That's right, Lisa. The defective Simpson gene is on the Y chromosome, so only men are affected

That's right, Lisa. The defective Simpson gene is on the Y chromosome, so only men are affected.

Attached: 1256437.jpg (640x480, 43K)

how come Herb did okay?

dumb luck
he was still stupid enough to let Homer design his own car without real supervision

he trusted homer to design a car

He got better with the baby talker thing though

Wasn't homer's dad a badass war vet?

Also wasn't Homer's half sibling in England also affected?

The gene only affects genius, not success.

>first of the simpsons va to die
You’re a bit late to the party user.

Attached: 81306951-B911-4B19-B027-30DCFE21E349.gif (300x165, 785K)

ye

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-25-03h32m49s88.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

He was until he married a brainwashed hippie.

He had one thing the rest didn't, drive.

Simpsons didn't have continuity

Homer's only stupid because he has a crayon in his brain.

And since that episode was a Hell of alot funnier than this one, lets go with that explanation.

Shut up Boco

Is Simpsons still pulling in numbers big enough to make the main VA's insane salaries worthwhile? I don't know much about this business at all so I'm probably wrong but I cannot imagine that this is still a lucrative venture for Fox.
Dan, Yeardley, Nancy and Julie make around 350k per episode last time I checked, with around 22 episodes that's 30.8 million spent per season on those 4 voice actors alone. I'm now thinking maybe Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer earn the same amount since they voice 99% of the memorable, important side characters so you probably can add some more millions to that, including the other voice actors and the 15 thousand celebrity guest stars they feature in every season. Then there's the actual storyboarding, animation & voice direction, musical score (although I think they fired the composer a while ago and are just going to reuse everything he already composed for the rest of the series?), writing, and so on.
Again, I don't know much about how this industry works especially when money is involved but it's fucking insane to me that people still think this series is worth producing. I barely hear anyone talk about this show anymore and when I do, it's either them praising the golden era from 20+ years ago or them talking about how bad nuSimpsons has become. Maybe I'm just completely out of touch with the rest of the world but who is seriously still watching this?

Attached: 1499282848099.png (266x380, 154K)

Being voiced by Danny Devito helps. Plus, the last time we saw him, he's broke, so he failed eventually.

what was the message of this episode?

About 4 million people a week, according to Nielsen.

I'm not him, but I also barely understand TV as a business.
That seems middling. Is it?
Also to the other dude: I'm guessing the merch side of the Simpsons is still somewhat profitable.

That is such a stupid explanation. X chromosomes carry over a thousand traits in humans. By comparison to the X chromosome, the much smaller Y chromosome has only about 26 genes and gene families. Most of the Y chromosome genes are involved with essential cell house-keeping activities (16 genes) and sperm production (9 gene families). Only one of the Y chromosome genes, the SRY gene, is responsible for male anatomical traits. When any of the 9 genes involved in sperm production are missing or defective the result is usually very low sperm counts and subsequent infertility. One in six American couples are infertile. It is now thought that about 1/3 of these couples is unable to have children as a consequence of the male mate not having the necessary sperm producing genes on his Y chromosome.

Because the Y chromosome only experiences recombination with the X chromosome at the ends (as a result of crossing-over), the Y chromosome essentially is reproduced via cloning from one generation to the next. This prevents mutant Y chromosome genes from being eliminated from male genetic lines except by inactivation or deletion. Subsequently, the ***Y chromosome now has few active genes and mostly contains genetic junk rather than genes.***

Its good for network TV. Its also almost always the highest rated show of the night on Fox Sundays.

And yes, the millions they make in merchandise (and syndication, and streaming, and DVDs) is another reason to keep it going.

Nice to see a fellow geneticsbro in here
How conserved is the SRY region across Y chromosomes, and if its not Very conserved, could variations in the SRY region account for the Simpson Male Pattern Dumbness?

He's FTM.

Formerly Chick's.

Good points. Do you guys think they could make similar amounts of money even when not producing new content by just rerunning the show forever, with there being over 600 episodes? A while back I swear I even saw a major network in my country still regularly showing episodes of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air despite the show being off the air for 20+ years. Real cultural classics like these shows do not leave the public memory easily.

>Here comes the money laundry scheme theory

A lot of people hated this episode because it negated Bart becoming a supreme court justice, and made it seem like he would be a failure forever, all for the sake of "grrrl power".

Oakley and Weinstein, while they had a lot of good episodes, towards the end of their run arguably laid the groundwork for Zombie Simpsons with character-warping episodes like Hurricane Neddy, Principal and the Pauper, Lisa the Simpson, and Homer's Enemy.

It's a Lisa episode what the fuck did you expect?

This, to be honest

sneed

>Weinstein
So the jews ruined the Simpsons too...

Your thread-derailing powers are useless over here, Yea Forums.

Attached: homer-paper.jpg (377x318, 54K)

Yea Forums? no, I am mister.../vt/, yes that will do. and I come from some place far away. I say we all post Sneed!

Attached: Snrub.jpg (500x376, 28K)

But Bart could have been a successful drummer in a Jazz band.

He still ended up broke not long after according to a later episode

I like the way /vt/ thinks

Attached: lop.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Attached: extra-extra-sneeds-named-worlds-greates-feed-and-seed-sneeds-53268113.png (500x387, 96K)

They were very meta in their approach to the characters, which was necessary 8n order to breathe new life into the show.

>Homer's brother is fine
>Homer's sister is retarded

Homer has a sister?

Sneed indeed

Homer's dad fucked around a lot.

Simpson men are just happier,they don't care too much about studies at a young age but all lead happy ,I'll be it, non-high profiting lifes.
Simpson women are just about the opposite as we see with Lisa
Of course there are exceptions like Herb or I presume Maggie.

Abby, she is Homer's older sister.

Abe had a relationship with a brittish woman during WW2 and she got pregnant.