Rick and Morty Season 4

A single glass bead fell onto the floor

In my pursuit to catch it, out fell two more

Attached: rick-and-morty-season-4.jpg (1024x1024, 124K)

>Rick and Morty
Gross

So what would the series have to do to redeem itself?

Be good?

Make Rick human again.

Attached: I went to college.jpg (221x228, 11K)

Do you guyz really hate it or just do it for the onion reddit memes?

Stop with the character development and go back to Rick being an irresponsible scientist taking his nervous grandson on adventures.

I really fucking hate how apathetic Morty (And the whole family, really) has become. The majority of the humor came from normal characters screaming at Rick's sci-fi nonsense while HE was the one who acted like, "What, you've never seen a monster made out of teeth before?".

When everyone in the cast is basically Rick, it's really fucking dull.

Long time between seasons, season 3 being a bit harsh and a good deal less funny, and overhype makes people skeptical.

This is the fate of any comedy that gets too popular on the internet

Attached: aqua crying.png (995x803, 421K)

>stop with the character development
No, character development is fine. But you can't mistake edginess for character development.

There's static characters, and dynamic characters. At least, so I thought...

>grandson calls grandfather by his first name
What the fuck is Morty’s problem? Is this an American thing or something? At least summer calls him grampa Rick. That makes sense, but just Rick? Does Morty not consider him family or something?

Attached: 0441410B-E4DA-4813-BFF9-FC6CFF3B473C.jpg (1400x1863, 353K)

So who is the better villain, Evil Morty or Tammy?

Attached: evil morty.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

Tammy's not a villain. She's just a bureaucratic leader of a military operation. She's like the woman from Zero Dark Thirty.

I'm skeptical of Evil Morty. So far he has mystique, but I have a feeling that as soon as they try to give him any "Mortiness" it'll fly out the window.

She's more than -just- a bureaucrat. She still has a unit up and running after the government collapses.

Though it's true she's more of an antagonist towards Rick than someone baring true malice like Evil Morty and his morty torture dome

Attached: morty torture dome.png (1920x1088, 3.05M)

in the very first episode, rick made him shove huge seeds up his ass, which turned out to be pointless anyway since the government had a new scanner, and then he made him kill a security officer, and then the seeds made him smart for 5 seconds just to cause him unimaginable pain.

Yeah, at this point Morty is just going along with Rick because Morty deep down wants a grandpa who loves him, but all he gets is Rick.(well, he does love Morty, but doesn't mind if Morty gets to suffer for all eternity)

That's just what bureaucrats do. They become their job. It's all they've ever been and it's all they know how to be. They have a set of tools and all they want to do is use them. She doesn't care that Rick destroyed the government. She doesn't care about anything Rick did. She just knows that her job is to take down Rick and she's going to be the best at it. It might not be the DMV clerk level of disinterested inefficiency that YOU think of when you hear "bureaucrat", but when it comes to the suit-and-tie, deep state government officials, you got your power-seeking politicians trying to one-up each other for standing and then you got your bureaucrats like Tammy.

Like literally. She's EXACTLY the woman from Zero Dark Thirty.

Also Rick tried to cause instrumentality in the very beginning of the very first episode complete with getting Morty a red head

>That's just what bureaucrats do. They become their job. It's all they've ever been and it's all they know how to be. They have a set of tools and all they want to do is use them.

You wanna rail on bureacrats you're preaching to the choir. But Tammy didn't fall apart when the literal president of the society did, flat out an heroing. Literally EVERYONE ELSE in the Galactic Government couldn't fucking handle the collapse, but Tammy could.

Admittedly Roiland might just off her in the first ten seconds of season 4, so I might be wasting my breath, but I think dismissing her out of hand is silly.

Attached: galactic.png (992x1005, 680K)

>She just knows that her job is to take down Rick and she's going to be the best at it.

Is she targeting Rick specifically? The wedding was more of a wide net operation, one that Rick wasn't even inclined to go to in the first place

Jesus Christ I don't care what her job is, from the story structure point of view she is the villain. You might want to get your autism checked, retard.

>the woman from Zero Dark Thirty
Might as well make a citation from Harry Potter, it's not important.

Antagonist would be a more fair way of saying it since the story itself calls Rick's heroism into doubt. Heh, but maybe "villain" does work...

>Literally EVERYONE ELSE in the Galactic Government couldn't fucking handle the collapse, but Tammy could.
That's because everyone in that building were politicians, not bureaucrats. The true bureaucrats are silently fleeing to Argentina and wondering what they did wrong by being too good at getting trains from point A to point B.

Make it like Season 1 and get a Bushworld Adventures crossover for an episode

You're not very good at words, are you?

Let's start with a simple one:
villain (n) - a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot

Rick was absent most of Morty's life so it's probably because they've only met recently.

Morty marries popuko.

Attached: morty_and_popuko_by_winwinstudios-dc00ofr.png (1024x903, 352K)

>The true bureaucrats are silently fleeing to Argentina and wondering what they did wrong by being too good at getting trains from point A to point B.

That's Jerry, not Tammy though. Tammy is, in your incredibly hamfisted Nazi analogy, the SS officer actively hunting down the Jews.

This is the only cartoon I'm actually looking forward to watching in a long while

Jerry is most definitely a bureaucrat. Just not a very good one. They come at all levels. But limp-dicks like Jerry did not create bureaucracy. They couldn't create... a cold. Dedicated and obsessed individuals like Tammy create bureaucracy. It didn't just come from nowhere.

I'm guessing you don't like doing your taxes, user

Attached: Hermes.jpg (210x240, 10K)

>Tammy is a bureaucrat
You know, I think many things when I see an uncover super spy honeypot who sleeps with a bird person to arrest a bunch of freedom fighters/terrorists, "bureaucrat" is not one of them.

Attached: phoenix-person-e1506918491843.jpg (780x440, 50K)

I literally can't find this quote anywhere on the internet besides this post. Where is it from?

Tales of the Abyss OP "Karma", translated into english with a bit of tweaking on my part to make it sound nicer.

Be more like season 1 and 2.

And maybe shame their terrible fanbase for the sauce incident.

>important to the plot
THERE'S NO VILLAINS MORTY, NOTHING'S *URP* IMPORTANT

>And maybe shame their terrible fanbase for the sauce incident.

Honestly Harmon and Roiland were part of that incident, they got angry McDonalds didn't give them a cut of the sauce revival. Or pretended to get angry I don't know no one's upfront about anything

HE'S A BUREAUCRAT MORTY, I DON'T RESPECT HIM

Attached: i dont respect him.jpg (780x439, 31K)

Terribly unfunny show

I wish they’d stop treating Rick like an infallible god. It’s not fun to see absolutely no problem phase him

He nearly committed suicide once and he lost to Jerry at the end of season three and lost his family.

Yeah the suicide was with Unity.

This bureaucrat stuff makes me think of Order vs Chaos. Rick obviously embodies Chaos, but only to a degree given that he's the malevolent god of an entire microverse to power his car

Tell good jokes.

Or even if the rest of the season is shit, as long as the Interdimensional Cable episode is better than season 1, it will be a good season.

He didn't lose his family, he just realized they aren't gonna take his shit anymore.

And after all of season 3 building him up as an infallible Gary Stu, damn did it feel good.

Goddamn it I read that in his voice.