You idiots could have prevented this: disney tried to push the idea that 2d animation could be less kid-friendly when...

you idiots could have prevented this: disney tried to push the idea that 2d animation could be less kid-friendly when they made black cauldron and you people shit all over it. they tried again with atlantis, and you people shit all over it. they tried to break free of the "disney is only for kids" shackles that society forced onto them, but we proved time and time again that we werent having it.

and now look where we are: disney is looking upon us and i can almost hear them saying "NOW are we still just for kids?! now that we own everything, can we FINALLY be not just for fucking kids?!"

they broke free of the "just for kids" shackles, but because of all of you, they couldn't free 2D animation along with them.

Attached: lion-king-disneyscreencaps.com-401.jpg (1920x1080, 109K)

>you people
>for not seeing Black Cauldron
>in 1985
>you would have to be forty four years old now in order to be TEN when Black Cauldron came out
>Atlantis (2001) isn’t much better for how many anons around here would be adults by the time of its release

How fucking old do you think the average user here is, OP? I suppose next you’re gonna blame us for not buying enough tickets to Fantasia.

>Yea Forums could have had the slightest impact
you could cause make some real change if you just killed yourself already

>they broke free of the "just for kids" shackles, but because of all of you, they couldn't free 2D animation along with them.
Mate, this is an industry that to this very day enables weebs in spectacular ways. The ghetto is very much alive in the States.

Attached: 5645645645645645645.jpg (480x480, 29K)

I wasn't even alive when Black Cauldron was released. AND it came BEFORE the Disney renascence.

>they tried to break free of the "disney is only for kids" shackles that society forced onto them,

The "we have to be edgy and modern" is not a mature mindset. Making classic fairy-tale stories is the adult thing to do.

Disney/Pixar films have been popular among young adults for at least a decade, and remain aimed at kids.
3D killed 2D, not the target audience.

>black cauldron and you people shit all over it
But... the movie was shit though?

> they tried again with atlantis, and you people shit all over it
Bull fucking shit. Atlantis is kino and most people on Yea Forums agree.

>they tried to break free of the "disney is only for kids" shackles that society forced onto them, but we proved time and time again that we werent having it.
Bullshit and you know it. Bait thread is obvious but fuck it I'm chompin' on it like a shark.
Disney do not want to spend more money on new IPs. Disney looked at their previous movies and went "HUH, THEY STIILL MAKE A SHIT TON OF MONEY" then they thought "WHAT IF WE... MADE THEM AGAIN!? BUT LE EPIC AND CUUL! A surge in boxoffice sales AND a renergizing of the merchandise market that was already still pretty strong."

>when they made black cauldron and you people shit all over it

No, Michael Eisner shit all over it by taking a machete to the original cut and turning it into a complete un-salvageable mess. Get your facts straight.

lol @ the people misinterpreting what OP is saying, and so now they conveniently don't have to address the point he's making: Disney tried to push the medium into a more mature place and audiences shut them down. audiences voted, with their wallets, to keep 2d animation's status as something that's only for little kids.

imagine being in your late 30s on Yea Forums screeching at shadows of a bygone era.

>you could've prevented this by watching movies that came out before you were born

The average user age is 25.

Yea Forums enjoyed both Atlantis and black cauldron though

>Out before you were born
>2001
Wait wut

I am Yea Forums and I thought both those movies sucked

Jokes on you, dipshit. I loved Black Cauldron AND Atlantis when I was a kid.

Katzenberg was the one who chopped it up after being told you can't edit a mostly animated movie.

Maybe they should have made better movies. And honestly they were for teenagers at most, and if there's one thing teenagers used to hate (not so much now for some reason that eludes me) it's doing shit that seems kiddy. Titan A.E. at least tried to apppeal to teenagers with shitty rock songs and stunt casting celebrity VAs, but still failed.

Anyway, animation for adults exists, it's not because you only care about blockbusters that it doesnt.

Attached: b4f.jpg (600x451, 25K)

>>>/Out/

But he's right. They're pretty but the stories they tell are big piles of messy nothing.

it’s your fault!!

I hope they make Kovu Scar´s biological son in the sequel.

>when they made black cauldron and you people shit all over it

Dude, I was 10 years old, I went to watch it at the cinema. What else do you want from me?

Hello