Guy is the most uselessly overrated green lantern ever

>not funny
>obnoxiously immature
>everyone thinks he's lame
>changes sides way to often
>never was big in sales in his >arc
>He's a big pussy when you notice he can't even get to back up his shit talk to batman

Come at me bros.

Attached: guy-gardner-parleys-with-superman-5.jpg (1822x756, 445K)

He's an occasional nice change of pace. Comic heroes tend to fall into some generic archetypes. Usually just variations of "nondescript every-person with a bland sense of morals trying to do the right thing while dealing with their normal life problems." It's nice to see writers have the balls to make an actual character, even if they went a bit heavy on the "character" with Guy.

Not when John Stewart and Jessica Cruz exists.

>t.nigger self-inserting as Stewart
Kys and take Nigger Lantern with you.

Batman already fills the edgy asshole quota though.

Plastic man is better, guys a faggot loser trying to be lobo.

Who is guy?

That time he beat the fuck out of arkillo was pretty sweet

Funny, all the reasons you listed are why I love him so much. All his traits make him stand out from not only all the other GL's but also most other heroes.

Friendly reminder that he has just as much will if not more than Hal but the ring didn't have enough power to reach him so it had to settle for Jordan

Attached: based.png (618x970, 1022K)

As pretty much any adult comedy cartoon made in the last 20 years will show you: there's no quota limit for that character archetype. Besides, what good is an edgy asshole if 95% of writers are afraid to knock them down a peg?

What, just because they're both low-brow, they're the same character? Sure Plastic Man is better, but it can't be the Plastic Man show starring Plastic Man, co-starring Plastic Man with guest appearance by Plastic Man. There are many stories to tell and many roles to fill.

Guy isn't an edgy asshole, he's a jerk sure, but he's a good guy. In a way he plays up the asshole aspect like Booster does, because he'd rather take the hits so someone else doesn't have to.

Cue Batman punching the fuck out of him.

Attached: main-qimg-5aad25a04a82314983df1238b68ad3c4.png (602x927, 948K)

>trying to be Lobo
Wrong.

Attached: Guy Gardner - Warrior (1992-1996) 014-011.jpg (3975x3056, 3.85M)

Was it ever really explained how his characteristic changed so much after he became a green lantern, at least from the flashbacks and what he did beforehand, I just can't see him as a snarky dick all the time.

Also, is that still a thing, since his newer adaptation is vastly different from when he was stationed on Earth in the 80-00's

What issue of Invincible was this?

No joke but it's brain damage.

Attached: 1_JJOL4zCCYLww7W7-O2CnEQ.png (623x371, 38K)

you're kidding, right?

honestly I don't think it did change. So he studied Psychology, so he chose to work helping prisoners and special needs kids, so what? It's possible to have an abrasive, standoffish personality and still do these things. Guy is an asshole, but one with a big heart. that's always been his schtick.

He's making a joke about the overtop gore, retard.

>honestly I don't think it did change
It did, it was even a plot point in the Bwa-ha-ha days of the justice league.

That page is incredibly homoerotic

He was still upright enough to refuse to work in blackops

Guy is best girl

Attached: gal_gardner_by_morganagod.jpg (600x978, 101K)

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Underneath the whole frat boy personality he’s a decent enough person who cares about his friends. Occasionally it shows.

Fuck off you dumb tranny.

He literally suffered brain damage.

What do they have to do with anything?

ONE
PUNCH

>it can't be the Plastic Man show starring Plastic Man, co-starring Plastic Man with guest appearance by Plastic Man.
Why the fuck not? Get Plastic Man to direct that shit and you're golden.

>changes sides way to often

He has literal brain damage user. Give him a break.

Um k, but there’s more than one African in the GL corps.

Good

He’s a bastard, but a glorious bastard.

t, plebtaste

I’m not sure what definition of “edgy” you’re trying to put here.

Jessica is the worst GL and a terrible character. The fact that anyone admits to liking her makes her the most overrated.

t. tranny

t.tranny

but it's canon

Attached: ggw42-cover.jpg (665x1011, 294K)

guy and lobo are friends actually.

Attached: lobo cameo.jpg (1600x1237, 620K)

Guy is based.
now if you want to be have useless and pathetic you look at john steward.

Attached: guy gardner 2.jpg (1024x1535, 301K)

Not when fucking Hal "She was 28!" Jordan exists.

This is kinda fucked up ngl

you ain't seen nothing yet
(and fun fact, mary later did go and beat guy up but basicly told him she kinda liked it but he should wait until she is an adult)

Attached: guy fingers mary.jpg (978x1280, 306K)

There’s not really any such thing as a bad character.

Even dumb motherfuckers like Quagmire have interesting moments every now and then.

John is the GL of the DCAU
He is the most people think of when they hear Green Lantern
John is the Green Lantern the people want

Attached: ikcWm.jpg (1068x631, 210K)

This was a dream, it didn't actually happen.

Anyone got the panel of Guy's speech to sinestro when he says "I got your ring"?

How the hell would that work?
He and Lobo aren’t even remotely the same.

Attached: guy gardner & aquaman.jpg (1600x1026, 432K)

this is why he's the best GL

All of the other Green Lanterns are pretty bland and generic. The only thing Hal ever had going for him was that he was a big bad guy once. Then it's pretty much either completely swept under the rug or forgotten.

He never was. That was Parallax

Guy transcends gender.

Nah, he's extremely male.

kino

See

No, he wasn’t in inglorious basterds.
That was Brad Pitt.

I mean that is Superman in that pic lol. everyone else would look like pure trash next to him.

As is Yea Forums's list for Guy

And then they become the best of pals

Fucking A+

VERY good

It's like Carol Danvers but not fucked.

Fuck you, Guy is awesome. Especially when he has someone to play off. GLC with him & Kyle was great. I honestly wouldn't mind him & Jess joining forces. And the best way to describe him is Zapp Brannigan with sense.

Attached: 1562038761494.jpg (519x640, 138K)

God, I want all of that.
Fuck him, or be fucked by him.

Same desu
I have a shameful fetish for lewd and cocky athletic-looking guys and Guy just hits all the right notes

Attached: tumblr_p8w0h4nzNS1rg4mm8o3_540.png (540x157, 83K)

Guy and Kyle GLC was top tier bromance.

He's literally a joke and a shallow idiot with no real reason to cheer for.

That's not how you say kilowog, pooser.

Artie has more Chad in his human gills than gardner has in his bowl cut. Long hair gets him pussy and respect.

You saying he's Peter Parker or wally west, guy is bland and boring compared to them.

He's fun when he's hanging out with Kyle.

Attached: RCO003_1468568132.jpg (1600x1219, 555K)