Blackwash a character/reboot of show has black character in it

>blackwash a character/reboot of show has black character in it
WOW WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THE SJWs MAKE THIER OWN SHIT REEEEEE
>new character/show
WOW WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS SHOW HAVE THIS SJW SHIT IN IT REEEEEEEE

Attached: ferret_washer.gif (245x194, 818K)

>expecting bigots to not be retarded
user, pls. Just post more cute ferrets.

Here you go

Attached: PEANUT_BUTTER.gif (250x188, 866K)

>character is of an alien race where the color of their skin or hair doesn’t really matter because they’re an alien
>TV or movie adaptation casts a person of color for the role

SHEESH ANOTHER CHARACTER BLACKWASHED. WHY CANT SJWS CANT JUST CREATE THEIR OWN CHARACTERS?

Attached: 1B73E1A1-B119-44F2-BB5A-F673E4EC0384.jpg (943x305, 94K)

To be fair with Starfire the best choice would have been Latina

Most of the time they just blackwash gingers and most audiences are OK with that because redheads are gross.

Attached: GingerGenocide.jpg (484x1024, 118K)

I agree. Funny how a poc, by crazy liberal american standards, that honors the source material is ignored for a more oppressed minority group.
Thats why all these sjw feel so hamfisted, they make it all an oppression olympic.

Because the type of character that causes these controversy are shit like Black Spiderman. They're shit on an intrinsic level. And liberally minded person should be disgusted with a billion dollar corporation trying to cash in on racism.

>woke retard who will most definitely talk about characters being "coded" a certain race when it's convenient, but ditches that argument when it isn't

I just find it funny how most people who defend blackwashing and raceswapping because "It doesn't matter if they LOOK like the character from the comic! All that matters is if they capture the ESSENCE of the character!" are then the first ones to piss and moan when the movie/show/whatever changes the character's costume. "THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE IN THE COMIC! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

Because they still are rascist.
>ginger = poor irish low working class that is said to be wild
>black = poor former slave working class that are wild
You even can say it has a similar sex fetish stereotype.
Or folklore, vodoo = african, witchcraft = witch with red hair

Welcome to 2017. Glad you idiots are finally starting to remember why no intelligent people support the right wing. They are contradictory and dishonest to the last.

contributing to ferret thread

Attached: 4YeyOxR.gif (320x220, 2.66M)

Ferrets are great.
/pol/ and Yea Forums are retarded.
Yea Forums 2016 was a mistake.

based anons are making threads with my ferret pics and even contributing more
i'm even the guy who came up with "Bladies"
can i even be stopped at this point

Attached: Fluffy boy.jpg (581x513, 45K)

>blackwash
I hate how the term whitewashing has been retooled into racial shit when it's supposed to mean covering up the original context.

Ferrets ARE the new meme
an gang rise up

Attached: D_ksfrmUIAAX-se.jpg (2048x2048, 483K)

I hate how despite making up only 13% of the population, African Americans commit 52% of all violent crimes in the United States of America. But hey, whaddayagonnado?

>unironically posting Antifa edits

Shh, you're posting in a discord thread

Cry about it on the internet like usual?

>hacks adapt a work poorly
This is shit
>Hacks make their own thing poorly
This is also shit

Hmmmmm

Attached: Spider(Aquatic).webm (450x254, 2.85M)

>two people can hold opinions that aren't in congruence with the other person
Stop the fucking presses

Attached: 1460743548277.jpg (1280x1440, 273K)

how i feel about this thread
see gif

Attached: 2fc8fdaa22cac5d659ff716fcd3a191f.gif (305x229, 1.38M)

As someone's whose not black or white the diversity thing is annoying because Liberals and Hollywood seem to think that "Diversity" just means black and white and ignoring every other race. Eternals at least seems to be changing it up by racebending with Latinos

>blackwash a character

"blackface" a character, you mean.

If it's wrong to do it in reality, it's wrong to do it in fiction.

Honestly, I think the actress they cast could have worked if they were willing to do makeup for her, or at least give her an outfit that didn't make her look like she walked out of a thrift store wearing $15 of what she could find and a bad wig.

The costuming of Starfire in that show would have looked awful on anyone, and the fact that it looked so bad only gave ammunition to the casting choice haters.

Can we just keep characters their original race and gender, is that so hard? Don’t blackwash a ginger and don’t whitewash an Asian.
There’s always going to be outrage from some political side whatever they do. Libs will bitch if someone’s changed to white and right wingers will bitch if someone’s changed to brown.
But no one wants to make new characters these days, because a legacy character falls under the copyright that they already have.

>Can we just keep characters their original race and gender, is that so hard?

So you want 99% of every cast to be white, just like it was in the 1950s when those casts were created? Like it or not (and I don't care if you don't like it), but those comics and those casts were created at a time when racism was the norm and the overwhelming whiteness of it all was a symptom of that era of racism. Diversifying the casts in modern adaptations is correcting the mistakes of the past. COPE.

You’re just admitting you can’t create anything as lasting as those mean unironically masculine creators in previous eras. Those characters are white because they embody white moral structures. Remove one and you remove the other and what is left is just pointless, amoral void.

Your stories have no soul, all they care about are external contingent characteristics.

>symptom of racism
More like symptom of being in a relatively homogenous society. Shame we can’t have that any more.

As a black dude with a thing for redheads you don't know how ironically painful this is

>character is unequivocally coded white
>make them black
OMG SHE WAS AN ALIEN

Society wasn't homogenous 80 years ago, there was just the historical illusion of it because non-white people didn't get to be in stories much except as side characters and villains.

Leave it To Beaver wasn't real. It never was. All of the people who want to return to 1950's 'Father Knows Best' America like it was a real thing don't realize that even during that time period it was a myth.

Its like saying that the solution to the modern police culture problem is to return to the Buddy Cop era of law enforcement where major crimes were consistently solved by 2-men teams of damn good cops who saved the day by trusting their guts even if it meant going against the rules. Because it wouldn't have been on TV so much if it wasn't true to history, right?

it's almost like posters have no reason to maintain historical consistency because they're anonymous. Social Media was a mistake.

>blackwash a character/reboot of show has black character in it
don't go changing shit just because. respect the original work in it's original historic context
>new character/show
go ahead and make whatever you want, but if your writing is trash expect to be shit on twice as hard because at that point it's insulting

>So you want 99% of every cast to be white, just like it was in the 1950s when those casts were created? Like it or not (and I don't care if you don't like it), but those comics and those casts were created at a time when racism was the norm and the overwhelming whiteness of it all was a symptom of that era of racism. Diversifying the casts in modern adaptations is correcting the mistakes of the past. COPE.
I’m taking the bait, because what we should be doing is making new characters, each new generation is supposed to tell its own stories that reflect the current cultural climate. But with companies like Disney having a stranglehold on copyright, it’s arrested the natural cycle of storytelling. The concept of franchises is a relatively new one, throughout history most stories were one and done. That’s how it should be, because it allows our cultural consciousness to change with the times. Those 60+ year-old stories should remain in the past, we need something new that more accurately reflects who we are now.
Never ending franchises hurt more than just creators, they hurt our entire culture.