lot.
O'Neil - Batman is very cool, but also completely pointless and shouldn't be Batman (at least, that's what he thinks at the end of his career, see also his Holiday anthology story and his Tec 1000 story)
Moench - doesn't really have much interesting to say
Tomasi - Batman is a daddy. He's always in lots of pain, and this justifies how mean he is to everyone except Damian, because Damian is also always in lots of pain.

King's Batman does struggle with the Batfamily. I liked the issues he did with Dick (and then editorial completely ignored his suggestions on how to resolve that problem and gave us the trash fire of Ric). Bruce hitting Tim is clearly a reference to the famous Batman slapping Robin, as well as a breaking point. It's supposed to be Bruce falling to his lowest point - the arc is called the Fall and the Fallen. Bruce clearly loves his kids, even though he's really bad at saying it, in I Am Bane in the burger scene. As for Bruce not loving Catwoman - I'm pretty sure we're going to get more exploration of what that really means in the next 18 months. Finally - it wasn't losing Selina that was the greatest tragedy - that was Bruce being raised emotionally to the peak of happiness, and then being brought down over the next 25 issues by isolating him from not just Catwoman, but also his whole family and city and friends (Gordon).

Well, I disagree with Snyder's conclusions about Bruce in Superheavy, but the idea that Batman's vow is basically death to any idea of Bruce growing as a person is clearly not just a Tom King thing.

based and Morrisonpilled

Attached: hypercrisis.png (678x940, 1.15M)

I actually quite like Snyder's take on Batman. That's not to say that his stories were top tier (Black Mirror was fantastic), but I loved how his Bruce Wayne knew every bit of his city. Every corner, every street, every gang, every subway station and when they leave. It was as if Gotham was as much of a part of Batman as Batman is a part of Gotham, and he genuinely loved his city and wants the best for it (which is what the Gotham Is article at the beginning of his Nu52 run is about). What he did to Mr. Freeze is a crime though.

ngl the only reason I put Morrison there was because I really did not want to put Loeb or Snyder there. I read his Batman and Robin and Arkham Asylum but that's about it.

It's really interesting to me how none of Morrison's artists are being listed - not Quitely, Burnham, Kubert, Tan, Paquette, or Williams III. A shame, since most of them are top tier. But none of them seem to have really made an impact as "favorite Batman artists".

Also, Jock and Francavilla would be on my own list if they were as consistent on their other Batman stuff as they were on Black Mirror.

You've the most misguided reading of the writers you mentioned.
By the way, King's Bruce doesn't care about his family or anyone else for that matter outside of Selina, and he only cares for Selina because he sees in her a kindred spirit because of the whole suicidal idiocy. He feels like an adolescent that doesn't care about nothing, but his desire to be understood and appreciated.
>it wasn't losing Selina that was the greatest tragedy - that was Bruce being raised emotionally to the peak of happiness, and then being brought down over the next 25 issues
Selina being his sole peak of happiness. The book made that obvious. Bane made them get together and then pulled them apart to break Bruce. The family is literally superfluous.
>Batman's vow is basically death to any idea of Bruce growing as a person is clearly not just a Tom King thing.
Tom King just took any subtlety of it and turned into something really fucking dumb.

Well. You don't like the way I read the other writers, and I don't like the way you read King. We're not going to change the way the other thinks.

King isn't the most subtle of writers, and i feel that you're trolling.

Batman Incorporated is too good an idea to let lie. Anthology series when?

Again. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean that I am deliberately being insincere to get a reaction.

100% agree. Though I'm not sure if the idea was really sustainable as an ongoing status quo. I wish it were, but it feels like DC doesn't want Batman to be so global.

I'm sorry, but i just can't take anyone seriously that sincerely list Tom King as the number one Batman writer.

Here's a big example where i feel you must be a troll. You talked about how the other writers wrote Batman as if he was frozen or dead as a person, but that couldn't be further from the truth. So i feel you're posting that just to get a rise and to defend King's characterization in one stroke. Even Snyder wrote that Bruce isn't frozen or dead as a person. Snyder's take is that Batman IS growth for Bruce. If Bruce didn't had his life mission, he'd be nothing as a person. He'd let himself be crushed by his life tragedy and traumas. His life mission to be Batman is what saved him and helps keep him steady. Snyder portrays Bruce as a priest with a higher calling. That's why romantic relationships are treated by him as a distraction he has no time for.

King is the one that treats Batman as literally being the death of Bruce. As long he's Batman there's no room for growth. Because he only decided to become Batman because at the time it felt as being slightly better than just cutting his wrist. And he's miserable still. The Bat-Family are shown as being part of the problem. Selina meanwhile represent a cure-all for this depression. She's also the only one who cares enough to save him from this depressive state. It's just a revolting treatment of the Batman mythos. It literally strips Batman of all his heroism and positivism.

So what about your number one favorite writer's and artist's runs your favorite?

>Tomasi's 'Tec
is awful

Attached: fgsfds.png (300x315, 59K)

What I meant to say is, what about your favorite run makes it your favorite? sorry for the typo.

My favorite run is Morrisons, because it's dope as fuck

>>Denny O'Neil
He is such a central creator to the modern iconic Batman. Well, maybe not quite modern anymore, but he was central so so much of what Batman was in the 70s into the 00s. Yet so many people don't think of him. You always hear about Frank Miller or even Alan Moore for Killing Joke, but as a writer and editor O'Neil should be as well known as them. Not to mention his work on other characters like Green Lantern and The Question. I've idolized him since I was a kid reading comics in the 90s.

Attached: batman_adams_vol3.jpg (400x567, 84K)

Tomasi
Morrison
Priest

Paul Dini
Bruce Timm
Tim Levins
Dennis O'Neil

B

Based and Grantpilled

The art is gorgeous

Yeah that book was great.

Attached: RCO073.jpg (1359x2048, 613K)

I'm not asking you to take me seriously. You're the one who is making this all about conflict and namecalling.

As for Snyder - sure, Batman may have BEEN growth in the past for Bruce, but he does not seem to believe that Batman can actually grow as an adult, in his run. In what meaningful way does Batman grow between Court of Owls and Superheavy?

As for King's "Batman is death" - the whole point of his run is that (at least in my prediction), Batman is going to grow past that state. And that instead of being, as Selina says, the only way for Bruce to become the machine that turns pain into hope, that instead he will realize that he is able to do that without the narrowest interpretation of his vow.